The Scriptures are God's Greatest Gift to Mankind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is the greatest gift to mankind, because God has designed it to be used by the Spirit to save the elect who are scattered worldwide.
We do not know who the elect are,so we preach and teach all we are able to reach.
All who are Christian today,were at one point children of wrath even as others Eph.2 :1-3, But GOD who is rich in mercy intervenes.
The word of God is the instrument used by the Spirit. Heb4:12

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is the greatest gift to mankind, because God has designed it to be used by the Spirit to save the elect who are scattered worldwide.
We do not know who the elect are,so we preach and teach all we are able to reach.
All who are Christian today,were at one point children of wrath even as others Eph.2 :1-3, But GOD who is rich in mercy intervenes.
God did not give us a dead Son. He gave us a living Jesus... who lay down his life for us. That was the greatest gift, the Son and his self-sacrifice. A Bible cannot lay down its life for us because until it is quickened in a man by the Holy Spirit, it has no Life!

"[God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

The Spirit of God in us gives us Life as we eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

I really don't think Jesus was talking about the type or shadow of a sip of the juice of the grape or the bread from barley or wheat.

The Word became flesh and that is the flesh we have to eat. The "blood" was not the red blood shed on Calvary but the "blood" of the Body of Christ poured out as promised by Joel, which we see first in Acts chapter 2:The Holy Spirit!

Reactions: Helen and Agios

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not give us a dead Son. He gave us a living Jesus... who lay down his life for us. That was the greatest gift, the Son and his self-sacrifice. A Bible cannot lay down its life for us because until it is quickened in a man by the Holy Spirit, it has no Life!

"[God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

The Spirit of God in us gives us Life as we eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

I really don't think Jesus was talking about the type or shadow of a sip of the juice of the grape or the bread from barley or wheat.

The Word became flesh and that is the flesh we have to eat. The "blood" was not the red blood shed on Calvary but the "blood" of the Body of Christ poured out as promised by Joel, which we see first in Acts chapter 2:The Holy Spirit!
How did you learn of anything you just posted?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This again...
Christ is God's greatest gift to mankind.
And a person truly comes to know Him through the gift for the Holy Spirit.
Scripture is super super important, but God Himself comes first.

To try to put scripture above HIm... that's like saying the donkey that carried Christ into town is most important gift to mankind. It's just not right. Scripture is a delivery vessel, not the almighty Son of God.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you learn of anything you just posted?
When I first started to serve God for real in 1976 I was an avid Bible student. I memorized and studied continuously for years. My flesh, my mind, my intellect, my will! Then with all of that dead knowledge in me, I back slid for 10 long years. God drew me back to Him in 2002. I still read my Bible, but I surrender to the Holy Spirit continuously allowing myself to be led and taught... Without the Holy Spirit, the contents of the Bible are dead!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This again...
Christ is God's greatest gift to mankind.
And a person truly comes to know Him through the gift for the Holy Spirit.
Scripture is super super important, but God Himself comes first.

To try to put scripture above HIm... that's like saying the donkey that carried Christ into town is most important gift to mankind. It's just not right. Scripture is a delivery vessel, not the almighty Son of God.
The op doesn't say scripture s above, or greater than God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 138:2, I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

It will come down to the argument for some that we are using circular reasoning.

Whatever side you take will indicate whether you are born again or not.

It should be clear that the one who is born again, was born again because of the holy scriptures (see 1 Peter 1:23). So if you were born again because of the holy scriptures, you will give them the same reverence as is given to them by the above verse (Psalms 138:2); for you owe your very eternal and spiritual life to them.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is greatest above all.
That includes scripture.
How do you know there is God?
What is He like?
Has He revealed Himself?
Did man come from evolution?
Does man have a problem with God?
Who determines what is lawful, or unlawful?
Is there a judgment?
What do you know about anything apart from scripture?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 138:2, I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

It will come down to the argument for some that we are using circular reasoning.

Whatever side you take will indicate whether you are born again or not.

It should be clear that the one who is born again, was born again because of the holy scriptures (see 1 Peter 1:23). So if you were born again because of the holy scriptures, you will give them the same reverence as is given to them by the above verse (Psalms 138:2); for you owe your very eternal and spiritual life to them.
Everything we know about life,truth,good evil, salvation, redemption, The Lord Jesus Christ,The Father, The Spirit, is only truly known by the Spirit quickening the scriptures to new hearts.
Outside of scriptures we are religious heathen as described in Roman's 1.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know there is God?
What is He like?
Has He revealed Himself?
Did man come from evolution?
Does man have a problem with God?
Who determines what is lawful, or unlawful?
Is there a judgment?
What do you know about anything apart from scripture?
I'm sorry, but this strikes me very akin to praising the donkey that carried Christ into town and calling that the greatest gift.
No, He is the greatest gift. Not the delivery method.

This isn't downplaying the fact that scripture is super important. But God is the most important.

Reactions: Helen

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but this strikes me very akin to praising the donkey that carried Christ into town and calling that the greatest gift.
No, He is the greatest gift. Not the delivery method.

This isn't downplaying the fact that scripture is super important. But God is the most important.
Who is Christ? What donkey?
Who is God? Where did you get these concepts?
You are not answering the questions I am asking you.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is Christ? What donkey?
Who is God? Where did you get these concepts?
You are not answering the questions I am asking you.
Your questions are rhetorical.
God testifies of Truth. All Truth placed there is from God. Not the lump of paper- that’s the delivery vessel, not The Almighty God.

Reactions: Helen

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your questions are rhetorical.
God testifies of Truth. All Truth placed there is from God. Not the lump of paper- that’s the delivery vessel, not The Almighty God.
Answer the questions as asked.
They are not rhetorical, but actual.
You cannot accurately answer any of them without scripture.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Anthony D'Arienzo,

Answer the questions as asked.
They are not rhetorical, but actual.
You cannot accurately answer any of them without scripture.
Truth, what is it? Who defines it?
Answer the questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.