The Sin of the Consumption of Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
Not being under the Law does not mean you are free to disobey the Law, hence why Paul elsewhere said, "do we nullify the Law by this faith? No, we uphold Law". What it means is that you are no longer under the slavery of sin whose power is the Law,

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. (1 Corinthians 15:16 [NIV])

Because you have been freed from sin,

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. (Romans 6:18 [NIV])

And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. (Ezekiel 36:27 [ESV])

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36 [NIV])

For by one offering he has perfected in perpetuity the ones having been sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [ABP])

Which is why when you come under the law of Christ, which means to come UNDER THE SPIRIT, AT THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, you are no longer under Law, because you have been freed from the sin that the Law reveals, which essentially means YOU WILL UPHOLD AND OBEY LAW THAT YOU YOURSELF WERE NOT ABLE TO OBEY NOT HAVING THE SPIRIT, because you are being caused to obey it by the holy spirit,

in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:4 [NIV])

according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. (1 Peter 1:2 [ESV])

So this where your disconnect is, you confuse not being under Law to mean you are now free to disobey the Law, when it is in fact quite the contrary, you must stop disobeying the Law so that you may receive the baptism of the holy spirit that will then rid you of your sinful nature that caused you to break it in the first place,

In Him you were also circumcised in the putting off of your sinful nature… (Colossians 2:11 [BSB])

No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God. (Romans 2:29 [NIV])

And spirit of the LORD shall spring upon you, and you shall prophesy with them, and you shall turn into another man. (1 Samuel 10:6 [ABP])

It amazing that you didn't use this portion of Colossians:

“Having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.” (Colossians 2:14-16, NIV)

Reactions: Job

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? I think you are spouting blasphemy. You don't get to decide who will be in Heaven. God does. As a reminder, you are not God.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning (James 1:17).

But, God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life (Romans 5:8-10).

And, this is the promise that He hath promised us, even eternal life (1 John 2:25).

And, for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance (Hebrews 9:15).

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life” (John 6:47).

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life” (John 5:24).

“Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal” (Matthew 25:45-46).

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:15-16).

Then said Jesus unto the twelve, “Will ye also go away?” Then Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life” (John 6:67-68).

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent” (John 17:1-3).

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation m received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God (1 Peter 1:18-21).

I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever; nothing can be put to it, nor anything taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past (Ecclesiastes 3:14-15).

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

“For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. How think ye? If a man have a hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? And, if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish” (Matthew 18:11-14).

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And, I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one” (John 10:27-30).

“And, this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day” (John 6:39).

“While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition [Judas]; that the scripture might be fulfilled” (John 17:12).

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not (1 John 5:18).

“But, if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: But, when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils” (Luke 11:20-22).

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that in you, than he that is in the world
(1 John 4:4).

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it (1 Corinthians 10:13).

“For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect” (Matthew 24:24).

They went out from us, but they were not of us: for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us (1 John 2:19).

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:2-6).

And, the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen (2 Timothy 4:18).

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen (Jude 24-25).

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD ; and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed (Psalm 37:23-26).

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).

“Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat; but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not” (Luke 22:31).

I think it's time for a Big Mac and fries.

You are one of those that think that mere belief without works will deliver you, thinking that you can continue to sin and break the Law and that your mere belief will have you spared. Not to mention you are in error concerning "going to heaven". No one goes to heaven, for when Jesus Christ returns, he comes to gather his people to Israel to live in Zion to rule over all the world for a thousand years. And not only that, but the elect will indeed be given authority to judge the world in representation of God.

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
You are one of those that think that mere belief without works will deliver you, thinking that you can continue to sin and break the Law and that your mere belief will have you spared. Not to mention you are in error concerning "going to heaven". No one goes to heaven, for when Jesus Christ returns, he comes to gather his people to Israel to live in Zion to rule over all the world for a thousand years. And not only that, but the elect will indeed be given authority to judge the world in representation of God.

Really? Are you a mind reader, a fortune teller, a seer?

You seem to think that Dispensationism is true. Yet other Christians have other views with scripture to back it up. Are you also a prophet?

I have already shown the scriptures that apply. You just don't like it.

I'm going with the Apostle Paul who said this:

“Having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.” (Colossians 2:14-16, NIV)

Ephesians 2:8-9English Standard Version (ESV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If the unbeliever then told you that the meat was sacrificed to an idol, is it then lawful for you to eat? Read the next verse genius.

You read the next TWO verses genius:

28 (But if some one says to you, "This has been offered in sacrifice," then out of consideration for the man who informed you, and for conscience' sake--

29 I mean his conscience, not yours--do not eat it.) For why should my liberty be determined by another man's scruples?

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Are you a mind reader, a fortune teller, a seer?

You seem to think that Dispensationism is true. Yet other Christians have other views with scripture to back it up. Are you also a prophet?

I have already shown the scriptures that apply. You just don't like it.

I'm going with the Apostle Paul who said this:

Ephesians 2:8-9English Standard Version (ESV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Deliverance is not of works because there is nothing that you did to have earned it, because deliverance comes by ELECTION OF GOD, hence,

So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. (Romans 9:16 [ESV])

though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— (Romans 9:11 [ESV])

And this election, this predestination, happened before the foundation of the world,

even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love (Ephesians 1:4 [ESV])

In which case, having done nothing to deserve his favor, deliverance comes by merely believing, in which case THEN IT BECOMES NECESSARY TO DO WORKS,

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8 [ESV])

So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. (James 2:17 [ESV])

You misinterpret that deliverance did not come by works to mean that you do not have to do works, when in fact you do, AFTER GOD HAS CALLED YOU AND YOU HAVE SUBSEQUENTLY BELIEVED WHILE YOU WERE STILL A SINNER, THEN YOU MUST DO WORKS. Whoever teaches that you do not need to do works is a liar,

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21 [NIV])

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you mind getting back to me on this? I'd really like to know.

Is that really so many

Here is a list of the 613 commandments. Tell me honestly that you keep each and every one of them.

613 commandments - Wikipedia

I know you're just blowing this off as foolishness, but this is serious. If you're only serious about observing certain aspects of the Mosaic Law and are nonchalant about observing the entire law,
you are a transgressor of the law and you know what that means.

Think about it. You're trying to resurrect something the Lord saw fit to do away with. The Father's will is that we have faith in His only begotten Son, but you want to put your faith in the Mosaic Law. That not only goes against common sense, it goes against scripture.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you mind getting back to me on this? I'd really like to know.

Here is a list of the 613 commandments. Tell me honestly that you keep each and every one of them.

613 commandments - Wikipedia

I know you're just blowing this off as foolishness, but this is serious. If you're only serious about observing certain aspects of the Mosaic Law and are nonchalant about observing the entire law,
you are a transgressor of the law and you know what that means.

Think about it. You're trying to resurrect something the Lord saw fit to do away with. The Father's will is that we have faith in His only begotten Son, but you want to put your faith in the Mosaic Law. That not only goes against common sense, it goes against scripture.

The entire law must be obeyed, so yes, for the Lord himself spoke, "whoever sets aside the least of these commands (in the law) will be called least". Do you realize that Jesus Christ himself said these words? And in this law, exists shadow law, which are commands that are figurative and fulfilled differently in the new covenant, sabbaths, festivals, etc. Any command that is not shadow law, must still be obeyed exactly as commanded.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you do this?
  1. To offer two lambs every day — Num. 28:3
  2. To burn incense every day — Ex. 30:7
  3. Not to work consecrated animals — Deut. 15:19
And that's only three.

Did I not just explain shadow law to you? The tabernacle/temple offerings are copies of the true temple of God, which is heavenly, where the altar of incense is there, and the earth itself is the altar of sacrifice where Jesus Christ was offered up as sacrifice,

They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain." (Hebrews 8:5 [NIV])

So 1 & 2 are already fulfilled in heaven by the angels that live in heaven,

And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel. (Revelation 8:3-4 [ESV])

The same applies to number 3, for the consecration of the firstborn to God has already been fulfilled by Jesus Christ,

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. (Colossians 1:15 [NIV])

These are all examples of SHADOW LAW, they were commands that were given before, that all had symbolic meanings that pointed to things found in Jesus Christ,

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come;the reality, however, is found in Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17 [NIV])

Why the Law Is Not Abolished, Yet Circumcision, Festivals, Sacrifices, Sabbaths, Foods Are No Longer Observed | Wisdom of God

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I not just explain shadow law to you? The tabernacle/temple offerings are copies of the true temple of God, which is heavenly, where the altar of incense is there, and the earth itself is the altar of sacrifice where Jesus Christ was offered up as sacrifice,

They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain." (Hebrews 8:5 [NIV])

So 1 & 2 are already fulfilled in heaven by the angels that live in heaven,

And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel. (Revelation 8:3-4 [ESV])

The same applies to number 3, for the consecration of the firstborn to God has already been fulfilled by Jesus Christ,

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. (Colossians 1:15 [NIV])

These are all examples of SHADOW LAW, they were commands that were given before, that all had symbolic meanings that pointed to things found in Jesus Christ,

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come;the reality, however, is found in Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17 [NIV])

Why the Law Is Not Abolished, Yet Circumcision, Festivals, Sacrifices, Sabbaths, Foods Are No Longer Observed | Wisdom of God
You're right, I'm wrong.

Have a nice day.

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
Deliverance is not of works because there is nothing that you did to have earned it, because deliverance comes by ELECTION OF GOD, hence,

So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. (Romans 9:16 [ESV])

though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— (Romans 9:11 [ESV])

And this election, this predestination, happened before the foundation of the world,

even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love (Ephesians 1:4 [ESV])

In which case, having done nothing to deserve his favor, deliverance comes by merely believing, in which case THEN IT BECOMES NECESSARY TO DO WORKS,

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8 [ESV])

So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. (James 2:17 [ESV])

You misinterpret that deliverance did not come by works to mean that you do not have to do works, when in fact you do, AFTER GOD HAS CALLED YOU AND YOU HAVE SUBSEQUENTLY BELIEVED WHILE YOU WERE STILL A SINNER, THEN YOU MUST DO WORKS. Whoever teaches that you do not need to do works is a liar,

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21 [NIV])

I have already said that I'm a reformed believer and hence, I do believe in election.

I'm not going to turn into a vegetarian or vegan, for any reason. Least of all from one who questions by salvation.

Tweetie

Jun 22, 2017
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ told us to "drink His blood". Are you saying He is telling us to sin?

Tweetie

Jun 22, 2017
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then continue eating the meat with the blood, and see what happens. Let us see what the Lord will say to you on the day of judgment for refusing to abstain from blood on a false premise that you cannot separate the two.

Christ told us to drink His blood.

Tweetie

Jun 22, 2017
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews recognise 613 laws within the Law of Moses. For Jews the Law was indivisible. whoever keeps the whole law, but falls short in one particular, has become guilty in respect to all of it. (Jas 2:10).

Cursed be everyone who does not persevere in doing all the things written in the book of the law.” (Gal 3:10)

The Law was a mixture of moral, ceremonial and regulatory precepts. For example in Leviticus 19 we have the following (among others)

You shall not steal. You shall not lie or speak falsely to one another. You shall not swear falsely by my name, thus profaning the name of your God. I am the Lord
(vs 11-12)

Keep my statutes: do not breed any of your domestic animals with others of a different species; do not sow a field of yours with two different kinds of seed; and do not put on a garment woven with two different kinds of thread (vs 19)

Do not eat meat with the blood still in it. Do not practice divination or soothsaying. Do not clip your hair at the temples, nor trim the edges of your beard (vs 26-27)

Do we observe them all today? The answer is clearly no. But equally we do regard some as binding on us. These latter are what we consider as moral laws. But note that they are not confined to the Ten Commandments. For example fornication is not one of the Ten Commandments but is clearly condemned in the New Testament (1Cor 6:9)

The Old Testament written law has been replaced by the New Testament law written not in ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets that are hearts of flesh. (2 Cor 3:3).

