The Spirit of Grief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friends!
Thanks for those who expressed concern about my father. He's out of t he hospital but he has a serious Staph infection so prayers are very appreciated!!

This week, we're talking about the Spirit of Grief (YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes). Grief isn't just the loss of a loved one. We can grieve over any number of things (finances, unfulfilled dreams, failed relationships, wrongs that have been committed against us, the loss of years, etc. If any of you are anywhere near my age, you know what I'm talking about when it comes to years! How many times do we long for times past. For some, that longing is a form of grief.
Grief should be for a season, not not a lifetime. When my grandmother, the dearest person in my life and the woman who raised me, died I grieved for her terribly for over TEN YEARS. I had so much guilt and sorrow. Thank God I found deliverance through Christ and I hope to share that with anyone who is hurting right now. Deliverance ministry is very near to my heart.

If you are experiencing grief in any form (and who isn't these days), give it a listen or share it with someone who is going through a loss.

God bless you wonderful people!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Misty,
I'm praying for your dad, happy he is out of the hospital , not so much the staph.. :(

To me, any loss anymore is grief, a death of something/one can turn our worlds upside down lightning fast.

Do not know your age but, I do know about lost time, wasted years etc. and that is one thing God will never give us back - those precious moments and years we could have, should have would have... TIME.

I've read somewhere on a meme something like:
"Grief is not a place to stay but, a place to go through and, the price of love is grief"

I am happy you have been delivered from all of that. Guilt and sorrow, regrets are plentiful but, looking ahead rather than backwards seems the way to go.

Welcome to the forum @Misty Williams and, I will give a listen.

Reactions: Misty Williams

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Misty,
I'm praying for your dad, happy he is out of the hospital , not so much the staph.. :(
Thank you! He has an appointment this morning. I'm believing that the Lord will take care of him and he'll have deliverance from infection and diabetes!

To me, any loss anymore is grief, a death of something/one can turn our worlds upside down lightning fast.
Thanks! Someone replied to our YouTube video that you can't grieve over anything but the loss of someone. Everything else is bitterness, etc.

[QUOTE="Nancy, post: 1365855, member: 7830"
Do not know your age but, I do know about lost time, wasted years etc. and that is one thing God will never give us back - those precious moments and years we could have, should have would have... TIME.

"Grief is not a place to stay but, a place to go through and, the price of love is grief"

[/QUOTE]
I'm 53, so I am very aware of grieving lost years. I also went through pretty bad financial issues in my life (before I came back to the Lord and when I was going through liver disease very badly). I wasn't bitter, or resentful, I was just sad and grieved by what I had lost! But thank goodness we have a Father is is MORE THAN ENOUGH and is more than capable of giving us beauty for our ashes!

Thank you SO much for such a thoughtful reply! It really warms my heart when someone takes the time to listen to the messages and give feedback (I appreciate even the ones who disagree lol).
Bless your heart!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you! He has an appointment this morning. I'm believing that the Lord will take care of him and he'll have deliverance from infection and diabetes!

Thanks! Someone replied to our YouTube video that you can't grieve over anything but the loss of someone. Everything else is bitterness, etc.

I'm 53, so I am very aware of grieving lost years. I also went through pretty bad financial issues in my life (before I came back to the Lord and when I was going through liver disease very badly). I wasn't bitter, or resentful, I was just sad and grieved by what I had lost! But thank goodness we have a Father is is MORE THAN ENOUGH and is more than capable of giving us beauty for our ashes!

Thank you SO much for such a thoughtful reply! It really warms my heart when someone takes the time to listen to the messages and give feedback (I appreciate even the ones who disagree lol).
Bless your heart![/QUOTE]
Hi @Misty Williams I think of Isaiah 48.10: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction".

The point being, not to evade the furnace of affliction at all costs, but to know that we are chosen, even in the midst of it.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bless your heart![/QUOTE]

Praise God He got you through that time Misty, thank you for sharing!
And financial tough times can be such a worry without Him, amen!
xo