The White Horse of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If no evil is actually mentioned of the white horse rider nor any good specifically mentioned... only that a crown was given and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Good observation here. What is that "crown" that was given and how does one get one? I'm assuming these aren't the paper hats they hand out at Burger King.

Maybe like you say...

Might this not be anything more than a signpost?
Not an anti-Christ nor a Christ figure... but just something of note that is easily recognised?
Could it just be that a notable figure steps on the world stage for a time and is as literature-ally described?

Maybe you all are looking for too deep a meaning here. Maybe this person is someone who is not a ruler, but is given the status of a ruler, and just goes from triumph to triumph in all their worldly endeavours.

Maybe it's just some guy with a goofy crown.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have such a hard time accepting the idea that the ideas they've accepted are just ideas.

Does that sound like double-speak? It goes like this.... Someone says something 'profound' - a deep insight and because it has a ring of truth or perhaps because it offers an ounce of comfort, the idea gets accepted and then once accepted it gets repeated and maybe it gets widely accepted and at some point it might become a majority view or even orthodoxy. It's still just someone's idea. These are beliefs and folks should be careful about insisting that their beliefs are more than ideas they have about certain things. When someone says that they have the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.... run from that person (or church).

This idea of the crown on the rider is a perfect example. Unless you've seen him yourself and can describe what you saw-- it's all speculation. Secondly, it's translation. It's a rendering of one thing into something else. The original idea has been changed. Like transportation is going from one place to another, or transfer is trading one thing for another, or transgender is... It means that it's no longer what it once was. That's what translation does.

So this crown, like this bow takes on a different meaning by way of translation. John maybe saw a laurel wrapped around the head of this rider signifying a victor (a concept Paul seems to have understood) but translators render that as crown. John sees a fabric (toxon) wrapped around the head of this rider and people develop that idea into a bow and arrows.

Interestingly-- later in Rev 19 there is the white horse again, and it's rider is described as having many crowns on his head... but the word is different than Rev 6. Instead of stephanos, it's diadema (diadem) which when translated becomes once again- crown, but in it's original usage it relates more closely to fabric wrapped around like a headband. A toxon wrapped around the crown of one's head.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly-- later in Rev 19 there is the white horse again, and it's rider is described as having many crowns on his head... but the word is different than Rev 6. Instead of stephanos, it's diadema (diadem) which when translated becomes once again- crown, but in it's original usage it relates more closely to fabric wrapped around like a headband. A toxon wrapped around the crown of one's head.

As you are probably aware (I have not read all of your posts) the stephanos crown is the leaf crown of victory. The leaf crown of victory is the symbol of the UN. So, it is very likely that the rider on the white horse, the false Christ of the 1st seal, will be the Secretary General of the UN.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good observation here. What is that "crown" that was given and how does one get one? I'm assuming these aren't the paper hats they hand out at Burger King.

Maybe like you say...

Maybe it's just some guy with a goofy crown.

What is a crown other that authority and respect of others. Celebrity.
Hmmm... Possibly.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you are probably aware (I have not read all of your posts) the stephanos crown is the leaf crown of victory. The leaf crown of victory is the symbol of the UN. So, it is very likely that the rider on the white horse, the false Christ of the 1st seal, will be the Secretary General of the UN.

“One thing leads to another” in the word association game.

And as long as we are quippin’ quotes... “You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.”

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally believe the white horse represents the spirit of the antichrist. This world is so "anti-Christ", anti God, everything is flying in the face of the will of God. I see the four horsemen as each having a unique task that prepares the way for the anti-christ.

This is what I believe the Holy Spirit has shared with me; however, I encourage everyone to use right discernment and research for themselves.

With the new Prime Minister of Israel going to the UN and stating that Israel agrees to a two-state solution with Palestine, the entire time using the words "peace" and "security" over and over (I know peace was said every other sentence), we truly are seeing the end times unfold. I also heard that Israel, after 2000 years, has been given 5 "spotless" red heifers...hmmmm.

You should update your understanding about 1 John 2:18 regarding the word "antichrist". Apostle John gave TWO phrases there using that word. The first phrase he simply mentioned how they had already heard that "antichrist" (singular) shall come. John was NOT simply speaking of some evil spirit working with that, he was pointing to a false one that even Lord Jesus had warned about for the end in Matthew 24:23-26...

Matt 24:21-26
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

That above is the first proof that Jesus was pointing to a singular Antichrist figure, a person those deceived will come up to you and say that, "Lo, here is Christ, or there". Lord Jesus said don't believe it. Why? Because His coming will be after that false one comes first. That one is the same one Apostle Paul warned about in 2 Thessalonians 2:4.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Jesus is more specific 'how' that coming false Christ will work. The phrase "false Christs" is actually singular per the context of these 23-26 verses, not plural like how the KJV translators brought the Greek word pseudochristos into English (2 Greek words, pseudo = false, and christos = Christ, singular). That false one is going to work those great signs, wonders, and miracles per Revelation 13:11 forward, that will be so supernaturally powerful, that it would IF POSSIBLE, deceive even Christ's own chosen very elect. That is what that verse is pointing to, not some fake religious nut that only claims to be Jesus Christ, and can't find his way out of a wet paper bag.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, he is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, he is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
KJV

Jesus gives the warning a SECOND TIME, which means we had better pay attention to this and be on guard against that coming deception!

Thus the idea that the word "antichrist" simply means the 'spirit of antichrist' like an EVIL FORCE only, that is a doctrine of the devil designed to hide that coming false Christ.

Last edited: