The wonder of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One of your posts has a dot ( a period )... I usually do that when I have said something I might later come to regret...

I haven't really woken up yet.. It was my lame shot at humour before coffee.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One of your posts has a dot ( a period )... I usually do that when I have said something I might later come to regret...

I haven't really woken up yet.. It was my lame shot at humour before coffee.
ohhh...yeah, sometimes I mess up in the post as it is being written and I have not found a way to delete it. The easiest so far has been to put in a dot and start a fresh post

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ohhh...yeah, sometimes I mess up in the post as it is being written and I have not found a way to delete it. The easiest so far has been to put in a dot and start a fresh post
The posts that YOU write allow you to EDIT without a time limit... so... you can go back.. ERASE an entire post and then just add or change whatever you want.... the private messages on the other hand have a 5 minute limit to EDIT.

So... the only reason you NEED the dot (.) is when you want to pull out of the conversation completely.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy. I haven'y heard from u in a while either. Hope all is well...

The Mallard duck from the northern hemisphere looks exactly the same...
View attachment 15779

Its even got the same band of blue wings that can only usually be seen in flight...
Hmmm i was told it was a shell duck but i was misinformed...
Mallard ducks were introduced to Australia so im fairly certain now that Barry is a Mallard duck

Im fairly sure ducks are polygamous. But funny u should mention geese. Iv had some encounters with them as well...
Never hand feed a goose... They have teeth believe it or not...:)

I hope so. Some people think that animals have no soul. I hope they're wrong...
Hi Cristo! I am fine, thank you. Have not been putting much on here lately, hope for that to change.
Oh yes, we had the family of geese living at the farm, it was awesome to watch the little ones fly around the barn with mom and swoop into the pond. They got it eventually but, poor things had a time of it at first lol! Yeah, geese are mean, they'll chase ya! I still love to hear the Canadian geese when Spring hits us. I hope you did not learn the hard way with geese feeding :D
God bless brother!

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I still love to hear the Canadian geese when Spring hits us.
A few weeks back I heard the call of the Loons... in the wee hours of the morning... The lake that I live on does not usually have loons...
(not that I have ever heard)... It was such an AWESOME sound.

Reactions: Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When my two boys were twelve and fourteen I took them out of school for three months and we sailed a small catamaran (14ft) along the northern coast of Queensland. It is rrrremote with large stretches without human habitation.

We zig-zagged our way North between Islands and mainland getting in roughly fifty kilometres a day. When we found a place we liked we stayed for for a week or so; set up a camp with our hammocks strung between whatever would support them.

The first thing we did when arriving at an Island was walk around it (small Islands) checking for Crocodile tracks, making sure there were no beasties above the waterline then we would gather drift wood and build a fire placing it between the boat at the edge of the water and a tarpaulin we stretched out to sleep on.

One time while preparing food (either fish we had caught in transit or rice which we carried) at the fire we noticed tiny turtles (about inch and a half to two inches in diameter) marching straight into the fire. Grabbing the torch we traced the line of baby turtles marching relentlessly, back to their nest; they were hatching right then and oh so cute....hundreds of them. They were heading for what they thought was the light and unwittingly suiciding.....but we didn't let them. We gathered them up by the handfuls in plastic bags and released them at the waters edge.....tentatively; we didn't want any snapping jaws taking us by surprise.

Seeing these newborns lumber across the soft sand with determination and one goal in mind even though mistaken touched our hearts. It was one of the highlights of this adventure.

Oh how cute, i can just picture those little turtles marching. Good thing you helped them out...

That sounds like an awesome trip... Sailing is somewhat of a lost art now...

Reactions: Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A few weeks ago, as i was touring this beautiful island, i pulled up beside the beach in my campervan to have dinner and bunker up... After sunset i start hearing these strange noises...o_O
Sometimes they sounded like a cross between a pig and a cat, other times it sounded like a weird growl...:confused:
I know the sights and sounds of my country and i had never heard of such a thing...
So i went out in the dark with a torch to investigate...
Only a few meters from my van i get shocked by this growl coming from the shrub beside me... GGGRRRRRR...:eek:
"What in the hell is that"... I was scared... At the bottom of the shrub i notice a burrow...
I slowly bend down to have a look and this is what i see...

bandicam 2021-06-27 19-35-39-896.jpg
Penguins... :) Two fairy penguins... The smallest penguin species on earth... :)
I ended up naming the one closest to the camera Big Poppa cos he is still the biggest one iv seen...

I'd found a colony of penguins... The surrounding shrubs were full of them...
They come in after dark when there are no predators and sleep in their burrows...
Then their out before the break of dawn to go fishing and playing out at sea...
I dedicated the next 4 evenings to watching and documenting these fury little creatures of God...

These are some stills i took out of the videos i filmed so the picture quality isn't the best...

bandicam 2021-06-27 19-45-34-390.jpg bandicam 2021-06-27 19-45-56-898.jpg

I saw the path they took the night before so i stood on a park bench where they waddled right by me...:)

bandicam 2021-06-27 19-51-45-251.jpg
bandicam 2021-06-27 19-52-57-789.jpg bandicam 2021-06-27 19-53-21-297.jpg
Count how many there are here... A big family...:D
Their bewildered by the light and are hesitant to come towards it but i coaxed them in eventually... LoL...;)

bandicam 2021-06-27 20-02-17-268.jpgbandicam 2021-06-27 20-03-46-720.jpg
Another family scurries off as they pass me... Hehehe they are soooo cute...:D

Now im in another town on the other side of the island and iv landed myself in the middle of another penguin colony...
Awesome... I watched them just before and some of them are staying just meters away from me, again...
In fact i can hear them now and if i go outside im bound to see some more...

Interestingly i was watching two birds i had never seen before yesterday right here...
White bellied sea eagles... :)

White bellied sea eagle.jpg White bellied sea eagle2.jpg
Glorious and majestic i saw them soaring hiiiigh in the sky and i watched them with my monocular for a good while...:cool:
Then later before sunset i noticed the seagulls in a panic and saw the two sea eagles again down lower...
Maybe they were looking for any stray penguins that had decided to come in too early...
Apart from owls, raptors can't see well at night, their famous eagle eye vision is only capable in the day...

joshua.lucier

Jun 21, 2021
brattleboro, vt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
I noticed that the stars and the firmament all remind me of God's power and artistry. The complexity of the firmament, the trees, the birds, storms, hurricanes, rains, drout, how it all works together in currents. And then the stars for navigation, days, years and seasons placed there so we always know where we are or when it is. Not only that but the grand light show. All of it was placed there for our benefit. A master artist who with no blue print put everything together in incredible complexity simply by the utterance of his will and it all works.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A few weeks ago, as i was touring this beautiful island, i pulled up beside the beach in my campervan to have dinner and bunker up... After sunset i start hearing these strange noises...o_O
Sometimes they sounded like a cross between a pig and a cat, other times it sounded like a weird growl...:confused:
I know the sights and sounds of my country and i had never heard of such a thing...
Only a few meters from my van i get shocked by this growl coming from the shrub beside me... GGGRRRRRR...:eek:
"What in the hell is that"... I was scared... At the bottom of the shrub i notice a burrow...

View attachment 15788
Penguins... :) Two fairy penguins... The smallest penguin species on earth... :)
I ended up naming the one closest to the camera Big Poppa cos he is still the biggest one iv seen...

They come in after dark when there are no predators and sleep in their burrows...
I dedicated the next 4 evenings to watching and documenting these fury little creatures of God...

These are some stills i took out of the videos i filmed so the picture quality isn't the best...

View attachment 15789 View attachment 15790

I saw the path they took the night before so i stood on a park bench where they waddled right by me...:)

View attachment 15794
View attachment 15798 View attachment 15799
Their bewildered by the light and are hesitant to come towards it but i coaxed them in eventually... LoL...;)

View attachment 15800View attachment 15803

Now im in another town on the other side of the island and iv landed myself in the middle of another penguin colony...
Awesome... I watched them just before and some of them are staying just meters away from me, again...

Interestingly i was watching two birds i had never seen before yesterday right here...

View attachment 15804 View attachment 15805
Glorious and majestic i saw them soaring hiiiigh in the sky and i watched them with my monocular for a good while...:cool:
Then later before sunset i noticed the seagulls in a panic and saw the two sea eagles again down lower...
Maybe they were looking for any stray penguins that had decided to come in too early...
Apart from owls, raptors can't see well at night, their famous eagle eye vision is only capable in the day...

The Penguins... facinating! What an awesome experience! Cute little things... Thanks for sharing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When my two boys were twelve and fourteen I took them out of school for three months and we sailed a small catamaran (14ft) along the northern coast of Queensland. It is rrrremote with large stretches without human habitation.

We zig-zagged our way North between Islands and mainland getting in roughly fifty kilometres a day. When we found a place we liked we stayed for for a week or so; set up a camp with our hammocks strung between whatever would support them.

The first thing we did when arriving at an Island was walk around it (small Islands) checking for Crocodile tracks, making sure there were no beasties above the waterline then we would gather drift wood and build a fire placing it between the boat at the edge of the water and a tarpaulin we stretched out to sleep on.

One time while preparing food (either fish we had caught in transit or rice which we carried) at the fire we noticed tiny turtles (about inch and a half to two inches in diameter) marching straight into the fire. Grabbing the torch we traced the line of baby turtles marching relentlessly, back to their nest; they were hatching right then and oh so cute....hundreds of them. They were heading for what they thought was the light and unwittingly suiciding.....but we didn't let them. We gathered them up by the handfuls in plastic bags and released them at the waters edge.....tentatively; we didn't want any snapping jaws taking us by surprise.

Seeing these newborns lumber across the soft sand with determination and one goal in mind even though mistaken touched our hearts. It was one of the highlights of this adventure.

Great story and awesome adventure for your kids. Very cool!

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 15788

View attachment 15789 View attachment 15790

View attachment 15794
View attachment 15798 View attachment 15799

View attachment 15800View attachment 15803

View attachment 15804 View attachment 15805

camping with fairy penguins, wow . . **heart melts** ♥♥♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed that the stars and the firmament all remind me of God's power and artistry. The complexity of the firmament, the trees, the birds, storms, hurricanes, rains, drout, how it all works together in currents. And then the stars for navigation, days, years and seasons placed there so we always know where we are or when it is. Not only that but the grand light show. All of it was placed there for our benefit. A master artist who with no blue print put everything together in incredible complexity simply by the utterance of his will and it all works.

Beautifully put brother! He is the Master Artist and the universe is His canvass...AND...He did not need artificial light to create it all either :)

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is all so amazingly balanced isn't it...

I don't know how anyone can look at nature and conclude that there is no God, that this all came about by chance, a fluke...
And then i hear such atheists use terms like design... "This creature is designed to......."
And this term "mother nature"... Who... U mean God... Mother nature is just another term for God and glory be to Him

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow @Cristo Rei ... I forgot to read this thread today.... WOW and WOW at your penguin story...
How blessed we are to get a view of your world... It rained the entire week-end so not much outdoor activity going on...
Hopefully today I can resume my beach holiday... but I will NEVER be able to add anything as remotely interesting as your
adventures... My world consists mostly of bugs... LOL

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Aussie bush has a bad reputation around the world that is unwarranted
I can take a walk after dark in the bush and not get attacked by wild cats, dogs, bears or anything

With a torch i see eyes reflecting off my light... Im being watched by something...

pedemelon.jpg pademelon3.jpg pademelon2.jpg

A Tasmanian pademelon...

Their related to the kangaroo and wallaby but prefer to hide rather than flee so u see them often in around towns...
They have an extra thick coat of fur which looks like a dress to me... LoL... Needed in the colder southern climate...
Sometimes i will hear a loud thud nearby. Sometimes 3 or 4 in a row. Its the sound of one of these bouncing away, unseen.

Here, they share the same turf as the penguins... Some of them might get unwillingly trampled on by the pademelon, but the penguins are resilient little warriors. They jump from rock to rock, take big falls and tumbles but they get up every time and keep going. A pademelon stomp won't kill a penguin

Reactions: Nancy and Brakelite