The Times and The Seasons

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, Agree on some but not all of your post. It is easiest for me to grasp that, not only will we get new bodies, but the earth will also be glorified by Gods presence. Same as with us, the earth shall pass away (wax old) and die, resurrected (made new)by His power and glory of God. Covered (clothed) in Gods vesture which is eternal. Same earth. But made new (glorified). Same us. But new (glorified)

What confuses me about what you said:

Peter says the heavens will pass away with a great noise on that day. And the works of man of this present world will melt (see end of Hebrews 12 also). This is the day Jesus returns "as a thief" like He said. God's consuming fire will burn the works of man off the surface of this earth and the things of this world will be no more. When this event happens to end this present world with Jesus' return, it will begin the road to the future new heavens and a new earth. Major earth changes will begin when Jesus returns (see Ezekiel 47).

You said heavens will pass away. Man's work will melt. When "as a thief" Jesus returns. Then you go into 1,000 reign of Christ and quote Ezekiel 47. Why would the nation need healing when all man's work melted at Jesus' return? Does Christ return and burning of all made of flesh and man's work...not purify all? Remove all? Why only partial?

I point to a few verse of Ezekiel 47:

Happened (it is Jesus Christ) Ezekiel 47:1 [1] Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

The net has already been cast (David said the Lord would pluck his feet out of the net. Ezekiel 47:9-11 [9] And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. [10] And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. [11] But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.

Miry places given to salt...happened.

The fishers (men)happened Ezekiel 47:10 [10] And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.

Strangers given inheritance? Happened. I was a stranger. Given the inheritance of a Jew (spiritually) Ezekiel 47:21-23
[21] So shall ye divide this land unto you according to the tribes of Israel. [22] And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel. [23] And it shall come to pass, that in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye give him his inheritance, saith the Lord God .

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You said heavens will pass away. Man's work will melt. When "as a thief" Jesus returns. Then you go into 1,000 reign of Christ and quote Ezekiel 47. Why would the nation need healing when all man's work melted at Jesus' return? Does Christ return and burning of all made of flesh and man's work...not purify all? Remove all? Why only partial?

I point to a few verse of Ezekiel 47:

Happened (it is Jesus Christ) Ezekiel 47:1 [1] Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

The net has already been cast (David said the Lord would pluck his feet out of the net. Ezekiel 47:9-11 [9] And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. [10] And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. [11] But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.

Miry places given to salt...happened.

The fishers (men)happened Ezekiel 47:10 [10] And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.

Strangers given inheritance? Happened. I was a stranger. Given the inheritance of a Jew (spiritually) Ezekiel 47:21-23
[21] So shall ye divide this land unto you according to the tribes of Israel. [22] And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel. [23] And it shall come to pass, that in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye give him his inheritance, saith the Lord God .

Why would the nation (Israel?) need healing when all of men's works are melted? It's because the thousand years is also going to be like a probation period for the rebellious of Israel, and the nations. See the end of Zechariah 14 about the nations which refuse to come up to Jerusalem to worship The King, The LORD of hosts, there will be no rain upon their lands. That shows even in that future time, the nations are still given lattitude to choose to follow or not, even more so at the end of the thousand years with the nations that choose to follow Satan once he is loosed in final to lead them up against the "camp of saints".

That River of Ezekiel 47 is God's River emitting out from His House on earth at Jerusalem. Zechariah 14, which is a chapter that begins about Christ's second coming, reveals it manifesting on earth then also...

Zech 14:8-9
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
KJV

I'm sure you read this below verse while checking out Ezekiel 47, but you didn't say anything about it, and I find it strange you said nothing:

Ezek 47:12
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.
KJV

That's about the tree of life that was in God's Garden of Eden at Genesis 2 & 3. It is mentioned in Revelation 22 also, and with that River too. But in Ezekiel 47, we are given more detail about it than in Revelation 22. This means we have to look at both those Ezekiel and Revelation chapters together and compare, because some of the events in Revelation 21 & 22 are not in order. The Rev.22:14-15 events belong to the Millennium, because in the new heavens and new earth timing, the rebellious are no more.

