The sin that dwells in us....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to keep the commandments of Jesus and abide in Him today. And do it again tomorrow, and the next day, and again and again until the end.
I'd even go so far as to say, concern yourself with trusting God for sanctification in the next 3 minutes, one of which just passed as I'm writing this. And repeat until we are done in this flesh.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth is that a Christian with a new birth is equivalent to a Jew with a natural birth.
The Jew who has only received natural birth is not the same as anyone who has been born from God, and is therefore a new creation, which the Jew, or anyone who has only received natural birth, is not.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But remember, your definitions still allow sins, as you call them sins not unto death. In saying we are completely free from sin, you mean only certain sins, those "sins unto death", while I don't divide sins into groups, I assert we have been made free from all sin, not just some, because we've equally been set free from our flesh, the source of sins.

Anything that falls short of God's glory, anything that does not specifically find it's origin in our faith in Jesus, Anything other than these is sin.

Yes, I agree, it is horrible to think about all those who feel so defeated that the feel like they will never be free! When they are free!

What about those who teach that even One sin shows that they don't even know Jesus! What does that communicate to those who do, and are in the way of sanctifiction?

A correct understanding of the flesh and the new creation, what these words mean that "it is No Longer I that sin, but the sin that lives in me", the correct understanding encompasses what we experience in life, and teaches us our freedom from the power of sin and the ravages of sin.

Much love!

1 John 1:7. Mark, as long as we walk in the Spirit we are free from sin. Jesus made that possible. The blood of Jesus continues to cleanse those trespasses. While we are walking in the Spirit we are loving and forgiving others making our own unknown sins cleansed. Jesus has done it all. We just have to stay there and endure to the end. Simple.

You are still quoting Romans 7:20! Why? Are you still under the law and have never known Christ? That's who that is talking about. It is right there in black and white, I'm not making anything up, I just believe Paul when he said he was free from sin. Romans 8:2

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it's not written that way.

Yes, it is, you just didn't read far enough. That is why I told you CONTEXT is more important than dissecting words.

Don't you know that all the false doctrines are from taking verses out of context? You bought right into it! Just read in context.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could there be some things that we might think is actually sin when it is not? For instance, when somebody hurts you or uses you and never repents, or admits it but continue to lie about it and, you (in general) have thoughts of arguing with them in your mind, and calling them things like...you are of your father, the devil, you kill steal and destroy!! Stuff like that. When this happens with me, and it does, I will get angry all over again...I know this hurts nobody BUT our own selves yet, I will repent of it and BEG God to give me the ability to honestly forgive them...in my heart. These things I believe take time and, God WILL deliver us from these thoughts as time goes by. I know there are sins, trespasses and such but...all of those too are sin to me. We are human and have lived in certain patterns that have not totally shed from us so, how DOES one stop these thoughts from slipping in, other than pray, of course.
I think the way we stop those thoughts from slipping in is the realize that God is within us to bring control into our lives, and to rely on Him to do that. And in that we find we have control.

I'm sure my brain is about as messed up as they come, and when my thoughts start to slip, as quickly as I recognize that is happening, I return my focus back to God, His presence with me, His love for me, His power within me. And all is well.

What used to obstruct me inside was the feeling of guilt knowing what my life is actually like.

This idea that we will be completely free from all occurance of sin in this life, while in these bodies, I do not find in Scripture. I've not yet come across anyone who claims to be sinless, and that I find actually is. @CharismaticLady teaches sinlessness, but then doesn't include some sins in her definition of sin. Others imply sinlessness, while showing sinfulness.

I don't know that we really understand God's real standard of faith working through love, and how radically different this whole Christian life is than a scorecard for rulekeeping.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It's just an odd thing when you think about it, isn't it? I used to think Satan rebelled, was cast from Gods presence, God at some point came to that place of casting out and said, let there be light. So He just made even MORE beings that rebelled (Us).

But sometimes I wonder now if maybe we ourselves, the creation of us, IS what made Satan rebel. Because sibling rivalry is in us with no good explanation of WHY it is in us, unless it entered us through Satan's influence in us and the fall. Its actually the first story we hear after the fall - the firstborn going after the secondborn.

I have a photograph of myself as a baby in my crib. I'm laying on my stomach and above the top of my diaper there is a huge, angry bite mark in which you can see every tooth imprint of my sister's mouth where she bit me, before I could even walk! That's not God in my 2 year old sister. God didn't put that there.

I've come to think that Satan's sin was envy, when he realized that men, not angels were being created to be with God as His family, and that the angels, him included, were to serve us to make that happen.
!
these also reflect what happens in each of us, who are really "two" if you will, or both iow; those "angels" represent spirits, right? we personify them, but that really isnt right, there is no "person" there? rather we manifest spirits
maybe

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think the way we stop those thoughts from slipping in is the realize that God is within us to bring control into our lives, and to rely on Him to do that. And in that we find we have control.
unfort Scripture seems to support that in the end most are deceived?
This idea that we will be completely free from all occurance of sin in this life, while in these bodies, I do not find in Scripture.
Be perfect as I am perfect?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is, you just didn't read far enough. That is why I told you CONTEXT is more important than dissecting words.

Don't you know that all the false doctrines are from taking verses out of context? You bought right into it! Just read in context.
Your accusation are misplaced, and let's just stick to the passages and not get personal please.

You know that context is determined by words of course. If our understanding of context forces us to overturn the meanings of certain words, shouldn't that tell us we need to look more carefully?

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What used to obstruct me inside was the feeling of guilt knowing that my life is actually like.

Help me understand this statement. Did you feel guilty, and then learned doctrine to excuse your sinfulness? I just don't know if you still feel that way, or what.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your accusation are misplaced, and let's just stick to the passages and not get personal please.

You know that context is determined by words of course. If our understanding of context forces us to overturn the meanings of certain words, shouldn't that tell us we need to look more carefully?

Much love!

How can I not think that is what you are doing when you quote Romans 8:20 but don't see the conclusion Romans 8:2? You are still standing on Romans 8:20 and won't budge from that spot! Does it say what you want to hear? And how can I not be personal when I care about you?

And exactly what "word" are you dissecting? I forget. I hope it is not the business of present tense making Paul over 1300 years old. It just a Hebrew writing style for teaching. The apostles were Jewish, not English. You can't use are rules of writing on them, but study their writing styles and look through that lens.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks I've been on this computer since I got up, and need to have my first cup of tea of the day. Please focus on Romans 8 and lets talk again. BFN

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Help me understand this statement. Did you feel guilty, and then learned doctrine to excuse your sinfulness? I just don't know if you still feel that way, or what.
Christians commit sins, and then think this disqualifies them from receiving from God. But they could not be further from the truth! Undertanding justification, and a new creation frees us from feelings of condemnation which work against our faith, and push us into walking according to the flesh.

As there is no condemnation to those that are in Christ, immersed into His death and burial and resurrection, there is no condemnation. So feelings of condemnation are not from the new creation, they are from the flesh. And we should not, as you say, buy into that.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As there is no condemnation to those that are in Christ

Who walk by the Spirit and not after the flesh.

IOW, if we walk after the flesh we ARE condemned, because the power of the Spirit of Jesus is not in us. Our desires are not born again.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So then any sin costs you your eternal life?

Sin that leads to death is any sin that takes you away from God's presence. Of course very few have ever experienced that kind of walk so they wouldn't know what sins that pertains to...since they are already absent from the Lord's presence.

Reactions: faithfulness