The wonder of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whats a volunteer melon?
I don't know but i had never even heard of a pademelon before coming here
A volunteer melon would be an unpademelon. Probably not a member of the melon union. I think there's room for some political lobbying there on behalf of those heroic unpademelons. Equity and fairness and justice and all that? Setting your down in the melon patch, perhaps you should have a word with them.

Reactions: post

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A volunteer melon would be an unpademelon. Probably not a member of the melon union. I think there's room for some political lobbying there on behalf of those heroic unpademelons. Equity and fairness and justice and all that? Setting your down in the melon patch, perhaps you should have a word with them.

Here, here!

Someone should at least give them a cup of cold water

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OK my holiday has ended. I've started a job down here at an engineering company. Hopefully it all goes well.

The penguins no longer come in after dark. They stopped coming after the winter solace... I have no idea where they go now, maybe Antartica. But I'm still blessed to see so many birds and animals that I love here.

Life is slower here compared to the city. People are nice to each other. If there was someone laying in the gutter here the first person would help them. In a city they would be left to die.
Not to say that people in the city are bad, their just caught up in the rat race, they have blinkers on, tunnel vision.

Can't wait till summer comes. I live across the road from a beach and I plan to use it...:D

Update on Barry the duck. I'm now living where Barry does
I met a local, one of Barry's friends. He told me that Barry actually lives upstream with the other ducks and comes down before sunset to seduce people for food... He used to come down with his wife but she no longer comes, dead perhaps. That's was music to my ears because the sight of a lone duck is most unusual. They need the flock.

But during these 4 months I've been living off hardly nothing, on the dole, sometimes struggling for fuel and even rationing my food. But i never panicked, God seemed to always make sure that I didn't starve or go mental, to appreciate the simple things more, be more greatful and more resourceful.

And even now when it was about time to start earning money again it seems his presented me a fantastic chance to work and put some money away for a future investment and/or rainy day... The key for me now is not to get all materialistic again like when I was a prodigal son...

Gods will be done and I'm grateful to Him:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Addy. Im not sure if you read about my encounter with the penguins.
Its on the previous page with pictures i took... They're adorable

But i thought id post a few short videos showing the early lives of ducks and geese... This is how they all start off
I hope it will give you an even greater appreciation of these little wonders from God.
So, make a coffee, sit back and enjoy...:)

Arctic geese...

Water off a ducks back

The ducks nuts

And i'll throw in this one just cos its funny and cute...

Ok last one... I can watch these guys all day... lol

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ive just spent the last hour watching duck videos...
might spend another hour watching more before bed... Hehehehe

David Attenborough narrates this one

Like a duck to water

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OH my!! @Cristo Rei .... THANK you for all these videos.... I have been at the lake in my lovely red chair this morning... This is the earliest I have gone out.... I went at 6:30 am (ish).... The waves are angry this morning so I made a thermos of coffee... put my sweater on... and sat and enjoyed the show.... The waves are too rough for the ducks to come in this morning... a family of 7+ momma rolled by ( literally )... So Awesome to watch them ride the waves... ( professional surfers they are ).... My ducks are the ones in your video ducks vs stairs... I will watch these later...

I missed your update that you are NOW working... I just love your adventures... they truly make my heart smile... You and I see things in very much the same light... when it comes to nature... and maybe even pizza... I never did figure out where you stand on that issue... LOL

Back to the lake I go.... It has been such an incredible morning.... I am in AWE of God's MAJESTY!!!!

Reactions: Cristo Rei

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
OH my!! @Cristo Rei .... THANK you for all these videos.... I have been at the lake in my lovely red chair this morning... This is the earliest I have gone out.... I went at 6:30 am (ish).... The waves are angry this morning so I made a thermos of coffee... put my sweater on... and sat and enjoyed the show.... The waves are too rough for the ducks to come in this morning... a family of 7+ momma rolled by ( literally )... So Awesome to watch them ride the waves... ( professional surfers they are ).... My ducks are the ones in your video ducks vs stairs... I will watch these later...

I missed your update that you are NOW working... I just love your adventures... they truly make my heart smile... You and I see things in very much the same light... when it comes to nature... and maybe even pizza... I never did figure out where you stand on that issue... LOL

Back to the lake I go.... It has been such an incredible morning.... I am in AWE of God's MAJESTY!!!!
Hi @Addy Reminds me of Psalm 19.1: "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."

Reactions: Cristo Rei