The woman caught in Adultery

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m learning more each and every day!

There a woman in Revelation that is chased into the desert in birth pains. She is about to deliver a man child. As the story goes a dragon’s awaits the delivery wishing to devour the child but the earth helps the woman.

Can you see this woman as young Mary?

And the dragon is called Harold? No? How about Herod?

Reactions: Waiting on him

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
— Galatians 1:17-18
It could be a misunderstanding on my part?
Paul at some point receive the Gospel he taught from the Man Jesus Christ.

What do you believe Paul was up too there in the region where Mt Sinai is located for three years?
Dear waiting on him,
Gal 1:17-18 doesn't mention any specific amount of time that Paul spent in Arabia. It says that after he returned from Arabia, he spent three years in Damascus. As for what Paul did in Arabia for the unspecified time he spent there, the scripture doesn't say. But if we read about Paul's conversion experience in Acts 9, there is a clue.

Acts 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

I believe that the time Paul spent in Arabia is when Paul received his meat (truth) directly from Christ. After an unspecified amount of time in Arabia, Paul returned to Damascus (for 3 years) and that is when he went straightway to preach in the synagogues (v. 20). Acts 9:21-25 continues and says that because of Paul's preaching, the Jews in Damascus planned to kill him, but that Paul escaped by being lowered in a basket from the city wall. Then in verse 26, it says that from there, Paul went to Jerusalem and saw the Apostles.

That's what makes sense to me.

Joe

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading Genesis this morning and something really odd occurred to me. In the account of the woman eating from the tree of knowledge, it is the man that is put out of the garden. No mention of the woman. They become one.

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
— Genesis 3:22-24

The Man became as one of us? No mention of the woman. The man went east.
Dear waiting on him,
Yes, that is a good observation about scripture only saying that the man was cast out. But since Adam and Eve are "one flesh", we can know that Eve went with Adam. Adam is the head and Eve is the spiritual nature (marred spirit).

Joe

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear waiting on him,
Yes, that is a good observation about scripture only saying that the man was cast out. But since Adam and Eve are "one flesh", we can know that Eve went with Adam. Adam is the head and Eve is the spiritual nature (marred spirit).

Joe
Indeed! Male and female God created them and called their name Adam. In the day He created them.

I believe Gods creation began with Jesus. First century when the breath of life was breathed into him. Genesis in my understanding is simply an allegorical story penned by a man that was given visions from God over a thousand years prior to it taking place.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m learning more each and every day!

There a woman in Revelation that is chased into the desert in birth pains. She is about to deliver a man child. As the story goes a dragon’s awaits the delivery wishing to devour the child but the earth helps the woman.
Dear Waiting on him,
Revelation is like the Grand Central Station for spiritual symbols which are found elsewhere in scripture.

The primary teaching of Revelation is the pathway to salvation that the Elect will travel. Chapter 12 is one of those places where that pathway taught (a little here, and a little there).

Maybe later this week, I can find the time to go through chapter 12 in detail with you.

To get you started, do you understand what the 1,260 days mentioned in verse 6 represents?

That number is a symbol and not literal days. Without understanding what that number represents, it is difficult to understand the full message of chapter 12.

If you go to my website (shown under my member name) and read papers E. & F. on Daniel's Seventy Weeks Prophecy, I teach the meaning of that number in those papers.

Joe

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If she was caught in the act then obviously the man would have been there.

But still today there is that blame of women who are raped or seduced and even now there are certain places where a raped woman will be punished by death.
I love how people spiritualize everything and never answer the actual question. The basic truth is, if the woman was caught in adultery, so was the man she was caught with. Under the law, both should have been stoned. There are all sorts of indications of dishonesty and ill intent in that account. Thankfully, Jesus knew their hearts.

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed! Male and female God created them and called their name Adam. In the day He created them.

I believe Gods creation began with Jesus. First century when the breath of life was breathed into him. Genesis in my understanding is simply an allegorical story penned by a man that was given visions from God over a thousand years prior to it taking place.
Dear Waiting on him,
Yes, Jesus was created by His Father. However, Jesus was created prior to the beginning of this creation. In fact, the Father used Christ to create everything in this creation:

1Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Since everything was made by Christ, it is correct to say that Jesus is mankind's God and Father. But at the same time, we must recognize that God the Father is Jesus' God "of whom are all things":

2Cor 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

This is all the time I have for right now. I'll try to find more time later today or maybe tomorrow (as the Lord wills).

Joe

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love how people spiritualize everything and never answer the actual question. The basic truth is, if the woman was caught in adultery, so was the man she was caught with. Under the law, both should have been stoned. There are all sorts of indications of dishonesty and ill intent in that account. Thankfully, Jesus knew their hearts.
The letter kills, but with spirit of God gives life.

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl