The Scarlet Thread Throughtout the Bible, The Blood Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For those who doubt that Jesus Blood Covenant is secure, that your salvation is secure and safe, then you should listen to this audio.

>>> Let me just add that if you are not interested in listening to the 48 min. Audio Teaching, then don't bother commenting. I am actually just sharing the audio, it's a good teaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick1966

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'big picture' ONLY comes from study in God's Word line upon line, chapter by chapter, with GOD's Help. Sorry, using the idea of a blood-covenant is not how to understand Why Jesus had to be born of woman and die on the cross. Hebrews 2 tells us why, not this guy.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Biblical 'scarlet thread' is about the red thread they tied around Zarah's hand when he stuck it out of Tamar's womb at birth. It was to mark the firstborn. Pharez, his twin brother, jerked Zarah's hand back into the womb and Pharez instead came out first. Thus the Davidic king line would be born through Pharez, but Zarah can represent a king line too, because he also was Judah's son.

There is a place in Spain that was named after the sons of Zarah, showing a branch of them must have migrated to ancient Spain. It is called Zaragossa and means 'fortress or stronghold of Zarah'. Apostle Paul said he planned to visit the brethren in Spain, but it's not written if he ever did. But that does suggest there was a branch of brethren in ancient Spain. The Scots claim from Spain via the Milesians was how the early Irish and Scottish kings were derived. Might this have had some connection in Spain with the sons of Zarah. I think it very probable.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Biblical 'scarlet thread' is about the red thread they tied around Zarah's hand when he stuck it out of Tamar's womb at birth. It was to mark the firstborn. Pharez, his twin brother, jerked Zarah's hand back into the womb and Pharez instead came out first. Thus the Davidic king line would be born through Pharez, but Zarah can represent a king line too, because he also was Judah's son.

There is a place in Spain that was named after the sons of Zarah, showing a branch of them must have migrated to ancient Spain. It is called Zaragossa and means 'fortress or stronghold of Zarah'. Apostle Paul said he planned to visit the brethren in Spain, but it's not written if he ever did. But that does suggest there was a branch of brethren in ancient Spain. The Scots claim from Spain via the Milesians was how the early Irish and Scottish kings were derived. Might this have had some connection in Spain with the sons of Zarah. I think it very probable.
I quoted the Pastor when I used the phrase, "scarlet thread". He used it figurarively to point to the blood covenants in the OT that lead to Christ's sacrifice. It flows through like a thread that is part of a fabric. Blood is red.
This teaching has nothing to do with the Zarah and Pharez story.
Everything is tied to Jesus Blood Covenant from the beginning. You need to listen to the audio.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The 'big picture' ONLY comes from study in God's Word line upon line, chapter by chapter, with GOD's Help. Sorry, using the idea of a blood-covenant is not how to understand Why Jesus had to be born of woman and die on the cross. Hebrews 2 tells us why, not this guy.

God always deals with sin, using shed blood.

Take a look at "Cain and Abel".
Take a look as the Cross of Christ.

SHED BLOOD for the remission of sin.

No shed blood no forgiveness.

This is because "life is in the blood". and "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness, pardon, & redemption".

In the OT< the blood of animals was a "shadow", of what was to come, as the blood of animals cannot purge your sin, forever.

So, Christ came to offer His Sinless Blood, as the "one time eternal sacrifice for SIN", and He dealt with it all, on the Cross, as proven by His Resurrection.
How do you know he took care of our sin?
Because after He said..."IT IS FINISHED"....= (there goes your sin)>...>He went back to heaven and SAT DOWN.

= Redemption is Completed.

The next time Jesus comes back, wont be to save you from your sin and give you eternal life.
He's already "FINISHED" your Salvation, on the Cross.....reader.

Reactions: Wrangler

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
For those who doubt that Jesus Blood Covenant is secure, that your salvation is secure and safe, then you should listen to this audio.
22And almost all things are purified with blood according to the Law, and apart from blood-shedding there is no forgiveness huh Ronald
“under the law”

30He said to Jacob, “Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am famished.” (That is why he was also called Edom.f)
guy got his name changed bc he ate a bowl of “red stew?” Lol is anyone figuring this out yet?
13So it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”e

you should run, run like the wind from CJohnson and anyone else under the law, imo

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God always deals with sin, using shed blood
under the law anyway, yes

Take a look at "Cain and Abel".
3So in the course of time, Cain brought some of the fruit of the soil as an offering to the LORD (fields)
27When the boys grew up, Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the field…
So, Christ came to offer His Sinless Blood, as the "one time eternal sacrifice for SIN"
No son of man may die for another’s sins
sorry, the links are no longer importing
guess it gets in the way of the ads lol
This is because "life is in the blood". and "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness, pardon, & redemption".

In the OT
notice how whenever a “believer” Quotes you that v they leave out the “under the law” part?
“in the OT” indeed, see

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
22And almost all things are purified with blood according to the Law, and apart from blood-shedding there is no forgiveness huh Ronald
“under the law”

30He said to Jacob, “Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am famished.” (That is why he was also called Edom.f)
guy got his name changed bc he ate a bowl of “red stew?” Lol is anyone figuring this out yet?
13So it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”e

you should run, run like the wind from CJohnson and anyone else under the law, imo
Christ blood covenant was a fulfillment of the Law. Craig isn't teaching legalism. He is just teaching how this blood covenant was foundational throughout scripture. Did you listen to the 48 min. audio?
I am only interested in sharing something that I believe really seals the doctrine of OSAS.
I am not interested in off the cough comments from people that don't take the time to listen, assume they know what the teaching is about and then give me advice as to what direction I should run. I don't attend his chuch, I just thought it was an excellent teaching.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Christ blood covenant was a fulfillment of the Law. Craig isn't teaching legalism. He is just teaching how this blood covenant was foundational throughout scripture. Did you listen to the 48 min. audio?
I am only interested in sharing something that I believe really seals the doctrine of OSAS.
I am not interested in off the cough comments from people that don't take the time to listen, assume they know what the teaching is about and then give me advice as to what direction I should run. I don't attend his chuch, I just thought it was an excellent teaching.
so go with that then, and i wish you the best of luck ok
Oh daughters of Jerusalem, do not find love until you are ready

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted the Pastor when I used the phrase, "scarlet thread". He used it figurarively to point to the blood covenants in the OT that lead to Christ's sacrifice. It flows through like a thread thatvis part of a fabric.
This teaching has nothing to do with the Zarah and Pharez story.
Everything is tied to Jesus Blood Covenant from the beginning. You need to listen to the audio.
Oh, I well noticed how he used that 'scarlet thread' idea FROM GOD'S WORD to apply to his own idea of blood covenants. That is not how God's Word uses that "scarlet thread", which is why I showed the difference.

For those interested you can read about the Biblical usage of the "scarlet thread" in Genesis 38 and in Joshua 2. The Genesis 38 example with Tamar is the one I was referring to.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so go with that then, and i wish you the best of luck ok
Oh daughters of Jerusalem, do not find love until you are ready
I was just thinking to delete the thread since there is not much interest. I'll give it a week and then poof it's gone. Not many have the time to listen - I understand.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I was just thinking to delete the thread since there is not much interest. I'll give it a week and then poof it's gone. Not many have the time to listen - I understand.
well, to that i would say that many new believers might find it useful, for where they are at right now
and it will bury itself until someone is interested i guess :)
meanwhile, you might go find out why you cannot Quote "Jesus died for your sins" nor "God requires a sacrifice for your sins" one single time

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, to that i would say that many new believers might find it useful, for where they are at right now
and it will bury itself until someone is interested i guess :)
meanwhile, you might go find out why you cannot Quote "Jesus died for your sins" nor "God requires a sacrifice for your sins" one single time
I can and have numerous times. But do YOU mean that after 33k posts you never quoted one single time that Jesus died for your sins or that God required a blood sacrifice for them?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
give it your best shot
The main thrust of the Bible message is that God sent a Savior to die for our sins
. It was His blood sacrifice that was required by the LAW. He fulfilled the Law for us. The Gospel summed up in one sentence is: Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day.

Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. Acts 20:28

and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. Col. 1:20

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.
Eph. 1:7

how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Heb. 9:14

And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. Hev. 9:22

Therefore, brethren, having boldness[a] to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb. 10:19

Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. Heb. 13:12

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.
Luke 22:20

For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Matt. 26:28

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What then is your Christianity based on bro?
Christianity to me means Esau now, and i am like almost done wrestling with Yah, so all i can really say to that is that No son of man may die for another’s sins has not been repealed, and while Christ died for our sins, this is not meant in the way you are surely reading it.

Everything—every single thing, that we are taught in “church” about the Bible is warped in some respect, and as you have eaten the red stew, most of what i might say would be meaningless to you right now. But if you seek, you will find. Assume you know nothing, and the answers will come. Well they will be in the form of questions prolly, but whatevs

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The main thrust of the Bible message is that God sent a Savior to die for our sins
so you say, yes

It was His blood sacrifice that was required by the LAW
seek to be freed from the law, which is no longer in effect, and was instituted to fail on purpose
He fulfilled the Law for us
and yet you are still under it, see?
And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. Hev. 9:22
ACCORDING TO THE LAW
AND ESAU HAD HE HATED

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
. It was His blood sacrifice that was required by the LAW. He fulfilled the Law for us. The Gospel summed up in one sentence is: Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day.

Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. Acts 20:28

and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. Col. 1:20

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.
Eph. 1:7

how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Heb. 9:14

Therefore, brethren, having boldness[a] to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb. 10:19

Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. Heb. 13:12

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.
Luke 22:20

For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Matt. 26:28
and not a single “because Yah requires blood” anywhere to be found, see?
Yah hates your desire for blood, ok