The Wonders of the kingdom of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I think this is first confirmed in us by His Word through our faith. I don't believe visions or such add to Scritpure.

Much love!
Well, I was not talking about "visions" for confirmation, lol...my confirmation comes through The Word and prayer and the Highest of teachers--- The Holy Spirit :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is truth subjective and one may see something and another something else in a different light.
To the carnal mind of man, truth is subjective, but not to God. Jesus tells us clearly:

"... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

His words are clear, but this does not mean that our understanding of His meaning is clear. How well do we see Jesus? I believe Apostle answers that question here:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

People may insist that they see Truth or Jesus clearly but I believe that this is seldom really so. The apostle Paul saw, but not clearly. How many of us have a vision that had already moved beyond what Paul has when he wrote those words?

This is why I say we need to love the Truth even if we cannot clearly understand or see it. If we really stay on the Lord's side, our vision will improve. In the interim, we don't run ourselves down because some things still seem blurry to us.

Is either right...or God only? Deceived. That is terrifying. I’m struggling here with lam I the deceived”?
So long as your search for His kingdom and His righteous continues, you should not have to worry about being deceived [being in a delusion]. People who freeze their beliefs so as to effectively say that right now I have the absolute truth on this or on that are the ones, who as I understand it, may find themselves in a delusion with no easy way out.

When in doubt about yourself go back to the lowest room [Luke 14:7-11] emptying yourself of everything you consider essential in your beliefs. If you come to God sincerely then seeking His kingdom and His righteousness, He will not leave you empty.

To say we are all for truth? I don’t get it when one is told their weakness brings out the selfishness. Then others attempt to defend and the one is told those coming to her defense is wrong for to doing so.
All kinds of people here on this forum as well as among the people and church groups outside the forum on planet Earth. You cannot allow yourself to swing to and fro with every wind of doctrine you happen to hear with your natural ears. Listen, if you are so led, but do not allow yourself to be drawn in simply because it sounds good. The final decision must be your own... but talk to God so that He can help you make the decision which is the One He wants you to make. None of us on our own can find Him. He draws us and we each, as a small child, come to Him.

Time and time again this one is pointed blatantly to as weak extends mercy and forgiveness and patience and grace in saying “it is okay. you are my brother. No harm.” Then others side with experience over the fruits of the Spirit manifested in weakness. See it wasn’t against the others or me...but against her. And all choose. Depart from iniquity ...is not part of it to be careful to not consume one another? Yet words are uncovered then covered back up for the sake of experience over just saying what it is...Flesh is ugly when it rears up in all of us. God is Sufficient. Have mercy.
The only one of us who is strong at any time is the one who at that moment of time is really in Christ. He has really recognized his own weakness and surrendered himself to God. Who among is walking in Him 24/7? Don't try to answer that question... rather simply deal with yourself and with God. God can and will speak to you through others, but you must come to the point where you recognize a voice as that of God in a person versus the words coming from that person's own carnal mind... even using Bible words to make his point. If you do not, you will find yourself not so much in delusion as in confusion. God is NOT the author of confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many believe that if you are born again...that's it...you're in! As if being born again was an end rather than a beginning.

Of course if one is born again that one will not see death. What is in question is the quality of that salvation. There is a salvation to honour. And there is a salvation to dishonour and shame.

In a great house (God's household is certainly very great) there are vessels of honour AND dishonour.

if we would humble ourselves and flee from iniquity....we would become a vessel of honour. But it seems that few people nowadays want to do that. They want to take their chances with a born-again saved status... as if we will NOT be judged by what we did but rather by a privileged birth status.

Didn't the Jews also count on a birth status?
2 Corinthians 4:5-7 KJV
[5] For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. [6] For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. [7] But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Tecarta BibleI’m with Paul on this one (earthen vessel ) this way God gets the glory. As it should be.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Personally, I think this is first confirmed in us by His Word through our faith. I don't believe visions or such add to Scritpure.

Much love!
Well, I was not talking about "visions" for confirmation, lol...my confirmation comes through The Word and prayer and the Highest of teachers--- The Holy Spirit :)

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

We only see visions when the Spirit is poured out on us.

What these do is give us another reference...and clarity to the testimony of the bible.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you ever no longer be the offspring of your parents? I don't believe so, it just happens to be a fact of your birth.
But under man's law disinheritance of a natural child is possible. I worked for the Social Security Administration for many years and had to deal with such laws quite regularly. Under the laws of many states [but not all] of the United States, when a child is legally adopted he automatically loses all right to inherit from any biological parent. On the other hand, a legal adoption of a child automatically under nearly all state laws gives that child inheritance rights from the adoptive parents. Of course the biologic connection still exists as seen these days through DNA if nothing else, but ultimately what is the most important thing in a relationship? God sees this as well and likely the idea originated with Him:

Look then how the whole relationship thing is explained here by the Apostle Paul from God's point of view:

"And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?" Rom 11:17-24

Then consider the illegitimate child:

"If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." Heb 12:7-8

Can someone be deluded about being born from God? I expect so, and we each need to be certain that we are not deluded, but thankfully God addresses this in Scripture, and we can actually know. But we must believe what we read. Not just everything we hear from others.

Much love!
What we must believe is the interpretation given to us by His Interpreter. What does the scripture say to do without an interpreter?

"But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God." I Cor 14:28

Remember that the church is NOT simply a place within the walls of a physical building so designated by some man or men.

Reactions: faithfulness

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is still my belief also, for now...I will know when God shows and confirms ♥
And Zion is the habitation and resting place of our Lord:

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psalm 132:13-14

So knowing who or what Zion is should be a very important consideration for us, should it not?

!wyc Tsiyown (tsee-yone'); Proper Name Location, Strong #: 6726

Zion = "parched place
"

1. another name for Jerusalem especially in the prophetic books
KJV Word Usage and Count
Zion 153
Sion 1

That is you and it is me. We have been that "parched place", dry as the Samaritan woman was dry... and then Jesus spoke to her of a Living Water:

"Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." John 4:10

Reactions: Waiting on him

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

I agree with the confirmation coming from The Living Word, prayer AND the Holy Spirit who brings us into ALL truth ♥
But we cannot discount scriptures such as: Acts 2:17
"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" That quoted from Joel Chap. 2.
Aren't we to continue to move past the rudiments? Move from the milk to the meat? Even marrow if we seek His face always ♥
All His blessings!
nancy ♥

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with the confirmation coming from The Living Word, prayer AND the Holy Spirit who brings us into ALL truth ♥
"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" That quoted from Joel Chap. 2.
Aren't we to continue to move past the rudiments? Move from the milk to the meat? Even marrow if we seek His face always ♥
All His blessings!
nancy ♥
The Word of God certainly does not change, but our understanding of it certainly will change if we continue to grow closer to Him. Visions [or dreams] from God do not change His Word, but confirm or reconfirm or clarify things for the person receiving them or sometimes others person hearing them as a testimony by another person.

Our God never changes, but we must be moving from seeing "through a glass darkly" toward "face to face". This will translate in the words of men to different beliefs, but it is NOT God nor His Word which have changed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But under man's law disinheritance of a natural child is possible. I worked for the Social Security Administration for many years and had to deal with such laws quite regularly. Under the laws of many states [but not all] of the United States, when a child is legally adopted he automatically loses all right to inherit from any biological parent. On the other hand, a legal adoption of a child automatically under nearly all state laws gives that child inheritance rights from the adoptive parents. Of course the biologic connection still exists as seen these days through DNA if nothing else, but ultimately what is the most important thing in a relationship? God sees this as well and likely the idea originated with Him:

Look then how the whole relationship thing is explained here by the Apostle Paul from God's point of view:

"And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?" Rom 11:17-24

Then consider the illegitimate child:

"If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." Heb 12:7-8

What we must believe is the interpretation given to us by His Interpreter. What does the scripture say to do without an interpreter?

"But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God." I Cor 14:28

Remember that the church is NOT simply a place within the walls of a physical building so designated by some man or men.
We continue to have very different views on what it means to be born again.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All His blessings!
nancy ♥

Just so.

I just notice that those who seem to elevate experiences of any kind over the Word tend to drift in their understandings.

Just my observation.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We continue to have very different views on what it means to be born again.

Much love!
Yes... it would seem so! You see it as a final end, whereas I see it as a new beginning... the beginning that Adam and Eve threw away for their offspring.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes... it would seem so! You see it as a final end, whereas I see it as a new beginning... the beginning that Adam and Eve threw away for their offspring.

Final end??? not so.

It's the beginning of life!

I think the difference is I see rebirth as new life, and you see it as the potential for new life.

?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But under man's law disinheritance of a natural child is possible.
I'm not talking about man's law, I'm talking about birth.

We're born from the flesh of our parents, and that fact will always remain true. And just the same, if we are born again, we are born spirit children of our Heavenly Father, and that fact will always remain true.

We should not try to define our relationship with God by what law's man enacts.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Final end??? not so.

It's the beginning of life!
My error. I sometimes confuse one person with another on this forum. I try not to but my old mind has trouble keeping track of each one. I ask for your pardon in this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and marks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so.

I just notice that those who seem to elevate experiences of any kind over the Word tend to drift in their understandings.

Just my observation.

Much love!

Hey Marks!
I, of course agree totally that anyone who would elevate ANYTHING above and beyond the Word as, I am totally Sola Scripture...that is not to say that I discount history! The only thing I will say here about "those who seem to elevate experiences... " Can any of us honestly deny the experience of another? I know I can't.
In Him Always,
nancy

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My error. I sometimes confuse one person with another on this forum. I try not to my old mind has trouble keeping track of each one. I ask for your pardon in this.
That happens to me too!

:)

Nothing to forgive, correction noted, thank you my friend!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can any of us honestly deny the experience of another? I know I can't.

No, I don't think so. I've been repeating that, but I'm not sure anyone is regarding it.

We cannot know what another has seen or heard or touched or experienced, but we can hear their words, and compare to the Bible.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus ,

Rebirth translates us into the Kingdom. Where we begin to live, and to bring that kindom life into our earthly lives.

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All His blessings!
nancy ♥
And from Pentecost to the completion of the Written word these visions dreams and prophecy’s took place