The Wonders of the kingdom of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
um, not sure why i think there is more here, maybe not,
Then David set out and went down to the Wilderness of Paran.a

David, Nabal, and Abigail

2Now there was a man in Maon whose business was in Carmel; he was a very wealthy man with a thousand goats and three thousand sheep, which he was shearing in Carmel.
3His name was Nabal, and his wife’s name was Abigail. She was an intelligent and beautiful woman, but her husband, a Calebite, was harsh and evil in his dealings.
4While David was in the wilderness, he heard that Nabal was shearing sheep.
5So David sent ten young men and instructed them, “Go up to Nabal at Carmel. Greet him in my name
6and say to him, ‘Long life to you, and peace to you and your house and to all that belongs to you.
7Now I hear that it is time for shearing. When your shepherds were with us, we did not harass them, and nothing of theirs was missing the whole time they were in Carmel.
8Ask your young men, and they will tell you. So let my young men find favor with you, for we have come on the day of a feast. Please give whatever you can afford to your servants and to your son David.’”
9When David’s young men arrived, they relayed all these words to Nabal on behalf of David. Then they waited.
10But Nabal asked them, “Who is David? Who is this son of Jesse? Many servants these days are breaking away from their masters.
11Why should I take my bread and water and the meat I have slaughtered for my shearers, and give them to these men whose origin I do not know?”

Paran-Glorious
Nabal-fool, wicked
Abigail-the Father is joyful
Maon-habitation
Carmel-garden,
Caleb-dog/unsophisticated servant
near as i can tell

and imo yes "ten" would be significant here, ten men, ten days, and shearing sheep lol, hmm
so, the Savior loses the Judge and goes to glory, and a rich fool from home, me iow, with 1k goats and 3k sheep, who has a job in the Garden "shearing sheep" (zing) am a dog/ignorant servant with a joyful female? who is asked for a sacrifice on a "feast day" out of my obv bounty, and i refuse, even tho even my woman would have enough sense to not and seeks to either right things or save me or maintain the status quo when one of my "servants" mentions the refusal. I overindulge and dont hear about it until the sun comes up, when i am gobstopped by the apparent betrayal maybe, and die ten days later,
10-laws of establishment, commandments, doctrine,
per Numbers in Scripture
seems legit

no idea what the point is though

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...or comparing religious things with religious things???

What is taught in modern churches is that you only enter into the kingdom after you die. Believing that means very few will seek the Lord in order to walk as they did in the early church. But one has always had to be a kind of revolutionary to abide in the faith OF Jesus Christ.

But few will dare to take things that far. And that is the whole point of the religious doctrines...to confuse the gospel and make people to wait until after they die in order to partake of the grace of the NT. But by then it's too late. How can we bear an eternal fruit by abiding in an eternal place if we can't do that in this life?

The doctrines of today are very conducive to the natural unbelief of people towards the miraculous things of God. Especially the things of the kingdom. We see "the great falling away" in this trend. We are now at the point where the gospel of the kingdom that Jesus and Paul preached is seen as "another gospel" by many. And "another gospel" that Paul earned us against so severely is accepted as the truth. It is the world upside down. Very clever on the devil's part to be sure.

The abiding places (mansions) in the kingdom of God are there to be entered into NOW. We are to be translated into the kingdom (which is of the Spirit) by faith. If we don't believe we have that calling or that the grace is now available for that through what Christ affords us by grace...then we have the result which is evident in the modern condition of the church...which is religious but not spiritual.

Do you have anything to share concerning the wonders of the kingdom of God?

(This thread is an attempt at a positive witness towards encouragement and edification after all)
This thread only encourages self edification, but i am glad to hear that God healed miss kitty, even got her chewing.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we need to take the lower room always, so He can lift us up in time... ♥
Yes, understood. I do not "envy" anybodies 'experience' on here, it is that it makes me wonder why some reach this and some do not. It's not the obvious ones that make me wonder but the ones, such as myself who DO seek Him daily, all day for years and have not had an experience like that. Kind of like tongues. Just makes me wonder why.
Could it be that the ones claiming this enlightenment are just liars???

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
probably guilty. but He has a way of showing “mature” is not the case.
ha tbh youre prolly not imo. But i think Paul is fab at writing in such a way so as to almost force an assumption of like who "we" is, that we can even note Jesus almost never assumed, imo. Weird to me that Paul did, at the very end, the "I have completed the race, I will get crowns" etc stuff? Yet here we are talking about him, 2 eternities later, i guess.
A trap I might get caught in. Do I have beliefs? Sure. Lots of them. I believe God subjected the creation to vanity but He also subjected it to Hope. One on the list of “prepared for those who love Him” is Hope. freedom from vanity through the truth that is in Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
ya, but you actually have beliefs, about today, not then. Most ppls professed beliefs are about then, you might notice? And when someone professes beliefs about then, especially via Hegelian statements, this is that that is this, they never in my experience, ever, actually have Beliefs, they have Absolute Truths, or tares, imo. "it ain't what you know that gets you into trouble; it's what you know for sure that just aint so"
When I say “the truth” above I mean “the truth” is in Him as ... I believe He is the model and the way to freedom from vanity and corruption but also believe it is a walk that is active, a narrow way that He showed. Another He prepared for those who love Him...is a walk that looks nothing like the world says leads to freedom but is Luke 9:23-24 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. [24] For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
yeh, good point i think. We are so privileged and entitled now that it is i guess nigh impossible to see that we live in a miracle, and if we had to poop in a hole and wipe with a leaf for like even a weekend we would mostly all be puddles of mush by Sunday lol, me too.

i tell ya there just is no substitute for taking that deny part literally, and sitting in a cave in the woods alone in the dark, until you are not desperate to leave. A sensory-deprivation experience, tank even, a tub works ok although better to not be able to touch the bottom or the sides when the um free fall thing starts, guess this will make no sense right now but you need to have room to whirl around in free fall for as long as you can stand it imo, might even become kinda fun! :) well, looking back on it anyway, fairly terrifying at the time lol. Way after i had met The Monster and he left or whatever...ha no, he's still there, just behind me. At the moment. It's the One who drives you out of the cave or the tank at first. Dont get discouraged if an hour in the cave or fiveten minutes in the tank is all you can stand, thats totally normal i guess
Prepared for those who love Him...”a place.” Otherwise He wouldn’t have said He went to prepare “a place” for those who love Him, and He would come again to those He prepared “a place” so they could be where He is. Which leads to another Prepared for those who love Him...the promise of the Spirit. Also prepared for those who love Him: mercy. He said He desires mercy. Joseph showed mercy to his brothers saying “you meant it for evil. God meant it for good.” Oddly “God meant it for good” was for the brothers who came to bow before him and feared Joseph rather than God. yet also, considering the tribes and what came ...Vengeance is the Lords. Same as Jesus who cried on the cross “Forgive them. For they know not what they do.” Mercy...could have been the same words said “you meant it for evil. God meant it for good.” yet again considering what took place after vengeance is the Lord’s.
what took place after "vengeance is the Lord's" again?
Prepared for them that love Him...good and not evil. Blessing and not cursing. prepared for them who love Him ...Life.

Those are just a few. You are right that those are just beliefs but they also require learning of Him which He said to do.
your definition of beliefs is not the same definition most everyone else has tho i guess; you actually have some apparently
Thank you for taking the time and responding back.
well, i am convinced that there is a situation going on there that is applicable to a certain scenario we might all experience, and figuring it out would lead to a deeper grasp of some truth. There is something obvious i am missing imo, hasn't clicked yet but it will i hope. Like the thing about "the mark of Cain" being a Bad-Ass looking type no one wants to mess with? Forget who brought that out here, that was awesome imo :)

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread only encourages self edification, but i am glad to hear that God healed miss kitty, even got her chewing.

In an upside down world...yes. But this thread is about the heart of Jesus Christ...who came to earth to connect us with the Father....not just to make us feel good about ourselves or see ourselves in the best possible light as the false gospel was designed to do,

So you are seeing exactly backwards.

The self-edification is for they who have replaced the truth with a false "gospel of grace" that allows people to feel "saved" even as they lead sinful lives.

Why are not more people giving praise to God for the wonders of the kingdom of God...that we are all to seek FIRST?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And we need to take the lower room always, so He can lift us up in time... ♥
Yes, understood. I do not "envy" anybodies 'experience' on here, it is that it makes me wonder why some reach this and some do not. It's not the obvious ones that make me wonder but the ones, such as myself who DO seek Him daily, all day for years and have not had an experience like that. Kind of like tongues. Just makes me wonder why.
the heart is deceitful above all, and those might be satisfied with an emotional experience, the one we are introduced to in congregation? I dont know who you mean or what experience you are talking about here, might even be fronting myself off here i guess lol, not gonna go look though, now.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ha! That might be true, imo "deceived" is more likely, but in my defense if that is what i am doing here i did the emo thing, wherein there was no fear, which seemed right then, but meeting the monster involved a lot of stark terror, really, and not only that but going back to it, voluntarily, knowing i was going to go into what i'm calling "free fall" again? Which i guess a yogi would tell us can be accomplished by just sitting there quietly, eyes closed, fugeddaboudit imo. Of course we are advised that these are bad things, right, this self-searching yoga type jazz, huh?

I wonder if the monster isnt my heart, bc its still there, i can still choose to get emo if i want or sometimes even if i dont, but he's usually not in front of me anymore. Well for minutes at a time anyway :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In an upside down world...yes. But this thread is about the heart of Jesus Christ...who came to earth to connect us with the Father....not just to make us feel good about ourselves or see ourselves in the best possible light as the false gospel was designed to do,

So you are seeing exactly backwards.

The self-edification is for they who have replaced the truth with a false "gospel of grace" that allows people to feel "saved" even as they lead sinful lives.

Why are not more people giving praise to God for the wonders of the kingdom of God...that we are all to seek FIRST?
word imo, the feel good about us and the best possible light thingy, yeh. Go three days without food and then you can tell of the wonders of a cold can of mother...lima beans, imo. lol.

Reactions: faithfulness

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we even suggest such a thing without any evidence at all? Isn't even a negative suggestion made publicly likely to smear a person's name, a person who may be innocent? Is this not why in this land [USA] one major point of written law was that a person was presumed innocent until proven guilty? Of course, God knows if any are guilty, or not, but does He always whisper that in some man's ear so that charges may be brought against them?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we even suggest such a thing without any evidence at all? Isn't even a negative suggestion made publicly likely to smear a person's name, a person who may be innocent? Is this not why in this land [USA] one major point of written law was that a person was presumed innocent until proven guilty? Of course, God knows if any are guilty, or not, but does He always whisper that in some man's ear so that charges may be brought against them?
There’s only one name.
My hope is when I die my name dies with me!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be a fantasy is more palatable than the truth?
And if what most people consider reality is in fact fantasy, then where would we be on the difference between fantasy and truth? The Truth, of course, is Jesus, but how many are really able to see him? What they do see, and more often than not act upon as if it were truth, may well be that fantasy of which you speak.

Reactions: faithfulness

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if what most people consider reality is in fact fantasy, then where would we be on the difference between fantasy and truth? The Truth, of course, is Jesus, but how many are really able to see him? What they do see, and more often than not act upon as if it were truth, may well be that fantasy of which you speak.
Have you seen him??