The thread that has no rules...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Who is Melchizedek (Hebrew) / Melchisedec (Greek) . He is the King of the Zadok.

H4442
מלכּי־צדק
malkı̂y-tsedeq
mal-kee-tseh'-dek
From H4428 and H6664; king of right; Malki-Tsedek, an early king in Palestine: - Melchizedek.

H4428
מלך
melek
meh'-lek
From H4427; a king: - king, royal.

Who are the Zadok?

Eze 40:46 And the chamber whose prospect is toward the north is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the altar: these are the sons of Zadok among the sons of Levi, which come near to the LORD to minister unto him.

Eze 43:19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord GOD, a young bullock for a sin offering.

Eze 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:
Eze 44:16 They shall enter into my sanctuary, and they shall come near to my table, to minister unto me, and they shall keep my charge.

Eze 48:11 It shall be for the priests that are sanctified of the sons of Zadok (H6659) ; which have kept my charge, which went not astray when the children of Israel went astray, as the Levites went astray.

H6664
צדק
tsedeq
tseh'-dek
From H6663; the right (natural, moral or legal); also (abstractly) equity or (figuratively) prosperity: - X even, (X that which is altogether) just (-ice), ([un-]) right (-eous) (cause, -ly, -ness).

H6663
צדק
tsâdaq
tsaw-dak'
A primitive root; to be (causatively make) right (in a moral or forensic sense): - cleanse, clear self, (be, do) just (-ice, -ify, -ify self), (be, turn to) righteous (-ness).

H6659
צדוק
tsâdôq
tsaw-doke'
From H6663; just; Tsadok, the name of eight or nine Israelites: - Zadok.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
what are you saying?... I don't speak Spanish... haha

anchorman_ferrell.jpg

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Was Christ Mary's son? YES! Mary's mother was a Levite. Her sister was a Levite or she COULD NOT have married Zacharias. Read Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. READ THE SCRIPTURE! Read Hebrew, do you believe God or not.

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he (God) that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Heb 5:6 As he (GOD) saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

God said Christ was a PRIEST!

But you do not have to believe it, it's YOUR choice!

Angelina, Christ was not the son of Melchisedec. He was the Son of GOD and Mary! Do you know what the name Melchisedec means? God calls "a priest after the order of Melchisedec," so tell God He is wrong! Read ALL of Hebrews 7 not just a few verses out of context.

Still don't see any mention of Christ being a Levitical priest Tom. Got some more scripture?

Who is Melchizedek (Hebrew) / Melchisedec (Greek) . He is the King of the Zadok.

H4442
מלכּי־צדק
malkı̂y-tsedeq
mal-kee-tseh'-dek
From H4428 and H6664; king of right; Malki-Tsedek, an early king in Palestine: - Melchizedek.

H4428
מלך
melek
meh'-lek
From H4427; a king: - king, royal.

Who are the Zadok?

Eze 40:46 And the chamber whose prospect is toward the north is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the altar: these are the sons of Zadok among the sons of Levi, which come near to the LORD to minister unto him.

Eze 43:19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord GOD, a young bullock for a sin offering.

Eze 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:
Eze 44:16 They shall enter into my sanctuary, and they shall come near to my table, to minister unto me, and they shall keep my charge.

Eze 48:11 It shall be for the priests that are sanctified of the sons of Zadok (H6659) ; which have kept my charge, which went not astray when the children of Israel went astray, as the Levites went astray.

H6664
צדק
tsedeq
tseh'-dek
From H6663; the right (natural, moral or legal); also (abstractly) equity or (figuratively) prosperity: - X even, (X that which is altogether) just (-ice), ([un-]) right (-eous) (cause, -ly, -ness).

H6663
צדק
tsâdaq
tsaw-dak'
A primitive root; to be (causatively make) right (in a moral or forensic sense): - cleanse, clear self, (be, do) just (-ice, -ify, -ify self), (be, turn to) righteous (-ness).

