The White Horse of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek 'toxon' ("bow") has to be considered in the era it was written, and also in relation to the "crown" (stephanos) given this figure on the white horse, and the fact that these Signs in Rev.6 Lord Jesus was giving John directly parallel the Signs Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse. And what was Jesus' 1st Sign He gave in His Olivet discourse?

Matt 24:4
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, "Take heed that no man deceive you."

KJV

Mark 13:5
5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
KJV

That is exactly what the coming Antichrist-false-Messiah is to do in the end for the great tribulation just prior to Lord Jesus' future return, i.e. deceive the whole world (except Christ's elect), per Revelation 13:4-8.

That was Jesus' 1st Sign of warning in His Olivet discourse.

Notice in Revelation 6:1, it does not say that seal is actually the 1st Seal. It only says, "one of the seals". Why would it say that instead plainly, "the first seal", like how the other seals are addressed?

That is yet another clue, for those paying attention, that this rider on the white horse is not our Lord Jesus, but an imposter. That because the Antichrist-false-Messiah does not show up on the 1st Seal, but on a later Seal. But because Lord Jesus gave the warning to not allow any man to deceive us as His first Sign of warning in His Olivet discourse, that is likely why this rider on the white horse trying to appear... like Him, is given first, and why we are not told at the start of Rev.6 just what specific Seal this fake one will appear on.

I believe the sorcery idea is literal, but not about the 'toxon' word used about the false rider on the white horse. That rider will be a literal false one coming to play Christ in Jerusalem for the end. Lord Jesus specifically warned about him in Matthew 24:23-26, telling those of His in Jerusalem to not fall into worship of that false one when the deceived claim that is Lord Jesus. So if you fall into a translation fallacy you could accidentally steer away from the idea of that Revelation 6 white horse rider and instead into something else other than a specific false one coming to play Messiah.

Interesting note-

When Jesus showed up the religious leaders considered him the opposite (anti) of what he was. They based their perspective on their understanding of the scriptures.

Did they not know the scriptures? They did— backwards and forwards.... but mostly backwards.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting note-

When Jesus showed up the religious leaders considered him the opposite (anti) of what he was. They based their perspective on their understanding of the scriptures.

Did they not know the scriptures? They did— backwards and forwards.... but mostly backwards.

I'm just trying to help. If by "religious leaders" you mean those blind scribes and Pharisees that sought something against Jesus in order to have Him crucified, then yes, they understood the Scriptures somewhat, but not well. That because many of them were actually not born of the seed of Israel. Not all of them, but just the ones that had crept in among Israel back in Israel's earlier history.

You can do some research into the writings of the Jewish historian Josephus (100 A.D.) and learn how even the high priest office had become corrupted with foreigners by the time of Lord Jesus' 1st coming. 1 Chronicles 2:55 reveals that a foreign peoples known as Kenites were the scribes of Israel in charge of keeping copies of God's Word from generation to generation. The Kenites were actually a people of the land of Canaan, per Genesis 15.

This is an important Bible study, because Lord Jesus explained it in Matthew 13 in His parable of the tares of the field. Early on, when God through Joshua led the children of Israel into the lands of Canaan, God told them to literally destroy 7 specific Canaanite nations (Deuteronomy 20). Back 430 years before, God had told Abraham that the iniquity of the Amorites (one of those nations of Canaan) was not yet full. So by the time of Joshua, God had given those Canaanites 430 years to repent. Further, the Rephaim (giant hybrids) lived in those Canaanite nations, and that was another reason why God wanted those 7 nations wiped out.

But the children of Israel failed in destroying them all, so in Judges 2 & 3 God said He would leave those pagans dwelling among Israel to TEST them with, to see if Israel would follow Him or not. Thus began the tares creeping in among the children of Israel. One group of Canaanites disguised themselves as if they were a foreign people traveling from afar and were starving. They asked to make a pact with Joshua to come into and live with the children of Israel. Joshua agreed. Then Joshua found out those were actually Canaanites disguised as being from afar because those Canaanites heard of the destructions by Israel and feared for their lives. Thus Joshua made those Canaanites 'bondservants' to Israel. In 1 Kings 9:19-22, those leftovers of the Canaanites are still dwelling among Israel as bondservants.

