The Word of God - The Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah - there is a very basic problem with your understanding!!!

Jesus Christ is alive!! And His name is called The Word of God!!!! That is His name!!

When He speaks a word that does not mean that word is alive anymore that if you speak a word the word you speak suddenly takes of a life of it's own and starts taking classes at the local college, and gets a job at the local gas station, and goes around making decisions and judgements!!

That is just really silly thinking. That is why we read the word "He" or "Him" after comments on the Word of God.

And how can you possibly think that way and in such a silly manor if you are indeed spending time talking back and forth with Jesus Christ, the Word of God???

Don't you realize that you are talking to a person!!! Don't you realize that those prophets in the past talked to a person???

He goes by a number of names, all based upon what He does, because that is how we know Him!!

He is the "I AM", because He is always around and never leaves us. He is the KING OF KINGS because His Father put Him on the throne of God! He is call "Wonderful Counselor, The Might God, The Everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace, because He gives wonder counsel, does mighty things, all things were created though Him and for Him, and because through Him you get peace with God. And He is called The Word of God, because He, the Christ, talks to His sheep personally. He does not say a word and that word then says other words, but by His words He can create other beings. That still does not mean His word suddenly is doing the thinking taking action, but rather all things come together as He commands. So He creates, and He can choose to give you life or not give you life, but He is the One making the decisions and ruling, and that according to what His Father tells Him to do.

You have come up with some hilarious thinking, and that can only be because understanding comes from Him mouth and not your leaning on your own understanding. If only you would start talking back and forth with Him you could easily understand that you are talking back and for with a person, even the One whose name is called The Word of God.
Can you show me some scripture about Jesus' name... as we agree that He is alive...

BTY .... Christ/Messiah is not Jesus last name for the 2nd time!

Do you actually have any Bible knowledge????

Dr. Hugh Schonfield, in his book the Passover Plot. Reported that many Christians he spoke with were not even aware that the term "Christ" was simply a Greek translation of the Hebrew title Messiah, and thought somehow that it referred to the Second Person of the Trinity. "So connected had the word ‘Christ’ become with the idea of Jesus as God incarnate that the title ‘Messiah’ was treated as something curiously Jewish and not associated.”

N.T. Write, the Bishop of Litchfield, agrees: “One of the most persistent mistakes throughout the literature on Jesus and the last hundred years is to use the word ‘Christ,’ which simply means ‘Messiah’, as though it was a ‘divine’ title.” Who was Jesus? p.57.

According to its OT usage, the term Messiah, the Anointed One, indicates a call to office.

Most certainly, it was not the title of an aspect of the Godhead. This is a later Gentile invention that came about by ignoring Jesus’ Jewish context and inventing a doctrine called the Incarnation- the idea that a second member of the Trinity, God the son, became a human being. As Lockhart says, in Jesus the Heretic, p.137. “Christianity ignored the ‘Messiah’ and theologically worked the ‘Christ’ up into the ‘God-Man.’ Jesus as the ‘Messiah’ is a human being; Jesus as the ‘Christ’ is something entirely different.”

Jesus calls himself "a man" (John 8:40) "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do. and the apostles call him "a man" (Acts 2: 22; 1 Tim. 2:5). Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know-- 1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, He is constantly contrasted with and distinguished from God, his Father.

The Hebrew Bible or OT, predicted Jesus would be a man (Is.53:3). But never does the scriptures use the term "God-Man" to tell us who Jesus is. The Greek language of the day had a perfectly good word for “God-Man” (theios aner) but it never appears in the New Testament. So why do we persist with these extra-biblical terms? Why do we continue to employ non-biblical (i.e. unbiblical) language to describe Jesus?

The Bible verse saying is true which says that we are very quick to spot the speck in the eye of another's theology, but how blind we are to the beam in our own. Mary is not the mother of God, according to the scriptures. And neither is Jesus God the Son, nor is he the "God-Man" according to the Bible. And he is nowhere called "God of from God" as the later Nicene Creed called him. Protestants, people of the Bible ought to know that the contentious extra-biblical word used at Nicea, homoousios, meaning ‘of equal substance,’ “did not come from Scripture but, of all things, from Gnostic systems.” Quote from Born Before All-Time? p. 500. Kuschel.

The result was that such terminology introduced alien notions into Christian understanding of God. In other words, "an epoch-making paradigm shift has taken place between Scriptures and Nicea.” Born Before All-Time? p. 503. Kuschel

To the Jewish mind, accustomed to Old Testament teaching on the principles of agency and representation by which God appoints a man to speak or act on his behalf, such a concept was both familiar and acceptable. Whilst it is true that some of Christ's enemies believed him to be usurping or laying claim unlawfully to certain Divine rights or powers, not a single Jew ever thought that the miracles performed by Christ proved that he was a Divine being, and the gospel record indicates that many recognised that he was a man Divinely appointed to exercise power and authority on God's behalf.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you actually write this?
Soren Kerkegaard stated…..

There are two ways to be fooled….

One way is to Believe what is not true….
The other is to refuse to believe what is true…

FIRST... Let's review about the logos... You seem to refuse to believe what is true!

The above shows the problem right away!!

Pierac is looking to men and not the Lord for what is true!!!!!

It is not even the Kerkegaard whom he is quoting is really so far off. The quote is not that bad, but the understanding is as far off as heaven is from hell.

Christian are supposed to believe the Truth.... yet we also know Jesus Christ, as the Word of God who talks to us, is the Truth!!

Pierac does not know that, because He does not know that Jesus Christ is the Truth and so is the Word of God. That is because he does not hear from the Lord our God!!

