The Undiscovered Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I have testified of my own belief JESUS is, God WITH US.

THAT ^ is "your" Testimony.

No. I am NOT subject to "your" ridiculous
"IF / THEN" conditional statement of claims, "you" have falsely attempted to "apply" to me.

Matt 1:23....God with us...

God Bless,
Taken
Any who do not align with the Ecumenical Creeds (Trinity, Deity and nature of Christ, Total Depravity, etc.) are considered cults and heretics by Christendom at large. You should study these creeds.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any who do not align with the Ecumenical Creeds (Trinity, Deity and nature of Christ, Total Depravity, etc.) are considered cults and heretics by Christendom at large. You should study these creeds.

Some people claim Jesus is:

"fully human"...and also "fully God".
"100% human"...and also "100%

You said Jesus is God.
I said Jesus is God.

You said Jesus IS with:
A fully Human Nature, and a fully Divine Nature.

Semantics...

Jesus IS God, Thee everlasting Spirit, without Beginning or Ending.

Jesus Did Not Appear To Mankind As Thee Invisible God, obviously, since Human eyes, can Not See God.

Jesus Did Not Appear To Mankind As a Created Spirit Angel, with a mans body.

Jesus Appeared To Mankind, A Faithful Servant, in "The Likenesses" of a Human Body, That God Prepared, FOR WHEN, He would come Out From God in Heaven, To Earth, (that He created and made) and be Seen and Heard, By Natural Earthy men.

Jesus' message Is teaching men HOW TO, become IN Gods "Likeness" and gave TO mankind, Himself, as an Example;
Appearing in the "Likeness" of a Faithful man.

Jesus is no more A Human man,
Then a Converted man, IS God.

I do NOT have a requirement to Align With Men's creeds, statements, beliefs, cults, philosophies, whatever....(or BE intimated by their members consequences of labeling, namecalling, finger pointing, as you are doing).

My allegiance is TO Thee Lord God Almighty.

My Lord IS not a human man who came Forth out of Dust, of the Earth that, He created and made.

My Lord Jesus came Forth out from Himself, in a Likeness, He prepared, For the Benefit of Mankind To SEE and Hear.

Eph 1: 1
....by the will of God...
Eph 1: 9
....according TO "HIS" good PLEASURE, which HE hath PURPOSED "IN" "HIMSELF".

Jesus IS God.
You want to object to my NOT jumping on your band-wagon, no effect on me.
You want to point your finger at me with accusatory remarks? That's on you.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

Some people claim Jesus is:

"fully human"...and also "fully God".
"100% human"...and also "100%

You said Jesus is God.
I said Jesus is God.

You said Jesus IS with:
A fully Human Nature, and a fully Divine Nature.

Semantics...

Jesus IS God, Thee everlasting Spirit, without Beginning or Ending.

Jesus Did Not Appear To Mankind As Thee Invisible God, obviously, since Human eyes, can Not See God.

Jesus Did Not Appear To Mankind As a Created Spirit Angel, with a mans body.

Jesus Appeared To Mankind, A Faithful Servant, in "The Likenesses" of a Human Body, That God Prepared, FOR WHEN, He would come Out From God in Heaven, To Earth, (that He created and made) and be Seen and Heard, By Natural Earthy men.

Jesus' message Is teaching men HOW TO, become IN Gods "Likeness" and gave TO mankind, Himself, as an Example;
Appearing in the "Likeness" of a Faithful man.

Jesus is no more A Human man,
Then a Converted man, IS God.

I do NOT have a requirement to Align With Men's creeds, statements, beliefs, cults, philosophies, whatever....(or BE intimated by their members consequences of labeling, namecalling, finger pointing, as you are doing).

My allegiance is TO Thee Lord God Almighty.

My Lord IS not a human man who came Forth out of Dust, of the Earth that, He created and made.

My Lord Jesus came Forth out from Himself, in a Likeness, He prepared, For the Benefit of Mankind To SEE and Hear.

Eph 1: 1
....by the will of God...
Eph 1: 9
....according TO "HIS" good PLEASURE, which HE hath PURPOSED "IN" "HIMSELF".

Jesus IS God.
You want to object to my NOT jumping on your band-wagon, no effect on me.
You want to point your finger at me with accusatory remarks? That's on you.

God Bless,
Taken
If we do not grasp that Jesus is God as far as his person, with a fully human nature and a fully divine nature, we either worship a false Christ or are terribly confused.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's look at how people react to the real Jesus when compared with the counterfeit.

There was a man called Jesus Barabbas. He was imprisoned at the same time as Jesus of Nazareth. Now it came the time of Passover that a man should be released to the people. So then a choice was to be made between Jesus Barabbas (meaning son of the father) And Jesus Bar ABBA (the Son of the Father)

Whom did the people choose?

Whom do people keep choosing?
Indeed, Nehushtan all over again!
@bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If we do not grasp that Jesus is God as far as his person, with a fully human nature and a fully divine nature, we either worship a false Christ or are terribly confused.
God save us from ppl worshipping Christ at all imo
i say this bc one will be reluctant to partake in something they currently "worship" in our current definition, which is i guess the whole point of that

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If Jesus was fully sinless man he had two personalities. The problem is in your phraseology. Jesus is one divine person (God) having a fully divine and a fully human nature.

Agree.
If He was fully God while here...then it would have been a 'no contest', no overcoming..
He laid it all aside so that He could be the Last Adam...face to face with the Enemy...and overcome as a sinless man.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do not have to directly or via semantics attempt to declare Jesus is a "HUMAN".

Natural human men come from the dust of the earth.

Jesus came forth out from God in Heaven.

I am confident Heaven and Earth are two separate places.

I am content with my Belief and Trust the result of my Belief.

The Father Himself Loves me,
BECAUSE, I Love Jesus;
AND
BECAUSE "I BELIEVE" that Jesus came forth out from God.

John 16:27

Human men come forth out of dust.

I do not worship a false Christ, nor am confused.

God Bless,
Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Creeds are fine and good in their place. But they are not a substitute for the Scriptures.

Does the Bible reveal that Jesus is GOD? Absolutely
Does the Bible reveal that Jesus is also MAN? Absolutely
Does the Bible reveal that Jesus is schizophrenic? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Christians are not at liberty to say that at times Jesus of Nazareth was acting as a mere man, and at times He was acting as God (your false belief in "two personalities"). Even on the Cross, it was the GOD-MAN (the Lord from Heaven) who was the Lamb of God taking away the sin of the world. And none of the creeds of Christendom contradict this.

D

Dave L

Creeds are fine and good in their place. But they are not a substitute for the Scriptures.

Does the Bible reveal that Jesus is GOD? Absolutely
Does the Bible reveal that Jesus is also MAN? Absolutely
Does the Bible reveal that Jesus is schizophrenic? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Christians are not at liberty to say that at times Jesus of Nazareth was acting as a mere man, and at times He was acting as God (your false belief in "two personalities"). Even on the Cross, it was the GOD-MAN (the Lord from Heaven) who was the Lamb of God taking away the sin of the world. And none of the creeds of Christendom contradict this.
The creeds are nothing more than conclusions about what the bible says after much debate and testing. If you stick with the Ecumenical Creeds on the person of Christ, you are on safe ground. If you stray from this, you are not.

Here's THE SYMBOL OF CHALCEDON

The Symbol of Chalcedon, adopted at the fourth and fifth sessions of the Fourth Ecumenical Council, dates back to 451 A.D.. Philip Schaff, in his Creeds of Christendom, writes of the Symbol (or Creed) of Chalcedon, “While the first Council of Nicaea had established the eternal, pre-existent Godhead of Christ, the Symbol of the Fourth Ecumenical Council relates to the incarnate Logos, as he walked upon earth and sits on the right hand of the Father. It is directed against the errors of Nestorius and Eutyches, who agreed with the Nicene Creed as opposed to Arianism, but put the Godhead of Christ in a false relation to his humanity.”3

"We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach men to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood; truly God and truly man, of a reasonable [rational] soul and body; consubstantial [coessential] with us according to the manhood; in all things like unto us, without sin; begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the mother of God, according to the Manhood; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, Only-begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ, as the prophets from the beginning [have declared] concerning him, and the Lord Jesus Christ himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us."