Those also went into captivity with the house of Judah to Babylon, and many of them returned as priests and Nethinims (given to temple service). See Ezra 2. And in Ezra 8, the Israelite scribe Ezra sees none of the sons of Levi returning to Jerusalem after the Babylon captivity, so Ezra sends the Iddo, the head Nethinim (foreigner) back to Babylon to get Levite priests. In Ezra 9, he is told that the Israelite elders had taken wives of the Canaanites while captive in Babylon, and had children by them. Then a great assembly was held, and they all agreed to put away their Canaanite wives and children, but then it started raining and broke up the meeting. The last verse of Zechariah 14 reveals that only once Jesus returns to reign will there no more be the Canaanite in the house of God.

This reveals they are still dwelling among today's leaders of Israel. Thus no wonder so many of the unbelieving Jews today are still being misled, and also to fulfill what Paul said that God placed the 'spirit of stupor' upon the unbelieving Jews so The Gospel would go to the Gentiles (Romans 11).

Many brethren don't get that Bible history because of lack of Old Testament study. It's very important though, because it explains how the world and its power structure got to where it is today.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just trying to help. If by "religious leaders" you mean those blind scribes and Pharisees that sought something against Jesus in order to have Him crucified, then yes, they understood the Scriptures somewhat, but not well. That because many of them were actually not born of the seed of Israel. Not all of them, but just the ones that had crept in among Israel back in Israel's earlier history.

You can do some research into the writings of the Jewish historian Josephus (100 A.D.) and learn how even the high priest office had become corrupted with foreigners by the time of Lord Jesus' 1st coming. 1 Chronicles 2:55 reveals that a foreign peoples known as Kenites were the scribes of Israel in charge of keeping copies of God's Word from generation to generation. The Kenites were actually a people of the land of Canaan, per Genesis 15.

This is an important Bible study, because Lord Jesus explained it in Matthew 13 in His parable of the tares of the field. Early on, when God through Joshua led the children of Israel into the lands of Canaan, God told them to literally destroy 7 specific Canaanite nations (Deuteronomy 20). Back 430 years before, God had told Abraham that the iniquity of the Amorites (one of those nations of Canaan) was not yet full. So by the time of Joshua, God had given those Canaanites 430 years to repent. Further, the Rephaim (giant hybrids) lived in those Canaanite nations, and that was another reason why God wanted those 7 nations wiped out.

But the children of Israel failed in destroying them all, so in Judges 2 & 3 God said He would leave those pagans dwelling among Israel to TEST them with, to see if Israel would follow Him or not. Thus began the tares creeping in among the children of Israel. One group of Canaanites disguised themselves as if they were a foreign people traveling from afar and were starving. They asked to make a pact with Joshua to come into and live with the children of Israel. Joshua agreed. Then Joshua found out those were actually Canaanites disguised as being from afar because those Canaanites heard of the destructions by Israel and feared for their lives. Thus Joshua made those Canaanites 'bondservants' to Israel. In 1 Kings 9:19-22, those leftovers of the Canaanites are still dwelling among Israel as bondservants.

Those also went into captivity with the house of Judah to Babylon, and many of them returned as priests and Nethinims (given to temple service). See Ezra 2. And in Ezra 8, the Israelite scribe Ezra sees none of the sons of Levi returning to Jerusalem after the Babylon captivity, so Ezra sends the Iddo, the head Nethinim (foreigner) back to Babylon to get Levite priests. In Ezra 9, he is told that the Israelite elders had taken wives of the Canaanites while captive in Babylon, and had children by them. Then a great assembly was held, and they all agreed to put away their Canaanite wives and children, but then it started raining and broke up the meeting. The last verse of Zechariah 14 reveals that only once Jesus returns to reign will there no more be the Canaanite in the house of God.

This reveals they are still dwelling among today's leaders of Israel. Thus no wonder so many of the unbelieving Jews today are still being misled, and also to fulfill what Paul said that God placed the 'spirit of stupor' upon the unbelieving Jews so The Gospel would go to the Gentiles (Romans 11).