H6659
צדוק
tsâdôq
tsaw-doke'
From H6663; just; Tsadok, the name of eight or nine Israelites: - Zadok.

Melchizedec is a Hebrew name meaning "the King of righteousness" or "my King is righteousness". Tom there is a difference between Zadoc and zedec, if you can't see the difference you may want to try some reading glasses.LOL
blink.gif

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Angelina, Christ was not the son of Melchisedec. He was the Son of GOD and Mary!
Honey...I didn't say he was...:huh:

my quote
We are not talking about natural lineage here but one that comes from God himself, just as Jesus was born by the Holy Spirit but had no earthly lineage because his father is God. Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:18-23

your quote
Do you know what the name Melchisedec means? God calls "a priest after the order of Melchisedec,"
Yes I do....I also have e-Sword..

so tell God He is wrong! Read ALL of Hebrews 7 not just a few verses out of context.
Please show me where I have quoted verses out of context...you have misinterpreted what I have said....

Jesus became the High Priest according to the Order of Melchizedek when he entered heaven Hebrews 6:19-20

Hebrews 9
11 But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. 12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, 14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

The Mediator’s Death Necessary
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives. 18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood. 19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, 20 saying, “This is the blood of the covenant which God has commanded you.” 21 Then likewise he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry. 22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.

Greatness of Christ’s Sacrifice
23 Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— 26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

I believe that Jesus fulfilled the law of Moses in every way but was about to surpass it through his death and resurrection. He then became the High Priest of the new covenant. Hebrews 9:18-27 This also mean't that the old Priesthood was also about to change. Hebrews 7:12

Blessings to you dear brother!

Robbie!...you sure are funny...:lol: Lol!

Bless ya!

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
So, the bible makes it pretty clear that there isn't going to be male and female partnerships under marriage in heaven. That being said, will there be some form of sex in heaven? (Might get us to the heated topic, can angels have sex?)

Not concerning sex; since we are the bride of Christ, and when I think bride and groom I think marriage, and when I think marriage, I think children. Does anyone think that there will be further free-will given creation similar to what we were that will be nurtured by Christ and the church (not necessarily through how we think of sexual reproduction) when this is all over?

Lastly, and this should be debated thoroughly in Judges 15:15-17.

Samson picked up the jawbone of a dead donkey. However, I find nowhere that it says there rest of the dead donkey wasn't still attached to that jawbone.

Any thoughts?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Still don't see any mention of Christ being a Levitical priest Tom. Got some more scripture?

Melchizedec is a Hebrew name meaning "the King of righteousness" or "my King is righteousness". Tom there is a difference between Zadoc and zedec, if you can't see the difference you may want to try some reading glasses.LOL

You will see, if you read it, both Hebrew words come from the same primitive root.

Angelina, honey, read Christ lineage in Matthew and Luke, they both show females in Christ's line. Lineage can be passed on through a woman.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi martin!
So, the bible makes it pretty clear that there isn't going to be male and female partnerships under marriage in heaven. That being said, will there be some form of sex in heaven?
no...God created sexual union between male and female originally, to fill the earth, multiply and subdue it. Genesis1:27-28

(Might get us to the heated topic, can angels have sex?)
with each other...no, they are Spiritual Beings and as far as I understand and all male...[could be wrong] :huh:

With daughters of men....Genesis 6:1-4 [not gonna go there]

Not concerning sex; since we are the bride of Christ, and when I think bride and groom I think marriage, and when I think marriage, I think children. Does anyone think that there will be further free-will given creation similar to what we were that will be nurtured by Christ and the church (not necessarily through how we think of sexual reproduction) when this is all over?
Will we have children later on?...I don't think so...for a start we probably won't even have the same reproductive type bodies...unless in Gods new earth creation, he gets us to multiply and fill the earth again...somehow I don't think the multiply thing is going to happen again...:)

Samson picked up the jawbone of a dead donkey. However, I find nowhere that it says there rest of the dead donkey wasn't still attached to that jawbone.

Any thoughts?

Hmmm...
confused-smiley-17706.gif
Wouldn't it be called the carcus of a dead donkey then or a donkey skeleton? The place where he threw the jawbone after slaying 1000 men would then be named " The Hill of the donkey carcus or skeleton, rather than the "Hill of the Jawbone"[ Ramath-lehi]
JMO...:p

Blessings!!!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi tom!

Angelina, honey, read Christ lineage in Matthew and Luke, they both show females in Christ's line. Lineage can be passed on throw a woman.

I did note that...and also stated in post 18#

Apparently Jewish scholars agree that lineage was determined through the Fathers line, identified through Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and their descendants.
The first census of the Hebrew nation in the wilderness was by families and the fathers household. Numbers 1:2 This tradition remained up until 70 AD.
The matrilineal line was adopted after that, around 1 AD. Scholars believe that it was to bring Jewish tradition into line with Roman Empire laws.

I am not disputing this fact...:)...but just because the Jewish folk changed the way they ordered things...does not mean that God has.

Bless you!

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
Hi martin!

no...God created sexual union between male and female originally, to fill the earth, multiply and subdue it. Genesis1:27-28

with each other...no, they are Spiritual Beings and as far as I understand and all male...[could be wrong] :huh:

With daughters of men....Genesis 6:1-4 [not gonna go there]

Will we have children later on?...I don't think so...for a start we probably won't even have the same reproductive type bodies...unless in Gods new earth creation, he gets us to multiply and fill the earth again...somehow I don't think the multiply thing is going to happen again...:)

Hmmm...
confused-smiley-17706.gif
Wouldn't it be called the carcus of a dead donkey then or a donkey skeleton? The place where he threw the jawbone after slaying 1000 men would then be named " The Hill of the donkey carcus or skeleton, rather than the "Hill of the Jawbone"[ Ramath-lehi]
JMO...:p

Blessings!!!

Thanks for your honest opinions.

I guess when I think about sex I think also about the pleasure and level of intimacy which are beneficial and whether those elements would lose purpose even when the need to fill the earth and dominate it ends. Maybe God will give our new bodies ways to experience that level of experiential intimacy outside the bonds of marriage through relational intimacy in forms beyond our imagination.

With the bride of Christ and children thing, I mean more if God will make another creation after us that we will jointly be responsible for. (Not sexual). When I think of the children of Abraham and God says they will be like the stars in the sky and sands of the seashore, I think of how rocks errode and create more and more sand and how we keep discovering an expansive universe that doesn't seem to end. Will reproduction (or the new creations in God's image being made) even if not on a sexual level the way we understand it continue?

Ya, I know, the jawbone thing just doesn't work... sigh*. It just enhances the picture in my mind having samson swinging a dead donkey around by its jawbone, massacering all of his enemies until there is nothing of the donkey left except the jawbone. Mighty roar ensues. -If there was a chance to interpret it as a live donkey, that would be even better.-

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Hi tom!

I am not disputing this fact......but just because the Jewish folk changed the way they ordered things...does not mean that God has.

Bless you!

So, honey, you seem to be saying God's opinion is important as far as lineage goes. But it doesn't seem as important when He calls His Son “a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.” Do you think God might have known who Melchisedec was? Heb 7:3 “…made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.” What do you think we are being told here?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So, honey, you seem to be saying God's opinion is important as far as lineage goes. But it doesn't seem as important when He calls His Son “a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.”

No honey...I am not saying that at all...what I am saying is that his priesthood began after his baptism which was death on the cross. Luke 12:50 then he became a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:19-20

Do you think God might have known who Melchisedec was? Heb 7:3 “…made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.” What do you think we are being told here?

John 8

37 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”
39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”
Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”
Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

Before Abraham Was, I AM
48 Then the Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?”
49 Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. 50 And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges. 51 Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.”
52 Then the Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word he shall never taste death.’ 53 Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do You make Yourself out to be?”
54 Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. 55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”
57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Blessings!!!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
So, the bible makes it pretty clear that there isn't going to be male and female partnerships under marriage in heaven. That being said, will there be some form of sex in heaven? (Might get us to the heated topic, can angels have sex?)

Lastly, and this should be debated thoroughly in Judges 15:15-17.

Any thoughts?

I sometimes get frustrated that there's no marriage in Heaven between people. It seems silly to me that we should find only 1 person and spend our whole life with them and being loyal only to not have them when we die. Hmmmm, but sometimes when we're not getting along, I can't wait till I get to heaven! :lol: Sex is a blessing to those of us who are married. But, I think many of the earthly physical pleasures will be gone, and there will be many other things to take the place.

As far as sex, or marriage having a physical relationship.......... I don't believe marriages have to involve that. I think marriage is a double meaning. Say you're making a cake. It's a "marriage" of several different ingredients which come together as one in the form of cake.

Samson did pick up a jawbone only. It's funnier to think it was a whole donkey. That dude was never one to take his vows seriously, as you can read. I'm guessing he wasn't that smart from the get go.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do people still need to tithe?

No, if a pastor cannot live by faith then me tything is not going to help him/her any. Besides it was the law, we are not under the law

Do we still know God through the letter?

No we know Him by His works, Jesus saved me without the bible, and He is certinly able to teach me Himself. Was it not paul said , the letter killeth, or Christ who said scripture cant bring you life, only He can

Is there still the Levitical priesthood?

No. But I believe the Jews still have one aside somewhere

Are we still under the Law?

No, if we where then Christ died for nothing, but the way some Christans carry on, i am sure that many are still under it by choice.

Did we now know God directly or did the bible just get thicker

we can know God if we let Him in, the Jews had the law in the form of the Torah, christans have a new law in the form of the bible. No the bible is no thicker, just mens stubborness.

In His LOve

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do people still need to tithe?

No, if a pastor cannot live by faith then me tything is not going to help him/her any. Besides it was the law, we are not under the law

One of the justifications for donating to a church is to maintain the infrastructure and employ the professional staff.
I suppose that's as good a reason as any without getting mixed up into rhetoric about law and grace.

Most preachers today do not earn their keep.

If you belong to a mega church it's almost impossible to get an audience with the head honcho. You've got to settle for one of his or her droids. The big kahuna is too busy with his churchianity.

I have been attending a rather small church and the problem there is the same. After three weeks of trying to meet with the pastor I gave up.

THREE WEEKS !!!

Somebody tell me what the purpose of a pastor is anyway? If he's too busy to meet with people who attend the church and who participate in the religious games, then does he really need to be retained on the payroll? The office secretary is more worthy of pay than he.

Tithing? Bah humbug.

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
Tithing to the letter may no longer be held against us as sin, but in order to love to the letter as is Christ, to offer the first part of anything God gives us directly into His service, is a principle that can benefit Christians of any walk of life. This standard of love by principle Christ has set actually exceeds the requirement that tithing had under the old law, and the benefits are much greater while the repercussions of not following this principle are very individual based on the principle God sets before each of us to fulfill our dependency on Him.

Since Christ is the letter, our knowledge of Christ is absent from our hearts when we don't live according to His love by the letter which is Christ. His grace covers us when we don't, and His Holy Spirit has empowered us when we do. Before we were bound by the law which we were incapable of obeying to the letter. Now we are freed by Christ who obeyed and fulfilled every one of His own requirements to the letter, and who is the law of love and freedom by which we live our lives. We are now empowered by the same Spirit of God that empowered Christ's humanity to fulfill the work in His life that led Him to the salvation of those who choose to share in his death and resurrection. Before, people were commanded to live according to the work Christ would complete, and now we are privileged to live according to the work Christ completed.