The Wonders of the kingdom of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mean to interfere with you all, but I do say that I have been listening to you Charity, in which I think, please don't leave the forum because of whatever reason that you might have, ok? Jesus knows about everything, and love to you also., but please reply.
Hello @firsthings1st,

I have only now returned, and, reading through this last page of the thread I found your post: I find that I can't leave the forum, for I have no peace about it, so I will be here. Forgive me for any consternation I may have caused.

Thank you for your kindness,
In Christ Jesus
Chris

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Could be a fantasy is more palatable than the truth?
ha well i guess esp in the west we are all raised on a fantasy, and hey giving up santa claus is hard. We are apparently made to Look Up, and then we are sposed to learn or translate that into a diff kind of looking up that has no apparent payoff? But i guess that is what we really went out into the wilderness to see, huh?

Reactions: Waiting on him

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And if what most people consider reality is in fact fantasy, then where would we be on the difference between fantasy and truth? The Truth, of course, is Jesus, but how many are really able to see him? What they do see, and more often than not act upon as if it were truth, may well be that fantasy of which you speak.
the heck of it is, imo any fantasy or at least imagination one might have about say where they would like to be in a year? Totally doable with imagination alone imo. As long as the fantasy is doable, bam do it!

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @firsthings1st,

I have only now returned, and, reading through this last page of the thread I found your post: I find that I can't leave the forum, for I have no peace about it, so I will be here. Forgive me for any consternation I may have caused.

Thank you for your kindness,
In Christ Jesus
Chris
you are welcome, glad that you are here, if any trouble please let me know I'll be in prayer.:)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha me too! But i think a different definition of Prayer is called for anyway tbh.
(from 4314 /prós, "towards, exchange" and 2172/euxomai, "to wish, pray") – properly, to exchange wishes
Strong's Hebrew: 6419. פָּלַל (palal) -- to intervene, interpose
"pray" meant "wish" when the kjv was written i guess?
I guess some people have trouble praying because they are hooked on one definition or another which may fit some people some of the time, but... Do we not with our definitions and descriptions make it more difficult than it is or should be? I guess some who easily speak with another man are amazed or awed by the difference between Him and us. But still why is it so difficult to talk to God or to simply wait on Him without saying a word?

After a vision we see Daniel here...

"And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.
And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.
Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me" Dan 10:15-18

And then there is just waiting on God...

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Or then as Jesus describes or suggests:

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name..etc. " Matt 6:9ff

Personally I usually start with the actually words as per Jesus suggestion and then simply let it flow. The specifics I ask about are not as per some prepared list but rather as things come to my mind while talking to Him. I may or may not form them into spoken words with my mouth.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeking after experiences, you will tend to find them, but our walk is by faith, and not by sight.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Seeking after experiences, you will tend to find them, but our walk is by faith, and not by sight.

This is to confuse physical seeing with the spiritual faculty that comes with the new birth in Christ. You can't SEE the kingdom unless you are born from above.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father do: for what things soever he does, these also does the Son likewise.

Did Jesus walk by faith? Or by sight?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus walk by faith? Or by sight?

What does the Bible say what we do?

Walk by sight? Or by faith?

2 Corinthians 5
6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight)
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

This is to confuse physical seeing with the spiritual faculty that comes with the new birth in Christ.

So then you aren't actually seeing these things you've said that saw. OK, more a "spiritual" seeing. I've learned to not question whether someone has seen a vision or something. Who knows what people see? All sorts of things.

Blessed are those who not seeing have believed!

Much love!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought it just might be time to have a very positive praiseful thread about the wonders of a walk in the Spirit. :)

We have this treasure in earthen vessels.

We are to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Now this a miraculous place to be...so far away from our routine worldly lives so that few can believe we have access to so much from God. But God gives us His grace.

All of us is what He asks from us to see this realm is faith. To enter in costs us everything, of course. But we can still taste and see the goodness of the Lord for ourselves...as a free gift of grace from Him.

The kingdom of God is full of light. A shimmering light that reflects the glory of God. It is a dimension just beyond our human sight. It is in another realm; the realm of the Spirit.

In the Spirit we see things that are not visible to the human eye. We see things on people, angels at times and whatever comes into that realm; that heavenly place.

To walk in that place we are clothed with His light...as one is dressed in clothing. Paul calls this the "armour of light" or the full armour of God. It is from that anointing that we walk victoriously in this world...far beyond the reach of it's lusts and desires. In the Spirit we have a refuge, a sanctuary of peace and glory.

Few have experienced this walk as it is going very far to even consider such a place. A human faith can't even consider it as a possibility. No, it is a surprise that such a kingdom exists at all. But this is what it means to be "in" Christ. To be where He is. To have fellowship with Him and the Father.

This is what ALL who seek the Lord should desire to enter into. That place where He dwells...where His name is...where His authority rules and His presence fills all things...
We dress up to go worship God in church...I wonder what kind of "special light" we'll adorn to go in His presence in heaven on the Sabbath. Man, what a shame if we fail to "endure to the end" and miss out on being saved, right?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm born from above, and I don't see it. Why? Tell us please.

You do see it in Hebrews 1:1-3 “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, [2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; [3] Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Ezekiel 13:5
[5] Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord.

Ezekiel 22:30
[30] And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Who is that good and faithful servant that stood(stands) in the gap and makes up The hedge(wall)? Zechariah 2:5 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

Isaiah 60:18
[18] Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.

“wasting nor destruction” within thy borders...”thou shall call thywalls salvation...thy gates Praise.” Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We dress up to go worship God in church...I wonder what kind of "special light" we'll adorn to go in His presence in heaven on the Sabbath. Man, what a shame if we fail to "endure to the end" and miss out on being saved, right?

“the garment of Praise”

Reactions: Phoneman777