The ten commandments ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
twinc said:
presumably He meant all the others but not the ten - can you prove that - twinc
I'm not the one presuming anything twinc. That seems to be your department.

You dodged the question so I think we can take it that you can't prove your assertion "when Jesus said keep my commandments He meant the tten He gave Moses". It was just an opinion on your part with no evidence to back it up.

And you still haven't answered my point that the "Ten Commandments" were Covenant Law for the old (Mosaic) covenant. As such they were abolished when the Mosaic Covenant was abolished. And moreover they were never given to gentiles. Jesus gave us a New Covenant which all can be a part of - Jews and Gentiles.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
I'm not the one presuming anything twinc. That seems to be your department.

You dodged the question so I think we can take it that you can't prove your assertion "when Jesus said keep my commandments He meant the tten He gave Moses". It was just an opinion on your part with no evidence to back it up.

And you still haven't answered my point that the "Ten Commandments" were Covenant Law for the old (Mosaic) covenant. As such they were abolished when the Mosaic Covenant was abolished. And moreover they were never given to gentiles. Jesus gave us a New Covenant which all can be a part of - Jews and Gentiles.
The law was replaced by grace because God saw that no man could keep the law. The law condemned everyone that broke it and since all men broke it the law was replaced by God's grace.

Gal 3:2-3
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
NKJV

Everyone must answer verse 3 above.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
twinc said:
wrong again - Jesus said 'keep my commandments' - a commandment is a command but a command is not a commandment at least not one or more of ten - twinc
And I've already destroyed that ignorant claim - TWICE.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
twinc said:
presumably He meant all the others but not the ten - can you prove that - twinc
I already did - and obliterated your weak argument . . .

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
H. Richard said:
The law was replaced by grace because God saw that no man could keep the law. The law condemned everyone that broke it and since all men broke it the law was replaced by God's grace.
This is a bit off topic, but grace did not replace the Law (assuming you mean the Mosaic Law). They have different functions.

Salvation has always been by grace.

Moreover although the Mosaic Law was abolished, there is still Law. We are not law less.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

Gal 3:2-3
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
NKJV

Everyone must answer verse 3 above.

you are turning salvation into damnation viz love your enemies but lie, steal and kill - the sins that you did not commit are forgiven you - it seems you just have not taken [The Good Test] via google - according to the Bible and God you are not at all the new spotless sinless born again creation indwelt, inspired and guided by the H/S - really check it out it is vital you do so - start by googling [Hell's best kept secret] and also the unholy spirit/kingdom within most humans viz hot temper, burning anger, fiery feelings, scalding jjealousy etc - twinc