The Truth about Christ's Sacrifice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Apostles believed this to be true of the Lord Jesus Christ.

What the Lord Jesus Christ did for himself through his sacrifice, he did that we might be saved: but if he had not been saved first out of death through his own offering (his own shed blood), we could not be saved.

He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. Hebrews 7:27

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption* Hebrews 9:12

*("for us" is not in the original text)

We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. Romans 6:9

No doubt the astute minded will see how this truth seriously impinges on a commonly accept Christian belief, however the force of its reality cannot be overlooked. Ignoring this teaching has serious implications on the Victory, God had in His Son.

Christ benefited from his own sacrifice and death...to which we now take part in (first-fruits of them that sleep).

F2F

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Apostles believed this to be true of the Lord Jesus Christ.

What the Lord Jesus Christ did for himself through his sacrifice, he did that we might be saved: but if he had not been saved first out of death through his own offering (his own shed blood), we could not be saved.

He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. Hebrews 7:27

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption* Hebrews 9:12

*("for us" is not in the original text)

We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. Romans 6:9

No doubt the astute minded will see how this truth seriously impinges on a commonly accept Christian belief, however the force of its reality cannot be overlooked. Ignoring this teaching has serious implications on the Victory, God had in His Son.

Christ benefited from his own sacrifice and death...to which we now take part in (first-fruits of them that sleep).

F2F
Definitely an Important Topic.

Several things here, as given in Acts 2

- Divine Foreknowledge: The whole point of the incarnation of God as Christ was to be a once for all perpetual sacrifice for sin.

- Divine Acceptance: Only Christ was acceptable to be an eternal sacrifice for sin and this is verified in His Resurrection, Ascencion, and Exaltation.

- Divine Exaltation: His sacrifice being acceptable He is exalted in order for God's Promise of the Holy Spirit to be fulfilled.

Act 2:22-24 Men of Israel, listen to this message: Jesus of Nazareth was a man certified by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs, which God did among you through Him, as you yourselves know. (23) He was delivered up by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross. (24) But God raised Him from the dead, releasing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for Him to be held in its clutches.

Act 2:25-31
David says about Him: ‘I saw the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (26) Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will dwell in hope, (27) because You will not abandon my soul to Hades, nor will You let Your Holy One see decay. (28) You have made known to me the paths of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence.’ (29) Brothers, I can tell you with confidence that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. (30) But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that He would place one of his descendants on his throne. (31) Foreseeing this, David spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that He was not abandoned to Hades, nor did His body see decay.

Act 2:32-41
God has raised this Jesus to life, to which we are all witnesses. (33) Exalted, then, to the right hand of God, He has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. (34) For David did not ascend into heaven, but he himself says: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand (35) until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”’ (36) Therefore let all Israel know with certainty that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ!” (37) When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and asked Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” (38) Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (39) This promise belongs to you and your children and to all who are far off—to all whom the Lord our God will call to Himself.” (40) With many other words he testified, and he urged them, “Be saved from this corrupt generation.” (41) Those who embraced his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to the believers that day.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are you saying? It sounds like you are saying Jesus' sacrifice was for His own sins to be saved first, then for ours.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What are you saying? It sounds like you are saying Jesus' sacrifice was for His own sins to be saved first, then for ours.
Did you read the three verses?

Like you what did he need saving from?

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like 2 distinctly separate events are being combined into one here.

The first event: Christ's sacrifice, as one who was perfect and without sin, satisfied the penalty of sin under the law for us for all time. As a result we have salvation through Him.
The second event: In the act of Christ's resurrection, He defeated death once and for all. As a result, we will have eternal life in Him.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Marakkasus

Aug 13, 2023
Вгидшт
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
I appreciate your sharing of these profound verses and insights into Christ's sacrifice. It's always enlightening to explore the deeper meanings of scripture and how they shape our understanding of faith. If you're interested in delving further into these thought-provoking topics, I recommend checking out this blog for when you need God. It discusses various aspects of Christian theology, including the significance of Christ's sacrifice and its implications on our faith journey. Engaging in discussions like these helps us grow in our understanding and appreciation of the teachings of Christ. ✨

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It seems like 2 distinctly separate events are being combined into one here.

The first event: Christ's sacrifice, as one who was perfect and without sin, satisfied the penalty of sin under the law for us for all time. As a result we have salvation through Him.
The second event: In the act of Christ's resurrection, He defeated death once and for all. As a result, we will have eternal life in Him.
A misconception of God's Law; a misconception of his Character has resulted in interpreting texts through the penal substitution model.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A misconception of God's Law; a misconception of his Character has resulted in interpreting texts through the penal substitution model.
No misconceptions here, just truth backed up by tons of scripture.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No misconceptions here, just truth backed up by tons of scripture.
Scripture is subject to interpretation. Interpretation is the result of paradigm. A faulty paradigm will juggle any scripture to justify itself.......as a result 20 tons of scripture end up being used for the opposite purposes it was intended for......it even kills the one it was meant to glorify.