The Word of God - The Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

That is a great way to start telling someone about the Christ. He is the Word of God. That is His name.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Through Him all things were created, including this planet we are on and the heavens.

Col 1:16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

He was giving all things by His Father and was made ruler, even King, other all things according to His Father's wishes and great plan.

Ps 2:6 “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”

Jn 16:15 “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

And that of course includes the very words of God. They are in the possession of the Son. And His Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, takes the words of God which belong to Him, the Christ, whose name is called The Word of God, because He has the words of God, and brings His words to our spirit!

And so a command has gone out from the Father to listen to Him.

Mat 17:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

And it has also been read as, "Hear, O Israel."

Deut 6: 4-7 “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!
“You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
“These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.
“You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.

Yet His people, even those called by His name, would not listen. They said "Let not God speak to us".

Ex 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die.”

They would not keep the command and so they did not come to love the Lord their God with all their heart, because they did not seek Him and His voice. Thus they also did not diligently teach their sons to seek the Lord their God and His voice. Therefore a Law was handed down thru Moses, but they could not keep it either. To keep that Law they would need to seek His voice for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

It was all explained and written down, but still they would not listen so it was explained in harsher terms.

Is 1:2 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth; For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up, But they have revolted against Me.

He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line, A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

So because they would not listen the orderly lines in the Bible that they read alittle here and there become "The Word of God" to them; and that so they may go stumble backwards, be broken, snared and taken captive by the enemy.

Still, they would not listen. So the message got harsher.

Mal 2: 1-3 “And now this commandment is for you, O priests.
“If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart.
“Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it.

And the world saw it, because the message to hear was to anyone! Did He not make everyone. But who will listen to their maker? Who will listen to the KING OF KINGS?

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Will they even care to believe in Him? Will they care enough to even want to get to know Him, personally? If they do then God's Salvation (Jesus), even the Word of God will come to them and will reason with them! The Father, His Father, even gave Him to us, if we would just believe.

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

He even sent His Son to take on flesh and talk to men in person on earth, but we killed Him on earth, just like we have always killed the Word of God in the heavenlies by not listening to Him. And we also hurt Him, because He wants so much that we should hear Him and hates it so much when we do things without first seeking Him.

Ps 81:13 “Oh that My people would listen to Me, That Israel would walk in My ways!

Yet this is a Christian forum, so who have I been writing to? We are people, just like the Jews. And we are those grafted into Him, but are we different?

Who will hear The Word of God? Or will those writing be all the words of God we know about. If you listen you have heard Him! If you hear Him then you know things He told you! He once told me:

I MADE THE MOUNTAIN AND THE MOUNTAIN IS GOOD, BUT WOE TO THOSE WHO WORSHIP THE MOUNTAIN. WOE TO THOSE WHO WORSHIP THE CREATED AND NOT THE CREATOR.
I AM THE WORD OF GOD! THAT IS WHAT THEY CALL ME. FOR WHAT PROPHET EVER SAID ‘THE WORD OF THE LORD CAME TO ME SAYING’ AND DIDN’T MEAN THAT I CAME CLOSE? SHOULD I SHARE MY NAME WITH MY CREATION?

So let me ask, when you say "THE WORD OF GOD" do you mean Him who talks to you? Do you know God's salvation, Jesus, the Christ or not?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

That is a great way to start telling someone about the Christ. He is the Word of God
Trinitarians do not seem to realize the title <the Word of God> is not contained in John 1, only "word" in the general sense of the word.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trinitarians do not seem to realize the title <the Word of God> is not contained in John 1, only "word" in the general sense of the word.

The Word of God is contained in the person of Jesus Christ - the One you do not know!

Abram knew Him and believed in Him, and that belief was counted to Abram as "righteousness".

Gen 15: 1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

Gen 15: 6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

So Abram knew Him who went by the name "the word of the Lord", and heard from Him and believed in "the word of the Lord" who was saying to him, "“Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

Yet you do not know Him, hear from Him, nor have a testimony about Him - but instead you are saying He, the One whose name is called "The Word of God", or "the word of the Lord" which is the same thing, is some "general sense", which of course is non-sense. But you don't believe so you don't listen to Him, just like it is written:

Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning
That they may hear?
Behold, their ears are closed
And they cannot listen.
Behold, the word of the LORD has become a reproach to them;
They have no delight in it.

Yet those who believe in Him hear from Him, and take joy in hearing Him!! Did not Paul write:

Gal 3:2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

and also:

Gel 3 :5,6 So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Even so Abraham BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.

You read, but you do not understanding. You think but do not seek Him. You reason, but not with God!! So He says concerning you - or have you not heard?:

“Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

How then can you reason with Him if He is only thought to be a "general sense" by you? You have rejected Him, Jesus Christ, and have said in your heart that He is not around to be heard from.

Rom 5:9 For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness. But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down) or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

It is the Law that was given to give us a "general sense" of what the Lord our God is about, yet we were given Him, Jesus Christ, who is the Word of God who is near us so that we might hear from Him, even find Him in our mouths and heart.

But if you mouth says, "John 1, only "word" in the general sense of the word.", then the word of God to you is not Him!!, as explained in Is 28 (see the OP, or Is 28:13 ) - You have " stumbled backwards, been broken, snared and have been taken captive."

Did you not even read Jn 1:2?????

Jn 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.

He is not a "general sense" - He is a person!!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ultimately it is always going to come down to listening to Him!!

If you don't listen to Him, you don't know Him. If you do listen to Him you do know Him! You know that He has the words of God, that the Holy Spirit is His spirit who comes to you with His words for you personally. But you only get this understanding if you listen with your spiritual ears to His Spirit speaking His words to your spirit. That is the only way to get understanding!!

So anyone not having that understanding is not listening to Him. They are just leaning on their own understanding - and then the best thing I can do for them is to point that our plainly and boldy to them so they might, perhaps, examine themselves and realize they need Him, Jesus Christ whose name is called "The Word of God".

Abram knew Him as "the word of the Lord", but they do not know Him - and that realization is needed to seek Him, hear from Him, and to have faith in Him!!

It is written:

Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Yet concerning us, who do actually believe, it is written:

Rom 10: 14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?

And so what does He tell you when you come to know Him? Is it not to tell people that He is indeed there to be heard from? It is not to tell them to seek Him and listen to Him?

He personally told me to post the above OP this morning. Does it not have enough verses, enough reasoning, enough words which point people to Him. But still the Bible has those trying to tell people about Him and like me they found that people were still not willing to seek Him and listen to Him:

Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning
That they may hear?
Behold, their ears are closed
And they cannot listen.
Behold, the word of the LORD has become a reproach to them;
They have no delight in it.

That is also true and we find that same thing "TODAY"!!

What spirit tells you that Jesus Christ is just a "general thing", when He is the One on the throne of God as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS. They close their ears least they hear, and so it should be with them, because He put before them right and wrong, good and evil and they made their choice.

Still, perhaps someone will perchance reconsider and decide they do want to actually get to know the Lord - then seek Him and what He has to say to them???

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greek interli ear @:- John 1:1 Interlinear: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;
Shows that word and God are together and that the reasonable understanding of the Greek is word of God.

Actually - it shows that the Word, not the word, are together. and that is the reasonable understanding of the Greek is Word of God.
Jn 1:1:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (KJV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (NKV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (RSV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (ASV)

The Word is capitalized in all these common English/American translations because the name of a person is always capitalized in the English language!!!

And since the next verses we read:

Jn 1:2,3:
The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made. (ASV)
The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (KJV)
He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (NKJV)
He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. (RSV)

We then understand that the Word refers to someone, because we read "He!!!

Anyone who can reason understands that, which is why the translators of the different version understood by reason that it is "Word" not ", "word", and the Word does not refer to some "general sense" or something but rather someone!!! That is the conclusion that any common sense reasoning would bring you to.

So who have we been listening to with our spiritual ears?

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is going to take two post to make this clear.... Part 1

I have another train of thought for you think about. Is what you're reading into John 1 mostly church tradition? For almost 400 years, we have a read John 1 through the eyes of the Catholic Church. (reinforcing the Trinity). In the New Testament, “the Word” (Logos) happens to be of the masculine gender. Therefore, it's pronoun -"he" in our English translations - is a matter of interpretation, not translation. Did John write concerning “the word” that “he” was in the beginning with God or did he write concerning “the word” that “it” was in the beginning with God? As already stated, in the NT Greek the logos or word is masculine noun. It is okay in English to use “he” to refer back to his masculine noun if there is good contextual reason to do so. But is there good reason to make “the word” a “he” here?

It is a fact that all English translations from the Greek before the King James version of 1611 actually read this way: (notice Him and He are now “It”).

Tyndale 1534:
Joh 1:1 In the beginnynge was the worde and the worde was with God: and the worde was God. 2 The same was in the beginnynge with God. 3 All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was ye lyght of men

Cranmer 1539
John 1:1 IN the begynnynge was the worde and the worde was wyth God: and God was the worde. 2 The same was in the begynnyng with God. 3 All thynges were made by it and without it, was made nothynge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was the lyght of men

Bishops 1568:
Joh 1:1 In the begynnyng was the worde, & the worde was with God: and that worde was God. 2 The same was in the begynnyng with God. 3 All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made. 4 In it was lyfe, and the lyfe was the lyght of men,

Geneva 1587:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God. 2 This same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of men.

And now our modern Concordant Literal Version:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. " 2 This was in the beginning toward God. 3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being." 4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men."

The word logos appears many, many more times in this very Gospel of John. And nowhere else do the translators capitalize it or use the masculine personal pronoun "he" to agree with it!
The rest of the New Testament is the same. Logos is variously translated as "statement" (Luke 20:20), “question" (Matt 21:24), "preaching" (1 Tim 5:17), "command" (Gal 5:14), "message" (Luke 4:32), "matter" (Acts 15:6), "reason" (Acts 10:29), so there is actually no reason to make John one say that "the Word" is the person Jesus himself, unless of course the translators are wanting to make a point to. In all cases logos is an “it.”

In the light of this background it is far better to read John's prologue to mean that in the beginning God had a plan, a dream, a grand vision for the world, a reason by which He brought all things into being. This word or plan was expressive of who he is.

"The Word" for John is an “it” not a "he." On one occasion, Jesus is given the name "the word of God" and this is in Revelations 19:13. This name has been given to him after his resurrection and ascension, but we will not find it before his birth. It is not until we come to verse 14 of John's prologue that this logos becomes personal and becomes the son of God, Jesus. "And the Word became flesh." A great plan that God had in his heart from before the creation at last is fulfilled. Be very clear that it does not say that God became flesh.

There is even strong evidence suggesting that John himself reacted to those who were already misusing his gospel to mean that Jesus was himself the Word who had personally preexist the world. When later he wrote his introduction to 1 John, he clearly made the point that what was in the beginning was not a “who” he put it this way: "What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we beheld and our hands handled, concerning the word of life…"

Logos - This word is translated in English as "Word". This word has an actual meaning which has been almost completely lost due to the Greek philosophical interpretation of John 1:1-3 & 14.
who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. (Rev 1:2)

"I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word (logos) of God." (Rev 20:4)

Notice that they were beheaded for their testimony to Jesus AND for the logos of God...... Jesus and the word of God are not the same thing.

John 12:48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one (God) who judges him; the word ( logos ) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Again… Jesus spoke the Logos, as He is not the Logos! So who is the Logos? The very next verse tell us!

Joh 12:49
"For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Jesus is not our Judge, but our savior!

Joh 3:17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Act 17:30 "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because He ( God) has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

Word of God in this verse means God's plan of salvation for us (NAB), i.e. the kingdom of God message. So what does "logos" mean?

Logos - 1. Denotes an internal reasoning process, plan, or intention, as well as an external word. 2. The expression of thought. As embodying a conception or idea (New American Bible (footnote) & Vine’s Expository Dictionary).

According to Liddell and Scott Greek Lexicon, it also means:

Logos - the inward thought which is expressed in the spoken word.

I will give you a brief paraphrase of John 1:1-3 using the definitions for "logos:"

"In the beginning was God's plan, will, or idea for our salvation. It was present in his mind, and God's plan or will possessed all the attributes of God."

The very Trinitarian Roman Catholic New American Bible has this comment on this verse:

"Lack of a definite article with "God" in Greek signifies predication rather than identification."

Predication -
to affirm as a quality or attribute (Webster's Dictionary).

So how does the Word (logos) become flesh in John 1:14?....

Part 1

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 2

So how does the Word (logos) become flesh in John 1:14? Let me use an example which most of us can relate to. We are all familiar with the expression, "was this baby planned?" Let's say it was planned. You and your wife had a plan to have a baby. You had a logos, a plan. Your plan (logos) became flesh the day that your baby was born. In the same way, God's plan of salvation for us became a reality, became flesh, when Jesus was born. This verse is probably one of the biggest culprits in the creation of the trinity. The reason being that to someone educated in Greek philosophy such as the early church fathers of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, centuries, logos had an entirely different meaning. Tertullian who was responsible for much of the creation of the trinity was a Stoic lawyer. The Stoics defined "logos" as the "divine principle of life." Which is basically a definition of God. With this definition you are going to arrive at a completely different interpretation than what John intended. You will interpret it something like this:

"In the beginning was the divine principle of life, and the divine principle of life was with God, and the divine principle of life was God. Then, the divine principle of life became flesh."

With this definition you arrive at the conclusion that the divine principle of life, which is God, became flesh. Now you have God's essence in two places at once. The explanation for this obvious problem came in the form of the Doctrine of the Trinity. Then you have God's essence in flesh, so the description of Jesus becomes that he is fully God and fully man. These concepts come straight out of Greek philosophy. Greek philosophers believed that man was composed of flesh and a divine spark.

John 12:48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word (logos) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Again… Jesus spoke the Logos, He is not the Logos!

1Jn 1:1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life-- 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us--

What does scripture teach you about... What was from the beginning?

Pay attention as we need to get a little deeper comparing both John 1:1 with 1 John 1:1

John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word." 1 John 1:1"What was from the beginning, what we have heard."

Notice that in John what is from the beginning is the word, and in 1 John what is from the beginning is something that they heard (a message) .

Look closely...

1 John 2:7 - "Beloved, I am writing no new commandment to you but an old commandment that you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word that you have heard."

In 1 John 1:1 what was from the beginning is something that they heard, here in 1 John 2:7 the old commandment is what they have had from the beginning, (sound familiar?) and the old commandment is the "WORD" that they what? Heard! The same as in 1 John 1:1.

So, What commandment is John speaking about?

John is speaking about what Jesus called the greatest commandment, ( Mark 12:29-30 ) the commandment of love which God gave the Hebrews from the beginning. The message of love that the proclamation of the Kingdom of God brings with it.

How do we know for sure that this is the message and/or the commandment that they heard from the beginning? Because John tells you so in 1 John 3:11 and 1 John 3:23:

"For this is the message you have HEARD from the BEGINNING: we should love one another."

"And his commandment is this: we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another."

Loving one another is how the world will know that we are followers of God’s Christ.

John 13:30"This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

According to Paul (Romans 13:9), the law of love is the fulfillment of the Mosaic Law and it is the Law in the coming Kingdom of God which the Messiah has come to proclaim. These are Jesus’ own words.

John is talking about the message or Logos (known by you as “word”!)

Hope this helps,

Reactions: St. SteVen

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is going to take two post to make this clear.... Part 1

I have another train of thought for you think about. Is what you're reading into John 1 mostly church tradition? For almost 400 years, we have a read John 1 through the eyes of the Catholic Church. (reinforcing the Trinity). In the New Testament, “the Word” (Logos) happens to be of the masculine gender. Therefore, it's pronoun -"he" in our English translations - is a matter of interpretation, not translation. Did John write concerning “the word” that “he” was in the beginning with God or did he write concerning “the word” that “it” was in the beginning with God? As already stated, in the NT Greek the logos or word is masculine noun. It is okay in English to use “he” to refer back to his masculine noun if there is good contextual reason to do so. But is there good reason to make “the word” a “he” here?

It is a fact that all English translations from the Greek before the King James version of 1611 actually read this way: (notice Him and He are now “It”).

Tyndale 1534:
Joh 1:1 In the beginnynge was the worde and the worde was with God: and the worde was God. 2 The same was in the beginnynge with God. 3 All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was ye lyght of men

A Translation is just that - a translation into our language and is usually done by very wise men making wise decision, whether you care to realize that or not!!

