The Word of God is too complicated to understand, is that really true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Hi Rocky, I agreed with most of what you said until you asked this question: If this is what prompted the question, how can we be still be taught that Jesus has not come and we are still waiting? This is where preterism separates itself from mainstream eschatology.

The answer to the second question :"the sign of thy coming (when will you return in judgment)" is in Matt. 24:4-13 and as you can see this is global in nature and involves much more than a Rome vs. Jerusalem scenario. Regarding vs. 5, I really don't believe an est. 37 (to 70 ad) years would have "many" false Christs and prophets arise. A few, maybe, many, no.

The answer to the third question: " the end of the age (when will our world as we know it end)" is in Matt. 24:27-31.

Your reference: "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." can be considered two different ways. Christ is either speaking directly to the generation of that time, or the actual generation that would see ALL these things come to pass. Which in the opinion of most scholars hasn't begun yet.

That the age in question is a law versus grace thing is an educated guess, but by assuming it is the age of law Christ is speaking of, is just that, a guess. He could also be speaking, having already answered the temple question, of when the age of grace ends, which is more in line with the other prophetic scriptures. Seeing as how most historical scholars put the writing of Revelation around 95 AD, some 25 yrs. after 70 ad, the churches of John's time knew that the final two questions have yet to be answered.

In response to your second point in I John 2:18

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
and again in II John 1:7

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
In both he says that there are many in his generantion.

As far as the third point in Hebrew 9:26 it says that Jesus appeared in the end of the world to be our sacrifice, their generation.

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.