Many brethren don't get that Bible history because of lack of Old Testament study. It's very important though, because it explains how the world and its power structure got to where it is today.

Jesus called them ‘experts.’ I’m going to go with experts.

I’m very familiar with Josephus, thanks.

My point stands. You may be betting on the wrong horse (and rider).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I definitely am not... betting on the wrong horse, so I don't know why you'd say that, unless it's a mark of your jealousy over what I tried... to show you from Scripture.

A false-Messiah is coming to play Jesus in Jerusalem first, prior to Lord Jesus' return to destroy that Wicked one. That is what The Scriptures declare, and what I follow. So what is it that you... follow about the endtime events of Christ's future coming?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I definitely am not... betting on the wrong horse, so I don't know why you'd say that, unless it's a mark of your jealousy over what I tried... to show you from Scripture.

A false-Messiah is coming to play Jesus in Jerusalem first, prior to Lord Jesus' return to destroy that Wicked one. That is what The Scriptures declare, and what I follow. So what is it that you... follow about the endtime events of Christ's future coming?

That must be it Davy. I mean why would anyone see things differently from you if they weren’t jealous of you. lol.

There is nothing either written in the actual text or referenced about this white horse and it’s rider that speaks evil of them.

So why do you?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally believe the white horse represents the spirit of the antichrist. This world is so "anti-Christ", anti God, everything is flying in the face of the will of God. I see the four horsemen as each having a unique task that prepares the way for the anti-christ.

This is what I believe the Holy Spirit has shared with me; however, I encourage everyone to use right discernment and research for themselves.

With the new Prime Minister of Israel going to the UN and stating that Israel agrees to a two-state solution with Palestine, the entire time using the words "peace" and "security" over and over (I know peace was said every other sentence), we truly are seeing the end times unfold. I also heard that Israel, after 2000 years, has been given 5 "spotless" red heifers...hmmmm.
I've come to think of the white horse being the beginning of the formal beast empire. This is the empire which will be headed by 10 kings with the beast, who will give their power to the beast.

I've come to see the four horsemen as impacting four areas of life, Geo-political, Social, Economic, Environmental. The birth pangs are increasing as each of these areas become increasingly hostile to man. When the horsemen are sent out, these conditions become the overwhelming new state of existence.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption doesn't await all Jews in Israel as you suggest, only the 1/3 remnant is called and chosen, the rest will die Zechariah 13:8-9
There is only one way to obtain REDEMPTION , for there is only ONE who can REDEEM us to GOD .
It dont matter if i am jewish born , IF I KNOW NOT CHRIST , ME IS GONNA BURN in a lake of fire . THAT IS A FACT .
Too many folks HATE THE JEWS . THey accuse follks like me of hating the jews , BUT THEY DO .
CAUSE I POINT FOLKS TO JESUS and they give the jews a pass by saying things such as YOU GODS KIDS , all is well
EVEN if ya dont beleive in JESUS . what a LIE that is . What a lie . THEY are haters , they hate the jews
they hate muslims , they hate gays , they hate buddists , they hate humanity , CAUSE THEY WONT CORRECT THEM
they accept them as IS and give them false hope . AS for me , whom they consider the hater
I SAY , REPENT AND BELIEVE IN JESUS . That makes me the hater in their eyes . BUT ITS they who hate
their love is false , their god is satan and all they do is try and find any way to find common ground and have hugs and unity
and yet DENY TRUTH for said love and said unity . THIS world and most all churches are tanked . GET IN BIBLES .
GET IN BIBLES . GET IN BIBLES and learn THAT JESUS , HIS doctrine and later the doctrine the apostels left us in said bible .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've come to think of the white horse being the beginning of the formal beast empire. This is the empire which will be headed by 10 kings with the beast, who will give their power to the beast.

I've come to see the four horsemen as impacting four areas of life, Geo-political, Social, Economic, Environmental. The birth pangs are increasing as each of these areas become increasingly hostile to man. When the horsemen are sent out, these conditions become the overwhelming new state of existence.

