The Teachings of the Kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The teachings of the kingdom (Millennial Kingdom—NC) have not been applied to any man. Since they anticipate the binding of Satan, a purified earth, the restoration of Israel and the personal reign of the King, they cannot be applied until God’s appointed time when these accompanying conditions on the earth have been brought to pass.

The kingdom laws will be addressed to Israel and beyond them to all the nations which will enter the kingdom (excluding the Church which will be reigning with Christ over the kingdom, which will involve Israel - Luk 22:30—NC). It will be the first and only universal reign of righteousness and peace in the history of the world. One nation was in view when the Law of Moses was in force on the earth; the individual is in view during this dispensation of grace; and the whole social order of mankind will be in view when the kingdom is established on the earth.

The reign of the King is never said to be ushered in by a gradual process of world improvement; it is introduced suddenly and with great violence. The return of the King to rule is like a smiting stone, and will demolish the structure of the world empires. Satan and the satanic deception will have been removed from the earth, Israel will have realized the glory of her Covenant; and the long-predicted blessing (eternity with the Father, Son and Spirit—NC) will have come upon all the Gentiles (and Christian Jews—NC), and upon creation itself (Rom 8:21).

The Church is not mentioned in relation to the teachings of the kingdom (it’s all earthly, esp. new earth—NC), nor are those teachings applied to her (Jhn 3:12, 31); for her part in the kingdom is not to be reined over, but to reign with Christ, her Head. She, being the Bride of the King, is His Consort. She will be under the heavenly teachings of grace, and her home will be in the bosom of the Bridegroom in the heavenly palace of the King (Father’s house of mansions - Jhn 14:2—NC).

The King will rule Israel and the nations with a rod of iron (Rev 2:27 – probably “breaking of rocky hearts in pieces at conversion.” J Gill). Sin and iniquity will be rebuked instantly and judged in perfect righteousness. Clear conception of the glory of the kingdom is lost if it is confused with the age of grace which precedes it, or with the sinless new heaven and new earth of the eternal state which follows it. The kingdom closes with a demonstration of the failure of man and thus it adds the last message of the converging testimony of the wickedness of the fallen heart, and to the fact that in the exceeding grace of God alone is there salvation.

If truth for the children of God under grace is to be drawn from the teachings of the Law of Moses, or the kingdom, it should be acknowledged that it is taken from a system totally foreign to grace (the kingdom is the time for judgement, like the Law that showed judgment, e.g. Rev 18, 19; grace will return after the condemning of the lost on the old earth (Rev 20:11-15), and the eternal new heaven and earth begin. Just my opinion—NC).

—L S Chafer

MJS daily devotional excerpt for March 2

“Faith does not create or produce, but rests and rejoices in what God does!” –MJS

“A great many people have the faith that seeks, but they have not a faith that rests. The Lord Jesus is here, rest in Him, let the burden go. ‘Lord, I trust Thee now; I abide in Thee now. Lord, as I think about my home problems, my business pressures, my personal difficulties in every sphere of life, I bring them all, and give them all to Thee.’ And believe that He keeps you. I am sure this rest of faith is the center of all activity.

“You cannot work without friction until you have this rest of faith—complete dependence not only on what the Lord has done, but on what He is to you this very moment. Rest in Him. ‘God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that ye always [not sometimes] having all sufficiency in all things, may abound unto every good work’ (2 Cor. 9:8).” –Eliza Hodges (1803-1867)

Reactions: Charlie24