The Scriptures

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that anything you don't know you cannot live. You can't walk it, talk it, express it, if it's not made known to you you can't live it. Until you know there is another person in you you cannot live it, because you don't know it. You will have your good days where your a good person, and days you probably will even be a good Christian. But until you know Christ is in you you cannot live it. Your not expected to, you can only live what you know and you cannot live what you don't know. When you're bible uses terminology like "the only life you have is Christ," (Galatians 2:20) that is exactly what it means. Another place Paul writes "for me to live is Christ." That is a far cry from trying to be a good Christian, we need understanding.

I have to say a word about your bible; it will be your best friend if you let it. It does not mince words and hem haw around about getting out truth to you. You can read it verbatim as it is written, there is no grey area as some would hope. It is black and white, oil and water, law and grace. How you choose to read your bible will determine how you perceive spiritual matters, including your father. It does not contradict itself as some suppose, quite the opposite, the scriptures always confirm themselves. So turn off the nonsense and the truth quenchers and get your bible fixed in you like it was intended.

You will never understand the deep things of God without the scriptures proper place in your life. You are waisting time and energy trying to climb up some other way, fruitless. If you support those that can't get you past your child level or some other level of understanding then stop and find someone that can. We treat time here as though it is endless. It's very limited and should be used to the best of our ability to do what needs to be done.

The Holyspirit is always working for your understanding of Christ. Bless you.

Reactions: marks

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did you know that anything you don't know you cannot live.
Hi soul man. Some good thoughts in your post. These verses come to mind.
2Ti 1:6

(6) Wherefore I put you in remembrance that you stir up the gift of God, which is in you by the putting on of my hands.

Heb 13:16
(16) But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Reactions: soul man and marks