Much love!
The entire BUILD back better , social gospel , all inclusive gosple , digital system , we are one lie
IS all being led RIGHT NOW . BY THE D TEN . Take note that is TEN OF THEM .
TEN KINGS shall rule one hour with the beast . May i suggest WE ARE MUCH FARTHER along than most folks realize
and that THE DAY OF THE GLORIOUS LORD is indeed much closer than folks realize . AND this is all being sold to the world
through the guise of world PEACE and SAFETY . THE last time i checked , DIDNT paul say about the time they are
saying peace and safety .........................
My advice is , BE YE READY FOR YE KNOW NOT THE HOUR YOUR LORD DOES COME .

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That must be it Davy. I mean why would anyone see things differently from you if they weren’t jealous of you. lol.

There is nothing either written in the actual text or referenced about this white horse and it’s rider that speaks evil of them.

So why do you?

Sorry that my Biblical explanation about the 'tares' and God's command to Israel to literally wipe out 7 nations of the land of Canaan upset you. I'm well aware that a lot of congregations think they are too good for God's Word to cover those parts of God's written Word, so they bypass those subjects.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people have their own fanciful ideas of what the white horse and its rider supposedly represents, but they're not basing those ideas on what the Bible clearly teaches. All of the horses and their riders parallel the signs Jesus gave in Matt. 24:4-7, and the first one He gave was counterfeit Christianity being spread throughout the world in His name, regardless of the various forms it takes.

The rider is not "the Antichrist". Jesus said many deceivers will come in His name, not just 1. Furthermore, Jesus did not teach that this rider would show up immediately before the Tribulation. He clearly said that this will be a trend in the entire period of time that leads up to the Tribulation. Contrary to what most "Christians" believe, the white horse has been hard at work opposing biblical Christianity for the past 1700 or so years. It is not a future event or even a recent phenomena.

Reactions: Mr E

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people have their own fanciful ideas of what the white horse and its rider supposedly represents, but they're not basing those ideas on what the Bible clearly teaches. All of the horses and their riders parallel the signs Jesus gave in Matt. 24:4-7, and the first one He gave was counterfeit Christianity being spread throughout the world in His name, regardless of the various forms it takes.

The rider is not "the Antichrist". Jesus said many deceivers will come in His name, not just 1. Furthermore, Jesus did not teach that this rider would show up immediately before the Tribulation. He clearly said that this will be a trend in the entire period of time that leads up to the Tribulation. Contrary to what most "Christians" believe, the white horse has been hard at work opposing biblical Christianity for the past 1700 or so years. It is not a future event or even a recent phenomena.

It's good that you recognize Lord Jesus' Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 being a source for the Revelation 6 horses and events, but consider the following.

The two following Scriptures are not... the same event. They occur at separate times:

Matt 24:5
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, "I am Christ"; and shall deceive many.

KJV

The above is about John's idea of the "many antichrists". It happens prior to the great tribulation. This is apparently where Apostle John got the "antichrist" idea, from Lord Jesus. Even in my era there have been 'many' that have claimed they were Christ. But all those had no power of miracles to do great signs and wonders to deceive with, and that's the main difference between 'the' "antichrist" (singular false one), and the "many antichrists" (his followers or workers).

Matt 24:23-26
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.

KJV

The above is for the "great tribulation" time, and instead is about the singular "antichrist" figure that John also mentioned in 1 John 2:18, and that they had already heard shall come. That KJV phrase "false Christs" is from 2 Greek words, 'pseudo', which means false, and 'christos', which is Christ singular. Verse 26 is in the singular context to further prove Lord Jesus did not mean 'many' here, but a specific false one the deceived will say is Christ, along with his working of those great signs and wonders to deceive with.

Towards the end of Revelation 13 we are also shown about this singular false one, named as the "another beast", coming to work those signs and wonders to deceive the whole world with, even raining fire down from heaven to the earth in sight of men. Likewise in 2 Thessalonians 2, Apostle Paul pointed to this singular pseudo-Christ coming to sit in a temple in Jerusalem, and proclaim himself as God, working those signs and wonders.

Thus the rider on the white horse of the 1st Seal most definitely is about the coming singular Antichrist that Lord Jesus and His Apostles revealed will try and play Christ and work great signs and wonders to deceive the whole world with. In Revelation, Lord Jesus revealed who that false one will be, but the majority of brethren have been conditioned by men's doctrines for so long they won't believe it.

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all,

We posted a message on the potential symbology and meaning of the white horse in the book of Revelation. You probably will hear some things that you haven't heard before and I urge you to apply your own discernment and ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom in interpretation.

If this is something that interests you, please join the discussion on YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes

I pray that you all are having a wonderfully blessed day!

The rider of this white horse has a bow, an offensive weapon of war, but he is also given a crown. The only righteous ones seen wearing crowns during the Lord’s Day are Jesus and the class represented by the 24 elders. (Daniel 7:13, 14, 27; Luke 1:31-33; Revelation 4:4, 10; 14:14) It is unlikely that a member of the group of 24 elders would be pictured as receiving a crown on his own merit. Hence, this lone horseman must be Jesus Christ and no other. (Psalm 2:6-8; Revelation 19:11-16) Thus, in opening the first seal Jesus reveals how he himself, as the newly crowned King, sallies forth to war at God’s appointed time. Compare these other supporting scriptures: John 1:1, 14; Revelation 1:5, 14, 16; 2:17, 18, 27; 3:14; 12:5; 17:14.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

:):vgood:

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 0

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rider of this white horse has a bow, an offensive weapon of war, but he is also given a crown. The only righteous ones seen wearing crowns during the Lord’s Day are Jesus and the class represented by the 24 elders. (Daniel 7:13, 14, 27; Luke 1:31-33; Revelation 4:4, 10; 14:14) It is unlikely that a member of the group of 24 elders would be pictured as receiving a crown on his own merit. Hence, this lone horseman must be Jesus Christ and no other. (Psalm 2:6-8; Revelation 19:11-16) Thus, in opening the first seal Jesus reveals how he himself, as the newly crowned King, sallies forth to war at God’s appointed time. Compare these other supporting scriptures: John 1:1, 14; Revelation 1:5, 14, 16; 2:17, 18, 27; 3:14; 12:5; 17:14.

While widely accepted, can you be sure that 'the bow' is referring to a weapon of war?

The same Greek word is used for anything arched, or an arc and in it's usage it really does include a fabric bag from which a sower would cast seed (in an arc) when planting. You know-- in Hebrew, there were different words for bow and arrows. Example- Jer 5:13

Its arrows are sharp and all its bows are bent;
The hoofs of its horses seem like flint and its chariot wheels like a whirlwind.

If ancient Hebrews knew the difference, we are now to think that Greeks did not? That they meant bow and arrows, and they meant poison arrows when they said "fabric?" We don't have to speculate. Just reference some other old Greek writings about say... Artemis-- she was always depicted as having a bow and arrows, a goddess of archery, a hunter. Did the Greeks not have different words for bow and arrow that differed from 'toxon?'

Or The Odessey, or the Ilead--- always toxon for all these things?

5115. toxon -- a bow
... word Definition a bow NASB Word Usage bow (1). a bow. From the base of tikto; a
bow (apparently as the simplest fabric) -- bow. see GREEK tikto. ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/5115.htm - 6k

Strong's says-- SEE GREEK WORD-- tikto so shouldn't we do that? Does it have more to do with bows (and arrows) or the idea of sowing?

Tikto--

. to bring forth, bear, produce (fruit from the seed)
a. of a woman giving birth
b. of the earth bringing forth its fruits
c. metaph. to bear, bring forth

Source: Strong's Greek: 5088 τίκτω (tikto) - bring forth, be delivered, be born, be in travail, bear

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If no evil is actually mentioned of the white horse rider nor any good specifically mentioned... only that a crown was given and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Might this not be anything more than a signpost?
Not an anti-Christ nor a Christ figure... but just something of note that is easily recognised?
Could it just be that a notable figure steps on the world stage for a time and is as literature-ally described?

Maybe you all are looking for too deep a meaning here. Maybe this person is someone who is not a ruler, but is given the status of a ruler, and just goes from triumph to triumph in all their worldly endeavours.