The Stunning Implications Of Matthew 25:31:46

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

That's something God did regarding Job. Satan thought he was the better judge of man. God proved otherwise.

Much love!
I'm thinking that Mrs Google's spell check altered the meaning of my post. What I meant was God has allowed Satan to prove himself as the better ruler over earth. It is God's character and reputation at stake here, not ours. The only way by which the idea that Satan has made the default position for all mankind, that God cannot be trusted... That He is selfish... That His law is arbitrary and cannot be obeyed... Therefore Satan's method of rule, that we can choose for ourselves what is right and wrong, needs to be proved wrong, and this has this far taken 6000 years and still mankind is not convinced that God's ways are right and just. We know this because man is still totally self absorbed and uninterested in doing things God's way. His authority is rejected... We shall not have this man to rule over us... Is the current catch cry still, even after Calvary. What's more, even God's own people reject His law and His authority and make up their own ideas as to what is right and wrong. But God will have a people who use scripture and the scripture only as their benchmark for faith and practice. And God shall, through them, reveal that His laws can, with His help and through His strength be obeyed and His ways are truly just and right. The just still shall live by faith, and bring glory to their Maker.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking that Mrs Google's spell check altered the meaning of my post. What I meant was God has allowed Satan to prove himself as the better ruler over earth. It is God's character and reputation at stake here, not ours. The only way by which the idea that Satan has made the default position for all mankind, that God cannot be trusted... That He is selfish... That His law is arbitrary and cannot be obeyed... Therefore Satan's method of rule, that we can choose for ourselves what is right and wrong, needs to be proved wrong, and this has this far taken 6000 years and still mankind is not convinced that God's ways are right and just. We know this because man is still totally self absorbed and uninterested in doing things God's way. His authority is rejected... We shall not have this man to rule over us... Is the current catch cry still, even after Calvary. What's more, even God's own people reject His law and His authority and make up their own ideas as to what is right and wrong. But God will have a people who use scripture and the scripture only as their benchmark for faith and practice. And God shall, through them, reveal that His laws can, with His help and through His strength be obeyed and His ways are truly just and right. The just still shall live by faith, and bring glory to their Maker.

I see this more that satan became envious when he realized that even with all his power and glory, the angels were only created to serve, both to serve God, and, Oh My! to serve them? Those . . . things . . . you just made from dirt?? And you are planning what???

No . . . not them . . . I want to become like you! Not them! I want to sit in your council! Not them, I!!! I!!!

And ever since . . . "not them!"

Just my thoughts.

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is where it gets interesting: If that is the case, then these sheep and goats are people who survived the tribulation period between when He returned and caught away His saints and when He later returned in power with the angels of His glory to destroy the Antichrist and his armies at the battle of Armageddon. These are people who were not raptured, yet will nevertheless inherit eternal life for having helped His people during the time of the tribulation.

Belief on men's theory of a pre-trib rapture is one of the problems creating your confusion about this Matthew 25 passage.

It is about Jesus' 2nd coming when He will sit upon the throne of David promised Him. The "sheep" represent His Church, all His Church, that He brings with Him to Jerusalem on that last day of this present world. This statement in red below shows you His sheep there is about His Church...

Matt 25:34
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

KJV

Ephesians 1:4-6 reveals those, so does Revelation 13:8 which is about Christ's elect who will not be deceived by the coming Antichrist/false Messiah.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Yes, God knows. But does everyone else? And is that important, that everyone knows? Yes, because the whole controversy over sin, the rebellion of Lucifer, and our side in the controversy, goes deeper than simply being about us. When Lucifer rebelled in heaven, he cast doubt on God's character. He lied, slandered, deceived, and one third of the angels and ALL mankind believed him. That is why God did not simply squash Lucifer on the spot but allowed things to play out. What is essential is for all creation to be at peace regarding God's character.. To remove all doubt. Vindication of God and the methods and ways He had dealt with the controversy is easy more important than you just being saved. That is why it isn't enough for just God to know.
Justice must not just be done, but SEEN to be done.
Well I too know God is right.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is no mention made of these righteous ones "believing on the Lord Jesus Christ," nor are they judged righteous on this basis. They are judged righteous on their deeds alone.

Interesting observation, and one that seems to parallel what is written in the Old Testament, no?

The likely reason here is because we today are saved by grace through faith. But faith in what? Faith in the belief that Jesus is the Son of God.

That's not what Paul says. Here's your quote in its entirety:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Note that he is not referring to faith in anything, but the faith OF Christ which is contrasted with "OF yourselves". It is Christ's faith. This idea that it is we who exercise our own faith contradicts what Paul is saying here. Here it is quite evident that Christ as Creator, creates within himself, and through himself a work of creation that has the sole purpose of doing good works.

the time for needing to have "faith" in this will be over. It will now be obvious, and faith in His divinity will no longer be in question.

We do not place our faith in his divinity. It is a Given that Christ is divine. We are placed in Christ according to God's will and purposes to live in them.

Faith is not something we need. Faith is given freely, and so abundantly that there can be no excuse for anyone who refuses it. It is pervasive, and ubiquitous, and yet no more than the faith found in a point of singularity is needed to create the universe.