So even if he hears something from another man that is correct, he still does not know to go to Jesus Christ by faith and listen to what He has to say. That can also be put - that he doesn't take all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ, like is explained in the Bible. Indeed, he can't to that because he has closed his ears and eyes least God reprove Him!!

Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning That they may hear?
Behold, their ears are closed And they cannot listen.
Behold, the word of the LORD has become a reproach to them;
They have no delight in it.

So I can point them to the Word of God to get the words God has for them, but "they cannot listen".

They lean on their own understanding and seek out men instead of God, even the Word of God who was in the beginning with God and who is God!!

They simply don't know Jesus Christ (who has been given all things including the words of His Father, so they don't know the Father, and the Holy Spirit has not been sent to them with the words God has for them. The Holy Spirit would be sent, if only he would repent of his ways, be willing to accept the reproof God has for him, and open up to Jesus Christ. I mean he is still God's creation and all things wear created through Jesus Christ, the Word of God.

Sadly he has bought into the lies of that snake who brought 'unbelief' with those first words of his - "Did God really say?"

So he deludes himself, and the Bible shows it over, and over, and over. Indeed, Rev 19:13 reads "He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God." and the Greek word used for Word is logos. So it is used as a name for a person, even the person - the "He" who is clothed with a robe dipped in blood" and "His" (again a person) name is called "The Word (logos) of God".

It is not hard to understand! Anyone who walks and talks with the Lord understand they are walking and talking with a person, and that is the One they call Lord, because He is God and so has the words of God for them, which includes instructions, teachings, encouragement, and more. Jesus Christ is the Lord - He is my Lord - He gives me instructions, teachings, encouragement, and He tells me (quite often actually) "Karl, I love you."

How sad I find it when I find people who do not know Him and His love for them. How sad it is to know how much He cares for them, yet they will not listen to Him. They close their ears least they would hear from Him and He would reprove them. Yet His reproof is the very thing they need most, because He reproves those He loves to make them better people.

Ps 81: 8, 10 - 15

“Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, if you would listen to Me!

“I, the LORD, am your God,
Who brought you up from the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.

“But My people did not listen to My voice,
And Israel did not obey Me.

“So I gave them over to the stubbornness of their heart,
To walk in their own devices.

“Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!

“I would quickly subdue their enemies
And turn My hand against their adversaries.

“Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him,
And their time of punishment would be forever.

Those who hate the LORD pretend obedience to Him but they do not actually listen to Him!! And their time of punishment would be forever!! Should we not explain that to them? Is there even anything that I could do for them which would be better for them than to explain this to them. So it is He tells me to preach the Word of God and specifically He told me, "Karl, I want you to preach the Word of God, but not like it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM the word of God", and with the I AM I felt the power of God which knocked me towards the floor so that I had to catch myself before hitting the floor!

Now that was the Truth talking to me, and it exactly what is explained in the Bible! But still, understanding comes from His voice, not our understand, even our understanding of the Bible.

Therefore Pierac; You are either going to humble yourself and seek Jesus Christ and what He has to say to you, so that you will understanding that the Word of God is Jesus Christ and He has the words of God, or you are going to continue to seek truth in your own understand for the truth, and that will not work. Your time of punishment will be forever, just like it is written.

Oh BTW - we don't believe He is alive because you don't believe He is alive, otherwise you would listen to Him. Or are you thinking Him being alive means that He is in some far off place called heaven to return someday? The Word of God we preach is near you, and "He" said that "He" would not leave us!! So He is the Word of God who is near us and speaks to us Today! That is why we honestly call Him our Lord - a Lord is someone who gives instructions which you obey.

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[quoted post removed]

I don't follow traditions of men - that is what you do and why you asked.

We are supposed to follow Jesus Christ and that by the words that come out of His mouth to us personally - or did you not even read the Bible?

Jn 10: 4-7 “When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.
“A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.”
This figure of speech Jesus spoke to them, but they did not understand what those things were which He had been saying to them.

The verses in the Bible are correct but you don't have understanding because your are looking to men and not God!! That is why you don't understand the Scriptures! Even the ones you quote you do not understand!

For example you quoted:

Joh 8:40 "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Who did Abraham actually hear from, the Father or the Son? The correct answer is the Abraham heard from the word of the Lord, and that is the Christ! But the Jews, like you, did not understand that God the Father and God the Son are One God, and that because Jesus did and said only what the Father tells Him. Did you not read that nobody knows the Father accept the Son and anyone He show?

Mt 11:27 “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

So you nor anyone has heard from the Father except the Son and that the Son spoke His Father's words to them, and that through His Holy Spirit. But you don't understand because you don't listen to Him but rather lean on your own understanding. The above verse and all the others are only understood by listening to the Teacher, and did you not also read that Jesus Christ is the Teacher; and what about that they will all be taught of God.

Mat 22:16 And they *sent their disciples to Him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are truthful and teach the way of God in truth, and defer to no one; for You are not partial to any.

Mat 23:8 “But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.

So you completely miss it. You don't understand how Jesus the Christ and His Father are One, yet in the Bible it is stated by Jesus that is the case!

Jn 17: 20, 21 “I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

And this is the really sad part - that not only does Jesus explain that He and His father are one, but He is praying that we (His sheep might also be one like He is one in the Father!!

What you haters of Christ and that He is the Word of God and God [like read in Jn 1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. ] - fail to realize is that Father, Son, and Spirit being one God is not about them being One, but us becoming one with them!!!!

Therefore eternal punishment and the fires await you unless you repent and start listening to Jesus Christ by faith, via the Holy Spirit - Because that is how you become indwelled by the Holy Spirit!!

