The Seven Seals

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Summary... There are 4 general earth ages...

1. Old World - From Adam to Noah - 4300 BC to 2600 BC - 1700 Years
2. Mid Ages - From Noah to Christ - 2600 BC to 0 AD - 2600 Years
3. Church Ages - From Christs births to Christs return - 0 AD to 2060 AD - 200 Years
4. The Millenial Reign - From 2060 AD - 3060 AD

The time of man on earth is then 7,360 years

The Old World age and the church age have the following similarities...
Picture2.png

Picture1.png

The similarities of the above ages is that both Laodicea and Enoch were carried away as in rapturous type methods. And there will be four who will outlive them on this earth. Islam is the third horseman and I believe will be humbled down according to Ezekiel 38

1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer - Revelation 6

White Horse - Democracy - Did fight many wars

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. - Rev 6

Red Horse - Communism - Note the great sword against the red flag

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine. - Rev 6

Black Horse - Islam - Note the desire to rob the world of prosperity

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. - Rev 6

Pale Horseman - The Anti Christ

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

The Pale Horseman will be the one world government led by the anti-Christ himself. He will be worse that the Islamic Black Horse. I believe that we are very close to the rapture between the red and the black horseman.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Rockytopva, your chart does not match the time periods of the Patriarchs, Judges and the kings of all Israel, then Judah, until the known date of the Babylonian conquest.

The first 4000 years of mankind:
[SIZE=medium]Genesis 1:27 Adam was created in[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]3972.5 BCE, 4000 years before 29.5 CE[/SIZE] [The commencement of Jesus’ ministry. Note: 2 years deducted because 1 BCE and 1 CE are counted from their commencement.]
[SIZE=medium]Gen 5:3 Seth +130[/SIZE], Gen 5:6 Enoch [SIZE=medium]+105[/SIZE], Gen 5:9 Kenan [SIZE=medium]+90[/SIZE], Gen 5:12 Mahalalel [SIZE=medium]+70[/SIZE], Gen 5:15 Jared [SIZE=medium]+65[/SIZE], Gen 5:18 Enoch [SIZE=medium]+162[/SIZE], Gen 5:21 Methuselah [SIZE=medium]+65[/SIZE], Gen 5:25 Lamech [SIZE=medium]+187[/SIZE], Gen 5:28 Noah[SIZE=medium]+182[/SIZE], Gen 6:7 The Flood came when Noah was [SIZE=medium]+600[/SIZE], Gen 11:10 Arpachshad [SIZE=medium]+2[/SIZE] - born to Shem after the flood. Gen 11:12 Selah [SIZE=medium]+35[/SIZE], Gen 11:14 Heber [SIZE=medium]+30[/SIZE], Gen 11:16 Peleg [SIZE=medium]+34[/SIZE], Gen 11:18 Reu [SIZE=medium]+30[/SIZE], Gen 11:20 Serug [SIZE=medium]+32[/SIZE], Gen 11:22 Nahor [SIZE=medium]+30[/SIZE] , Gen 11:24 Terah [SIZE=medium]+29[/SIZE], Gen 11:26 Abram [SIZE=medium]+70[/SIZE].
[SIZE=medium]Abraham was +99[/SIZE] when the Covenant was made with God.[SIZE=medium] Total years so far = 2047[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Galatians 3:17 Paul states that the Torah was given +430[/SIZE] after the Covenant. Total years elapsed until the Exodus – [SIZE=medium]2477[/SIZE], that is: [SIZE=medium]1495.5 BCE[/SIZE]. This date is noted in many ancient records, as a time of worldwide devastation from a close encounter with comet Typhon. That caused most of the disasters to Egypt.

[SIZE=medium]1 Kings 6:1 The Temple commencement, the 4th year of King Solomon +480[/SIZE] since Torah and the Exodus.. Total years so far = 2957
[SIZE=medium]1 Kings 11:42 Solomon 40 minus 4 = +36[/SIZE], 1 Kings 14:21 Rehoboam [SIZE=medium]+17[/SIZE], 1 Kings 15:2 Abijah [SIZE=medium]+3[/SIZE], 2 Chron 16:13 Asa [SIZE=medium]+41[/SIZE], 1 Kings 22:42 Jehoshaphat [SIZE=medium]+25[/SIZE], 2 Kings 8:17 Jehoram [SIZE=medium]+8[/SIZE], 2 Kings 8:26 Ahaziah [SIZE=medium]+1[/SIZE], 2 Kings 11:1-3 Athaliah [SIZE=medium]+6[/SIZE], 2 Kings 12:1-3 Joash [SIZE=medium]+40[/SIZE], 2 Kings 14:1-2 Amaziah [SIZE=medium]+29[/SIZE], 2 Kings 15:1-2 Azariah [SIZE=medium]+52[/SIZE], 2 Kings 15:32 Jotham [SIZE=medium]+16[/SIZE], 2 Kings 16:1-2 Ahaz [SIZE=medium]+16[/SIZE], 2 Kings 18:1-2 Hezekiah [SIZE=medium]+29[/SIZE], 2 Kings 21:1 Manasseh [SIZE=medium]+55[/SIZE], 2 Kings 21:19 Amon [SIZE=medium]+2[/SIZE], 2 Kings 22:1-2 Josiah [SIZE=medium]+31[/SIZE], 2 Kings 22:31 Jehoahaz +[SIZE=medium]3mths[/SIZE], 2 Kings 23:31 Jehoiakim [SIZE=medium]+11[/SIZE], 2 Kings 24:8 Jehoichin +[SIZE=medium]3mths[/SIZE], 2 Kings 24:18 Zedekiah [SIZE=medium]+11,[/SIZE] who ruled until the Babylonian captivity in [SIZE=medium]586.5 BCE[/SIZE].
[SIZE=medium]Total years to the 1st exile of Judah = 3386.5. 3386.5 + 613.5 = 4000 years.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]586.5 + 613.5 + 2 [/SIZE] comes to [SIZE=medium]29 CE. [/SIZE]

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may need to recheck my figures...

The wikipedia timeline has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Genesis_patriarchsJacob dieing in Egypt 2255 years after Adams creation. As Jacob died around 1700 BC so we have...

2255 + 1700 = 3955 years total before Christ

6000AD - 3955 = 2045 AD

6000AD + 1000 millennial = 7000 years

So Isaac Newton's 2040 AD prophecy is looking more and more plausible.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I put it to you: your timeline is colourful rubbish. Please cease clogging the forums with your un-Biblical notions.
Trust Wikipaedia? Trust Isaac Newton? As for me, I will trust the Lord's Word.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
I put it to you: your timeline is colourful rubbish. Please cease clogging the forums with your un-Biblical notions.

So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes. - Job 32:1

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Story time : Christ heals the blind man but he sees men as tree's. Christ did not mess up use this to understand Revelation when he speaks of trees being men turning into Nations, moreover in Matthew Chisrt talks of the end of days most call it the rapture you know the one about the tares. Christ tells them the same thing 3 times. Now we all have look at the seals, trumpets, and bowls. Christ also says the first shall be the last. Just think about. But the seventh angel is not the same. the 6th trumpet, seals and bowls are the first event and of the same time, then 5 just like the 6, then 4, then 3, then 2, then 1, then the seventh when all is finish and the kingdom has becomes Chist kindom and his kingdom is not of this world but in heaven as he said when he was on trial. This is the truth you will know when you have studied it.

Straightshot

May 1, 2015
Response to the OP

The 7 seals of Revelation define portents [preludes] of the coming tribulation period

They represent tribulation conditions that will prevail during the period .... not the actual tribulation events that will follow

The spreading of the gospel of the kingdom
Prevailing satanic and human warfare
Worldwide economic collapse and famine
Massive human death
Martyrdom
Human reaction to the Lord's judgments

The 6th seal leads up to the very beginning of the tribulation on the earth .... the events then are found from chapter 8-19

The last seal .... a short silence just before the tribulation begins

The scroll of the judgment events will not open until the Lord first removes all of the seals [Revelation 5:1-5]

This pending time of the Lord's hour [time] of trial and judgment [Revelation 3:10] will prevail for 2550 days upon the earth against those who have refused to believe the truth about Him including Israel .... and it will come upon them with no warning or signs [Jeremiah 30; Psalms 2; Matthew 24:36-39; 25:1-13]

These things will be the beginning of the Day of the Lord .... the prophets see both near and far periods of the Lord's visitations .... Revelation's account is still pending as we speak and He speaks Himself of this in His discourse [Matthew 24; Luke 21:20-36]

It is the Lord who will bring this judgment [Revelation 6:17] .... and He will appear to the surviving mortal earth dwellers at the ending of the same [Zechariah 14:4-5; Matthew 24:29-31; 25:31-46; Revelation 1:7]

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Moreover the euphrates has started to dry up next will be 4 nations will start the war with nations that has water are we and our familys prepared. So we have 6th bowl then 6th trumpet then 6th seal in this manner til finally the white horse. Notice 666 this is satans sign in the middle of this mess he will try to make peace.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
I believe the seven seals will be open right before the great tribulation, at the end of the birth pains.

idono

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
First of the seals (white horse) in Revelation 6 has already fulfilled; I reckon it refers to "Arab Spring", took place in the end of the year 2010. Many Middle-eastern countries’ governments had been toppled in this incident, which caused IS to be expanded and grow bigger.

We are in between first to third seal. I don’t know whether suicide bombers and “lone wolf” attacks can be considered as the second seal (red horse), maybe it is not.

Just wait and see whether “hyperinflation” take place or not in the short coming future (black horse), if it does then suicide bombers and “lone wolf” attacks is the second seal.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, the scroll as described in Revelation 5, is different from the Book of Life. Malachi 3:16, Philip. 4:3, Rev 20:12

The first five seals are now opened, maybe as John looked on in the 1st century. We have wars, famines , plagues and economic problems aplenty and Christians continue to add to those already killed for their faith. But the Sixth Seal is still to happen, it IS the Day of the Lord's wrath, a worldwide disaster that will 'reset civilization' and commence the end time events. After the Anti-Christ has risen to power, he will conquer the people of the Holy Land, Isaiah 62:1-5, and desecrate the Temple. This will start the Trumpet and Bowl punishments; the 3.5 year period of the Great Tribulation, then Jesus will come and destroy his army and chain Satan up for 1000 years.

the problem with that analysis is the first verse of chapter 4. The church letters had been laid out. They were letters indeed to physical churches individually, but also elements of each church were in all the churches. And many speculate, either correctly or incorrectly, that the 7 church letters lay out the history of the church. I have no dog in that hunt.

But verse 1 of chapter 4, John specifically says "after these things". That can only refer to the previous stuff, which was the churches, so after these things, using generally accepted grammatical structure, would mean after those churches. So the seals would be opened, as in Chapter 6, after the churches.

And John looking on in the 1st Century would not leave a lot of time. Ireaneus, who was a student of Polycarp, who was a student of John, said that John wrote the Revelation roughly 95-96 AD. There has been much other speculation of the time it was wrote, but the testimony of one who was associated with an eye witness would be stronger than speculation.

Given that, it is a stretch to assume that the church is in the thick of these seals just because the 5th seal says that saints are martyred. One can be a saint and not part of the church. OT people, looking forward to the future Messiah, were saved and considered saints, but that didn't make them part of the church. And if these events are after the church, then those that come to faith in Messiah after the church would not be part of the church, since they came afterwards. But they would still be saints, which is a Middle English word derived from the French "seints", which came from the Latin "sanctus" which means Holy. There is nothing in the passage to state they are in the body of Christ as the present church is.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, I wouldn't necessarily trust Isaac Newton in the way you are implying, but he was a devout believer, credible, and wrote many commentaries on the scripture, which are still considered classics today in scholarly circles. So I would say he is at least equal to you on these ideas. Your assertions on these issues has no greater weight. Both you and Isaac Newton are just men interpreting scripture. Neither of you wrote the scripture or have an exclusive hot line to God and the authority to speak in place of Him.

We can at least agree, that trusting in the Lord's word is the best way to go. But Paul said we see thru a glass, darkly. We know in part now.

But if that poster should stop "clogging the forums" with his (per your understanding) unbiblical notions, then physician heal thyself. You are not at the throne room of God and can speak with authority for Him. The poster's notions are equally as valid (read, just as fallible) as yours. Get off your arrogant shtick.

We are to discuss these issues in the spirit of respect and love of the brethren. We are free to disagree, and then make our case for our positions, with scripture being the base line. Even then, how we each interpret scripture is subject to human error. No one has everything worked out exactly.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of the seals (white horse) in Revelation 6 has already fulfilled; I reckon it refers to "Arab Spring", took place in the end of the year 2010. Many Middle-eastern countries’ governments had been toppled in this incident, which caused IS to be expanded and grow bigger.

We are in between first to third seal. I don’t know whether suicide bombers and “lone wolf” attacks can be considered as the second seal (red horse), maybe it is not.

Just wait and see whether “hyperinflation” take place or not in the short coming future (black horse), if it does then suicide bombers and “lone wolf” attacks is the second seal.

Where would you place WW I and WW II. How about the crusades? What of the Muslim invasion of Europe, right up to Vienna, Austria in one area, significant portions of Italy, all of the Iberian peninsula, and was finally stopped at Tours, France by Charles Martel? Yet still, Muslims still controlled extensive tracks of Europe for centuries afterwards. Does the seals only apply to our present time? And how would one ascertain that fact?