The Winepress

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can’t say I understand as I haven’t experienced what you have. But regarding :

Have you told Him you are offended? no one can answer you better there, then God. Work it out with Him. John the Baptist waiting in prison to be beheaded, received, “blessed is he who is not offended in Me.” How do you move pass that? To me “blessed” is working out with Him the offensive parts and not denying they are there. For what it is worth...don’t think it is perverse enjoyment but instead “long-suffering” for what is born.
Well then, I guess I am not too "blessed."

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then, I guess I am not too "blessed."

That was not meant in any way as a slight or as condemning. Many things I’ve been offended over...was only suggesting from experience in the past He was the only one to convince me otherwise. For instance all I heard was a tyrant who went around shouting “for My glory! For My glory! For My name sake!” All I heard was a self seeking Tyrant, yet my neglecting of 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 ... Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Or Hebrews 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Not trying to convince you, only want you to believe I didn’t mean it the way it may have sounded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it has just been a reaction to the Lock-down. For me, it began February 13th. I blew up Wednesday morning, throwing a food tray, and accusing my wife of messing with my head. (I spent ten hours away from the house.)
I require interaction with people, and I guess this time has been a strain.

Been thinking a lot about what you said. Hopefully you are better. see your point though. Sometimes I feel like throwing things too. Was thinking last night about being asked “where is the fruit”. Was thinking about how He said He will give the Spirit to those who ask. Also how He will give whatever is asked in His name. I’m struggling with how is “that you bear fruit” not in His name? Would you be happy with Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

I would. Feel like sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth when talking to you, but I like your honesty. I’m saying I read where it says to bless and curse not. But with my words time and time again, this bitter frustration (lack of patience) rises up and I tear down with words and curse and spit and growl.

Reactions: Willie T