Do you not read that part in Jn 17 'that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also many be in Us"????

Do you still not understand? Of course not, because understanding does not come with your understanding, but it comes from His mouth!!

Prov 2: 6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Therefore if you do not repent, and seek Him, so that you open up to Him and hear what He has to personally say to you, then He will not be able to come into you and eat with you and you with Him! Just like it is written:

Rev 3: 19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.
‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

That option above is for "anyone", but the choice is yours. Are you going to accept the reproof He has for you, so that your repent of leaning on your own understanding, so that you open up to Him and start hearing His voice, or not?

If you start hearing His voice, that happens because He sends His Holy Spirit to give you the words of God which are own by the Son!! The Father gave Him all things, including the very words of God - which is why He is called the Word of God - because He has been given the words of God by His Father - you read that, right?

Jn 16:13 - 15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
“He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.
“All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

So nor anyone, including Abram, has ever heard the words of God except they got them from the Son, because He has owned them from the beginning. That is when the Father gave Him all things!!

Gen 15: 1After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

Do you not read above that it was "the word of the Lord" who came to Abram in a vision, saying??

The Word of God - or word of the Lord is His name!! Have you not read that - but perhaps He has not yet been revealed to you?

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

So the Gen 15:1 could read - "After these things the Jesus Christ came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

Except that He had not yet gone to the cross to become our Saviour (Jesus means God's salvation). So Abram knew Him, the person of Jesus Christ, as 'the word of the Lord'. A word does not say a word, but a person says words to us! And Jesus Christ does that via His Holy Spirit, who does not speak on His own, but only takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ and gives them to your spirit!

You would start to understand that if you actually spent some time listening to Him. You should even have gotten that information in your church. Most Christian churches I know do an altar calling ask you if you want to come forward and accept Jesus Christ into your life. Do you not even understand that means He will start speaking to you in your heart, and you will also probably start figuring that out when what He puts in your heart comes our your mouth. Still, you have the ability to not listen to Him, if you want!!

So do you know how you kill the Word of God spiritually speaking????

You kill the Word of God (Jesus Christ) by not being willing to listen to what He has to say to you!!!

And that is the meaning behind the verse you quoted:

Joh 8:40 "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Abraham did not kill the word of the Lord spiritually speaking when He showed up in a vision, but instead Abram believe it was the Lord who was speaking to Him and listen to the Lord. Yet the Pharisees, Sadducees, and the Jews in general at that time did not do what Abraham did. So spiritually speaking they were killing Him and the very moment He told them "you are seeking to kill Me", because He knew they did not want to listen to Him. And that was surely going to result in a physical killing of Him, because God (Him) created the heavens and then the earth. Things in the spiritual manifest in the physical, or has that too not been explained to you?

Actually Jesus Christ, the Word of God, was a dead man as soon as Adam and Eve decided not to listen to Him. If you really spent time walking and talking with Him it would have been explain to you. You and I, we kill Him (The Word of God) when we decide not to listen to God, because He is the One we hear from. Of course if you never hear from Him then you would not understand.

I got that understanding from Him and sadly I don't even hear Him as much as I should. I usually only hear from Him a dozen or so times a day. Still He forgives me the other times and tells me He loves me. I hear that, and often. Why don't you start by asking Him how He feels about you and listen for His voice?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't follow traditions of men - that is what you do and why you asked.

We are supposed to follow Jesus Christ and that by the words that come out of His mouth to us personally - or did you not even read the Bible?

Yet you do follow the traditions of men... Yet..... still fail to listen to the words that came out of His Mouth!!!

(John 8:40) "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Who heard from God????

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

Still don't see do you......

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

And you Guys still think I belong to some traditions of men Church .... Please!!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(John 8:40) "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Who heard from God????

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

Still don't see do you......

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

And you Guys still think I belong to some traditions of men Church .... Please!!!

His sheep hear from God, because the One who has the words of God is God, even Jesus Christ the Lord our God. How is it you don't know this? How is it you have to ask, "Who heard from God?" And it is not me who follow men, but you who also asked about following men. We don't do that. We work with other men, and also with angels of the Kingdom of God, but we all (His angels included) follow Jesus Christ and that by hearing from Him.

Yet you seem to know nothing of this, hearing from God!

Have you not read:

Is 30: 20, 21 Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

Oh - we don't always listen to Him like we should, but He has taken me to yards sales on a Saturday morning, telling me when to turn the right or to the left. So while that prophecy will ultimately be fulfilled with Him in heaven, we are told to ask for His will to be done on earth as in heaven, and He is faithful to answer that request that He Himself ask for us to ask for. How is it you don't seem to know this?

Did you not even read how Moses meet Aarron both walking in the desert per the instructions of the Lord. And you have read that the Spirit tells us Jesus Christ is Lord, right? So at least you should have put the writings in the Bible together enough to know that you need to hear from Him yourself. So you should not have to ask, "Who heard from God????", but rather you should have a testimony about how you hear from God!!

But instead you ask, like someone who has no idea about such a thing.

Did you not even read about the Word of God we preach being near us??

Rom 10 :4-10 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness.
But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),
or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

So it was then, that Paul had to explain to the unbelieving Jews that Christ is the end of the law for righteous, and that we are don't say in our hearts the He is either dead or in a far off place called heaven. But rather we find Him speaking to us in our heart and even in the words that come out our mouth, if we are not paying close attention to what He has to say to us. So it is that we (His sheep) hear His voice, and get instructions from Him, Jesus Christ, so we have to confess that He is our Lord and is God. Certainly the One who has the words of God for us is God, even our the Lord our God, so we confess Him and that results in salvation.

