The Seven Spirits of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The temple of His body...
wilt thou rear it up in three days?

^How long will it take Him to build (rear up)this Holy temple?

Up and until the time of the Final Judgement. Then only the Saints, the righteous of God, will all be available in one place to form the Temple of the Body of the Saints but the traditionalist hold to Christ being raised within three 24 hour days as the only way to interpret this passage.

Being able to think outside of the box can be a dangerous place to be because everybody want to silence you.

Shalom

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. first thanks for the reply,
I know that I am not right in all that I post, the question is, "Are you always right in what you post?"
It's not a matter if you're right or I, just say what the bible say. it's what the Lord Jesus, here in these verses, says is what is right. as for understanding the scriptures in question, it is clear as to what our Lord was referring to. he said "Destroy this temple", and he made it very clear as to which temple he spoke of. "But he spake of the temple of his body". that is crystal clear as to which temple he was speaking of. and his apostles confirmed this, "22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said"
if one cannot comprehend a clear statement as this, God help them. you would have to pay someone to mislead you on this.

The temple of His body...
John 2:19-21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. [20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? [21] But he spake of the temple of his body.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirt which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
first thanks for the reply VJ but, in John 2 that temple is physical, understand his "body"
in 1 Corinthians 6, that temple is "Spiritual". understand VJ, man cannot Destroy what God has built. so again this is not the same temple in John 2 that our Lord spoke of.

Then you asked,
How long will it take Him to build (rear up)this Holy temple?
well, is he not adding to it even as we speak? for the building was started on Pentecost, and is still being added to. (is not soul being added daily?). now as for time, when he returns, then it is finished. and when is that date? "NO MAN KNOWS" only the Father.
hope that helped.
PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, but JBF, in John 2 that temple is physical, understand his "body"
in 1 Corinthians 6, that temple is "Spiritual". understand JBF, man cannot Destroy what God has built. so again this is not the same temple in John 2 that our Lord spoke of.

An Holy temple...even in He was raised from the dead...ushers in the rebuilding of the Spiritual temple as you said is still being added unto. No, but God can destroy what man built in He allows man to do what man(without God) is good at which is destruction. In not a stone will be left that is not turned over ...how did this happen?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An Holy temple...even in He was raised from the dead...ushers in the rebuilding of the Spiritual temple as you said is still being added unto. No, but God can destroy what man built in He allows man to do what man(without God) is good at which is destruction. In not a stone will be left that is not turned over ...how did this happen?
VJ you're confusing the destruction of the Physical temple in AD 70. these are two different setting, scripture, Matthew 24:1 "And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple."Matthew 24:2 "And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."Matthew 24:3 "And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"
NOW, FINISH READING THE DISCOURSE, and tell us did all of these things occure before Pentecose, or after? will be looking for your answer.
PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VJ you're confusing the destruction of the Physical temple in AD 70. these are two different setting, scripture, Matthew 24:1 "And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple."Matthew 24:2 "And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."Matthew 24:3 "And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"
NOW, FINISH READING THE DISCOURSE, and tell us did all of these things occure before Pentecose, or after? will be looking for your answer.
PICJAG.

Have some things to do this morning. Will definitely read it later. A question if this “Holy temple” that grows with Christ as the chief corner and the prophets and Apostles as the foundation...a habitation for God. and the New Jerusalem seen (revealed) above is the mother of us all is also spiritual...where or what will New Jerusalem rest upon?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture, Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

Galatians 4:26 "But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all."

this is not biological in the sense.

PICJAG.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The temple of which Christ spoke was always spiritual. God is spirit.

Did Jesus also refer to the foreshadowing and physical manifest temple in referring to the actual spiritual temple? Of course. But that was all manifest revelation, the word in parables as only God can speak. Therefore, Jesus interpreted the word which was first in parables, referring to His body...which was also a parable. But all such interpretations speak only of the object of the parable, which are not the subject. The parables are many, but the subject of those parables, is One.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not a matter if you're right or I, just say what the bible say. it's what the Lord Jesus, here in these verses, says is what is right. as for understanding the scriptures in question, it is clear as to what our Lord was referring to. he said "Destroy this temple", and he made it very clear as to which temple he spoke of. "But he spake of the temple of his body". that is crystal clear as to which temple he was speaking of. and his apostles confirmed this, "22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said"
if one cannot comprehend a clear statement as this, God help them. you would have to pay someone to mislead you on this.

I am so sorry for you 101G, that you cannot agree to disagree, but you still claim that your understanding is the only right interpretation of the John 2:18-23 passage. The problem with just saying what the Bible state is that the passage is ambiguous in how it should be understood and both POV may be right or wrong that we have expressed. It is just that I prefer the interpretation that I have presented to your POV and understanding.

Now with respect to your understanding of when Christ will finishing rebuilding the temple you wrote: -
well, is he not adding to it even as we speak? for the building was started on Pentecost, and is still being added to. (is not soul being added daily?). now as for time, when he returns, then it is finished. and when is that date? "NO MAN KNOWS" only the Father.
which to all sense and purposes is exactly what I wrote except I said that in the John 2:18-23 passage Jesus clearly said that after three days of the Lord or nearly all of that time which is a little longer than 3,000 years, that He would begin building His Temple after He sounds the alarm for the Saints to Assemble in their allotted place within the Temple at that time.

Now in stating that the time span is around 3000 years, I am not assuming what the exact time span will be such that I am compliant with your, "NO MAN KNOWS" only the Father statement.

Now go to Jesus' statement as to when His three days will begin.

This is what he said: -

John 2:18-20: -
18 So the Jews answered and said to Him, "What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?"
19 Jesus answered and said to them, "{You} Destroy this temple, and in three days {of the Lord} I will raise it up."
20 Then the Jews said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three {24 hour} days?"
So Jesus was addressing the Jews surrounding Him in the Temple precincts,when He was asked for a sign to justify His cleansing of the temple.

His response was "You destroy the Temple, . . ," and from the history of the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD, from memory, it was the Jews who initially set fire to the temple during the Roman seige that destroyed the temple. At the time that the Jews aske for a sign to cleanse the temple, the Jews although they wanted Jews Dead had not set into play the crucifixion of Christ, so therefore we cannot assume that Jesus was talking about his physical body in His response, but we can assume that He was talking about the Temple and its precincts, both then and in the distant future from that time.

Although you claim that your understanding is right, there are for me still to many unanswered questions that have to be answered first before we can both settle on a air tight understanding of the John 2:18-2 passage as you apparently want to.

Shalom

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply,
I am so sorry for you 101G, that you cannot agree to disagree
that right there is the oldest trick in the devil playbook, "agree to disagree". do one really know what that means. you're still in disagrement, and with disagreement there will always be confusion. and that stems from IGNORANCE, because no one can agree. Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?". one need to read that again, and 1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
so that's will be all from me on the subject.
PICJAG.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First thanks for the reply,

that right there is the oldest trick in the devil playbook, "agree to disagree". do one really know what that means. you're still in disagrement, and with disagreement there will always be confusion. and that stems from IGNORANCE, because no one can agree. Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?". one need to read that again, and 1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
so that's will be all from me on the subject.
PICJAG.

If we need to consider advice in the form of scripture directed at others have you considered the following passage: -

Matthew 7:1-6: - Do Not Judge
(Luke 6:37-42)
7:
1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
and in the Luke passage Jesus is recorded as saying the above this way: -

Luke 6:37-42: - Do Not Judge
(Matt 7:1-5)
"Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."

39 And He spoke a parable to them: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch? 40 A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. 41 And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye? 42 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye.
Now brother, I have not judged that your understanding is wrong, all that I have responded with is that I prefer my understanding of the John 2:18-22 passage, and you have judged me as being ignorant with a lack of understanding because I have tried to speak out of the actual context of the passage whereas you have added to the passage by speaking out of the silence of the passage.

The John 2 passage is in response to Jesus being asked about the authority that He has to cleanse the Temple.

Your linking of the sign of Jonah that Jesus would be in the earth for three days, with the sign that Jesus gave for cleansing the temple; is mixing the two signs together, in that in the sign of Jonah response, Jesus was justifying why he was the "Son of David." that is their "Messiah."

In other words, the scribes and Pharisees were asking Jesus for a sign to convince them that He was the "Son of David," and therefore that He was their Promised Messiah.

Matthew 12:22-42: - A House Divided Cannot Stand
(Mark 3:22-27; Luke 11:14-23)

22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, "Could this be the Son of David?"

24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, "This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons."

25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: . . . . .

The Scribes and Pharisees Ask for a Sign
(Luke 11:29-32)

38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."

39 But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. 42 The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here.
Both of these signs points to the fact that Jesus is the Son of God, but the two signs were given for very different reasons. Mixing the signs together as you have suggested be done confuses the context of the John 2 passage.

However, all of us do not fully understand what is recorded in the scriptures and the scholars before us also did not fully preceive the truth in the Word of God either. We both have arrived at our understanding of the John 2:18-22 passage independantly and we should be both accepting of each others point of view and be prepared to adjust our understanding when a better understanding is presented.

However, I still prefer my understanding of the John 2:18-22 passage in preference to your emphatic understanding.