The Ezekiel 40 thru 48 chapters are difficult for many, mainly because it looks like much of the old covenant ways are going to return, especially things like animal sacrifice. I don't see it that way; I treat those things being meant spirituallly, like Paul and Peter showed our spiritual sacrifices today under Christ Jesus is about our love towards Him and The Father. But God's House, His River, and that tree of life for the healing of the nations, and all that being in the location of Jerusalem on earth, with the waters of that River flowing to heal other waters on the earth, all that I take literally. And it will begin the healing process of the earth after God has destroyed man's works off it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's about the tree of life that was in God's Garden of Eden at Genesis 2 & 3. It is mentioned in Revelation 22 also, and with that River too. But in Ezekiel 47, we are given more detail about it than in Revelation 22. This means we have to look at both those Ezekiel and Revelation chapters together and compare, because some of the events in Revelation 21 & 22 are not in order. The Rev.22:14-15 events belong to the Millennium, because in the new heavens and new earth timing, the rebellious are no more.

Believe me, I wanted to go verse by verse through Ezekiel 47. You do see the tree of life is Christ, right? Yet the trees along the banks as His people(us) given also for meat? (Whose leaves will not fade).

Good chance you are right. But consider:

Daniel 2:41
[41] And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

Daniel 2:43
[43] And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Ezekiel 47:11
[11] But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.

Same pit Joseph was rescued from but sold into bondage: Genesis 37:28
[28] Then there passed by Midianites merchantmen; and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt.

Same walk Jesus took (Joseph's story a foreshadow) on our behalf. Same pit we are rescued and pulled from:

Psalm 40:2-4 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. [3] And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it , and fear, and shall trust in the Lord . [4] Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Same rock our feet are set upon once they are pulled from the net. These verses are why I say this is not future. The feet of Daniels vision(miry clay and iron that don't mix) is where we are. How do you get future, after Christ's return?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking to a friend of mine I went to school with back in the day; he went to the same Protestant Church I was raised in, and I remarked how our Church didn't cover much endtime Bible prophecy, that they were pretty much on a Preterist type teaching (i.e., preter, what is past; majority of Preterists believe Revelation is mostly history). He kind of agreed and I then asked him about the 'times and the seasons' that Apostle Paul mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 5. He didn't know about it.

1 Thess 5:1-2
5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

KJV

Because Paul linked with that "times and the seasons" the events of "the day of the Lord", that put a lot... of prophecy from the Old Testament prophets into his message. The "times and the seasons" are about endtime events as signs leading up to that "day of the Lord".

What about that "thief in the night" idea? Where did Paul get that from? He got it from our Lord Jesus Who taught us about the goodman of the house knowing in what watch the thief would come, and thus prevent his house from being broken into (end of Matthew 24). On the 6th vial, our Lord Jesus also told His Church that He comes "as a thief", and the next 7th vial begins the battle of Armageddon, the final battle of this world (Rev.16).

Then that thief timing idea goes back to what our Lord taught through His OT prophets about the "day of the Lord" events, with the end of this present world time happening at an instant, suddenly (Isaiah 29-30). This is why Apostle Paul said this next about a "sudden destruction" that is to come upon the wicked on earth on that day:

1 Thess 5:3
3 For when they shall say, "Peace and safety"; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

KJV

By "they" Paul means the wicked and the deceived on the final day of this present world. In Matthew 24, our Lord mentioned about wars and rumors of wars, that those things must be so don't be alarmed, but the end is not yet. The opposite of a time of war is a time of peace, and that is the kind of time the very end of this world will be that He was pointing to. Paul here is pointing to that same idea of world peace for the end, with those who will be saying, "Peace and safety". In Isaiah, God gives analogies to the sudden destruction coming upon them like suddenly waking up from a dream. Ever daydream and suddenly wake and have to immediately check your surroundings?

To know just what kind of sudden destruction the day of the Lord that Paul was pointing to, Apostle Peter gave the latest explanation of it in the New Testament:

2 Peter 3:10-13
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
KJV

Peter says the heavens will pass away with a great noise on that day. And the works of man of this present world will melt (see end of Hebrews 12 also). This is the day Jesus returns "as a thief" like He said. God's consuming fire will burn the works of man off the surface of this earth and the things of this world will be no more. When this event happens to end this present world with Jesus' return, it will begin the road to the future new heavens and a new earth. Major earth changes will begin when Jesus returns (see Ezekiel 47).

That is the "sudden destruction" Paul was talking about in 1 Thess.5. By his covering about the deceived saying, "Peace and safety" and that "sudden destruction" coming upon them, he was giving us a sign leading up to our Lord Jesus' return to gather His Church. Thus the meaning of "the times and the seasons". Paul said the Church at Thessalonica already knew those times and seasons, meaning they were familiar with those things in the OT prophets about the end of this world.

So brethren, what have you maybe missed from the Old Testament prophets that your Church has not preached about because of what their seminary system may tell them to preach? Understanding where Apostle Paul was pulling from in the OT prophets about "the times and the seasons" is a major help in understanding our Lord's Revelation about the events leading up to our Lord Jesus' return.

I will try to make this brief, They do not Teach about the Feast's, Which are a Shadow of thing's to come. The Word of God according to Paul are the Oracles, the words written by Moses, But there are the Living Oracles, of which Stephen spoke about before they Stoned Him. These were established in Leviticus 23, God say's they are HIS Feast's, Holy Convocations = Set apart Rehearsals. these are Feast's that the Nation of Israel Practiced for over a thousand years, every year, on the same day according to the first month - Aviv these Feast's were set in there time line. Paul states in 1st Corinthians 5:7-8 - 7- Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump,since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, Our Passover, was sacrificed for us. 8- Therefore let Us Keep the Feast ect! you can read the rest. Paul is teaching Gentiles, not Jews, these are convert's. Look into the Feast's and you will find that everything they Practiced = Rehearsed Jesus fulfilled! there is so much more that has been kept away from those that want and need to understand!
Do what My Wife and I did 19 years ago, we knew that there was more! and without knowing we Both Prayed for The Truth, She prayed it, and I prayed it, and it was month's latter that we reveled to each other! I Pray that Our Father, and Our Savior will revel the Hidden things within the OT.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe me, I wanted to go verse by verse through Ezekiel 47. You do see the tree of life is Christ, right? Yet the trees along the banks as His people(us) given also for meat? (Whose leaves will not fade).

Like many brethren, I used to... believe the idea of the tree of life and the river of the waters of life were but spiritual metaphors. Our Lord Jesus metaphorically compared those waters to belief on Him, like rivers of waters flowing out of one's belly (John 7). But after doing more thorough study in Genesis 2, Zechariah 14, and Ezekiel 47, I no longer see it as just a metaphor, but a literal River that was once upon this earth flowing out of God's Garden of Eden to feed four other rivers on the earth, and with it returning in Christ's future Millennium reign.

Gen 2:10-14
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
KJV

Today, we still know where those Euphrates and Hiddekel (Tigris) rivers are on earth (in Iraq). The other two would be a guess. But what is the name of that River which flowed out of Eden in four parts to feed them? God's River of The Waters of Life, a literal River. A miracle River one could say, because Ezekiel 47 shows that whatever waters on the earth it touches, those waters will be healed. Thus man's philosophical beliefs about the Fountain of Youth in the ancient writings of Herodotus (5th century B.C.), the Romance of Alexander (3rd century, A.D.), etc. I believe those were mythical pointers the ancients somehow knew concerning God's Eden that was once upon this earth, and His River that flowed out of it. Maybe it was passed on by Moses who was given to pen Genesis? Nevertheless, God's River in Eden was a literal River, since it was shown flowing to those other rivers on earth. Revelation 22 and Ezekiel 47 are showing its return to earth.

Good chance you are right. But consider:

Daniel 2:41
[41] And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

Daniel 2:43
[43] And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Ezekiel 47:11
[11] But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.

