The Undiscovered Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"We're going to win this fight together"

does anyone reading this feel that it describes any aspect of their walk, their groping toward God?
anyone feel like they are constantly being invited into the pov against their better judgement?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Creeds are like books that draw conclusions about what the bible says on certain topics.
if the blind lead the blind, both fall into a ditch Dave. I'm sure the creeds were developed with the best of intentions though, don't get me wrong. And, i can't think of one that isn't half right, i must admit. Not considering the Catholic ones however

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ah ok, imo you have maybe ingested some things too, i mean you cannot possibly believe you can square your belief with Scripture Epi?

You don't believe that God can visit people? Or that a person can go to Zion or even the throne room for a visit?

That's the whole purpose of being reconciled to God.

John says...OUR fellowship is with the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. You don't have fellowship with your eyes closed.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
who is God's judge? dunno, sorry

maybe, but apparently 20 year olds cannot, so i would ask you for another example there

you discuss a person who has accepted logic, but dialectic thinkers do not face this dilemma wadr.

the logician feels compelled to discover an absolute truth in a matter and write a law for it down in stone, so he will "know," and then seeks others who believe the same things. the dialectic thinker is freed from this deception

But everything in the bible points to a person...not an abstract thought or a religious dogma. People will wag their heads and maybe agree that God is looking for a real relationship. But they will disagree when it comes to the real knowledge of God. That is because for them....it's not real. They have not really met the Lord.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My ways are not your ways

and i got prolly 50 more. 20 at least, Epi

But we can know His ways. To not know His ways means we will offend the Spirit in some way. So we are called to walk IN Christ...in Zion where He is. We can walk in 2 dimensions at once. His dimension is full of light and love. It is the best kept secret in the world. There is life waiting for us just beyond what is visible to the eyes. We enter in by faith....

Do you believe in the kingdom of God? Do you believe you were created for fellowship with God? What is stopping you from entering into His life and presence?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well, i'll let you be the judge of others, i'm not in any position tbh
My ways are not your ways

and i got prolly 50 more. 20 at least, Epi

What do you mean judge others. I am telling you about the kingdom of God. What judges people is their statement that they believe yet they don't enter.

I want to encourage people to enter...so that they won't be judged. So sometimes the very opposite to what one might expect is happening. I don't judge others...I exhort people to enter into fellowship with God. I try to explain what the Lord has shown me...not by a human opinion.

D

Dave L

if the blind lead the blind, both fall into a ditch Dave. I'm sure the creeds were developed with the best of intentions though, don't get me wrong. And, i can't think of one that isn't half right, i must admit. Not considering the Catholic ones however
Have you ever read the Ecumenical Creeds?

D

Dave L

i think education is good which is why i find fault with creeds that attempt to set truth in amber and must rely on ignoring a holistic view of Scripture, like...all of the creeds you mentioned, wadr
Have you ever read any of the Ecumenical Creeds?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is one divine person (God) supernaturally conceived by God, born of the virgin Mary

Gods Word and Gods Power has been coming Forth out from God and Speaking things into EXISTANCE "BEFORE" mankind was Created!

You learning Later God gave His Word and Power a Name does not change the Facts.

According to God, Jesus came forth out from God, and entered Mary's Womb.

without a human father.

God has neither Human Mother or Father.

He has a fully human nature (now glorified),

NOW? He always DID HAVE! He does not change!

and a fully divine nature.

God always DID HAVE full divinity.

If you do not believe this, you either believe in a false Christ or haven't yet arrived at an understanding of him.

Oh good grief, I do not have to revert to elementary knowledge and get stuck there.

God does not change; Jesus is the same every yesterday, tomorrow and forever.
There is nothing new under the sun.
What is, was.

I am fully aware of Who Christ Thee Lord Jesus IS...and that understanding did not come to me by reading Creeds devised by
the Created.

Your ridiculous and repeated challenge of my belief IN Christ Thee Lord Jesus, is unfounded and does nothing whatsoever to Glorify His Great Name.

God Bless,
Taken

D

Dave L

Gods Word and Gods Power has been coming Forth out from God and Speaking things into EXISTANCE "BEFORE" mankind was Created!

You learning Later God gave His Word and Power a Name does not change the Facts.

According to God, Jesus came forth out from God, and entered Mary's Womb.

God has neither Human Mother or Father.

NOW? He always DID HAVE! He does not change!

God always DID HAVE full divinity.

Oh good grief, I do not have to revert to elementary knowledge and get stuck there.

God does not change; Jesus is the same every yesterday, tomorrow and forever.
There is nothing new under the sun.
What is, was.

I am fully aware of Who Christ Thee Lord Jesus IS...and that understanding did not come to me by reading Creeds devised by
the Created.

Your ridiculous and repeated challenge of my belief IN Christ Thee Lord Jesus, is unfounded and does nothing whatsoever to Glorify His Great Name.

God Bless,
Taken
So are you agreeing he was a man too? As far as his nature?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Which do you find the most problematic? And quickly why?
"
The Jewish problem

All this may shed a significant beam of light on why so many rulers had so much trouble with the Hebrews, Jews and early Christians: they wouldn't sit still! A people that huddles around a clearly visible effigy can be knocked into submission by knocking that deity off its socket (1 Samuel 5:3, 2 Kings 19:12). And a state that's formed on a particular set of "self-evident truths" can be easily dismantled by disproving the merits of these founding premises. But a nation of people that is devoted to learning, to changing, bending, doubting, refining and reforming can not possibly be molded into shape..." The amazing name Hebrew: meaning and etymology

so maybe it would be better if you just pick one and defend it as best you are able, and idc if you pick Oneness or Trinity, Total Depravity or Child of God, doesn't matter to me