The Seal of the Holy Spirit and the Seal of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
All the hope in the world...you're saved :)

Do you think that there are any saved in this age whose name is not written in the Lambs Book of Life?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You are making a case that the "fullness of the nations/ gentiles" refer to the "Lost tribe of Israel". This would leave out a whole load of nations who are not Greek or of Jewish ancestry... but what does the bible say? :huh:

Romans 11
1 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.[G1484]

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel "until the fullness of the Gentiles [G1484] has come in."

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

Acts 13
4 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles [G1484]. 47 For so the Lord has commanded us:

‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, [G1484]
That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

48 Now when the Gentiles
[G1484] heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

[G1484] - ethnos Gentiles
Probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), that is, a tribe; specifically a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan): - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Regarding the Greek word Ethnos; in the New Testament the word ETHNOS occurs 164 times, while the word HELLEN is used but 27 times. The Greek word “ETHNOS” means simply “nation,” nothing more - nothing less. It has no pagan, or non-Israel, or even non-Greek connotation. Yet in spite of its original meaning, the translators of the King James Version, 1611, used ETHNOS, as GREEK 93 times; as HEATHEN 5 times; as NATIONS 64 times and as PEOPLE, two times. The word HELLEN, as translated from the Greek is GREEK 20 times, and GENTILE 7 times]

Regarding the fullness of the nations (gentiles); do you disagree with the Young’s translation of Genesis 48:19?

And his father refuseth, and saith, `I have known, my son, I have known; he also becometh a people, and he also is great, and yet, his young brother is greater than he, and his seed is the fulness of the nations;'
(Gen 48:19 YLT)

I don’t and I can only base my conclusions on the word of God, I can speculate all day long but it is meaningless. I’m really not here to argue or ruffle feathers.

You didn’t answer my question; is anyone saved that does not have their name written in the Lambs Book of Life?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do not believe in the "Two House" theology nor do I believe in British Imperialism sorry. :huh: "A multitude of nations" does not imply "all the nations of the earth".

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Angellina if you don't believe in the two houses of Israel what is Eze 37 all about?

Saying, And you, son of man, take one stick to yourself and write on it, For Judah, and for his companions, the sons of Israel. And take another stick and write on it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and all the house of Israel, his companions. And draw them one to one for yourself, into one stick. And they shall become one in your hand. And when the sons of your people shall speak to you, saying, Will you not declare to us what these mean to you? Say to them, So says the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions. And I will put them with him, with the stick of Judah, and I will make them one stick, and they shall be one in My hand. And the sticks shall be in your hand, the ones on which you write before their eyes. And say to them, So says the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations, there where they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and will bring them into their own land. And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel, and one King shall be for a king to all of them. And they shall not be two nations still. And they will not be split into two kingdoms any more.
(Eze 37:16-22 LITV)

I don't believe in British Imperialism either! Just the word of God.

Reactions: Jacob_Rising