Same pit Joseph was rescued from but sold into bondage: Genesis 37:28
[28] Then there passed by Midianites merchantmen; and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt.

Same walk Jesus took (Joseph's story a foreshadow) on our behalf. Same pit we are rescued and pulled from:

Psalm 40:2-4 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. [3] And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it , and fear, and shall trust in the Lord . [4] Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Same rock our feet are set upon once they are pulled from the net. These verses are why I say this is not future. The feet of Daniels vision(miry clay and iron that don't mix) is where we are. How do you get future, after Christ's return?

I do not compare those Ezekiel 47 marshy areas to those metaphors in Genesis and the Pslams you're quoting. Nor is there any such comparison given in that Ezekiel 47 chapter. The marsh areas of Ezekiel 47 is merely about areas where that River is not going to flow. That's why those areas are given to salt. Like Revelation 22:14-15 shows, the wicked will live outside the gates of the holy city, and only those living inside the gates will have right to the tree of life, thus that River of Ezek.47 is not going to flow everywhere on earth during Christ's future Millennium reign over the nations. But for the new heavens and new earth, I believe that River will flow out of God's Garden of Eden on earth like it did before God removed His Eden off this earth and setup the flaming cherbim to guard access to the tree of life.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like many brethren, I used to... believe the idea of the tree of life and the river of the waters of life were but spiritual metaphors. Our Lord Jesus metaphorically compared those waters to belief on Him, like rivers of waters flowing out of one's belly (John 7). But after doing more thorough study in Genesis 2, Zechariah 14, and Ezekiel 47, I no longer see it as just a metaphor, but a literal River that was once upon this earth flowing out of God's Garden of Eden to feed four other rivers on the earth, and with it returning in Christ's future Millennium reign.

Gen 2:10-14
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
KJV

Today, we still know where those Euphrates and Hiddekel (Tigris) rivers are on earth (in Iraq). The other two would be a guess. But what is the name of that River which flowed out of Eden in four parts to feed them? God's River of The Waters of Life, a literal River. A miracle River one could say, because Ezekiel 47 shows that whatever waters on the earth it touches, those waters will be healed. Thus man's philosophical beliefs about the Fountain of Youth in the ancient writings of Herodotus (5th century B.C.), the Romance of Alexander (3rd century, A.D.), etc. I believe those were mythical pointers the ancients somehow knew concerning God's Eden that was once upon this earth, and His River that flowed out of it. Maybe it was passed on by Moses who was given to pen Genesis? Nevertheless, God's River in Eden was a literal River, since it was shown flowing to those other rivers on earth. Revelation 22 and Ezekiel 47 are showing its return to earth.

I do not compare those Ezekiel 47 marshy areas to those metaphors in Genesis and the Pslams you're quoting. Nor is there any such comparison given in that Ezekiel 47 chapter. The marsh areas of Ezekiel 47 is merely about areas where that River is not going to flow. That's why those areas are given to salt. Like Revelation 22:14-15 shows, the wicked will live outside the gates of the holy city, and only those living inside the gates will have right to the tree of life, thus that River of Ezek.47 is not going to flow everywhere on earth during Christ's future Millennium reign over the nations. But for the new heavens and new earth, I believe that River will flow out of God's Garden of Eden on earth like it did before God removed His Eden off this earth and setup the flaming cherbim to guard access to the tree of life.

I understand. The river with the four heads: each has a meaning. Not sure without looking it up again but they are:

To spring forth.
To burst forth. As in birth.
(You must be born of water and Spirit.)
And the Euphrates which means: abundance. I saw somewhere: twins. (Do not know if twins is accurate).

Jeremiah 51:63-64
[63] And it shall be, when thou hast made an end of reading this book, that thou shalt bind a stone to it, and cast it into the midst of Euphrates: [64] And thou shalt say, Thus shall Babylon sink, and shall not rise from the evil that I will bring upon her: and they shall be weary. Thus far are the words of Jeremiah.