But some say He is not the Word of God so not God. They don't realize that only goes to show that they don't listen to Him, and don't have salvation. And it is no use lying to them. They are not going to heaven unless that changes!! So we tell them to seek Him and listen to Him, Jesus Christ the Lord our God!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So let me ask, when you say "THE WORD OF GOD" do you mean Him who talks to you? Do you know God's salvation, Jesus, the Christ or not?
Interesting topic, thanks.

Not sure if this has been covered already but...

Who, or what, was the Logos/the Word, before the Word became flesh?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how does the Word (logos) become flesh in John 1:14? Let me use an example which most of us can relate to. We are all familiar with the expression, "was this baby planned?" Let's say it was planned. You and your wife had a plan to have a baby. You had a logos, a plan. Your plan (logos) became flesh the day that your baby was born. In the same way, God's plan of salvation for us became a reality, became flesh, when Jesus was born.
That's how I view the Logos/logic/plan/reason/means/meaning/intention/purpose/destination...

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born Again, by the “ LIVING “word of God
That is a pseudo-biblical claim. An evangelical apologetic.
Which lacks biblical support, as far as I can tell.
Please correct me if I am wrong, thanks.

Furthermore, I do not find the words "Jesus" or "Bible" in the Strong's definition below.

Logos
from legó
Definition
a word (as embodying an idea), a statement, a speech
NASB Translation
account (7), account* (1), accounting (2), accounts (2), answer (1), appearance (1), complaint (1), exhortation* (1), have to do (1), instruction (1), length* (1), matter (4), matters (1), message (10), news (3), preaching (1), question (2), reason (2), reasonable (1), remark (1), report (1), said (1), say (1), saying (4), sayings (1), speaker (1), speech (10), statement (18), story (1), talk (1), teaching (2), thing (2), things (1), utterance (2), what he says (1), what* (1), word (179), words (61).

/

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting topic, thanks.

Not sure if this has been covered already but...

Who, or what, was the Logos/the Word, before the Word became flesh?

/

He was the only begotten Son of God and the Word of God from the beginning, and His Father put Him on the throne of God as soon as their was a Kingdom of God. So He was also the Annointed One.

We see that in Ps 2 - it might be a bit long to post, but it is a very revealing Psalms. It shows how His Father loved Him so much that He put everything under His feet, and making Him the King. And since this was written in the Psalms, even the Son and "begotten You" part, the Father saying to the Son (the Christ) "Today I have begotten You", it then goes back to the very beginning. Not necessarily the "nations in an uproar" part, but the "decree of the Lord" part. So the Father made Him Lord from the beginning, because it was "the decree of the Lord". It is an interesting Psalms to go over with the Lord our God (Jesus Christ) All things were not only made through Him, but He was made "Lord and King" over them. Still there was a rebellion that is being put down.

Why are the nations in an uproar
And the peoples devising a vain thing?
The kings of the earth take their stand
And the rulers take counsel together
Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
“Let us tear their fetters apart
And cast away their cords from us!”
He who ]sits in the heavens laughs,
The Lord scoffs at them.
Then He will speak to them in His anger
And terrify them in His fury, saying,
“But as for Me, I have installed My King
Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
“I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD:
He said to Me, ‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.

( I put a little break in it hear to emphasize when the Son was begotten and made Lord. The next part is more about what is happening now, where as the first part was about what had happened from long ago - and answers the question - Who, or what, was the Logos/the Word, before the Word became flesh? )

‘Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance,
And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
‘You shall break them with a rod of iron,
You shall shatter them like earthenware.’”
Now therefore, O kings, show discernment;
Take warning, O judges of the earth.
]Worship the LORD with ]reverence
And rejoice with trembling.
Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
For His wrath may soon be kindled.
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!

I wanted to put a little BTW on this:

When we talk to our Lord Jesus Christ, we find out that He is the Word of God because He will only do and say what His Father tells Him. So we know the Father, and what His Father wants us to know, through Him. Yet the Father wants to glorify His Son because He loves Him.
A few times on Christmas Eve He has taken me down to the beach, where I used to surf when I was young. And we went over how He, the Son of God, felt the night before taking on flesh. There was a decision to made by the Son. He was already King and on the throne in heaven and He tells me that heaven is so much better than we could imagine, and He was there as King. Yet His Father was asking Him to take on flesh as a baby and trust Him. He was aware of what waited Him, and He didn't have to make the decision to come to earth in the flesh. He explained that it was a harder decision than even we see in the garden when He asks His Father to take that cup from Him. He was telling me that He didn't have to, but that like in the garden He said, "Thy will be done", because the Father's will is always best.

And He went over that decision with me, like the Father asked Him to do. Like the time in the garden before the cross, it was a very special time when I got to really see how our Lord thinks. Honestly it was soooo very sad, that He the King over heaven had to come to earth for us. It was so sad that it brought me to tears on a couple of Christmas Eves, when everyone else was celebrating. We don't truly realize what we are celebrating, though He said 'It was right that we celebrate His decision'. Yet I couldn't when I realized what a decision He made that night just for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a pseudo-biblical claim. An evangelical apologetic.
Which lacks biblical support, as far as I can tell.
Please correct me if I am wrong, thanks.

Furthermore, I do not find the words "Jesus" or "Bible" in the Strong's definition below.

Logos
from legó
Definition
a word (as embodying an idea), a statement, a speech
NASB Translation
account (7), account* (1), accounting (2), accounts (2), answer (1), appearance (1), complaint (1), exhortation* (1), have to do (1), instruction (1), length* (1), matter (4), matters (1), message (10), news (3), preaching (1), question (2), reason (2), reasonable (1), remark (1), report (1), said (1), say (1), saying (4), sayings (1), speaker (1), speech (10), statement (18), story (1), talk (1), teaching (2), thing (2), things (1), utterance (2), what he says (1), what* (1), word (179), words (61).

