The Royal Wedding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Haven't seen a Commonwealth topic in a while, and haven't seen a Royal Wedding topic. Did anyone watch the Royal Wedding?

Were any of you at Windsor on the day? I'm guessing not, but maybe there might be a surprise response. But has anyone ever been to Windsor castle?

What did you think of the preacher's sermon?

Was Jesus involved?

The Cello player is worth a mention too haha, that young man was brilliant

Anyway Congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

I will add the Royal family to my prayers too.

Dear Lord Jesus guide the whole Royal family, liven them up and flood them with your Spirit and give them wisdom, In Jesus Name, Amen. :D

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haven't seen a Commonwealth topic in a while, and haven't seen a Royal Wedding topic. Did anyone watch the Royal Wedding?

Were any of you at Windsor on the day? I'm guessing not, but maybe there might be a surprise response. But has anyone ever been to Windsor castle?

Was Jesus involved?

The Cello player is worth a mention too haha, that young man was brilliant

Anyway Congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

I will add the Royal family to my prayers too.

Dear Lord Jesus guide the whole Royal family, liven them up and flood them with your Spirit and give them wisdom, In Jesus Name, Amen. :D
Sorta sad to see Prince Harry getting involved in an adulterous marriage, as Meghan Markles husband Trevor Engleson lives.

Romans 7:1-3KJV
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

FOXNEWS

Published May 19, 2018
Meghan Markle's ex-husband reportedly skips the country ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorta sad to see Prince Harry getting involved in an adulterous marriage, as Meghan Markles husband Trevor Engleson lives.

1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

FOXNEWS

Published May 19, 2018
Meghan Markle's ex-husband reportedly skips the country ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry

Well at least he is getting further and further from the throne.
He'll never have to be king.

I just wonder what the Queen thinks of it all.
I think she has lived a very honourable life.
I would ever have wanted her job...the crown fell into her lap sideways from Edwards abdication. She didn't grow up being prepared or schooled to be queen.
At least she had a childhood, uncluttered.

I respect her.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Great sermon.
Everybody there needed to hear that sermon.
(Specially the bunch of weirdos I saw at the church service.)

For me it was the high point of watching the wedding ceremony.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I have some idea about what she thinks.
Or what about Philip?
He might have a funny saying about it as he usually does.

I hope the marriage works out.
Seems to be a disfunctional family if you really look at it.
Lizzy's sister divorced and turned into an alcoholic.
All the hassle with Diana and Charles....
Three of Lizzy's children divorced.
A few crazy grandchildren at large, etc.
I do like the queen and her husband.
I like Harry, I hope it works out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might be true.
But on the other hand you don't know the reasons why they were divorced.
God's word doesn't ask why, only if the husband is living.

Pretty unpopular to tell the truth, the time has come when wrong is right.

Proverbs 14:25KJV
A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

Ephesians 4:25KJV
Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I know. But it's not as simple as you think it is.
And, of course, if they are non christians it makes no difference anyways.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those who have experienced the pain of divorce need to hear that divorce is never presented in the Christian Scriptures as an unforgivable sin.

It is a sin like all other sins, because it falls short of God’s loving desire and plan for us.

But God forgives sin.

Many have known the grace of God in the midst and aftermath of divorce. It has helped them to recover from a failed marriage and establish an enduring Christ-centered marriage.

In God there is always hope, always the promise of redemption, always the strength to face all life’s challenges.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well at least he is getting further and further from the throne.
He'll never have to be king.

I think she has lived a very honourable life.
I would ever have wanted her job...the crown fell into her lap sideways from Edwards abdication. She didn't grow up being prepared or schooled to be queen.
At least she had a childhood, uncluttered.

I respect her.
I Agree 100% with your observation, two thumbs up for Queen Elizabeth.

The Monarchy is in Shambles.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who have experienced the pain of divorce need to hear that divorce is never presented in the Christian Scriptures as an unforgivable sin.

It is a sin like all other sins, because it falls short of God’s loving desire and plan for us.

But God forgives sin.

Many have known the grace of God in the midst and aftermath of divorce. It has helped them to recover from a failed marriage and establish an enduring Christ-centered marriage.

In God there is always hope, always the promise of redemption, always the strength to face all life’s challenges.
There is no thing as a "Christ Centered Marriage", Meghan Markle's husband (Trevor Engelson) is living, Prince Harry And Meghan Engleson Are In Adultery, God's Word Is True.

God's Word Does Not Look To Human Reason Or Emotion As You Suggest.

We are in the final hours, 60 million unborn killed annually in the world (Abortion), Men Marry Men Accepted And Supported By World Governments, Open Your Eyes?

Syria, Russia, And Iran are at Israels border, 90 miles from Jerusalem, Israel has Just bombed Iran Inside Syrian border, several killed, Russian S-300 Missiles staged at the Israeli border?

Jerusalem will be surrounded by armies soon I believe, and the man of peace AKA "Antichrist" will take his place in Jerusalem.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, if a woman is in an abusive marriage,
gets beat up by her husband very often without an end in sight, she should stay with him. Getting beat up till death does them part.
Great idea.
Ok, I got it. That's God's will according to you.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Truth7t7

As Triumph said we don't know the reason for Meghan's divorce in the old marriage.

@Triumph1300 The sermon was Spirit filled even though the preacher was a liberal one, God still turned up, and you should have seen Elton John's face, it looked like a skull and crossbones, it looked like he wanted to hide under his seat when Michael was preaching. Haha the Holy Spirit took over.

There were some other strange reactions too lol, but it has gone global the last few days that sermon.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7

As Triumph said we don't know the reason for Meghan's divorce in the old marriage.

@Triumph1300 The sermon was Spirit filled even though the preacher was a liberal one, God still turned up, and you should have seen Elton John's face, it looked like a skull and crossbones, it looked like he wanted to hide under his seat when Michael was preaching. Haha the Holy Spirit took over.

There were some other strange reactions too lol, but it has gone global the last few days that sermon.
It's my biblical understanding that God does not partake in actions against his word's.

I don't believe the Liberal speaker Michael, Homosexual Elton John, or the Adulterous Occasion Promoted God's Presence.

Luke 16:18KJV
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Matthew 19:3-8KJV
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

I did watch the wedding, there was one moment where I thought the choir may suddenly have ' sister act ' moment - I was kind of hoping they would suddenly start dancing ect ( my sense of humour )
I do love it when Gods people decide where God can and cannot be - ' oh no he wouldn't be their because there were sinners involved ' doesn't the bible tell us that Jesus came to those who need him, and equally that all of us fall short - we are all sinners.
That sermon was good, and who knows what seeds it planted.

The residents at the care home where I work had the wedding on in the cinema room, none of them wanted dinner, none of them called for any assistance, they all just wanted to watch every moment - they loved it. So for these elderly men and women , for that time frame they were completely content- respite.
I live in Sussex , so Harry and Megan are now duke and duchess of the county - not sure that means that much, although I guess it does mean we may have more Royal involvement and visits.
I am not a big royalist, but I did like Diana and I do like William and Harry, think they have made more bridges with the ordinary person on the street - and behind the scenes they do get their hands dirty and really get involved physically with helping the charities they support.
I do admire the Queen - think she is very loyal to the promises she made when she became the queen , just cannot stand all the pomp that goes with it all .
Anyone been watching ' The Crown ' on Netflix - it's brilliant -
Butterfly

Reactions: Josho and Helen