The Scarlet Thread Throughtout the Bible, The Blood Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yup, that's very transparent that no two people can agree to what the gospel is, we have Calvinists here, Armenians, and over 2000 different denominations, and each argue they have the "raait" one, and talk about name calling, imprecatory insults, defamation of character, and you have Nostradamus looking in his magical cauldron, a real "stew" yes?
ah well Nostradamus, “Christian” eschatologists, and any other fortune tellers i pretty much dismiss
but it seems to me that “Good News” is not so hard to comprehend?
Christ died for our sins, and “Furthermore God judges no one”
i mean what could be better than that?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i dont have any problem with any of these, i maybe just perceive them a bit differently, less literally maybe
The Old Man was raised a body (literally), the New Man is raised a spirit (allegory), so that might be a call to change ones mind as to how they interpret?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
At “The virgin will be with child” i am suspecting that Athena is the virgin, as an in depth study of “Mary” kind of points to, and i guess i could mostly fill this page with the hundred other little pieces that seem to fit that puzzle, including the resurrection of “Lazarus.”
i suggest this more as a perspective, a way to inquire into wisdom, than a belief, fwiw;
the contemporaries almost surely would have heard “athena” when they heard “virgin”
now, might some virgin Mary have literally birthed a child called Joshua/Jesus?
Sure, why not? And if im talking to a seven year old, that is likely what i would say, even

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
me? whether to ski at Highlands or Snowmass today :D
but you had something you wished to prove, if i recall
Nothing to "prove" just following you and your remarks to Ron.
How is the virgin birth an allegory? Or did I miss you on that one too?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and maybe i should reiterate that Ron’s god punishing untold billions in “hel” for all “eternity?”
Assume - means to make and ass out of u and me ... mostly u.
Adding false claims again ... misinterpreting and distorting ...par for the course!
I wrote a book on addressing that very topic: "Hell ... If I Know". "Eternal Hell", (a traditional doctrine), has always bothered me. It doesn't make sense to me. So I studied all I could about it and devoted two chapters on the nature of Hell.
Not that I am right or wrong about it, I do not believe in an eternal Hell.
Btw, IMHO He will not punish them, He will just destroy them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How is the virgin birth an allegory?
well, contemporaries would have automatically thought of Athena (goddess of wisdom, btw) when they heard “virgin,” and being as how Xtians are (virtually) all cult of sol anyway, got Jesus moving around like Apollos, etc, “the virgin will be with child,” or iow a new spiritual concept

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Assume - means to make and ass out of u and me ... mostly u.
Adding false claims again ... misinterpreting and distorting ...par for the course!
I wrote a book on addressing that very topic: "Hell ... If I Know". "Eternal Hell", (a traditional doctrine), has always bothered me. It doesn't make sense to me. So I studied all I could about it and devoted two chapters on the nature of Hell.
Not that I am right or wrong about it, I do not believe in an eternal Hell.
Btw, IMHO He will not punish them, He will just destroy them.
ah then my sincere apologies, i thought you recently posted “billions in eternal hell.”
The coming judgment of billions thrown into the Lake of Fire is not what anyone would call an act of love.
word

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
well, contemporaries would have automatically thought of Athena (goddess of wisdom, btw) when they heard “virgin,” and being as how Xtians are (virtually) all cult of sol anyway, got Jesus moving around like Apollos, etc, “the virgin will be with child,” or iow a new spiritual concept
I want to hear your personal belief on Mary with child, Ha-Almah.

Therefore Hashem Himself shall give you an ot (sign); Hinei, HaAlmah (the unmarried young virgin) shall conceive, and bear Ben, and shall call Shmo Immanu El (G-d is with us)

Forget about religions, what do YOU believe on the virgin birth, and we can take it from there, Ha-Almah...Definite Article.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah then my sincere apologies, i thought you recently posted “billions in eternal hell.”

word
Billions will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire ( which is more of an event - see 2 Peter 3:10), but not eternally, quickly! Hades and Death will be thrown in there as well. You can't burn something forever. There is no such state as an indestructible destruction or an imperishable perishing. "Anionios" means ages, lifetimes, generations, epoch. Everlasting therefore means age-lasting or age-during when applied to the temporal realm. When applied to God or His domain, it means eternal. So that word has variable meanings.
After this, scripture says, "All former things have passed away". There will be a time when death does not exist, it will come to an end, no more pain or sufferwing anywhere.
The scene where Gollum falls into the lake of fire in the movie, Lord of the Rings, is imagery as close to what will happen - burned up in seconds.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I want to hear your personal belief on Mary with child, Ha-Almah.

Therefore Hashem Himself shall give you an ot (sign); Hinei, HaAlmah (the unmarried young virgin) shall conceive, and bear Ben, and shall call Shmo Immanu El (G-d is with us)

Forget about religions, what do YOU believe on the virgin birth, and we can take it from there, Ha-Almah...Definite Article.
well to that i would say that of course i dont know, but i have seen that there is often a “cover story” if you will, the Hebrews Wandering for forty years, etc, the supposed ethnic cleansings OT, the Walls of Jericho, Esau trading his “inheritance” for a bowl of “red stew,” that let’s say tend to yield more wisdom when taken as allegory.