So you think we will see it happen in the future? Why bind a stone to the book upon ending the reading of it and cast it into a head of a river that means abundance?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not speaking against the physical. You may very well be seeing it accurately. It doesn't seem to be either- or. I used to believe Christ separated the two (flesh and Spirit) on the cross, but He united (joined) them in a covenant of peace.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand. The river with the four heads: each has a meaning. Not sure without looking it up again but they are:

To spring forth.
To burst forth. As in birth.
(You must be born of water and Spirit.)
And the Euphrates which means: abundance. I saw somewhere: twins. (Do not know if twins is accurate).

Jeremiah 51:63-64
[63] And it shall be, when thou hast made an end of reading this book, that thou shalt bind a stone to it, and cast it into the midst of Euphrates: [64] And thou shalt say, Thus shall Babylon sink, and shall not rise from the evil that I will bring upon her: and they shall be weary. Thus far are the words of Jeremiah.

So you think we will see it happen in the future? Why bind a stone to the book upon ending the reading of it and cast it into a head of a river that means abundance?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not speaking against the physical. You may very well be seeing it accurately. It doesn't seem to be either- or. I used to believe Christ separated the two (flesh and Spirit) on the cross, but He united (joined) them in a covenant of peace.

I'm sorry, your spiritualizing is too liberal for me.

There are indeed times in God's Word where He is speaking metaphorically, especially with the giving of a parable or proverb, and even then He is only using metaphor to point to something else that is very real and literal. He didn't give us the freedom to reinterpret His literal Word into man's philosophy by spiritualizing. Doing that is a good way to get all confused about what He means even when He gives us an allegory.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, your spiritualizing is too liberal for me.

There are indeed times in God's Word where He is speaking metaphorically, especially with the giving of a parable or proverb, and even then He is only using metaphor to point to something else that is very real and literal. He didn't give us the freedom to reinterpret His literal Word into man's philosophy by spiritualizing. Doing that is a good way to get all confused about what He means even when He gives us an allegory.

Completely understandable. I don't know if it is spiritualizing or willingness to accept every opportunity to learn. One can not deny the way God teaches man; when God says His ways are higher than ours. It wasn't just parables to those who couldn't hear. God teaches us heavenly things by His creation. Same as teaching us one must be born from above, he first shows us through the natural birth to understand the spiritual birth. God takes what we understand by sight and expounds on what is unseen. Yes, Proverbs. Deuteronomy. Leviticus. Parables. God teaches man.

Matthew 16:8-12
[8] Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? [9] Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? [10] Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? [11] How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? [12] Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

The times and the seasons: which are you observing? There are night seasons and a fruitful season. And appointed times. The times of the gentiles.

Ezekiel 12:27-28
[27] Son of man, behold, they of the house of Israel say, The vision that he seeth is for many days to come , and he prophesieth of the times that are far off. [28] Therefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God ; There shall none of my words be prolonged any more, but the word which I have spoken shall be done, saith the Lord God .

You don't have to answer. It was just a plea for you to at least be willing to consider IF something has any merit when it doesn't align with what you already know.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The marsh areas of Ezekiel 47 is merely about areas where that River is not going to flow. That's why those areas are given to salt.

Where do you find this conclusion in scripture? Revelation? There only? Where else? Please support it with scripture.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. Davy said Ezekiel 47:11 can only be after the Lord's return. (if I understood him correctly). I'm not sure how he gets this and from what verses.

You asked where I got the idea about the marshes being turned to salt, and I pointed you to Ezekiel 47:11. I did not say anything else. I do agree that Ezek.47 event is only after... Christ's return. But I showed you where I got it from, and all one need do is read it by placing their mouse over the link.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
may also be read "left for salt" i guess.
Iow i'm not sure perceiving the marshes as somehow being altered in this passage is correct; it might be understood as "the river will not cleanse the fruit of sin; sowing sin will still reap (spiritual death), still have a place to reap" or similar

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked where I got the idea about the marshes being turned to salt, and I pointed you to Ezekiel 47:11. I did not say anything else. I do agree that Ezek.47 event is only after... Christ's return. But I showed you where I got it from, and all one need do is read it by placing their mouse over the link.

