The Witnesses Prophesy About The 1,260 Days?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Revelation 11:2-3 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. And I will give power unto My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

1. The spiritual holy city being trampled is us....believers. We are His temple and His holy city.
2. The two witnesses are two groups of witnesses....We are His witnesses that prophesy.
3. The 42 months and 1,260 days are the same span of time, are they a concurrent 3 1/2 years?

The question is....shall they/we prophesy during the 1,260 days or....shall they/we prophesy about those 1,260 days? It could be read either way. We read of that same time span in....​

Revelation 12:6 (666) And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The 12:6, or 666, marks that time as Satan's time. Who is the "they" that feed her? Does the 666 tell us which of the witnesses is feeding her or is it both? As God has "two witnesses" Satan also has...."two false witnesses."

Matthew 26:60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,

Is the "place prepared of God" that the woman flees to a place of safety or a place of testing. The wilderness simply means the world.....​

Isaiah 14:16-17 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Another mention of that time frame is.....​

Revelation 13:1,5 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. (5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Are there thoughts on that time and if the witnesses prophesy about that time or during that time?

lecoop

May 21, 2008
Revelation 11:2-3 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. And I will give power unto My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

1. The spiritual holy city being trampled is us....believers. We are His temple and His holy city.
2. The two witnesses are two groups of witnesses....We are His witnesses that prophesy.
3. The 42 months and 1,260 days are the same span of time, are they a concurrent 3 1/2 years?

The question is....shall they/we prophesy during the 1,260 days or....shall they/we prophesy about those 1,260 days? It could be read either way. We read of that same time span in....​

Revelation 12:6 (666) And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The 12:6, or 666, marks that time as Satan's time. Who is the "they" that feed her? Does the 666 tell us which of the witnesses is feeding her or is it both? As God has "two witnesses" Satan also has...."two false witnesses."

Matthew 26:60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,

Is the "place prepared of God" that the woman flees to a place of safety or a place of testing. The wilderness simply means the world.....​

Isaiah 14:16-17 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Another mention of that time frame is.....​

Revelation 13:1,5 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. (5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Are there thoughts on that time and if the witnesses prophesy about that time or during that time?

Do you mean that in ever chapter 12 in the bible, the 6th verse means it is Satan's verse? NO NO NO!! it is GOD'S word. You can't play with numbers like that. Those numbers were added LATER, and have NOTHING to do with the meaning of the text. It is only chapter 12 in meaning, and verse six IN chapter 12, so we can find it easily. It has NOTHING to do with SAtan, except that He will be AFTER the woman. But, he is after her in verse 7 too. And in Chapter 13.

They testify FOR 1260 days, or DURING the last half of the week.

Coop

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Do you mean that in ever chapter 12 in the bible, the 6th verse means it is Satan's verse? NO NO NO!! it is GOD'S word. You can't play with numbers like that. Those numbers were added LATER, and have NOTHING to do with the meaning of the text. It is only chapter 12 in meaning, and verse six IN chapter 12, so we can find it easily. It has NOTHING to do with SAtan, except that He will be AFTER the woman. But, he is after her in verse 7 too. And in Chapter 13.

Coop

So, Coop, where do you find the word "for" in the text? Or are you inventing it? You can't just add words when YOU want.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
So, Coop, where do you find the word "for" in the text? Or are you inventing it? You can't just add words when YOU want.

Good morning Jerry....I was hoping the title of this thread would lure you and Irish in. :D Both of you have commented on prophesying about the days rather then during the 1,260 days. But, neither of you has so far explained. I'm very interested and hope you'll take time to explain your thoughts.

Coop

Hi Coop. :)

It is interesting to notice the chapter and verse numbers, and their meaning, in corrolation to the message of certain key verses. I know they were added later but do you not think God had His hand in that too?

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I believe the two witnesses will prophesy the first 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation. Based on what they are capabilities will be, I too believe that they will be Elijah and Moses. There's a reason why Elijah was "raptured" and why satan fought for Moses' dead body.