The Stunning Implications Of Matthew 25:31:46

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. That's what's so shocking. The entire emphasis is on "Did you help My brethren? If so, you helped Me."

What you got against sisters, LoL.
The sister thing was a funny. Scriptural emphasis on men. Not against you. Pointing out that Christ had a target audience and special intent and it was aimed at the Jews

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What concerns me about this thought is . . .

2 Thessalonians 2
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I wonder about this idea that people will see the rapture and be saved, or thoughts like this. It seems to me that anyone who's heard the Gospel and rejected it may not have another opportunity.

Much love!

I don't think there will be many--maybe just those who are "liberal" Christians who have failed to hear the gospel in their churches. I "believed" in Jesus from the time I was a child but I never heard the truth of the full gospel until I was an adult. I even spent time being a deist/agnostic in university, before becoming a true believer, after hearing the truth.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because it is not mentioned does not mean that it is absent. Many things are IMPLIED in Scripture.

Here is what is said to the righteous ones: Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

We know that it was Jesus who said that the New Birth is imperative in order to see and enter into the Kingdom of God (John 3:3,5). And we also know from Scripture that it is by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ that sinners are born again (John 1:12,13). So it is implied that these on the right hand believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and had been born again.

Now here's something to work with, and thanks for the post. The real nuts and bolts here is trying to discern how and by what means they would come to recognize Christ as not only Lord, but Savior, and it is clear from your quoted verse that they would have to at some point. But the interesting thing is that this event apparently happens after His return, since again, His judgment upon them isn't based upon their having believed in Him as Savior but for having helped those who did... One could say they believed after the rapture of the church, but this would become their justification. I think it suggests that justification by faith was there in their hearts all along for having chosen the good over the evil even when the church was still present. But it would take the return of the Lord and the establishment of His kingdom on earth before they made the determination to give their lives fully to Him, and have sought the forgiveness of their sins by the time they stood before Him...

Again, it goes back to the power of the conscience, and whether a man chooses to listen to it or not. Those guided by it will find their way to the Lord, to the truth, to salvation by grace, and to forgiveness. Those who don't never will.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sister thing was a funny. Scriptural emphasis on men. Not against you. Pointing out that Christ had a target audience and special intent and it was aimed at the Jews

Pulled a fast one on me, aye!

Don't do that... terrible things happen when a total breakdown in communication takes place, LoL.

baseball-swing-fail.gif

Reactions: Grailhunter

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And this is wronger than wrong. You are denying the reality of the physical and visible Second Coming of Christ with power and great glory and making Christ a liar. His first coming was about 2,000 years ago. His Second Coming is AFTER the Great Tribulation.

You are quick to say that someone is *in the flesh* and *speculating* when he is properly interpreting Scripture. But what do we call those who make God and Christ liars?

In addition, Jesus said that the people on the earth would NOT have to be told that He has come--that it would be as obvious as lightning in the sky. If what Scott A. says is true, those on the earth would need to be told because no one can see a spirit.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In addition, Jesus said that the people on the earth would NOT have to be told that He has come--that it would be as obvious as lightning in the sky. If what Scott A. says is true, those on the earth would need to be told because no one can see a spirit.

I'm sure Scott also has a spiritualized interpretation of "as lighting from the East to the West," but if I could, that one would get a double like, LoL : )

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These righteous ones would have helped the Lord's brethren during the tribulation, at a time when they were NOT brethren or they would have been taken with Him into Heaven

Hello Hidden,

Who are the Lord's brethren that they helped, if all His brethren had been taken to heaven prior to their (the sheeps) helping them?

Perhaps the rapture does not happen as early and/or in the manner you expect?

Following the conversation with interest!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Don't do that... terrible things happen when a total breakdown in communication takes place, LoL.

baseball-swing-fail.gif

Oh gosh--I hope it was a hollow bat. (The mother in me forced me to say that. The skulls of children are thinner than those of adults and they are especially vulnerable in the temple area.)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the rapture does not happen as early and/or in the manner you expect?

Following the conversation with interest!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Thank you for the post, Phillip.
Yes, well I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, so if you have any specifics you'd like to share, please feel free, LoL.

When do you think the rapture will take place? (I suppose we can open the discussion up to things like that at this point). <grimace>

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh gosh--I hope it was a hollow bat. (The mother in me forced me to say that. The skulls of children are thinner than those of adults and they are especially vulnerable in the temple area.)

Probably. The one with the bat didn't seem too worried, cuz he went to pick up the ball instead of worrying too much about his brother. Casualties are all part of the game.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

baseball-swing-fail.gif

Notice that the brother is totally unconcerned that he clobbered his brother. Only cares about retrieving the ball.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Hidden in Him,

Let me know how this sounds to you . . .

The gathering of the nations in the prophecy of the Sheep and Goats judgment comes when Jesus takes His millennial throne.
The gathering of the chosen (Israelites) happens immediately after the great tribulation when Jesus returns.
If the Israelites are all gathered immediately after the great tribulation, and the sheep are separated according to how they treated the Israelites, then when does that said treatment occur?

Much love!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for the post, Phillip.
Yes, well I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, so if you have any specifics you'd like to share, please feel free, LoL.

When do you think the rapture will take place? (I suppose we can open the discussion up to things like that at this point). <grimace>

I dont think my opinions on this passage would be well recieved by many, so to avoid derailing your thread completely I'll stick to exploring your understanding for now, if I may...

So if you can explain who you think the brethren the sheep helped are, that would be helpful.. ;)

But to answer your question on timing:
'at the last trump'

1Cor 15:52

Peace!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Hidden in Him,

Let me know how this sounds to you . . .

The gathering of the nations in the prophecy of the Sheep and Goats judgment comes when Jesus takes His millennial throne.
The gathering of the chosen (Israelites) happens immediately after the great tribulation when Jesus returns.
If the Israelites are all gathered immediately after the great tribulation, and the sheep are separated according to how they treated the Israelites, then when does that said treatment occur?

Much love!

You're losing me, LoL. Give me a second to try and catch up to that...
Just because it is not mentioned does not mean that it is absent. Many things are IMPLIED in Scripture.

Here is what is said to the righteous ones: Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

We know that it was Jesus who said that the New Birth is imperative in order to see and enter into the Kingdom of God (John 3:3,5). And we also know from Scripture that it is by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ that sinners are born again (John 1:12,13). So it is implied that these on the right hand believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and had been born again.

I think it's clear evidence that justification cannot be by faith alone, for even when they fulfilled acts of righteousness according to conscience while still yet not being believers, these same acts served as the basis for their being deemed worthy of that grace, and the kingdom prepared for those who loved God.

Salvation by grace, but a grace they had proven themselves worthy of by the risks they took for the sake of His brethren.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you can explain who you think the brethren the sheep helped are, that would be helpful.. ;)

Well, the entire body of believers who go up in the rapture, aside from the believing Jews who remain on earth, and are led into the wilderness where they are protected by God in Revelation 12:14-17.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes.

Not immediately, but Yes.

This loses me still. My belief is that the 144,000 (at the very least) will remain on earth until the Lord's return in power, as a witness that He never forsook His people Israel but preserved them on earth against the power of Satan. So there would always be a Jewish remnant here on earth until His return to establish His kingdom.

Does this answer your question, or no?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, the entire body of believers who go up in the rapture, aside from the believing Jews who remain on earth, and are led into the wilderness where they are protected by God form Satan's wrath in Revelation 12:14-17.

Ok, so if the believing Jews are being protected and all the belivers have been raptured, who does the dragon go to war against?

And the dragon waxed wroth with the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, that keep the commandments of God, and hold the testimony of Jesus:

Now to answer your question in your first post

Does it not demonstrate the importance God ultimately places on our actions where salvation is concerned?

Certainly!

Peace!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Not immediately, but Yes.

This loses me still. My belief is that the 144,000 (at the very least) will remain on earth until the Lord's return in power, as a witness that He never forsook His people Israel but preserved them on earth against the power of Satan. So there would always be a Jewish remnant here on earth until His return to establish His kingdom.

Does this answer your question, or no?

Ready for me to uncork the bottle?