The Simplicity of Christ: The Righteous Pure in Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The simple sum of all doctrine debate about salvation and Justification by Jesus Christ is: Becoming sons of God, the righteous saints with purified hearts.

Everything else is just debating around it, whether out of ignorance of Scripture, or to justify ourselves by twisting the word as written:

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see four categories of souls on earth:
1. Them that have no desire to do right by God with a pure heart, and so reject Jesus as the Christ: The unbelieving world.

2. Christians desiring to be righteous with a pure heart, but still find lust working in their hearts and lives: the wretchedly double hearted.

3. Christians accepting not being righteous with a pure heart, and just celebrating grace anyway: hypocrite.

4. Christians that are doing the righteousness of God with a pure heart: Elect saints.

Souls are moving between these categories, and God knows us all as we are. In the end, we will each be found in one only, and the only ones found clothed in Christ and worthy to walk with Him in white will be #4.

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

They will be worthy to walk with Him in white, because they are already doing so in the Light:

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The simple sum of all doctrine debate about salvation and Justification by Jesus Christ is: Becoming sons of God, the righteous saints with purified hearts.

Everything else is just debating around it, whether out of ignorance of Scripture, or to justify ourselves by twisting the word as written:

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The simplicity spoken about by Paul is not what you think. Older translations don't use words the same way we do. And that tends to confuse the ones who already have certain ideas.

Here is the Greek word and its meaning (simplicity)

ἁπλότης
haplotēs
hap-lot'-ace
From G573; singleness, that is, (subjectively) sincerity (without dissimulation or self seeking), or (objectively) generosity (copious bestowal): - bountifulness, liberal (-ity), simplicity, singleness.

Jesus actually brought a complexity to the salvation process. He is bringing a DOUBLE-edged sword...the truth in its full duality. Very few can understand it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The simplicity spoken about by Paul is not what you think. Older translations don't use words the same way we do. And that tends to confuse the ones who already have certain ideas.

Here is the Greek word and its meaning (simplicity)

ἁπλότης
haplotēs
hap-lot'-ace
From G573; singleness, that is, (subjectively) sincerity (without dissimulation or self seeking), or (objectively) generosity (copious bestowal): - bountifulness, liberal (-ity), simplicity, singleness.

Jesus actually brought a complexity to the salvation process. He is bringing a DOUBLE-edged sword...the truth in its full duality. Very few can understand it.
So, you're not the a righteous son of God and pure in heart?

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I guess we could all stare at the wall and twiddle our fingers, but these discussions are more fun.

Reactions: marks

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. But I'd rather be twiddling my thumbs than sinning against God.
Yes, sinning brings trouble into our lives.

But the purpose of the forum is to discuss things. I think we can learn from those discussions. Not always, but sometimes.

Reactions: marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see four categories of souls on earth:
1. Them that have no desire to do right by God with a pure heart, and so reject Jesus as the Christ: The unbelieving world.

2. Christians desiring to be righteous with a pure heart, but still find lust working in their hearts and lives: the wretchedly double hearted.

3. Christians accepting not being righteous with a pure heart, and just celebrating grace anyway: hypocrite.

4. Christians that are doing the righteousness of God with a pure heart: Elect saints.

Souls are moving between these categories, and God knows us all as we are. In the end, we will each be found in one only, and the only ones found clothed in Christ and worthy to walk with Him in white will be #4.

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

They will be worthy to walk with Him in white, because they are already doing so in the Light:

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.

Well whether or not your list of four is definitive with god we will wait and see. but we can all come up with categories to define people and how many categories to put them in. It is but vanity!

YOu forget and ignore teh most important fact- we are pure because of HIM and not of ourselves. We walk and live in purity because of HIm and Him alone!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I tend to agree Rob, it is actually simple however even though it is simple, understanding does not come from our brain, it is revealed to us through our heart condition. I have to accept Jesus' explanation Mat 13:11, because I fail to understand why 2 people can read a simple verse that most can quote (Jn 3:16) and come away with 2 different meanings. 2 Cor 4:4