/

You can find out that the logos is used for Him in the "The New Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible"

logos denotes 1. "the expression of thought" - .....

and a bit farther down you will read:

II, "The Personal Word", the title of the Son of God ......

That is not surprising, because the word 'word" in our language means something like:

"a word (as embodying an idea), a statement, a speech
NASB Translation
account (7), account* (1), accounting (2), accounts (2), answer (1), appearance (1), complaint (1), exhortation* (1), have to do (1), instruction (1), length* (1), matter (4), matters (1), message (10), news (3), preaching (1), question (2), reason (2), reasonable (1), remark (1), report (1), said (1), say (1), saying (4), sayings (1), speaker (1), speech (10), statement (18), story (1), talk (1), teaching (2), thing (2), things (1), utterance (2), what he says (1), what* (1), word (179), words (61)." - as St. SteVen quotes.

Yet if is also found as a NAME, "the title of the Son of God" - as is in ""The New Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible"!

I mean that is obvious, is it not, when we read Rev 19:13?

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

I mean, do I need "The New Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible" to even tell me that when I can read it in the Bible?

And should I even need the Bible to tell me that if I am conversing with our Lord Jesus Christ, like I should be??

Abram and Moses did not have a Bible!! Yet Moses wrote about Abram:

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you;
Your reward shall be very great.”

Abram didn't have a Bible but He had 'the word of the Lord' come and talk to him in a vision, right?

And we know that a word, in the sense of a "a statement" or a "speech" does not make a statement of a speech, but people do! People say words, but words do not say words, in that sense. Yet if a person has a name and that name is called "The Word of God", then not only does that person say words but He specifically says the words of God to us!!

This is not that hard to understand, is it?

So a word from God did not come saying statements from God, but the person Abram and Moses referred to as "the word of the Lord" came and spoke to Abram - how do we not understand that??

John, the disciple of Jesus who walked and talked with the Christ whom he personally called 'Jesus', understood that Jesus, the One who took on flesh, was the same "Word" (person) who came and spoke to Abram, but we don't???? How can that be??? Are we talking and conversing back and forth with Jesus, The One whose name is called "The Word of God", like we should???

Indeed, didn't Jesus explain that He sends His Holy Spirit with His words, and that all things of His Father have been given over to Him, which would include the words of His Father?

And didn't Jesus explain that the Spirit does not speak on His own, but rather the Spirit takes the words of God which belong to Jesus, and gives them to us?

Jn 16: 13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.
“All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Jesus even explained that is how we get life, right?

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Take a close look at the above verse, please. Does it not say the words which give life come via the Holy Spirit, but look - those words are the words of Jesus, right? Do we not read how Jesus said, " the words that I have spoken to you"? So the words of God do not belong to the Holy Spirit!!! They belong to Jesus Christ!! It is Jesus who is doing the speaking, via the Holy Spirit!!! The Spirit is acting like a telephone line or a computer streaming information to us!!

We know that, right? We know that because His sheep, us, hear His voice, right!! We are not looking to the words of the Holy Spirit, but we are looking for the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ!! The words of God as HIS!!! The Father gave them to His Son, and the Holy Spirit gets those words from the Son and speaks them to our spirits.

We should know it, but I guess not everyone knows that yet. After all John wrote the book Revelation, as the last book we read in the Bible, and still John had to write, as part of the revelation of who Jesus Christ is, - Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

So Jesus having His name as "The Word of God: apparently was still a 'Revelation' to many Christians then, so I guess it could be Today also, but it shouldn't be; because it is written:

Heb 3:7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,

So TODAY, the Holy Spirit says, "TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE"!!!

I mean, what day should we hear from Jesus Christ who said that He would never leave us - is it not "TODAY"????

I like the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but do we still not understand that the real gift the Holy Spirit gives us is the "GIFT OF GOD"????

Jn 4:10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

The depth of the above verse is so awesome. Jesus is explaining, to her and we have a record of it, so it is explained to us, that "“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you," He would give you living water!!!

Therefore a question was asked:

"Who, or what, was the Logos/the Word, before the Word became flesh?"

and I took a bit to answer it, but how is it we do not know "who it is who says to you"???

He is The Word of God, because His Father gave Him the words of God and He is standing there at the door knocking with His voice.
He is the One who showed up to Abram in a vision saying "“Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”
He was the One who was talking to the woman at the well, if only she had known who was speaking to her.

We are not like her, are we? We are about getting to know Him, right?

Is 1:2,3 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth; For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up, But they have revolted against Me.
“An ox knows its owner, And a donkey its master’s manger,
But Israel does not know, My people do not understand.”

I mean we know Him, right?? We hear from Him, right?? We are not like Israel who did not know and did not understand, are we?

We got the gift of God, right? And so we understand and believe that Jesus Christ if that gift, right?

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

I know Him! We talk! We reason together!

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

So I probably need to be a bit careful, because He once reasoned with me and give me the parable of the fury chicken. No it is not in the bible, but He still like to use parables to teach us, and He has lots of them. Can 1500 pages tell you all that He needs to tell you?

Parable of the fury chicken, as told to me:

There was once was a fury chicken. Well, it wasn't actually fury, it just kind of looked that way. You see it was a young chicken and still had lots of it's down feathers, and could fly yet. So the older chickens decided to try and help the fury chicken, hoping it might fly. So they pecked at it and pecked at it, and helped it removed all it's down feathers, thinking that would make it fly, but it didn't. The fury chicken still did not have enough of the feathers it need to fly. All their pecking did was make the fury chicken sore. And after all chickens don't fly very well anyway. They certainly don't fly like eagles!

So I suppose if a young Christian does not yet understand that the One who talks to him with the still small voice is Jesus Christ, then they will figure it out as they go, right?

Still, incase you want to know, His sheep do hear His voice and the more you practice hearing His voice the better you will get at hearing His voice. Indeed, the more you practice the more He will give you, and the more you will understand.

Heb 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

So practice, practice, practice

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can find out that the logos is used for Him in the "The New Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible"
I guess they got enough complaints to make the addition. Which time did they get it right?
With the original work, or when they gave in to peer pressure?

/

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess they got enough complaints to make the addition. Which time did they get it right?
With the original work, or when they gave in to peer pressure?

/

So, do you think John was getting complaints and that is why He wrote:

He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood and His name is called "The Word of God"????

Look - I have read enough of what your are writing to know that you do sometimes actually hear from Him.

So who is talking to you then, and giving you the words of God?

Do you not know Jesus Christ as your Lord???

Have you read about the Law of His mouth?

Ps 119:72 The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

I read what you write and generally like it, but also understand that He is still teaching you. The Scriptures are good for that but He is the Teacher, and you have to make it about listening to Him and getting to know Him. It is not even written that the gifts will go away?

So even the gifts of the Spirit, are for teaching and development purposes! You are correct to seek the gifts of the Spirit, how else are you going to get all that understanding that He needs you to get, if you don't read the Scriptures and act accordingly,. Yet acting according to the Scriptures means seek Jesus Christ and listening to Him, because He is the Teacher of the writings!! And as the KING OF KINGS, what He says is law. Of have you not also read that man must live by every word that proceeds out of them mouth of God. And not every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God. It is present tense. So it mean listening to Him now, right?

In that way you learn from Him, and it is written that they are 'will be' taught of God. Maybe not all are being taught of Him now - who then is listening to Him to be taught by Him?

I tell you truly, as you listen to Him more and more and more, He will become the word of God to you more, and more, and more, - And also if you stop listening to Him and start rejecting Him, then the lines upon line of text, that has been written in an order on order way, that you read a little here and there will become the word of God to you. Then you will fall backwards, snared, and be taken captive!!

Of have you not read:

Is 28:12,13 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order,
Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

That does not mean that we don't study those lines of text - just like we study a text book when taking a class. Still the Lord once told me:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

So what are you telling people: that the Bible will save them?

No - don't tell them that! Tell them that Jesus Christ is standing there so that "ANYONE" (and you once wrote 'anyone') can hear from Him and get to know Him!

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Indeed, as you get to know Him more and more you will find that the gifts of the Spirit were all designed to get you listening to Him more and more and more. Maybe you don't understand that yet, but someday I believe you will.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are obviously people who are having a hard time understanding about God being One God.

And I understand how they think. I have only known the Lord, Jesus Christ, for alittle over 20 years now. The first 40 years I did not know Him, and even after coming to know Him I had to get to know Him better and better over time to get more and more understanding. And which the understanding came the understanding the He (Jesus Christ) is Understanding!

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;

Prov 8:14 “Counsel is mine and sound wisdom;
I am understanding, power is mine.

Look - He still talks and teaches us in parables and sayings:

Ps 78: 1,2 A Maskil of Asaph.
Listen, O my people, to my instruction;
Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in a parable;
I will utter dark sayings of old,

So in the saying above you should know that the Holy Spirit is Wisdom and Jesus Christ is Understanding. And His Father gave Him (Jesus Christ) all the things which include the words (Counsel) of God, the power of God, and the rule of God.

So when you talk to Jesus Christ, the Son of God, you talk to God and have to deal with the power of God, right?

Did we not read, Is 9:6?

Is 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

So we read the Bible and still don't actually believe what is written - or how else can they explain that the child born to us, who we celebrate when we celebrate Christmas, is not "Mighty God?? It is written that He is, so they who often say they go by the Bible as the word of God don't actually believe what is written in the Bible!!!
'
And Jesus talked about that problem, didn't He?

Jn 5 :46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

If they were believing what those people like Moses wrote, then they would be seeking Him and His words for them, but they don't believe the writings, so they don't seek Him and believe He can, will, and wants to talk to them!

And as for people being one, did they not even read:

Eph 5:31 FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.

And Paul is not talking about a husband and wife so much, is he?

Eph 5:32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.

And if Christ and His church, then have we not read:

Jn 17: 9-11 “I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours;
and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them.
“I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are.

So you not see and have you not read "that they may be one even as We are"?

So it is the people boast in the Bible but don't actually believe that it is right. Jesus Himself says that Him and the Father are one, but they don't believe it nor understanding it!! And it shows because they don't even understand that He was about making those of us His Father gave Him, one with Him like He is one with the Father.

They can see it nor understand it!! And that because the don't hear from Him and get to know Him!!

Still, some are learning, and that is what is asked of us; that we all be taught of God! Yet if learning from God, is it God the Father, God the Son, or God the Spirit?

The answer is Yes it is!!

Because the Father gave His words to the Son, so the Son has and owns them. Then the Holy Spirit, who does not speak on His own initiative, takes those words that came down from the Father and now belong to the Son, and the Spirit speaks them to our spirit, because the Holy Spirit indwells us. Therefore we become One with God just like Jesus prayed for!

