The Sinners Prayer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply brother! All true but I fall short with fellowship as, there are no church's near me that I will attend. :( I've been searching for years and went to three over the years only to find their doctrines to be some thing I could not sit under hence, no real fellowship. Actually 4 churchs. One was Calvanist and very cold. I do not at all agree with their doctrines and made not one good friend there, stayed for 3 years too trying to rise above but, was not a fulfilling place. Another was WAY to big and even their small groups were robotic with already written out questions and "correct" answers. Tried two of them and they dwindled down to like three people so, they did not go so well.
Two other church's (the last two I tried) were too liberal for me and they "winked" at sin so, they both were short lived. We have a Catholic church on just about every corner...I am living in the Catholic capitol of Buffalo Ny, lol. So, I simply pray for Him to send me good Christian friends :)
Try here. Non denominational, 100% scriptural based

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try here. Non denominational, 100% scriptural based

Funny thing. When The Lord works so fast sometimes and so slow for His perfect reasonings!
Over the past week, I now have 3 different VERY biblical, and ONLY biblical teachings on facetime-Sunday's, Thursdays and Fridays. Several old friends of mine have become Christians over the last several years and it is all answer to prayer. My outlook is much brighter! And, since I will be (God willing) moving into my new house in a different area and there are already several church's there as well as many volunteer opportunities!
I'm thinking of starting my own pantry, or soup kitchen! When all is settled! Also want to hold bible studies and just plain fellowship days or evenings.
Don't worry, lol...my mother drilled into our heads to be sure that anyone you listen to is biblical, be a Berean! Takes all the nonsense out and leaves pure God breathed words to our hearts and minds, amen!
God bless you and yours.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fall short with fellowship as, there are no church's near me that I will attend.
Precious friend, yes, some of us are stranded from fellowship, but there may be hope:

Please Be Very Richly Encouraged And Edified In The
Lord Jesus Christ And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided ( I and II ). PG rated "Approved" *
↑ If this kind of study is of interest to you, ↑

then email BereanBibleSociety, and they may be able to
help find a church or small study group in your area. Amen.

Grace, Peace, Mercy And Love

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, yes, some of us are stranded from fellowship, but there may be hope:

Please Be Very Richly Encouraged And Edified In The
Lord Jesus Christ And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided ( I and II ). PG rated "Approved" *
↑ If this kind of study is of interest to you, ↑

then email BereanBibleSociety, and they may be able to
help find a church or small study group in your area. Amen.

Grace, Peace, Mercy And Love

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance

View attachment 36682
Thank you,
Our God is SO big :)

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny thing. When The Lord works so fast sometimes and so slow for His perfect reasonings!
Over the past week, I now have 3 different VERY biblical, and ONLY biblical teachings on facetime-Sunday's, Thursdays and Fridays. Several old friends of mine have become Christians over the last several years and it is all answer to prayer. My outlook is much brighter! And, since I will be (God willing) moving into my new house in a different area and there are already several church's there as well as many volunteer opportunities!
I'm thinking of starting my own pantry, or soup kitchen! When all is settled! Also want to hold bible studies and just plain fellowship days or evenings.
Don't worry, lol...my mother drilled into our heads to be sure that anyone you listen to is biblical, be a Berean! Takes all the nonsense out and leaves pure God breathed words to our hearts and minds, amen!
God bless you and yours.
Look for the church that resembles the bible. Not all so called churches are the same nor do they all strictly adhere to the word of God. See Titus and 1 Tim for clues to church organization and hierarchy. And of utmost importance, they must teach truth and be focused on saving souls.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a rote sinners prayer in the bible.

And I think for good reason. Ours is a unique personal one on one relationship with God.

Also, the image of Jesus at the door, behold I stand at the door and knock? There is no doorknob on Jesus' side of the door.

No one comes to Jesus unless the Father calls, leads, them. Jesus knocks on our door that only we are able to open.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look for the church that resembles the bible. Not all so called churches are the same nor do they all strictly adhere to the word of God. See Titus and 1 Tim for clues to church organization and hierarchy. And of utmost importance, they must teach truth and be focused on saving souls.
Yes, all taught decades ago by my sweet, kind, gentle God fearing mother...she was very serious about this and all my siblings know very well asd, we have visited false church's before, thank you!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://mainstchurchofchristbuffalony.com

I think there are other congregations there too
As I will be moving to a whole other area very soon (God willing) the search for a church in the coity is no longer on my list, lol. I'm not big on driving on the country roads, especially at night. There are Bible studies on some nights that I know of but, always at night and on roads I find hard to see at night, and not just a few minute drive.
Thanks for your share and Lord, bless DJ and his loved ones, amen.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God bless you and yours.
Nancy, I'm so happy to see good things happening for you! :Zek:

• Love
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy