The Sons Of God: The Lineage Of Godly Men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Pariah,what you just posted dos'nt make sense,as Chris pointed out flesh men do not hang out with satan.With that said I will leave this alone as it could be for your own good that you can't see the truth.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
PariahSo what need of angels to present themselves to the Lord? They are perfect.
Revelation 12:9; And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."Had too leave you with that.

SummaScriptura

Dec 12, 2008
By His grace, the subject of the sons of God being of the lineage of godly men shall be addressed so as to ward off any false teachings regarding the angels (fallen or otherwise) mingling with the daughters of men.
Just one itty-bitty problem with your assertion...

Your view did not become popular until sometime after 70 AD. During the time of Christ and prior, when the Jews who wrote and preserved the Old Testament Scriptures were the only interpreters of those Scriptures the universallly held interpretation of Genesis 6:1-4, was as follows… the angels, the heavenly sons of God, also known as Watchers, lusted after the daughters of mankind and conspired to break God's law; they left their assigned abode in heaven, to take human wives and have children. They defiled themselves by sexual relations with women in order to beget children who turned out to be gigantic and monstrous. This was the unified Jewish understanding from the period of 2nd-Temple Judaism and earlier.

One is stricken with the sheer lack of controversy among early Jewish writers on this point. In fact, I have not yet found an example from the writings of the period of 2nd-Temple Judaism in which some writer disagrees with the Watcher/Nephilim saga, though many controversies can be seen concerning other matters.

Copyright © 2006-2012, R.I. Burns All rights reserved.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It's a setup for today's rebellious generation why many cannot fathom what some angels did in the time of Noah as per Gen.6 and the Book of Jude, to produce a hybrid offspring of giants.

It's not difficult to consider just who would be against those Scriptures as written, and instead try to pass the events of Noah's day off as some bunch of bullies that were creating problems on the earth which would cause God to bring a flood to wipe them out. Bullies have existed since after that flood and God still has not wiped them off this earth, yet. Had other bullies on earth even during the time when God commanded Israel to wipe the giants out. So why weren't those other bullies wiped out along with those giants too?

Men's doctrines, which many of them orgiinate from Satan's own servants here on earth, will always sound foolish in comparison with the written Word of God. Their inconsistencies in comparison to Holy Writ will always be easy to discover. That's why they have no evidence against what the fallen angels of Gen.6 did with mating with the flesh daughters of men. It's also how one can know a doctrine is coming from men or the devil himself. It will only involve an attempted appeal to how life on earth has been according to their materialistic and philosophical reasonings instead of heeding Holy Writ as written.

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
The sons of Yahweh and the hosts of Heaven are all the same thing; they are the created angels of Yahweh. I’ll not embellish on the following scriptures because I think they speak for themselves.

Job 1:6-7 ESV Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. (7) The LORD said to Satan, "From where have you come?" Satan answered the LORD and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it."

JOB 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. 2 And the LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the LORD and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it." (NKJV)

JOB 38:4 "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, 5 Who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it? 6 On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone, 7 When the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" (NASU)

Deu 32:8 Brenton When the Most High divided the nations, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the nations according to the number of the angels of God.

DEUTERONOMY 32:8 When the Most High made allotment of the world unto the nations which proceeded from the sons of Noach, in the separation of the writings and languages of the children of men at the time of the division, He cast the lot among the seventy angels, the princes of the nations with whom is the revelation to oversee the city, even at that time He established the limits of the nations according to the sum of the number of the seventy souls of Israel who went down into Mizraim [Egypt]. (Targum Pseudo-Jonathan, translated by J.W. Etheridge)

II CHRONICLES 18:18 Then Micaiah said, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing on His right hand and His left. 19 And the LORD said, 'Who will persuade Ahab king of Israel to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?' So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner. 20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, and said, 'I will persuade him.' The LORD said to him, 'In what way?' 21 "So he said, 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And the Lord said, 'You shall persuade him and also prevail; go out and do so.' 22 Therefore look! The LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these prophets of yours, and the LORD has declared disaster against you." (NKJV)

