The Scriptures are God's Greatest Gift to Mankind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@justbyfaith
I must be honest. I am quite proud of the fact that in this instance, when you did not use Scripture as it was intended, you, even in a roundabout way, did not deny the fact you did so.

That right there tells me you've grown by leaps and bounds. :)

@mjrhealth ?

Your relentless attack on Scripture? False testimony about what it says (adding to it) and misusing it?

Well, not so much.
Not scriputer just mens idol. If the bible is Gods greatest gift to mankind than what does that make Jesus. and the Holy Spirit...

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Reactions: John Caldwell

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What opposing passages?

Clearly, your only option, in denying my pov, is to deny the veracity of the kjv and a few other versions; for in them it is clearly written,

Psa 138:2, I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

He tagged you, and you were it. He did not leave you out of the conversation. Gossip is talking about someone behind their back. He did not do that.

Tagging someone does not justify gossip. @Preacher4Truth, you did not engage. You gossip.

What I posted is a verse. Look it up. Do you believe Christ is superior to everything or not?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
False testimony about what it says (adding to it) and misusing it?
Yes the forum is filled with bible bashers misusing scripture, misquoting things and saying "God said it", making Him a liar, a hypocrit and a deceiver, but thats OK teh bible is greater than even God himself according to man.

Reactions: John Caldwell

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It doesn't say that the scriptures have no life in them.
So it dosent say what Is says, so now whose twisting Scripture,,, it reads what is reads, our life is in Christ Seems you havnt discovered that yet. Still searching for Him who stands knocking at your door, will HE remain there while you read your love story, and ignoring your husband leaving Him in the cold, does that not show your heart, when He is less than that bible. Where is your heart.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not scriputer just mens idol.

Scriputer? I believe the word of God, it is the revelation of who he is, our condition, the way to eternal life. Without it, we would know none of these things. That doesn't mean it's an idol at all.

But back to what I said, you relentlessly attack Scripture, mitigate it, ridicule and mock it.

If the bible is Gods greatest gift to mankind than what does that make Jesus. and the Holy Spirit...

You're incapable of exercising critical thinking. You'd know nothing of the above outside of Scripture.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

You can't use "Scriputer" it's an idol, remember? That and you're only misusing it to try and accuse others.

Try on some "Ohmmmm...ohmmmm...ohmmmmm..." instead?

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it dosent say what Is says, so now whose twisting Scripture,,, it reads what is reads, our life is in Christ Seems you havnt discovered that yet. Still searching for Him who stands knocking at your door, will HE remain there while you read your love story, and ignoring your husband leaving Him in the cold, does that not show your heart, when He is less than that bible. Where is your heart.
The reason why He has magnified His word above all His name is because we cannot know of Him apart from the divine revelation of holy scripture.

You keep questioning my relationship with Christ, I would admonish you to read and heed what it says in Luke 6:37.

He does not stand knocking at my door, He is resting comfortably in the living room of my home; and He also has access to every room in the house.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the forum is filled with bible bashers misusing scripture, misquoting things and saying "God said it", making Him a liar, a hypocrit and a deceiver,

Wait, that is exactly what you did when you said
"even Christ said the scriptures have no life in them."

That emboldened your attack on Scripture, you think even Christ did himself. Talk about self-deception.

but thats OK teh bible is greater than even God himself according to man.

No one said that.

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tagging someone does not justify gossip. @Preacher4Truth, you did not engage. You gossip.

I think that you have failed to remember that the devil is the accuser of the brethren; and that in accusing @Preacher4Truth of gossip you are taking on the devil's nature/doing his bidding.

You almost gossiped yourself right there, according to your own definition!

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that you have failed to remember that the devil is the accuser of the brethren; and that in accusing @Preacher4Truth of gossip you are taking on the devil's nature/doing his bidding.

You almost gossiped yourself right there, according to your own definition!

Funny thing about him is he has gossiped about me on another site quite a bit and I'm not a member there. :D:);)

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is a major part of the penitent's prayer (in Psalms 51) to say:

Psa 51:3, For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Confessing that you are a sinner (at salvation) is to confess your past, present, and future sins.

Recognizing the reality of indwelling sin as something that you cannot repent of, nor eradicate from your system; while you can repent of specific things that you do that are sins: but understanding that you are beset by a nature of sin and that therefore even repenting of specific sins may not necessarily immediately result in victory.
Many will not repent of past sins, because they’re ‘under the blood’. never understood this

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scriputer? I believe the word of God, it is the revelation of who he is, our condition, the way to eternal life. Without it, we would know none of these things. That doesn't mean it's an idol at all.

But back to what I said, you relentlessly attack Scripture, mitigate it, ridicule and mock it.

You're incapable of exercising critical thinking. You'd know nothing of the above outside of Scripture.

You can't use "Scriputer" it's an idol, remember? That and you're only misusing it to try and accuse others.

Try on some "Ohmmmm...ohmmmm...ohmmmmm..." instead?
No it is not God is Spirit revelation come from God, you know this bit.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

but to many smart people in this world dont need God

Luk_10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Teh turth is in JEsus Christ if any where willing to seek after Him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The reason why He has magnified His word above all His name is because we cannot know of Him apart from the divine revelation of holy scripture.
You cant that is your Choice.

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

or as Paul put it before teh bible came to be

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

You think because you have the bible you have everything but you have nothing, Christ is everything, and it was not the h"bible" He magnified now was it...

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny thing about him is he has gossiped about me on another site quite a bit and I'm not a member there. :D:);)
This is not true. I do not know you.

I knew of a Preacher4Truth on the Baptist Board, but he and I got along. I left and when I came back he had been banned.

I know of no other people who used that name. You are confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.