No. You showed how Revelation connects to Ezekiel, and it does. But only those two verses are considered by you because they help you stay in your delusion of rejection of countless other verses spoken of. It sounds like a minor thing but it is not. If you don't acknowledge the other verses are there then there is no crack in what you already have your mind-set and are determined to believe. Or maybe it is the other way around and it is me that needs a crack. I'm open to learning and growing from the insight you have been given but am also reluctant when you can only give two verses to support one small detail...like given up to salt.

Matthew 5:13
[13] Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Luke 14:34-35
[34] Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned? [35] It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Wherewith will you season it? From the tree of life which is Christ.
Mark 9:50 ... Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus ...It is great to be spiritually salty...

Salt – divine energy from the spirit of God, fire, spark to do the work of God in peace, confidence and truth - like preaching the true gospel with fire. Salt prevents us from using our outer minds to serve God. Brings deep confidence and peace that we will speak the truth from the heart.

Think about salted fish on display in a marketplace. The merchant is confident and has peace of mind that his product is being preserved from rotting and its taste is maintained for customer’s consumption. God is also confident and has peace of mind that his people are pure in truth and will preach the gospel, the food of life in truth. They have salt!

Bless you,

APAK

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You showed how Revelation connects to Ezekiel, and it does. But only those two verses are considered by you because they help you stay in your delusion of rejection of countless other verses spoken of. It sounds like a minor thing but it is not. If you don't acknowledge the other verses are there then there is no crack in what you already have your mind-set and are determined to believe. Or maybe it is the other way around and it is me that needs a crack. I'm open to learning and growing from the insight you have been given but am also reluctant when you can only give two verses to support one small detail...like given up to salt.

You are delusional, busy making things up in your own mind. You can't spiritualize away God's River as written in His Word, so now you begin making up LIES against me! You are a detestable person.

Brethren, in more posts than one on this forum, I have proclaimed that all in the Ezekiel 40 thru 47 chapters are for after Christ's return, pointing to His future "thousand years" reign of Revelation 20. I have also pointed out how the River of Ezekiel 47 will be a REAL MANIFESTATION ON EARTH in Christ's future Milennium reign, the tree of life along with it as written, which is a direct link to the river of the waters of life in Revelation 22 and the tree of life there also.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
marshes being turned to salt
but if the salt
"
the preservation of information (in a cultural expression). That would link the beginning of wisdom to typical red items such as wine (Noah'svineyard: Genesis 9:20) and blood (hence the covenant of blood: Exodus 24:8), and since the art of understanding is metaphorized in a standing on dry land (Noah again), a partial understanding would be similar to mud and mire (in which Noah's dove couldn't find a foothold; Genesis 8:9).

A strikingly similar relationship between tranquility, muddy substances and the color red is demonstrated by the root-group חמר (hamar; see the name Homer), and perhaps even by the root group יון (ywn; see the name Javan, which is the Biblical word for Greece).

Also see our article on the Red Sea for a closer look at how the ancients viewed the color red." The amazing name Adam: meaning and etymology

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
the preservation of information (in a cultural expression). That would link the beginning of wisdom to typical red items such as wine (Noah'svineyard: Genesis 9:20) and blood (hence the covenant of blood: Exodus 24:8), and since the art of understanding is metaphorized in a standing on dry land (Noah again), a partial understanding would be similar to mud and mire (in which Noah's dove couldn't find a foothold; Genesis 8:9).

A strikingly similar relationship between tranquility, muddy substances and the color red is demonstrated by the root-group חמר (hamar; see the name Homer), and perhaps even by the root group יון (ywn; see the name Javan, which is the Biblical word for Greece).

Also see our article on the Red Sea for a closer look at how the ancients viewed the color red." The amazing name Adam: meaning and etymology

Wisdom. It makes sense. Davy was right about my reading into it what isn't there. I'll have to more cautious. Thank you, bbyrd009. What you shared was very insightful especially how it ties in with the mud and mire.

Reactions: bbyrd009