Historic Creeds and Confessions. (1997). (electronic ed.). Oak Harbor: Lexham Press.

D

Dave L

I do not have to directly or via semantics attempt to declare Jesus is a "HUMAN".

BECAUSE, I Love Jesus;
AND

God Bless,
Taken
“Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.” (1 John 4:2–3)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you stick with the Ecumenical Creeds on the person of Christ, you are on safe ground. If you stray from this, you are not.
run, run like the wind from these imo
We, then, following the holy Fathers
run twice as fast from these guys too lol, and anyone else assuring you what a Rock Star they are in the Pantheon

Reactions: Nancy and Helen
D

Dave L

run, run like the wind from these imo

run twice as fast from these guys too lol
If they speak the truth about Christ, the Trinity, and Total Depravity, you are running away from doctrines of the bible. Have you studied the Ecumenical Creeds to see if they are true?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.” (1 John 4:2–3)

And?

Is there a POINT you are trying to make posting that scripture to me?

Like...did you see me post, anything to the contrary?
If that is your POINT...QUOTE my words, that you think are contrary to "this" scripture, and "then" there would be something for me to actually respond TO.

God Bless,
Taken

D

Dave L

And?

Is there a POINT you are trying to make posting that scripture to me?

Like...did you see me post, anything to the contrary?
If that is your POINT...QUOTE my words, that you think are contrary to "this" scripture, and "then" there would be something for me to actually respond TO.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay, thanks for sharing your Understanding is limited.

Scripture teaches....
WHEN a person makes a comment CONTRARY to Scripture ANOTHER person can COUNTER that comment, WITH Scripture.

YOU, have NOT YET revealed me saying ANYTHING CONTRARY to the Scripture you posted.

Thus you picking a RANDOM Scripture and repeatedly posting it TO ME....IS not CONTRARY to anything I have said.

Try again, ACCORDING to what Scripture Teaches...eh?

Identify, what you think I said CONTRARY to the Scripture you posted.

God Bless,
Taken

D

Dave L

Okay, thanks for sharing your Understanding is limited.

Scripture teaches....
WHEN a person makes a comment CONTRARY to Scripture ANOTHER person can COUNTER that comment, WITH Scripture.

YOU, have NOT YET revealed me saying ANYTHING CONTRARY to the Scripture you posted.

Thus you picking a RANDOM Scripture and repeatedly posting it TO ME....IS not CONTRARY to anything I have said.

Try again, ACCORDING to what Scripture Teaches...eh?

Identify, what you think I said CONTRARY to the Scripture you posted.

God Bless,
Taken
If you do not believe Jesus came in the flesh, you agree with the Jews who also deny this. John says any who do this have the spirit of Antichrist.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not believe Jesus came in the flesh, you agree with the Jews who also deny this. John says any who do this have the spirit of Antichrist.

"IF" ??

If you do not believe Jesus came in the flesh...

"IF" that was the case......WHERE IS MY QUOTE of me saying such a thing?

WHERE?

Why do you keep TRYING to pretend you are correcting with Scripture, something YOU HAVE YET to SHOW I said to the Contrary?

God Bless,
Taken

D

Dave L

BECAUSE, I Love Jesus;
AND

God Bless,
Taken

"IF" ??

"IF" that was the case......WHERE IS MY QUOTE of me saying such a thing?

WHERE?

Why do you keep TRYING to pretend you are correcting with Scripture, something YOU HAVE YET to SHOW I said to the Contrary?

God Bless,
Taken

How else should we understand you when you say Jesus was not human? "Natural human men come from the dust of the earth. Jesus came forth out from God in Heaven."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If they speak the truth about Christ, the Trinity, and Total Depravity, you are running away from doctrines of the bible. Have you studied the Ecumenical Creeds to see if they are true?
If anyone thinks he knows anything, he does not yet know it as he ought to know it

and this goes double for the "Holy" creed-makers imo. "Holy Fathers" cannot by definition speak any truth, particularly about Christ, and every one of those creeds are warped, self-serving yack that take half a truth and run with it, as can be demonstrated in about 5 minutes in Scripture

Reactions: Nancy and Helen