Now, did Mary start with a grain of literal truth? Tbh, at some point i would ask why that is necessary, and i am more or less suspicious of the need for it to be

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Billions will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire ( which is more of an event - see 2 Peter 3:10), but not eternally, quickly! Hades and Death will be thrown in there as well. You can't burn something forever. There is no such state as an indestructible destruction or an imperishable perishing. "Anionios" means age-lasting or age-during when applied to the temporal realm. When applied to God or His domain, it means eternal. So that word has variable meanings.
After this, scripture says, "All former things have passed away". There will be a time when death does not exist, it will come to an end, no more pain or sufferwing anywhere.
The scene where Gollum falls into the lake of fire in the movie, Lord of the Rings, is imagery as close to what will happen - burned up in seconds.
ok ty Ron

notice how sure you are of all that? Posting it as if it were a fact, and truth? This speaks volumes to me wadr

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Now, did Mary start with a grain of literal truth? Tbh, at some point i would ask why that is necessary, and i am more or less suspicious of the need for it to be
I think this would be necessary, the virgin birth of our Lord Christ Jesus, seems like you are in denial of this, yes?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok ty Ron

notice how sure you are of all that? Posting it as if it were a fact, and truth? This speaks volumes to me wadr
I am sure about lots of things. Most importantly who Jesus is;
He is God
He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
That says it all. Do you know what that means? He is the only way to salvation. He is truth, not just meaning that He brought the truth and knows the truth - HE iS THE TRUTH. That means He is God.
HE IS THE LIFE. All life comes from Him, physical and spiritual.
HE IS THE CREATOR. (Col. 1:16-17; John 2:1-14)
He is the Alpha And Omega.
He is the Vine
He is the Bread of Life.
He is the Good Shepherd.
He is the Door.
He is the Resurrection
He has ALL AUTHORITY in heaven and on earth which requires omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence.
He baptizes with the Holy Spirit, Who is God and lives in me.
Jesus said you must be "born again" to see the Kingdom of Heaven to know, to believe and receive eternal life.
I'm sure of all that!
As far as the nature of Hell, a mysterious place/event, I am comfortable with my view; I have wrestled with it for a long time and found peace.
Nevertheless, since I have been sealed by the Holy Spirit. I have a Blood Covenant with Jesus that is irrevocable; so the end won't affect me either way.
If you don't get washed by His blood, then you'll have to take a dip in the Lake!

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
i suggest this more as a perspective, a way to inquire into wisdom, than a belief, fwiw;
the contemporaries almost surely would have heard “athena” when they heard “virgin”
now, might some virgin Mary have literally birthed a child called Joshua/Jesus?
Sure, why not? And if im talking to a seven year old, that is likely what i would say, even
Yes, definitely how a Hebrew Israelite would argue.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think this would be necessary, the virgin birth of our Lord Christ Jesus, seems like you are in denial of this, yes?
im completely ok with that, if you need a literal story to hang your faith on, Johann. But i suggest that understanding what Jesus represents is actually more important, and leads to more wisdom. I wish i could say that i knew believers who held firmly to that as a “fact” that also understood that there is no “Jesus, Returning” in the Bible, but imho all i seem to find is ppl continually rehashing the elementary things.

If Joshua of Nazareth literally lived and that is a recorded history, that will not change by trying on a new perception, now will it? One can always return to that perspective if they like, any time they like. And what i can say is that Christ has become much more real, and more immediate to me as Spirit from this process.

We seem to be directed to be “in Christ,” “Immanuel,” and to me “John Doe, from Nowhere” is the best way to do that, although i admit that it was not an easy pov to accept. So im not in denial of that so much as confident that understanding that in a more spiritual way has led to more wisdom

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am sure about lots of things. Most importantly who Jesus is;
He is God
He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
That says it all. Do you know what that means? He is the only way to salvation. He is truth, not just meaning that He brought the truth and knows the truth - HE iS THE TRUTH. That means He is God.
HE IS THE LIFE. All life comes from Him, physical and spiritual.
HE IS THE CREATOR. (Col. 1:16-17; John 2:1-14)
He is the Alpha And Omega.
He is the Vine
He is the Bread of Life.
He is the Good Shepherd.
He is the Door.
He is the Resurrection
He has ALL AUTHORITY in heaven and on earth which requires omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence.
He baptizes with the Holy Spirit, Who is God and lives in me.
Jesus said you must be "born again" to see the Kingdom of Heaven to know, to believe and receive eternal life.
I'm sure of all that!
As far as the nature of Hell, a mysterious place/event, I am comfortable with my view; I have wrestled with it for a long time and found peace.
Nevertheless, since I have been sealed by the Holy Spirit. I have a Blood Covenant with Jesus that is irrevocable; so the end won't affect me either way.
If you don't get washed by His blood, then you'll have to take a dip in the Lake!
so as i have said before, if Death More Abundantly is your desire, i wish you the best of luck Ron
only Gehenna is right here on earth, see, and i have seen ppl tossed into it