The Seven Seals

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Revelation 5... The seven seals seal the Lambs book of life. The book of life is populated throughout seven church ages....

Ephesus - Apostolic - Paul tells of all of Asia as having forsaken him
Smyrna - Early Orthodox -Foxes lists the persecutions as ten
Pergamos - Orthodox - Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Methodist-Pentecostal- To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea -Pentecostal-Charismatic-Independent Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

So there are Christians in the book of life from Apostolic to this the Charismatic age...

1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. - Rev 5

The book of life is populated and sealed in Rev 1-3. The book of life is completed in Rev 5, and the book of life is unsealed in Rev 6-8. If this is not the Lambs Book of Life why all the ado???

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Life? Hardly.

What happens when the Scroll (not a codex) is opened? God's Wrath proceeds with the Trumpet Judgments.

What did Gabriel tell Daniel at the end of 9:26? "desolations are determined"

I put it to you that the Scroll contains those desolations that have been decreed. (Scribes would routinely write down the King's decrees.)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marcus O'Reillius said:
The Book of Life? Hardly.

What happens when the Scroll (not a codex) is opened? God's Wrath proceeds with the Trumpet Judgments.

What did Gabriel tell Daniel at the end of 9:26? "desolations are determined"

I put it to you that the Scroll contains those desolations that have been decreed. (Scribes would routinely write down the King's decrees.)
Then why did John Weep??? And... how is it that the scroll is sealed with seven seals ???

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. He wept "because no one was found worthy to open the book or to look into it."

2. The Seals themselves contain actions which make ready the Earth for God's Judgment. The sixth Seal contains the Day of the Lord's parousia, and our subsequent resurrection and rapture. This is the last necessary step before God's Wrath falls upon the Earth.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rocky, I really don't see how you would consider the "sealed" scroll the book of Life. If it was "sealed" how would our names get added to it? When you read in Rev. 6 what occurs when each seal is opened, again, how would one even consider that as a possibility? If that was something you were taught, you need a new teacher.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I agree, the scroll as described in Revelation 5, is different from the Book of Life. Malachi 3:16, Philip. 4:3, Rev 20:12

The first five seals are now opened, maybe as John looked on in the 1st century. We have wars, famines , plagues and economic problems aplenty and Christians continue to add to those already killed for their faith. But the Sixth Seal is still to happen, it IS the Day of the Lord's wrath, a worldwide disaster that will 'reset civilization' and commence the end time events. After the Anti-Christ has risen to power, he will conquer the people of the Holy Land, Isaiah 62:1-5, and desecrate the Temple. This will start the Trumpet and Bowl punishments; the 3.5 year period of the Great Tribulation, then Jesus will come and destroy his army and chain Satan up for 1000 years.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. - Rev 5

If this is not the book of Life why was the Christ the only one allowed to open, loose the seals, or to look inside of it???

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rocky, Your Q - "If this is not the book of Life why was the Christ the only one allowed to open, loose the seals, or to look inside of it???"

Rev. 5:3: "And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon."

The answer: Rev. 5:9: "And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation
."

From the opening of the seals it is obvious, it is not the Book of Life.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trekson said:
Hi Rocky, Your Q - "If this is not the book of Life why was the Christ the only one allowed to open, loose the seals, or to look inside of it???"

Rev. 5:3: "And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon."

The answer: Rev. 5:9: "And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain,and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation."

From the opening of the seals it is obvious, it is not the Book of Life.
I think you have just unknowingly proved my point.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Sixth seal and the contents of the scroll, are the Book of death for the ungodly.

For one thing, the Rev 5 document is described as a scroll, written on both sides and sealed with 7 seals. The Book of Life is described more as a book as we know it, there would, [should?] be millions of names in it. Pray for your name to be there!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
The Sixth seal and the contents of the scroll, are the Book of death for the ungodly.

For one thing, the Rev 5 document is described as a scroll, written on both sides and sealed with 7 seals. The Book of Life is described more as a book as we know it, there would, [should?] be millions of names in it. Pray for your name to be there!
I have often wondered about the timing of the seven seals.
sevenages_zps36af611f.png

1. The Seven Candlesticks - Seven church ages
2. Seven Stars - The saved Christians within the seven churches... All in the right hand of Christ Jesus
3. The Seven Seals - Sealing the Lambs Book of Life

The similarities between the first and last ages...
Picture2.png

Picture1.png

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Seven is a very important number to God. He uses it many times.
I do not see any correlation between the Seven seals and the seven church's or the first seven Patriarchs.
As far as timing is concerned, it is quite evident from history and current facts of wars, famines, plagues, economic problems and the martyrdom of Christians, that the first five have been opened soon after Jesus ascended to heaven. Rev. 5:6 He still 'had the marks of sacrifice on Him'...
We now await the Sixth Seal worldwide devastation.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
Seven is a very important number to God. He uses it many times.
I do not see any correlation between the Seven seals and the seven church's or the first seven Patriarchs.
As far as timing is concerned, it is quite evident from history and current facts of wars, famines, plagues, economic problems and the martyrdom of Christians, that the first five have been opened soon after Jesus ascended to heaven. Rev. 5:6 He still 'had the marks of sacrifice on Him'...
We now await the Sixth Seal worldwide devastation.
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. - Genesis 5:24
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, - Jude 1:14
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. - Hebrews 11:5

As Enoch was the seventh from Adam so Laodicea is the seventh from Christ. The church will be translated in like manner.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
rockytopva said:
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. - Genesis 5:24
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, - Jude 1:14
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. - Hebrews 11:5

As Enoch was the seventh from Adam so Laodicea is the seventh from Christ. The church will be translated in like manner.
So the church at present 'pleases God?
Isaiah 29:13-14 Because this people worship Me with empty words and pay Me lip service, while their hearts are far from Me and their religion is but human precept, learnt by rote, [that is: people who worship the Lord - Christian peoples] therefore once more, I shall astound them; shock and amaze them, for their wisdom and discernment will be removed from them.
What about that? Does that sound like a rapture- removal, or a judgement? 1 Peter 4:17

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.- Revelation 1:20 [Full Chapter]

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 2:1

1. The seven stars are seven messengers - Which I believe to be every Christian, held in Christs right hand.
2. The seven candlesticks are the seven churches - Which I believe unraveled in seven church ages, in which Christ walks in the midst of.

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

And... If this is not the Lambs book of life... Why did John weep because no man was found worthy to open the book ???

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I won't bother to reply, Rockytopva, you don't address the issues, you just reiterate scripture that you see as supporting your claims, but most others do not.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
I won't bother to reply, Rockytopva, you don't address the issues, you just reiterate scripture that you see as supporting your claims, but most others do not.

Well... The seven seals mentions four horseman... Lets address those issues...

1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer - Revelation 6

White Horse - Democracy - Did fight many wars

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. - Rev 6

Red Horse - Communism - Note the great sword against the red flag

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine. - Rev 6

Black Horse - Islam - Note the desire to rob the world of prosperity

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. - Rev 6

Pale Horseman - The Anti Christ

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

So the Pale Horseman has to be revealed before the rapture can take place.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Rockytopva;
You do have valid points with the first three horsemen, at least we agree they are now released and doing their work in the world.
The 4th horseman is Death and has power over only 1/4 of the earth, whereas the Satan has power [at present] over all the earth. The AC comes later. We await 'the man of sin to be revealed'.
The 5th Seal is also open, as Paul says in 2 Cor 6:4-10 and we still see Christians killed for their faith.
The next prophesied event we can expect will be the Sixth Seal, worldwide devastation. You may look for a 'rapture' out of that terrible Day, but that isn't what God promises to His people. He promises protection through that testing time. Then we look for the great gathering into all of the Holy Land. Rev 7:9, Rev 14:1

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my belief that the rapture happens within the time of the seven seals. After the church ages, yet before the seven trumpets.

As in all things Revelation, I say 'this is my belief' keeping the doors open for others opinions.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is my belief that God will PROTECT His people during the Sixth Seal worldwide devastation. Here is the 'opinion of the prophets:
[SIZE=11pt]Protection for His people[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 50:3-6 Our God is coming and will not keep silent, consuming fire[/SIZE] runs ahead of Him and around Him a great storm rages. He summons the heaven and earth to the judging of His people. Gather to Me, My loyal servants, those who by sacrifice have made a Covenant with Me.
[SIZE=11pt]Zephaniah 2:3 Seek the Lord, all you who obey Him, it may be that you will be sheltered [/SIZE]on the Day of the Lord’s anger.
[SIZE=11pt]Proverbs 3:25 Do not be afraid when fools are frightened or when destruction overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side on that Day[/SIZE].
[SIZE=11pt]Isaiah 43:2 You will walk through fire and not be scorched, through flames, they will not burn you[/SIZE] [SIZE=11pt]Daniel 3:25, Jeremiah 30:4-11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]1 Corinthians 10:13.... God will not test you beyond your powers and when the test comes[/SIZE], He will provide a way out to enable you to endure.
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 9:10 The Lord does not abandon those who seek Him and trust in Him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]2 Peter 2:9 God knows how to rescue the godly[/SIZE] from their trials.
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 18:3 I shall call upon the Lord, then I will be made safe.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 24:1-6…Though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death,….You are with me[/SIZE]….
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 31:23-24 The Lord protects the faithful. Be strong, all you whose hope is in the Lord.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 64:10 The righteous rejoice, their refuge in the Lord.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Zechariah 9:15-16 The Lord of hosts will protect His people...[/SIZE]On that Day, He will save them, like a flock, for they are precious to Him. Isaiah 61:10
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 37:18-19 The Lord watches over the righteous,[/SIZE] when times are bad, they will not be distressed.
[SIZE=11pt]Job 22:30 He will deliver the innocent[/SIZE], because their hands are pure.
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 91:1-16 ...He will rescue you[/SIZE], you will not fear the terrors abroad.
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 121:1-8 Our help comes from the Lord, He will guard your life[/SIZE].
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 109:31 The Lord stands at the right hand of the poor and saves them from trials.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Isaiah 51:16 I keep you covered under the shelter of My hand[/SIZE].
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 97:10-12 He keeps His loyal servants safe and rescues them from the wicked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is anyone who trusts in the Lord, they will be like trees by a stream, when the heat comes[/SIZE] it has nothing to fear.
[SIZE=11pt]Nahum 1:7 The Lord is a sure protection[/SIZE] in times of trouble and cares for all those who make Him their refuge.
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 60:4-5 To those who fear the Lord, He will show the way to escape[/SIZE] from trouble.
[SIZE=11pt]Psalm 37:9 For evildoers will be destroyed, those who trust in the Lord will prosper in the Land[/SIZE].
[SIZE=11pt]Isaiah 26:20 On that Day, I will come to your aid.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Daniel 12:1 There will be a time of anguish, but at that time, Your people will be delivered, all those whose names are written in the Book of Life.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]2 Thessalonians 1:7 ...to give you relief when the Lord Jesus comes in blazing fire[/SIZE].
[SIZE=11pt]Joel 3:16 The Lord roars from Zion, the heavens and the earth shudder,[/SIZE] but He is a refuge for His people and a defence for Israel.
[SIZE=11pt]Isaiah 65:9b My chosen ones will take possession of the land, those who serve Me will live there. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Ecclesiasticus 34:13-17 Those who fear the Lord will live, for their trust in Him can keep them safe. The Lord keeps watch over those who love Him, He is their shield and support, a shelter from the scorching wind and the heat of the sun. He raises their spirits and gives healing, life and blessings. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Reference: Revised English Bible. [/SIZE]