The Secret

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(jshiii;63240)
www.thesecret.tvI live by it....I don't think it opposes Christianity 1 bit...if anything it complements our faith?
You have to be kidding me! Here are just a few paragraphs from that web site."Summary of Secret TeachingsMONEY - RELATIONSHIPS - HEALTHMoney is magnetic energy. You are a magnet attracting to you all things, via the signal you are emitting through your thoughts and feelings. Discover how to become a powerful magnet for the creation of personal wealth.Money is magnetic energy. You are a magnet attracting to you all things, via the signal you are emitting through your thoughts and feelings. Discover how to become a powerful magnet for the creation of personal wealth.…Fall in love with money. ...Visualize and imagine yourself spending all the money you want, as though you have it already. Speak, act, and think from the mindset of being wealthy now. Eliminate thoughts and words of lack such as "I can't afford it", "It is too expensive". Do not speak or think of the lack of money for a single second. Be grateful for the money you have. Appreciate it as you touch it. Make lists of all the things you will buy with an abundance of money. Do whatever it takes for you to feel wealthy. "What does Scripture say about the "love of money?"

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK...I think they exaggerate the money part....What I like most is the positive attitude in all things....stay positive in everything and you attract more positive results. If you read the book or watched the video you would understand more that its not really the love of money but its what mean most to you as an individual...for me it would be loving God, loving wife, loving people etc. The more I love the more love I receive.... Not everyone wants to be rich...I dont. Many other examples besides money. I think a lot of peoples concearns are money but, not everyone. I like the main concept of the secret...being positive attracts more positive and I like this in conjunction with perfect love has no fear.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Studies also show that a persons health or sickness has a much more positive outcome when a persons personality stays positive overall....The other side of the coin...people that are very negative or negative during sickness tend to heal slower or not at all.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 more thing about the money....same thing goes...those who focus on the bills coming in the mail every month or their indebtedess tend to go deeper in debt. Stay positivily focused on what money you do have and or making and spend wisely and your debts will dissappear...works for me. I don't dwell on my bills...I rejoice about the income I do have coming in.I can see if a persons heart is not right that "the secret" could be a stumbling block for selfish reasons...like anything in this world..however, God teaches us not to worry about food, clothes or money...in other words..keep your eyes upon Jesus, be positive in everything and you will be rewarded...thank goodness not all at once. I refuse to focus on anything negative in this life, my life through trust in God and his will, not mine, along with my positive focus, is making my christian walk much more abundant every day. When I'm sick, I rejoice...when bills come in I just give thanks(in prayer) for having shelter and food to eat...counter all negative with positive...it's beautiful.The Law of Attraction~

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If you follow God rather than men you should already know where the true secret is In your Father. This mumbo Jumbo, is nothing but a well diguised way to one attention off God and put it on self this is the same lie told in the garden,( Eat and you shall be as God,) Same lie new package..... be very careful what you fall for ...

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Christina....I see how it can border taking your eyes off God onto self. Like I said it could be a stumbling block to some..but for me I discearn, pick n choose, use critical thinking skills and above all measure everything with the word of God....I dont need the secret to tell me that being positive is better than being negative...The word of God teaches positive, the secret is just a secular copycat as you say. But with any information out there, as long as I use the word of God to Judge the information, without substituting, I feel confident. I just think for me, the secret compliments in a secular way, the word of GOD.Yea....my gut does say it could be dangeroous and deceptive, but it does point me more to what I was looking for and needed in my walk with God...I'm blessed, the Holy Spirit says to me, "You dont need secular teaching, I have all you need in my Word which is Life evrlasting and more abundant."

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes, But when you post in it on a Christian website you are reaching people of all levels of faith a babe in the word does not have their discernment established as of yet. So you are leading them away from God and to self. A very dangerous practice to spread the lie of the garden. Just because you say you can discern.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew I would love these Christian forums....I don't claim to be perfect or immune to Satan and his deceptions...these forums allow me to get other perspectives...thanks. Don't know the verse and to lazy to look it up....but Satan looks for those sheep that are alone that he may devour...being a part of this forum and my church here at home offers more protection..
smile.gif

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Christina;63270)
Yes, But when you post in it on a Christian website you are reaching people of all levels of faith a babe in the word does not have their discernment established as of yet. So you are leading them away from God and to self. A very dangerous practice to spread the lie of the garden. Just because you say you can discern.
I agree! Thanks

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Amen brother, let this thread stand as a teaching tool why those not well grounded in Gods Word should be very careful, What sounds good, of men must always be weighed against Gods Word.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
jshiii,When I go to a web site and one of the first things I read is, "Fall in love with money." I don't read any farther. It's like walking up to a sign on a road that says, "Drop Off!" Do you keep going?Money, in and of itself is not bad, it's necessary, but the "love of money," can become idolitry. If the focus of your day is money, your focus is wrong. I am not saying you are wrong, but a total absorbsion with money is wrong. It will get between you and God. The same could be true of a car, or, you name it. Keep your focus on God, not the bills or money, or ---, then you will be able to pay the bills.

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
Speaking Gods promises over your life is far better then just speaking possitive. God said you can have whatever it is you say if you believe what it is you are saying. Because the mouth speaks out that which fills the heart. So, yes, if you are sick and you speak as though you are healed and that you are not sick anymore. Then you will be healed. HOWEVER, if you are sick and you speak as though you are healed and that you are not sick anymore, because you beleive and have faith that Jesus healed you on the cross, then my friend, you are healed. The only difference between the two is who your faith is in. This is one of the ways the devil will deceive many. Satan always takes the beauty that God created and tries to pervert it, twist it and whatever else he can do to get your focus off of Jesus.Possitive thinking may make you a better person to be around, but, it wont get you anywhere with God. There are a lot of good, possitive people on thier way to hell.