NEHEMIAH 9:5 . . . "Stand up and bless the LORD your God forever and ever! Blessed be Your glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise! 6 You alone are the LORD; You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and everything on it, the seas and all that is in them, and You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You." (NKJV)

JEREMIAH 19:13 "And the houses of Jerusalem and the houses of the kings of Judah shall be defiled like the place of Tophet, because of all the houses on whose roofs they have burned incense to all the host of heaven, and poured out drink offerings to other gods." (NKJV)
II KINGS 17:15 And they [Israel and Judah] rejected His statutes and His covenant that He had made with their fathers, and His testimonies which He had testified against them; they followed idols, became idolaters, and went after the nations who were all around them, concerning whom the LORD had charged them that they should not do like them. 16 So they left all the commandments of the LORD their God, made for themselves a molded image and two calves, made a wooden image and worshiped all the host of heaven, and served Baal. (NKJV)

II KINGS 21:3 For he [Manasseh] rebuilt the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; he raised up altars for Baal, and made a wooden image, as Ahab king of Israel had done; and he worshiped all the host of heaven and served them. 4 He also built altars in the house of the LORD, of which the LORD had said, "In Jerusalem I will put My name." 5 And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD. 6 Also he made his son pass through the fire, practiced soothsaying, used witchcraft, and consulted spiritists and mediums. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke Him to anger. (NKJV)

GENESIS 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." (NIV)

PSALM 82:1 {A Psalm of Asaph.} God has taken His place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods He holds judgment: 2 "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Selah 3 Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. 4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked." 5 They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken. 6 I say, "You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you; 7 nevertheless, you shall die like men, and fall like any prince." 8 Arise, O God, judge the earth; for to Thee belong all the nations! (RSV)

DANIEL 10:5 I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, a certain man clothed in linen, whose waist was girded with gold of Uphaz! 6 His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like torches of fire, his arms and feet like burnished bronze in color, and the sound of his words like the voice of a multitude. . . . 12 Then he said to me, "Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia. (NKJV)

DANIEL 8:10 And it [the little horn] grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host [Yeshua, cf. Eph. 1:21; Col. 2:10; I Pet. 3:22]; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. (NKJV)

The world is currently ruled over by angelic principalities and powers that Yahweh gave authority over the nations. Just as the nations over which they rule, these mighty spirits have often chosen to go against the will of God. In choosing not to submit to God's authority, they have become the enemies of Yahweh and His chosen people. Eventually, the rebellion of these wicked spirits will lead to their judgment and punishment. The Messiah, the ruler of the sons of God on the divine council, will triumph over them at his second coming and will rule the nations according to the will of Yahweh.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

SummaScriptura

Dec 12, 2008
<snip>The world is currently ruled over by angelic principalities and powers that Yahweh gave authority over the nations. Just as the nations over which they rule, these mighty spirits have often chosen to go against the will of God. In choosing not to submit to God's authority, they have become the enemies of Yahweh and His chosen people. Eventually, the rebellion of these wicked spirits will lead to their judgment and punishment. The Messiah, the ruler of the sons of God on the divine council, will triumph over them at his second coming and will rule the nations according to the will of Yahweh. In Yeshua Messiah, Bob
Agreed.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
Did not God created Satan?

I wonder to.

Who is Satan?

Jude 1:6 - And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Since the word denotes also man than the Levite rebellion of Korah is referred to. Scriptures doesn’t mention fallen angels.

The mail human passes the seed whereby 23 mail chromosomes combine with 23 female chromosomes in composing a child.

The heavenly angels are spirits who do not marry (do not become one flesh in a sexual intercourse).

Thus the idea that the heavenly angels became one flesh with human females in sexual intercourse is....well, just another fable.

God created all souls at the same time ...

Really?

What is a soul?

Do you know what SOS means?

Revelation 12:9; And the great dragon...,.

Who is he?

Can you find answer in Re 12:3?

Yahweh...

This is a man-made name tag of God.

It was assumed that YHWH is God's name.

The confusion steams up from the difference between what the "onoma" meant and what it means today.

Thus God changed "names" of people in the past.