The Wonders of the kingdom of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assure you, you will not run out of towns in Israel before I come

hmm. Imo you have come to a false conclusion here wadr, and are now directly contradicting the Writing? Adam is not Ish i guess

You may be right. Will Consider for sure. Recommend 1 Samuel 25 especially since you like names: Nabal meaning ‘fool’. Abigail ‘to rejoice’ ‘Father’s Joy’ but then again relying on the internet for those. There is a lot there in all of 25. 1 Samuel 25:36-38 And Abigail came to Nabal; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Nabal's heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: wherefore she told him nothing, less or more, until the morning light. [37] But it came to pass in the morning, when the wine was gone out of Nabal, and his wife had told him these things, that his heart died within him, and he became as a stone. [38] And it came to pass about ten days after, that the Lord smote Nabal, that he died.

The internet says Nabal had a stroke hence “he became a stone” but the “ten days” is significant maybe and “as a stone”. “As a stone” considering God removes the heart of stone and give a heart of flesh and writes His laws in tables of flesh instead of stone tables. Mark 4:16-17 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; [17] And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended. (Blessed is he who is not offended in Me.)

Job 41:24 His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.

Job 41:33-34
Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. [34] He beholdeth all high things : he is a king over all the children of pride.

Consider: Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the Lord is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.

Acts 7:48-51 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, [49] Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? [50] Hath not my hand made all these things? [51] Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Zechariah 7:12
[12] Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the Lord of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the Lord of hosts.

Again...kind of get what you are saying “Adam in not Ish” ...could you elaborate. Are there no circumcised(of God) ears? No heart where the stone is removed?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This all sounds so grand and lofty. Since I'm pretty "simple" minded, it kinda makes me feel un-saved? Am I not praying or studying hard enough? Am I too practical? Since I am pretty practical, maybe God will not trust me with this higher walk? And, how does one actually "do it"? Ahhh! This is so over my head Epi. But, even if I cannot reach that level, even if I'm not saved, I will worship Him as the only true God, and continue to give Him thanks always as, He IS my provider and gives me good things. I'll also continue to serve my community how ever I can as, He sure did bring me to a place where I see them very differently than ever before, and I feel for their plight. So, this is some of the reasons I have not been very active in this thread...don't know what to say yea or nay about. What do you see when you look into heaven? What do you see when looking from heaven to the earth? Yeah, I'm lost in space :oops: just a flailing and looking for Him all the time (in my mind, that is, lol). Perhaps He only chooses certain people, like in the OT to be able to see these things, experience them? Now, even though I walked away from all of my friends and the life I lived for decades, there has to still be carnality in me as, He has not at all given me any experience like this. I will plod along and fight the good fight yet, it's hard to imagine me becoming some spiritual giant! Lol!.
xo

You said: ”This all sounds so grand and lofty. Since I'm pretty "simple" minded, it kinda makes me feel un-saved? Am I not praying or studying hard enough? Am I too practical? Since I am pretty practical, maybe God will not trust me with this higher walk?”

This is what has been heavy on my heart for sometime...every time we tell or imply to someone God has heard our cry in our deepest sorrow and has shown mercy and then to imply maybe He is not a God who hears them just as much. Nancy, I don’t know why God does it the way He does. Why a woman raped and broken or a woman hooked on drugs and crying ...why He doesn’t reveal himself right then(and maybe He does) yet to some He speaks. I trust He is love. you said “I'm pretty "simple" minded,” Psalm 19:6-9 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof. [7] The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. [8] The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. [9] The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

His judgement is for the weak and broken who have no strength within themselves that the power which rests upon them can only be God’s Power. His judgment is Matthew 5:3-9 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [4] Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. [5] Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. [6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. [7] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. [8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. [9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

That includes you and @charity. Not condemnation but edification? Odd thing about the Resurrection power of God...Life is toward another. 2 Thessalonians 1:3-4 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth; [4] So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @Episkopos

I can see that you believe that the best line of defence is attack. :)

May the Lord give you understanding, for His Name and glory's sake.
In Christ Jesus
Chirs

This is about light and darkness. Darkness resists the light but it must move aside for it. It cannot abide with light.

Reactions: faithfulness

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
-
This all sounds so grand and lofty. Since I'm pretty "simple" minded, it kinda makes me feel un-saved? Am I not praying or studying hard enough? Am I too practical? Since I am pretty practical, maybe God will not trust me with this higher walk? And, how does one actually "do it"? Ahhh! This is so over my head Epi. But, even if I cannot reach that level, even if I'm not saved, I will worship Him as the only true God, and continue to give Him thanks always as, He IS my provider and gives me good things. I'll also continue to serve my community how ever I can as, He sure did bring me to a place where I see them very differently than ever before, and I feel for their plight. So, this is some of the reasons I have not been very active in this thread...don't know what to say yea or nay about. What do you see when you look into heaven? What do you see when looking from heaven to the earth? Yeah, I'm lost in space :oops: just a flailing and looking for Him all the time (in my mind, that is, lol). Perhaps He only chooses certain people, like in the OT to be able to see these things, experience them? Now, even though I walked away from all of my friends and the life I lived for decades, there has to still be carnality in me as, He has not at all given me any experience like this. I will plod along and fight the good fight yet, it's hard to imagine me becoming some spiritual giant! Lol!.
xo
Hello @Nancy,

Your reply just breaks my heart: and I think of the words of a song by Jodie Mitchel, 'What have they done to my song, Ma! What have they done to my song'!! What is being done to God's Word? What is being done to the gospel of the grace of God? What is being done to the good news of our completeness in Christ and the finished work of Christ, that it makes you feel like this?

If this is the outcome of all of Episkopos' rhetoric in your heart, then I hope someone will shut him up soon, for if this is the fruit of his labour, it is not the work of God.

You are God's workmanship, Nancy. He is working in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. His will, will be fully done in you, to the praise and glory of His Name.

I don't have it in me to fight this with Episkopos, for his error is insidious. I have to leave the forum.

May God's will be done both in you and all who take part here, for His Name and glory's sake.

My love to all, including @Episkopos,
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: ”This all sounds so grand and lofty. Since I'm pretty "simple" minded, it kinda makes me feel un-saved? Am I not praying or studying hard enough? Am I too practical? Since I am pretty practical, maybe God will not trust me with this higher walk?”

This is what has been heavy on my heart for sometime...every time we tell or imply to someone God has heard our cry in our deepest sorrow and has shown mercy and then to imply maybe He is not a God who hears them just as much. Nancy, I don’t know why God does it the way He does. Why a woman raped and broken or a woman hooked on drugs and crying ...why He doesn’t reveal himself right then(and maybe He does) yet to some He speaks. I trust He is love. you said “I'm pretty "simple" minded,” Psalm 19:6-9 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof. [7] The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. [8] The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. [9] The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

His judgement is for the weak and broken who have no strength within themselves that the power which rests upon them can only be God’s Power. His judgment is Matthew 5:3-9 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [4] Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. [5] Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. [6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. [7] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. [8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. [9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

That includes you and @charity. Not condemnation but edification? Odd thing about the Resurrection power of God...Life is toward another. 2 Thessalonians 1:3-4 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth; [4] So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Hello @Nancy,

Your reply just breaks my heart: and I think of the words of a song by Jodie Mitchel, 'What have they done to my song, Ma! What have they done to my song'!! What is being done to God's Word? What is being done to the gospel of the grace of God? What is being done to the good news of our completeness in Christ and the finished work of Christ, that it makes you feel like this?

If this is the outcome of all of Episkopos' rhetoric in your heart, then I hope someone will shut him up soon, for if this is the fruit of his labour, it is not the work of God, but of the enemy of our souls.

You are God's workmanship, Nancy. He is working in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. His will, will be fully done in you, to the praise and glory of His Name.

I don't have it in me to fight this with Episkopos, for his error is insidious. I have to leave the forum.

May God's will be done both in you and all who take part here, for His Name and glory's sake.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

BTW-love this song. I was born too late as I am an old hippie at heart, lol. Loved the music back then.
"The only thing I could do half right and now it's turning out all wrong, mama
Look what they done to my song" Ha, perfect.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Hello @Nancy,

If this is the outcome of all of Episkopos' rhetoric in your heart, then I hope someone will shut him up soon, for if this is the fruit of his labour, it is not the work of God, but of the enemy of our souls.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I don't mean to interfere with you all, but I do say that I have been listening to you Charity, in which I think, please don't leave the forum because of whatever reason that you might have, ok? Jesus knows about everything, and love to you also., but please reply.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Again...kind of get what you are saying “Adam in not Ish” ...could you elaborate. Are there no circumcised(of God) ears? No heart where the stone is removed?
ha well i Read either none or few for that, but lemme go back to your orig post, and see if i can frame my objection any better. Having trouble imagining a practical application, and this is kinda a sign to me

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
1 Corinthians 2:9-13 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. [10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. [11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. [12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. [13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Spirit teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.
2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling.
4My message and my preaching were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power,
5so that your faith would not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.

Spiritual Wisdom

6Among the mature, however, we speak a message of wisdom—but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7No, we speak of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God, which He destined for our glory before time began.
8None of the rulers of this age understood it. For if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

ok so my chief objection is that your perspective seems to assume that we are the "mature," and not the "brothers" of v1. Who are the rulers of this age? So what i think Paul is doing here is one of his famous/usual tricks, inviting "believers" to assume a "we" based on a profession of Jesus, or even Christ, which this one will start up now, already has, now that...a possible diff has been revealed.

As a practical test i might suggest that if one thinks they have had revealed to them the things which God um hath prepared for them that love Him, then bam list a few and let's see how they stand up, which btw i dont think these should be judged by others if you/anyone does list them, as these are beliefs, right, so i would just test them against Scripture maybe.

I might be wrong, but i smell a trap iow

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 12:36 While ye have light, believe in (to or into) the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on (into or to) me should not abide in darkness.

Jesus came as a light to (or into) the world...so that reciprocally we should believe to (or into) Him...so as to come out of darkness and into the light. This verse is a key to understanding what it means to believe to or into Christ. Both "into's" as well as the "in" or "on" are the same Greek word eis....meaning a change of location (to or into).

Faith to (into) Christ is about location...to be where He is. In His light we see the light and we become the light of the world...or...the children of light. But we can't do that unless we believe to (into) the light.

Jesus then hides Himself from us until we come to Him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
leads us to Isaiah,

4From ancient times no one has heard,

no ear has perceived,

no eye has seen any God besides You,

who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.

5You welcome those who gladly do right,

who remember Your ways.

Surely You were angry, for we sinned.

How can we be saved if we remain in our sins?

6All of us have become like one who is unclean,

and all our righteous acts are like a polluted garment;

we all wither like a leaf,

and our iniquities carry us away like the wind.

7No one calls on Your name

or strives to take hold of You.

For You have hidden Your face from us

and made us melt in the handa of our iniquity.

so, these then are my objections. Your words might be comlpetely true for some, few, but when we assume US in there, danger imo

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The internet says Nabal had a stroke hence “he became a stone” but the “ten days” is significant maybe and “as a stone”. “As a stone” considering God removes the heart of stone and give a heart of flesh and writes His laws in tables of flesh instead of stone tables.
a good line to pursue imo, but i would back up to the beginning of the passage for perspective. I recall Nabal being an idiot about something, and Abi making it right, but i havent Read the passage with one eye yet i dont think, so i will :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then David set out and went down to the Wilderness of Paran.a

David, Nabal, and Abigail

2Now there was a man in Maon whose business was in Carmel; he was a very wealthy man with a thousand goats and three thousand sheep, which he was shearing in Carmel.
3His name was Nabal, and his wife’s name was Abigail. She was an intelligent and beautiful woman, but her husband, a Calebite, was harsh and evil in his dealings.
4While David was in the wilderness, he heard that Nabal was shearing sheep.
5So David sent ten young men and instructed them, “Go up to Nabal at Carmel. Greet him in my name
6and say to him, ‘Long life to you, and peace to you and your house and to all that belongs to you.
7Now I hear that it is time for shearing. When your shepherds were with us, we did not harass them, and nothing of theirs was missing the whole time they were in Carmel.
8Ask your young men, and they will tell you. So let my young men find favor with you, for we have come on the day of a feast. Please give whatever you can afford to your servants and to your son David.’”
9When David’s young men arrived, they relayed all these words to Nabal on behalf of David. Then they waited.
10But Nabal asked them, “Who is David? Who is this son of Jesse? Many servants these days are breaking away from their masters.
11Why should I take my bread and water and the meat I have slaughtered for my shearers, and give them to these men whose origin I do not know?”

Paran-Glorious
Nabal-fool, wicked
Abigail-the Father is joyful
Maon-habitation
Carmel-garden,
near as i can tell

and imo yes "ten" would be significant here, ten men, ten days, and shearing sheep lol, hmm

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy
Dear practical Nancy, don't beat yourself over the head with it. It is right here, but how well do we see it?

Jesus came down from heaven [3rd] with His Father to hell with mankind to make a Way where there was no way. Unless we are actually in the midst of sinning, you and I and those who have met Jesus, we should be most often in 1st heaven... even while many all around us in the flesh remain in hell the place they live all of the time. When we get alone with Him... usually in some kind of prayer closet [described well by our friend @Miss Hepburn ] on this thread and each of us does it sometimes in some measure... We may do something those natural Israelites in the wilderness could usually not do at all... go through the first veil to the Holy Place or 2nd heaven.

Many who are named Christians probably don't even make it to 1st heaven often, if at all. They generally stay in hell and perhaps put on a front [a façade] for the sake of friends or family or ?

Likely however some of those attending churches get a little serious with God renewing their vows so to speak and actually offer the daily sacrifice or even a free will offering. How long will it last? Will any of them really grow from there? They may say the right words and even promise God things... but most of them will be back in hell as soon as they leave the building. I do hope I am wrong.

But then, from among those living regularly in 1st heaven usually while meeting God in their "closet" some will enter in more closely with God into 2nd heaven. Who can or does stay there very long? I won't answer that question as I think you know the answer.

Then somehow in some way of regular and complete surrender [perhaps like @Miss Hepburn or like @Episkopos ] those who frequently are in 2nd heaven move toward that second veil behind which is the Most Holy Place or 3rd heaven. Should we on the outside only scarcely at times, it seems, visiting 2nd heaven be envious? Envy as we know can be a very evil thing. That is NOT the way in...

Remember how Jesus answered the two brothers and their mother when they asked to be one on His right hand and one on His left? They asked a difficult question and Jesus answered them [see Matt 20:21ff]. You want to walk in Him more intimately.... To go up higher?

"But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:" Matt 20:26-27

We should all really want to go up higher, but we cannot climb up higher in God as carnal men do it. We must do it His Way. In the meantime let us be content that we are not living in hell.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy
Dear practical Nancy, don't beat yourself over the head with it. It is right here, but how well do we see it?

Jesus came down from heaven [3rd] with His Father to hell with mankind to make a Way where there was no way. Unless we are actually in the midst of sinning, you and I and those who have met Jesus, we should be most often in 1st heaven... even while many all around us in the flesh remain in hell the place they live all of the time. When we get alone with Him... usually in some kind of prayer closet [described well by our friend @Miss Hepburn ] on this thread and each of us does it sometimes in some measure... We may do something those natural Israelites in the wilderness could usually not do at all... go through the first veil to the Holy Place or 2nd heaven.

Many who are named Christians probably don't even make it to 1st heaven often, if at all. They generally stay in hell and perhaps put on a front [a façade] for the sake of friends or family or ?

Likely however some of those attending churches get a little serious with God renewing their vows so to speak and actually offer the daily sacrifice or even a free will offering. How long will it last? Will any of them really grow from there? They may say the right words and even promise God things... but most of them will be back in hell as soon as they leave the building. I do hope I am wrong.

But then, from among those living regularly in 1st heaven usually while meeting God in their "closet" some will enter in more closely with God into 2nd heaven. Who can or does stay there very long? I won't answer that question as I think you know the answer.

Then somehow in some way of regular and complete surrender [perhaps like @Miss Hepburn or like @Episkopos ] those who frequently are in 2nd heaven move toward that second veil behind which is the Most Holy Place or 3rd heaven. Should we on the outside only scarcely at times, it seems, visiting 2nd heaven be envious? Envy as we know can be a very evil thing. That is NOT the way in...

Remember how Jesus answered the two brothers and their mother when they asked to be one on His right hand and one on His left? They asked a difficult question and Jesus answered them [see Matt 20:21ff]. You want to walk in Him more intimately.... To go up higher?

"But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:" Matt 20:26-27

We should all really want to go up higher, but we cannot climb up higher in God as carnal men do it. We must do it His Way. In the meantime let us be content that we are not living in hell.

And we need to take the lower room always, so He can lift us up in time... ♥
Yes, understood. I do not "envy" anybodies 'experience' on here, it is that it makes me wonder why some reach this and some do not. It's not the obvious ones that make me wonder but the ones, such as myself who DO seek Him daily, all day for years and have not had an experience like that. Kind of like tongues. Just makes me wonder why.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we need to take the lower room always, so He can lift us up in time... ♥
Yes, understood. I do not "envy" anybodies 'experience' on here, it is that it makes me wonder why some reach this and some do not. It's not the obvious ones that make me wonder but the ones, such as myself who DO seek Him daily, all day for years and have not had an experience like that. Kind of like tongues. Just makes me wonder why.
Remember how Moses as a high ranking person in Egypt also was in a hurry. Getting ahead of God he killed an Egyptian and eventually ran away to spend 40 years as a herdsman. What did he accomplish for God during those 40 years. He helped his father-in-law, got married and had children, but of God's promise to Israel? In God's time. It is hard to imagine starting on that long trek at 80 years of age, but he did and the Israelites followed him. That the way it was according to God's plan. Don't forget the right time is always God's time:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart," Ecc 3:1-11

