The road To Rome

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The popes have succeeded in deceiving the church world to go back to the Bible of the Catholic design. Nothing has brought the church to the “road to Rome” like the influence of Catholic Bibles. No one can study the Alexandrian manuscripts, where they came from and the difference in the texts, and then compare them to the Received Text without seeing the difference. The Catholic Church hated every effort to translate the Scriptures and especially King James of England for his role in appointing the translators and bankrolling the production of that Bible. But the argument is not the King James Bible; it is the text behind this Bible. The NIV, The Message, and other new translations provide a text that is extremely friendly to Catholic doctrines. Post-Millennialism or Amillennialism are both much easier to defend from the NIV or most of the other versions. The majority of those that hate the King James Bible also hate Pre-Tribulation or Pre-Millennial truth.
The most recent popes are certainly the “most prophetic popes of Catholic history.” Every point I have made fits the revelations of the end times that fills Holy Scripture. It is no secret why the Catholic Church rejects a literal interpretation of the book of Revelation. That one book, when believed, destroys the whole structure of Catholic dogma. If you will read and believe the chronological text of this great book sent to us by Jesus Christ through the Apostle John, you will fully understand the Catholic Church and cannot help but see the connections. There are many wonderful Americans that are Catholic in their faith.
If you do not have your anchor in the infallible Scriptures, and if you are not thoroughly on the altar with Jesus Christ, you are subject to danger. The Rapture is imminent, but the hour is unknown. The signs everywhere are of the antiChrist and his system of world control. Always remember, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.” (Psalm 91:1-2)​

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
blessedhope said:
The popes have succeeded in deceiving the church world to go back to the Bible of the Catholic design
. If it weren't for the Catholic Church, you would have no Bible. St. Jerome translated from the oldest manuscripts, Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic into the Latin Vulgate, the international language of the time. There is nothing sinister or evil about it. The intention of St. Jerome, translating into Latin the Hebrew of the Old Testament and the Greek of the New Testament, was that ordinary Christians of the Roman empire should be able to read the word of God. 'Ignorance of the scriptures', he wrote, 'is ignorance of Christ'.

jerome.png

Nothing has brought the church to the “road to Rome” like the influence of Catholic Bibles. No one can study the Alexandrian manuscripts, where they came from and the difference in the texts, and then compare them to the Received Text without seeing the difference.
Your negative obsession with the Catholic Church is not based in reality.

The Catholic Church hated every effort to translate the Scriptures and especially King James of England for his role in appointing the translators and bankrolling the production of that Bible. But the argument is not the King James Bible; it is the text behind this Bible.

The King of England, James, commissioned a group of so called scholars to produce the KJV , the CC had nothing to do with it. Luther's Protestant Bible came out 1520 and before his Bible the Catholic Bible had been translated into Spanish, Italian, Danish, French, Norwegian, Polish, Bohemian, Hungarian and English, there was exactly 104 editions in Latin; 38 editions in German language, 25 editions in Italian language, 18 in French. In all 626 editions of the Bible with 198 in the language of the laity, had been edited before the first Protestant Bible was sent forth into the world.

The NIV, The Message, and other new translations provide a text that is extremely friendly to Catholic doctrines. Post-Millennialism or Amillennialism are both much easier to defend from the NIV or most of the other versions. The majority of those that hate the King James Bible also hate Pre-Tribulation or Pre-Millennial truth.
Nobody hates anything. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

"...There are two general philosophies translators use when they do their work: formal or complete equivalence and dynamic equivalence. Formal equivalence translations try to give as literal a translation of the original text as possible. Translators using this philosophy try to stick close to the originals, even preserving much of the original word order...

...Because literal translations can be difficult to read, many have produced more readable Bibles using the dynamic equivalence philosophy. According to this view, it does not matter whether the grammar and word order of the original is preserved in English so long as the meaning of the text is preserved. This frees up the translator to use better English style and word choice, producing more readable translations..."
read more here

The most recent popes are certainly the “most prophetic popes of Catholic history.” Every point I have made fits the revelations of the end times that fills Holy Scripture.
Why do you keep picking on Catholicism? What did we ever do to you? And no, it is your personal private delusional interpretation of Revelation you have that no reputable Protestant bible scholar would agree with. I challenge you to find one. Since you won't be able to, have the decency to stop your groundless persecution of Catholicism.

It is no secret why the Catholic Church rejects a literal interpretation of the book of Revelation.

Wacko cults interpret literally parts of verses when it is convenient for them, and I know of no church older than 50 years that interprets Revelation literally. Here is a a good example of how false teachers butcher Revelation.

That one book, when believed, destroys the whole structure of Catholic dogma. If you will read and believe the chronological text of this great book sent to us by Jesus Christ through the Apostle John, you will fully understand the Catholic Church and cannot help but see the connections. There are many wonderful Americans that are Catholic in their faith.
The reason you have no scholarly support for your paranoid claims is because there an't any. Ignorant anti-Catholic "ministers" sell anti-Catholicism, and make money on cheap books to gullible people, they are not scholars. They use the word "prophecy" on the cover (or you tube) like a lure on a fish line.

If you do not have your anchor in the infallible Scriptures, and if you are not thoroughly on the altar with Jesus Christ, you are subject to danger. The Rapture is imminent, but the hour is unknown. The signs everywhere are of the antiChrist and his system of world control. Always remember, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.” (Psalm 91:1-2)​
False Profit: Money, Prejudice, and Bad Theology in Tim LaHaye’s Left Behind Series read more here

Rapture:
"...But in the 1800s, some began to claim that the rapture would occur before the period of persecution. This position, now known as the "pre-tribulational" view, also was embraced by John Nelson Darby, an early leader of a Fundamentalist movement that became known as Dispensationalism. Darby’s pre-tribulational view of the rapture was then picked up by a man named C.I. Scofield, who taught the view in the footnotes of his Scofield Reference Bible, which was widely distributed in England and America. Many Protestants who read the Scofield Reference Bible uncritically accepted what its footnotes said and adopted the pre-tribulational view, even though no Christian had heard of it in the previous 1800 years of Church history.

read more here

sorry_if.jpg

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the road To Rome.

nice thread title. Let's take a look at some who actually made "the road To Rome".

The Scott Hahn Conversion Story
  • SCOTT HAHN

Here following is the transcript of a talk given by Scott Hahn outlining his journey of faith, a journey that took him from being a fervent Presbyterian minister and Professor of Theology at a major Protestant seminary to become a Roman Catholic Theologian and internationally known apologist for the Catholic Church. Through study and prayer Scott Hahn came to realize that the truth of the Catholic Church is firmly rooted in Scripture.

read more here

video format https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyFuaXlYo8Q

Francis Beckwith was president of the Evangelical Theological Society, an association of 4,300 Protestant theologians. Now he has returned to the Church of his baptism.

Read more here:

Ulf was a restless secular teenager. He turned his life to Christ from the witness of a friend. Birgitta was born in India to Methodist missionary parents. Ulf and Birgitta met at university, while Ulf was studying for ministry in the Lutheran Church. After they were married they were both active in the Charismatic renewal. From this they founded the Word of Life Bible School out of which grew a megachurch. As their ministry grew, they began to encounter Catholics. They began to ask, “What is the essence of the Church?” After living in Israel for three years, the witness of Catholic began a journey for them that would lead them Home to the Catholic Church.
read more here (accompanying video)

Pastor and Flock Convert to Catholicism
When Pentecostal minister Alex Jones came into the Church this past Easter he was not alone. He brought much of his congregation in with him. read more here