The Wonders of the kingdom of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it wrong to hate myself and my own ways and weaknesses (actually carnal strengths)?

You said if something is not understood then, surely, one can ask. I’m asking. Been thinking about it since the other day.

Weakness magnifies the sufficiency of God.

It is the despised, the poor, the meek, a broken and contrite heart...Paul said He would glory in his infirmities and weaknesses...so much so that when they poked at him to glory in the flesh and his going to the third heaven ...Paul admonished them saying he would rather glory in the weakness of man and leave the Glory for THE STRENGTH and sufficiency found only in God. Paul said He would rather be weak so the power of God would rest upon him. God said His strength is made perfect in weakness. When we are weak, He is strong. Women are the weak vessel. Forever I thought this was God despising women but God said to the husband to bestow Honour on the weak vessel. HE is THE husband whose prayers are not hindered and HE bestows(bestowed) great Honour on His body’s weakness. Isn’t that what God does bestow Honour on those that are blessed of God...the poor in spirit? 1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

The foolishness of God and the weakness of God? What is “the foolishness of God” and the “weakness of God” if not where He chooses to put His Name...wiser than men and stronger than men to confound.

2 Corinthians 12:2-7
[2] I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven. [3] And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth [4] How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. [5] Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities. [6] For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me. [7] And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

No weakness is not bad. Weakness shows and declares the sufficiency of God in the glorious shining light of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When one sees things backwards the temporal becomes eternal and the eternal becomes temporal. Good appears as evil and evil as good.

Jude was specific in his warning as to the eternal destiny of separation from God into outer darkness. But don't take my word for it...

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

We see that so much these days. People speak from their own opinions and theories from a carnal knowledge...and without the slightest trace of fear. Making their own rebellious voices to be superior to the word of the Lord.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

A lack of fear today is seen as something good. A confidence in error.

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Outer darkness is an eternal destiny of they who have lost the fear of the Lord and refuse to be humble. So God will make an eternal example of these....who speak glibly of holy things they don't understand.

For those who look into the words of the Lord...there are many such warnings throughout the entire bible.
Matthew 8:12 KJV
[12] But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Tecarta BibleWho are the children of the kingdom?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No takers, ok?

It’s the heavens that declare HIS GLORY!
What or where is Heaven, I suggest it’s within you. After all it’s where God is.
Yes, it is where He is in those that have invited Him and allowed Him to come in. Are there any who say that He is but have kept some portion of their own doors locked against Him? Unfortunately, all of us too often are aware that the answer is, yes! Help us dear Lord! Does this not relate to quenching the Spirit?

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is where He is in those that have invited Him and allowed Him to come in. Are there any who say that He but have kept some portion of their own doors locked against Him? Unfortunately, all of us too often are aware that the answer is, yes! Help us dear Lord! Does this not relate to quenching the Spirit?
Surly this is why Paul says to put off everything that weighs you down.
This way He comes out of His chamber rejoicing as a sting man to run the race.

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its suggested not many are qualified to walk here, but there’s only one qualification LOVE GOD.
Where is this "here"… the one that is really important when it comes down to it?

"And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein." Isaiah 35:8

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ZION.... I thought that was the topic. Must have been mistaken.

The wonders of the Kingdom of God. Psalm 138:8
[8] The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Hebrews 13:5-6
[5] Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. [6] So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VIJ shared this with me recently
Psalm 19:1-5 KJV
[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. [2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. [4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

Tecarta BibleJesus says I and my father will make our abode with you.
That is if we do his will(love him).

When Jesus was demanded of the Pharisees, where is the kingdom of God, He replies. The kingdom doesn’t come with observation, it’s within you.

Isn’t a tabernacle and an abode the same thing?

After all my fathers house has many mansions?

"I have been crucified with Christ, yet I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me . . ."

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also"

"let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith"

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."

"work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

"In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race."

That one preaches itself, thanks, brother!

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I have been crucified with Christ, yet I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me . . ."

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also"

"let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith"

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."

"work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

"In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race."

That one preaches itself, thanks, brother!

Much love!
This is our commission,edification, to build up those who are weak!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its suggested not many are qualified to walk here, but there’s only one qualification LOVE GOD.
That's just it, Waiting on him, Anyone who has trusted in Jesus, has been born again, is right now seated in the heavenlies, and hid with Christ in God, and not a one of us who are in Christ, are any more or any less either "in the heavenlies" or "In Christ".

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have walked in Zion from the moment you said LORD!!

Like when people say Lord, Lord?

That's a religious posture. Name it and claim it. You read it therefore you imagine it for yourself. An indoctrination mantra...that has no basis in truth or reality. But people will believe fables over truth if that makes them feel good. People take the verses that tickle their ears and claim them.

Judgment day will be about truth and God's judgments. There are going to be some real surprises that show His righteousness is not anything like what we think is right. It will definitely not be serving the flesh.

Many will say...wait a minute Lord, I went to church...I even believed I was seated with you in heavenly places (because I was told so by pastors)....what about me???

We will be judged by our deeds since people can believe anything is true. But that doesn't make it true. Those who teach lies will be especially hard done by.

Do you believe you are walking in Zion...in sin? Is there sin in Zion? Do you believe you are walking IN Christ...yet continue to sin? Is there sin in Christ? Is Christ a minister of sin?

Gal. 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I read, I see that death and hell will be thrown into the lake of fire. We also read death will be done away with, so I read that as death will no longer exist. Done away with, annihilated. Is death a person to be in an eternal torment? And so, if death is annihilated in the lake of fire, hell will be annihilated too. The scary part of it all is that this isn't so concerning the outer darkness (based on what I read). The outer darkness appears to NOT be done away with. And who goes into outer darkness? Look it up. It is reserved for religious hypocrites and playactors and for wandering stars.

This appears to make the verse about how it will be better on the day of judgement for Sodom than it will be for some others, make sense. In other words, there is a fate worse than being thrown in the lake of fire to be annihilated and that fate is wandering forever in outer darkness.

So there is a reason Jesus' harshest words were for religious men. It is because their fate will be worse.

This is how I read it.
Thank you for your reply!

So I see you understand that some will be annihilated in the Lake of Fire, is that correct? And others who will be banished to outer darkness?

I'm curious how you understand those places that speak of the unrighteous going into eternal torment, like at the end of the Sheep/Goats judgment. The wording there is pretty specific.

Is there somewhere that speaks of the lake of fire being done away with?

It doesn't seem to be a part of either this creation, or the coming New Creation. I suggest that's where the outer darkness is, and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth eternally.

Many interpret these words in other ways, I take them at face value.

One other question I'm curious about, as those who are not found in the Book of Life are tossed into the lake of fire, what to you defines who is written in the Book of Life?

Thank you in advance!

Much love!