Shalom

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning forum! Well I am still studying in Revelation.....it is not a book you can just read through and be done so it is taking me a great deal of time to get even half way....so here is another NEW revelation the Holy Spirit has opened my eyes to see and I put out here for comment....
Revelation 4:5
5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Seven spirits of God? well....this made me want to study and research what the seven Spirits of God are and this is what I have found so far.
Isaiah 11:1-3
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Revelation 3:1
“To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of Him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars.”

Revelation 5:6
“Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it has been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He has seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.”

As I continued to study and research I found almost all teachers on the subject say that the seven Spirits of God are the 7 attributes of the Holy Spirit.....one even states that is is the perfect completeness of the Holy Spirit.....and Revelation 5:6 seems to back this up with the "sent out into all the earth"....and He has 7 horns and 7 eyes....so I had to look up this....
Seven=Fullness
Seven Horns=Fullness of Power
Seven Eyes=Fullness of Insight

View attachment 7319

As I am continuing to learn this really struck me so profoundly that I prayed and asked God to let me experience the fullness of the Holy Spirit in my life....the 7 anointings of God.....

This is a comment made by an individual:
God is complex and so is the work of the holy spirit as well.. 7 is the number of spiritual perfection.. to be perfect we should experience all of God 7 anointings now too..

The Holy Spirit is a person who combines the 7 Spirits of God, EXPRESSIONS OF GOD’S CHARACTER, PERSONALITY OR NATURE
7 Spiritual anointings, 7 Spirits of God

Also here is the link to the source I referenced as well:
Do You Know the 7 Spirits of God? - by James W. Goll

I want to come to that place of completeness and experience the fullness of God through Jesus and the Holy Spirit...

What's your take on this?
Hello @Heart2Soul,

I differ from you in regard to what the seven spirits of God are. They are referred to, as you have mentioned already, in Revelation 3:1, Revelation 4:5; and Revelation 5:6.

* In 3:1, ' ... These things saith He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars ... ' (see 1:4). The Holy Spirit, as co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son, could not be properly spoken of as a possession of Christ; and placed on the same footing as the seven stars, 'which are the angels of the seven assemblies.' When Christ speaks of 'having' these, it does not mean having them in possession as attributes, but having them in His power for use, disposal and command.

* In 4:5, these
'spirits' are said to be 'before the throne', ready to obey the commands of Him who sits thereon.

In 5:6, the Lamb is described as having 'seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God,' In regard to the seven eyes, see Zechariah 4:10 and 3:9:-

'For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.' (Zecharia 4:10)

'Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
(Zechariah 3:8-9)

* Here the seven eyes denote the fact that the Lord is about to remove the iniquity of the Land of Israel. In Revelation 5:6 The Lion spoken of by the Elder is about to put forth His power and eject the usurper from his dominion.
'The prince of this world is (already) judged' (John 16:11), Sentence has been passed; a judgement summons has been issued (John 12:31 & John 16:11); and execution is about to be put in (Revelation 12). All this is shown to be in virtue of the 'right' obtained by the payment of the redemption price: that is why John sees a Lamb as 'having been slain.'

* So, the seven spirits that are before the throne of God, should be allowed to remain as described in God's Word.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Heart2Soul,

I differ from you in regard to what the seven spirits of God are. They are referred to, as you have mentioned already, in Revelation 3:1, Revelation 4:5; and Revelation 5:6.

* In 3:1, ' ... These things saith He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars ... ' (see 1:4). The Holy Spirit, as co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son, could not be properly spoken of as a possession of Christ; and placed on the same footing as the seven stars, 'which are the angels of the seven assemblies.' When Christ speaks of 'having' these, it does not mean having them in possession as attributes, but having them in His power for use, disposal and command.

* In 4:5, these 'spirits' are said to be
'before the throne', ready to obey the commands of Him who sits thereon.

In 5:6, the Lamb is described as having 'seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God,' In regard to the seven eyes, see Zechariah 4:10 and 3:9:-

'For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.' (Zecharia 4:10)

'Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
(Zechariah 3:8-9)

* Here the seven eyes denote the fact that the Lord is about to remove the iniquity of the Land of Israel. In Revelation 5:6 The Lion spoken of by the Elder is about to put forth His power and eject the usurper from his dominion.
'The prince of this world is (already) judged' (John 16:11), Sentence has been passed; a judgement summons has been issued (John 12:31 & John 16:11); and execution is about to be put in (Revelation 12). All this is shown to be in virtue of the 'right' obtained by the payment of the redemption price: that is why John sees a Lamb as 'having been slain.'

* So, the seven spirits that are before the throne of God, should be allowed to remain as described in God's Word.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Thank you for your info....most of that thread was information that came from other members...I didn't have a clue what they were so I started that thread and got alot of answers...:)

Reactions: charity