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember how Moses as a high ranking person in Egypt also was in a hurry. Getting ahead of God he killed an Egyptian and eventually ran away to spend 40 years as a herdsman. What did he accomplish for God during those 40 years. He helped his father-in-law, got married and had children, but of God's promise to Israel? In God's time. It is hard to imagine starting on that long trek at 80 years of age, but he did and the Israelites followed him. That the way it was according to God's plan. Don't forget the right time is always God's time:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart," Ecc 3:1-11

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok so my chief objection is that your perspective seems to assume that we are the "mature," and not the "brothers" of v1. Who are the rulers of this age? So what i think Paul is doing here is one of his famous/usual tricks, inviting "believers" to assume a "we" based on a profession of Jesus, or even Christ, which this one will start up now, already has, now that...a possible diff has been revealed.

probably guilty. but He has a way of showing “mature” is not the case.

As a practical test i might suggest that if one thinks they have had revealed to them the things which God um hath prepared for them that love Him, then bam list a few and let's see how they stand up, which btw i dont think these should be judged by others if you/anyone does list them, as these are beliefs, right, so i would just test them against Scripture maybe.

I might be wrong, but i smell a trap iow

A trap I might get caught in. Do I have beliefs? Sure. Lots of them. I believe God subjected the creation to vanity but He also subjected it to Hope. One on the list of “prepared for those who love Him” is Hope. freedom from vanity through the truth that is in Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

When I say “the truth” above I mean “the truth” is in Him as ... I believe He is the model and the way to freedom from vanity and corruption but also believe it is a walk that is active, a narrow way that He showed. Another He prepared for those who love Him...is a walk that looks nothing like the world says leads to freedom but is Luke 9:23-24 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. [24] For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Prepared for those who love Him...”a place.” Otherwise He wouldn’t have said He went to prepare “a place” for those who love Him, and He would come again to those He prepared “a place” so they could be where He is. Which leads to another Prepared for those who love Him...the promise of the Spirit. Also prepared for those who love Him: mercy. He said He desires mercy. Joseph showed mercy to his brothers saying “you meant it for evil. God meant it for good.” Oddly “God meant it for good” was for the brothers who came to bow before him and feared Joseph rather than God. yet also, considering the tribes and what came ...Vengeance is the Lords. Same as Jesus who cried on the cross “Forgive them. For they know not what they do.” Mercy...could have been the same words said “you meant it for evil. God meant it for good.” yet again considering what took place after vengeance is the Lord’s.

Prepared for them that love Him...good and not evil. Blessing and not cursing. prepared for them who love Him ...Life.

Those are just a few. You are right that those are just beliefs but they also require learning of Him which He said to do.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then David set out and went down to the Wilderness of Paran.a

David, Nabal, and Abigail

2Now there was a man in Maon whose business was in Carmel; he was a very wealthy man with a thousand goats and three thousand sheep, which he was shearing in Carmel.
3His name was Nabal, and his wife’s name was Abigail. She was an intelligent and beautiful woman, but her husband, a Calebite, was harsh and evil in his dealings.
4While David was in the wilderness, he heard that Nabal was shearing sheep.
5So David sent ten young men and instructed them, “Go up to Nabal at Carmel. Greet him in my name
6and say to him, ‘Long life to you, and peace to you and your house and to all that belongs to you.
7Now I hear that it is time for shearing. When your shepherds were with us, we did not harass them, and nothing of theirs was missing the whole time they were in Carmel.
8Ask your young men, and they will tell you. So let my young men find favor with you, for we have come on the day of a feast. Please give whatever you can afford to your servants and to your son David.’”
9When David’s young men arrived, they relayed all these words to Nabal on behalf of David. Then they waited.
10But Nabal asked them, “Who is David? Who is this son of Jesse? Many servants these days are breaking away from their masters.
11Why should I take my bread and water and the meat I have slaughtered for my shearers, and give them to these men whose origin I do not know?”

Paran-Glorious
Nabal-fool, wicked
Abigail-the Father is joyful
Maon-habitation
Carmel-garden,
near as i can tell

and imo yes "ten" would be significant here, ten men, ten days, and shearing sheep lol, hmm

Thank you for taking the time and responding back.