Firstly let us look at the case for the abolition of the OT Law starting with St. Paul’s letter to the Romans.
Are you unaware, brothers (for I am speaking to people who know the law [i.e. Jews]), that the law has jurisdiction over one as long as one lives? Thus a married woman is bound by law to her living husband; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law in respect to her husband. Consequently, while her husband is alive she will be called an adulteress if she consorts with another man. But if her husband dies she is free from that law, and she is not an adulteress if she consorts with another man.

In the same way, my brothers, you also were put to death to the law through the body of Christ, so that you might belong to another, to the one who was raised from the dead in order that we might bear fruit for God. For when we were in the flesh, our sinful passions, awakened by the law, worked in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are released from the law, dead to what held us captive, so that we may serve in the newness of the spirit and not under the obsolete letter. (Rom 7:1-6)
We [Jews] are put to death to the Law
We [Jews] are released from the Law

Note particularly that this is particularly relevant because God considered himself “married” to Israel. When Jesus died the Covenant ended and Jesus was free to take a new bride – the Church.

Paul himself declares he is no longer under the Law.
To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews; to those under the law I became as one under the law--though not being myself under the law--that I might win those under the law. To those outside the law [Gentiles] I became as one outside the law--not being without law toward God but under the law of Christ--that I might win those outside the law.

He also makes here a clear distinction between those under the Law (the Jews) and those not under the Law (the Gentiles)
Galatians 3:
Before faith came, we [Jews] were held in custody under law, confined for the faith that was to be revealed. Consequently, the law was our disciplinarian for Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a disciplinarian. (Gal 3:23-25).
We (Jews) are not under the Law

Paul describes the Jews and Gentiles as separated but then he says:
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near in the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, (Eph 2:13-15)
The Law has been abolished.

Col 2 says much the same:
And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, having cancelled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this he set aside, nailing it to the cross. (Col 2:14)

Does this include the Ten Commandments? Yes, because the Law in indivisible.
For whoever keeps the whole law, but falls short in one particular, has become guilty in respect to all of it. For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not kill.” Even if you do not commit adultery but kill, you have become a transgressor of the law. (Jas 2:10-11)

Moreover there are specific texts that show this:
Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, was so glorious that the Israelites could not look intently at the face of Moses because of its glory that was going to fade, how much more will the ministry of the Spirit be glorious? (2 Cor 3:7-8)
What was carved in letters on stone and therefore described as “the ministry of death”. Answer – the Ten Commandments

The Book of Hebrews makes this replacement of the Old Covenant by the New very clear.
On the one hand, a former commandment is annulled because of its weakness and uselessness, for the law brought nothing to perfection; on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God. (Heb 7:18-19)

When there is a change of priesthood, there is necessarily a change of law as well. (Heb 7:12)

For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second one. But he finds fault with them and says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will conclude a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. (Heb 8:7-8)

When he speaks of a “new” covenant, he declares the first one obsolete. And what has become obsolete and has grown old is close to disappearing (Heb 8:13)

He takes away the first to establish the second (Heb 10:9)

Do you get all those:
you also were put to death to the law through the body of Christ
But now we are released from the law, dead to what held us captive, so that we may serve in the newness of the spirit and not under the obsolete letter
Consequently, the law was our disciplinarian....we are no longer under a disciplinarian.
by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances
having cancelled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands
a former commandment is annulled
he declares the first one obsolete
He takes away the first to establish the second.

How can you claim the the Law still exists and binds us, especially us who were never under the Law?

And note, by Law here I (and the quotations I have given) are referring to the Law that was given to the Israelites as their legal code under the Sinai (Mosaic) Covenant.

Tweetie

Jun 22, 2017
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You people" is rude? Didn't Jesus Christ say,

No where in scripture will you ever read that the "Law of Moses" has been abolished (for I have read everything, and if you think you have found one, then it is either mistranslated or you a misinterpreting it), for even the Lord said, "I did not come to abolish the Law..." and "the Law will not disappear until heaven and earth vanishes", so then rest assured, this Law that you say is abolished has not been abolished. Not only does this law include what you call "moral law", but other commands like, "a man must not wear women's clothing", "you must not have tattoos", "love God with all your heart", "do not withhold from giving to the poor among you". Tell me, do you suppose of these commands have been abolished, according to you? The only commands of the Law that have changed, in how anyone in the new covenant observes them, are "shadow commands", which are identified as festivals, sabbaths, new moons, abstaining from foods, circumcision.... which are no longer observed because these particular commands were foreshadows of greater realities found in Jesus Christ, and by observing the realities then do the requirements of these commands become fulfilled, hence why Jesus Christ said, "I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill".

Thinking that the Law is abolished will lead you to a path to destruction, because you are essentially discarding the commands of God, which will cause you to be disobedient, not knowing that it is the Law that reveals everything that is sin. Whilst deliverance does not come by works of Law, neither does disobedience. At some point, you must come into complete obedience of the Law, which is what becoming "blameless" means, which Noah was called blameless, and Abraham, and even Paul spoke of himself as "blameless", that you may then receive the seal of the holy spirit, which circumcises your heart, which discards you of your sinful nature, and therein comes deliverance, by being born again of the Spirit. If you never attain this, you do not belong to Jesus Christ.

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. (Romans 8:9 [NIV])

And you are worse off thinking the Law is abolished.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The command to abstain from blood was given 856 years before the Mosaic Law covenant in 1513 B.C.E., when Noah and his family exited from the ark after the global deluge. God told Noah and his offspring: "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you......Only flesh with its life - its blood - you must not eat".(Gen 9:3, 4)

At Leviticus 17, our Maker, Jehovah God told the nation of Israel: "If any man of the house of Israel or any foreigner who is residing in your midst eats any sort of blood, I will certainly set my face against the one who is eating the blood, and I will cut him off (put to death) from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself (as Creator, Jehovah has the right to set moral constraints on us as his creation, which includes the use of blood) have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it".(Lev 17:10, 11)

And at Acts 15, the apostles and older men in Jerusalem wrote for all the congregations: "For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: to keep abstaining (Greek apechomai meaning "to hold oneself off, i.e. refrain") from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled and from sexual immorality".(Acts 15:29)

Thus, the only proper use of blood is for atonement in God's eyes, use on the altar to atone for sin and not for blood transfusions that is advertised as "saving lives" and that only brings God's disapproval. Jesus said: "If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and keep following me. For whoever wants to save his life (such as through a blood transfusion that brings only a momentary extension of life at best) will lose it, but whoever loses his life (such as refusing to accept a blood transfusion because of carefully following God's prohibition on blood) for my sake will find it (receiving it back in the resurrection, John 5:28, 29)".(Matt 16:24, 25)

It is well known, especially in the medical field, that a blood transfusion is the same as eating it, being equal as when a person is intravenously fed. So "eating blood" is not just through the mouth but intravenously as well and will bring God's anger for such disrespectful action, treating blood as not sacred.

Tweetie

Jun 22, 2017
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ told us to drink His blood:

Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.'

From the Gospel of St. John, 6:53.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The rules laid down by the apostles in Acts 15 were a recommendation, not a command; they were to be observed not as necessary to salvation, but in the interests of good relationships between Jewish and Gentile believers.

Tweetie

Jun 22, 2017
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rules laid down by the apostles in Acts 15 were a recommendation, not a command; they were to be observed not as necessary to salvation, but in the interests of good relationships between Jewish and Gentile believers.

I'm thinking this Christian Forum discussion is a waste of time. The Eucharist is the Body, Blood and Divinity of Jesus Christ. Jesus told us to eat His body and drink His blood.

What are all of you worried about here? A rare steak?