The shame of Palm Sunday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
This coming Sunday, a lot of Bible believing Churches are going to be recognizing Palm Sunday, to their own shame.

Other than being one of those made-up celebrations, concocted by the Catholic Church, Palms Sunday is also one of the last days, a real Christian would want to celebrate.

Here is the account........
John 12:12-13
V.12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
V.13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed [is] the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

But a few days later, here is what those same people were crying.....
Mark 15:11-13
V.11 But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them.
V.12 And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do [unto him] whom ye call the King of the Jews?
V.13 And they cried out again, Crucify him.

---------------------------------
Not only was the Church, never instructed to celebrate this event, but knowing the whole story about how shallow these cries of “Hosanna” really were, I am surprised that any Christian would want to celebrate it.

But then again, most professing Christians today never read their Bible anyway; so all they know about this event, is what their Spiritual leaders are telling them.

This is a sad time, for Christianity.
Come quickly Lord Jesus......

true God does not command we observe palm sunday but just as true is the fact that God also does not forbid us from observing it,,

some christians choose to ---some choose not to .

yet

Let his blood be truly on me and you and our children ..

http://www.lutheranmusic.com/library/CW/pages/hymns/cw376-video.html

Jesu, Thy blood and righteousness
My beauty are, my glorious dress:
’Midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.

Bold shall I stand in Thy great day;
For who aught to my charge shall lay?
Fully through these absolved I am
From sin and fear, from guilt and shame.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.lutheranmusic.com/library/CW/pages/hymns/cw133-video.html

Ride on, ride on, in majesty!
Hark! all the tribes Hosanna cry;
O Savior meek, pursue Thy road
With palms and scattered garments strowed.

In lowly pomp ride on to die!
O Christ! Thy triumph now begin
Over captive death and conquered sin.

The wingèd squadrons of the sky
Look down with sad and wondering eyes
To see the approaching sacrifice.

Thy last and fiercest strife is nigh;
The Father, on His sapphire throne,
Expects His own anointed Son.

In lowly pomp ride on to die;
Bow Thy meek head to mortal pain,
Then take, O God, Thy power, and reign.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like the statement I see so many times. " Bible believing Christians", what ever happened to the ," Jesus believing", Christians, did not God ask us to believe in His Son, where did all the othet overheads come from, not from God, as for easter. Jesus is alive and with me everyday, so I can celebrate Him all the time, im over religion all man made to please the flesh.

In His Love