Yet we are not so faithful, as to listen to Him much. Therefore our humanity comes through. Yet that was the plan, that some day our flesh would fade and die away and then we would listen better, like Isaiah wrote:

Is 30:21 Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left"

Of course we are told to pray Thy will be done on earth as in heaven, right?

So have you never heard Him telling you, 'turn left at the corner' , and saying 'down a few blocks and it will be on the right side'?

He used to and say He will again, take me out on Saturday mornings to go to yards sales. He used it so I would listen to Him telling me when to turn to the right of left. And He later used that to given me instructions while working in a healing ministry for Him. I had to be able to hear Him saying when to do what in order for Him to accomplish His purposed that night. Do you not still understand how we are to be one with God?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, do you think John was getting complaints and that is why He wrote:

He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood and His name is called "The Word of God"????
Point well taken. That makes sense.
I wonder why that wasn't in the original Strong's definition. ???

Do you not know Jesus Christ as your Lord???

Have you read about the Law of His mouth?

Ps 119:72 The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
Hmm... that's not the Logos. Is it?

/

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point well taken. That makes sense.
I wonder why that wasn't in the original Strong's definition. ???

Hmm... that's not the Logos. Is it?

/

Logos is a Greek word!!!

So why are you asking if a word in the psalms is a Greek word??

In Greek we find 2 words that get translated into our English Bibles as "word". One of the Greek words in logos, and the other is rhema. Logos has more a general meaning where as rhema is more about a specific saying someone makes. Yet languages are meanings that apply to those languages and really more to the people who used them when they were being used at the time when they were being used.

You did not speak Greek 2,000 years ago and you did not speak Hebrew 5,000 ago. Yet you want to argue over the meaning of the words, and why? The "Why" is the important part to understand!!! To get understanding you need to seek the Lord our God, Jesus Christ and then listen to what He tells you!!!

If you do listen to Him and reason with Him, so that you are taught by Him, and practices listening to Him by faith for sometime, and you discuss these questions back and forth with Him then you will grow in Him and learn!!

It is nice to know that you have heard from Him, and that He is doing some work in you, but if you do not even understand that you need to reason and learn from Him, then have you even learned that you need to learn from Him???

Have you learned this:

Prov 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

I am not trying to put you down, but instead I am trying to pick you up, and that to Jesus Christ, and Him as the Word of God!!

Him being the Word of God, meaning His name to you is the Logos "The Word", like it was to John who walked and talked with Him and learned from Him, as we find in the Bible in both:

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

And

In the verses above, if we look into them, we find that Jesus, who is the One who took on flesh and walked with and discipled John is The Word /logos!! The Word/logos was His name!!! John who called Him Jesus when they walked together, knew He was named The Word/logos, and John knew why also, but you still do not understand why!!

Again, The "Why" is the important part to understand!!!

Jesus Christ is called the Word of God, because He comes and talks to us personally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He talked to Abram, so Abram said of Him, 'the word of the Lord came to me saying'. A word in the general or specfic sense does not say a word but rather a word in the general sense is what is said by a person!! This is not hard to understand. Anyone should and can understand this, but you are having trouble understanding this. That is because confusion also talks to us, right?

That is to say both good and evil are around, meaning God and His Kingdom and those rebellious spirits of evil are around and we battle with them. The Lord our God gives us Wisdom to speak to us, and those dark evil forces bring us confusion. Still, God speaks to us in parables and saying, right?

So when John wrote:

In the beginning was the Word - it was in parabolic form. He was using that form to emphasize that the Christ who was the One who talked to those who wrote Old Testament (because that was the sacred writings of that time) and thus wrote things like "the word of the Lord came to me saying".

Gen 15:4 Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying,

1 Sam 15:10 Then the word of the LORD came to Samuel, saying,

2 Sam 7:4 But in the same night the word of the LORD came to Nathan, saying,

1 Kings 6:11 Now the word of the LORD came to Solomon saying,

1 King 16:1 Now the word of the LORD came to Jehu the son of Hanani against Baasha, saying,

1 Kings 21:28 Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying,

and I can keep going, finding you Scriptures that all point to hearing the person they referred to as 'the word of the Lord', and so John started off the book of John by telling you that Jesus, the One who took on flesh and walked with John himself, was the same One who spoke to all those who wrote and we read about in the Old Testament!!!!

When you yourself wrote about the Lord telling you to go speak to that person, do you still not understand that it was Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who spoke to you???

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, has been given the words of His Father by His Father, and so they are His!!! He owns them. He speaks them. Indeed He explained that He did and says only what His Father tells Him. Has that not been explained to you already??

OK - maybe that has not been explained to you, but "WHY"???

Again, The "Why" is the important part to understand!!!

It is because you don't fully realize that He is always with you to talk with you!!!! And that means you are not listening to Him like you should!!! And for that reason it was written through Isaiah:

Is 28: 12,13 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,” And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
So the word of the LORD to them will be, “Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line, A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

When we don't listen to Him like we should we wind up making the sacred writings "The Word of God", and thereby make an idol out of them. We wind up searching them for eternal life instead of seeking the Lord personally, and listening to Him! It happens, and it happens a lot. So it was written about a lot so that we might start seeking Him and everyday, called Today!!

Heb 3:7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,

Heb 3:15 while it is said,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS, AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME.”

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

And that is why He told me to preach Him as the Word of God - It is to encourage "Christians" to actually seek Him Today, and hear what He personally has to tell them "Today"!!

To the person that practices hearing from the Lord, it is hardly needed. But to the person who is dull of hearing because they don't practice hearing from Him, it is hard to explain, because they don't use their spiritual senses like the should.

Heb 5:11,12 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

If you were not dull of hearing then you could have gotten your answer about that person, He told you to speak to, before you spoke to that person, but we all have to hear by faith. That means He can get through to us on some things but not others, and at some times but not others.

Jesus call us men of little faith, even His disciples, but it is hard to think of ourselves that way. Faith comes from hearing, and so the more you practice hearing from Him the easier it is to hear from Him. So what has the Word of God spoken to you Today?

I don't need to know, but you do? Has He ask you to go to the store with Him, go on a walk with Him, told you about how Satan didn't understand how He and the Father were One either?

That is what He was speaking and teaching me about this morning - how Lucifer/Satan, didn't understand that He and His Father are One. If Satan had he would have understood that he could have never gotten on the throne of God, like he hoped. It turns out that Lucifer, while he could and did speak to the Son as the Word of God, he didn't like to speak to our Lord and so didn't understand like he should have that the Father had given Him all things even the word of God, and thereby made His Father and Himself One. Lucifer didn't understand that, so he thought he might ascend to the throne of God and caused a rebellion. That was the teaching I got form Him this morning, but you can not even understand that unless you start listening to Him more yourself!!!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are obviously people who are having a hard time understanding about God being One God.

And I understand how they think. I have only known the Lord, Jesus Christ, for alittle over 20 years now. The first 40 years I did not know Him, and even after coming to know Him I had to get to know Him better and better over time to get more and more understanding. And which the understanding came the understanding the He (Jesus Christ) is Understanding!

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;

Prov 8:14 “Counsel is mine and sound wisdom;
I am understanding, power is mine.

Look - He still talks and teaches us in parables and sayings:

Ps 78: 1,2 A Maskil of Asaph.
Listen, O my people, to my instruction;
Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in a parable;
I will utter dark sayings of old,

So in the saying above you should know that the Holy Spirit is Wisdom and Jesus Christ is Understanding. And His Father gave Him (Jesus Christ) all the things which include the words (Counsel) of God, the power of God, and the rule of God.

So when you talk to Jesus Christ, the Son of God, you talk to God and have to deal with the power of God, right?

Did we not read, Is 9:6?

Is 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

So we read the Bible and still don't actually believe what is written - or how else can they explain that the child born to us, who we celebrate when we celebrate Christmas, is not "Mighty God?? It is written that He is, so they who often say they go by the Bible as the word of God don't actually believe what is written in the Bible!!!
'
And Jesus talked about that problem, didn't He?

Jn 5 :46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

If they were believing what those people like Moses wrote, then they would be seeking Him and His words for them, but they don't believe the writings, so they don't seek Him and believe He can, will, and wants to talk to them!

And as for people being one, did they not even read:

Eph 5:31 FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.

And Paul is not talking about a husband and wife so much, is he?

Eph 5:32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.

And if Christ and His church, then have we not read:

Jn 17: 9-11 “I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours;
and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them.
“I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are.

So you not see and have you not read "that they may be one even as We are"?

So it is the people boast in the Bible but don't actually believe that it is right. Jesus Himself says that Him and the Father are one, but they don't believe it nor understanding it!! And it shows because they don't even understand that He was about making those of us His Father gave Him, one with Him like He is one with the Father.

They can see it nor understand it!! And that because the don't hear from Him and get to know Him!!

Still, some are learning, and that is what is asked of us; that we all be taught of God! Yet if learning from God, is it God the Father, God the Son, or God the Spirit?

The answer is Yes it is!!

Because the Father gave His words to the Son, so the Son has and owns them. Then the Holy Spirit, who does not speak on His own initiative, takes those words that came down from the Father and now belong to the Son, and the Spirit speaks them to our spirit, because the Holy Spirit indwells us. Therefore we become One with God just like Jesus prayed for!

Yet we are not so faithful, as to listen to Him much. Therefore our humanity comes through. Yet that was the plan, that some day our flesh would fade and die away and then we would listen better, like Isaiah wrote:

Is 30:21 Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left"

Of course we are told to pray Thy will be done on earth as in heaven, right?

So have you never heard Him telling you, 'turn left at the corner' , and saying 'down a few blocks and it will be on the right side'?

He used to and say He will again, take me out on Saturday mornings to go to yards sales. He used it so I would listen to Him telling me when to turn to the right of left. And He later used that to given me instructions while working in a healing ministry for Him. I had to be able to hear Him saying when to do what in order for Him to accomplish His purposed that night. Do you not still understand how we are to be one with God?
Agreed! Jesus tells us how important it is to know His God.... Karl needs to do some research on the Hebrew Concept of Agency!!

Joh 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

And
AND, conj.
And is a conjunction, connective or conjoining word. It signifies that a word or part of a sentence is to be added to what precedes. Thus, give me an apple and an orange; that is, give me an apple, add or give in addition to that, an orange. John and Peter and James rode to New York, that is, John rode to New York; add or further, Peter rode to New York; add James rode to New York.

Joh 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

We agree on one point!... "There are obviously people who are having a hard time understanding about God being One God."

Like who is God in this verse.... Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him....

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is so disrespectful. He is 6 yrs your senior. You are a bully!
Indeed!!!

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Let's add.... All is of God.... The other Paul said this 6 times.... in our New Testament! You want me to show You???

Yet...
You want me to act better than my God????

Check.... your biblical privilege!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed!!!

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Let's add.... All is of God.... The other Paul said this 6 times.... in our New Testament! You want me to show You???

Yet...
You want me to act better than my God????

Check.... your biblical privilege!
The post in reference you quoted to refute my statement has been removed after reports to Admin.
My statement to you still stands in regards of how inappropriately you addressed another poster.
We are done!