"worde" is not a word in our language!! Our language is not a language used some hundreds of years ago, though it might have progress from that language. You can understand that, right? I would think so. Even our KJV version of the Bible is not the 1611 KJV - though I own a printing that version that Hendrickson Pub did in 2003. It is interesting but is in Old English, not in American or today's English. Today as even then, Christ was deity. And if you know Him you know that!!

Of course He is because He has the very words of God!! They are His!! And His sheep hear His voice, so the wise translators today all have it written like:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. (NASB)

Even the 1611 KVJ - and that translation then of "The Gofpel according to S. Iohn" has it:

"IN the beginning was the Word, & the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God."

So "Gofpel" is not a word in our language today, but they understood than that they were talking about Jesus Christ being deity, as shown by their writings in their own language!

And I don't doubt that Tyndale also personally knew Jesus Christ and Him as Lord, even though he wrote "worde" which is not of our language but his, and that He did not capitalize God in his language, thought deity is capitalize in ours. Would not he have known that even by Jn 1:2 , which reads:

Jn 1:2 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Who is the creator, if not God (the deity) - whether you write it as god and you still know Him as the deity or not. Still we capitalize God because He is deity, and we also capitalize a persons name, and His name is called "The Word of God"!!!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

But perhaps that is still confusing to you because you don't hear from Him and personally know Him - so let me help you a bit.

The Lord our God,. Jesus Christ tend to speak to us in saying and parables, because they are useful to a teacher, so even to the Teacher!!

Perhaps you notice that I capitalize "Teacher"? I did so because in this case our Teacher is our God, and deity is capitalized, right?

Mat 23: 8“But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Wow - look - even "One" is capitalized, and we who know our Teacher know that He, Jesus Christ, is our Teacher!

Although in the KJV version we often read "Master" instead of Teacher:

Mar 12:19 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: (KJV)

And note that we find the both Master (capitalized) and God (capitalized) and that there is one God, in the above verse!! So you can argue with all the translators and all the reasoning behind those educated and wise men, but His sheep still hear His voice and know Him as the Creator, their Master (Lord), their Teacher, and the Lord their God, because they hear the words of God coming from Him whose name is called "The Word of God", but maybe you have not gotten that revelation of Him yet?

Gal 3:15 Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it.

Gal 3: 22,23 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

And this is the problem' that Jesus Christ has not yet been revealed to you!! You are still shut up under sin, because of that! So even when you read:

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You don't have the understanding that Jesus Christ is the Lord our God, because it has not been revealed to you yet! It could be, but understanding comes from His mouth, not your leaning on your own understanding!!

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

And this was explained in the OP, was it not - still even reading the OP or the Bible is not actually hearing Him personally talk to you!

You are like Costello in the famous Abbot and Costello routine who is on first. Like he could not understand that "who" was the name of the first baseman, you can't understand that "Word, or worde in some old language" is the name of the Lord our God. It has not yet been revealed to you, so you don't know Him as Lord but some lord.

Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.

The problem is that you just don't understand because you don't know - Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third

You don't understand who we have One God and we are all to be one with Him!! You just don't get it!! And the following verese explain what you don't get:

Jn 17:5-11 “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
“I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
“Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You;
for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.
“I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours;
and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them.
“I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are.

Silly - the reason "trinity" is not written in the Bible is because it was never about The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, being one, but it was always about making us part of that team, and thus one with them!!

You just don't get it!!! It has just not been revealed to you!! Because you just are not willing to believe in Jesus Christ! So you don't seek Him and His words! So you don't know that He does and says only what the Father tells Him, and He passes that on to us via the Holy Spirit, which we pick up in our spirit, thereby becoming one with God. But if you don't actually seek Him and learn to listen by faith and so that you obey Him, Jesus Christ to whom the Father gave "all things" including the very words of God so that He the Lord our God, then only hell awaits you!!

Therefore I write about Him whom His Father wises to glorify, so that you might repent, get reproof, and open up to Him! That is even for you if you wish - and that is the good news!

Rev 3:19-20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you get to know the Lord our God Jesus Christ, then you will know that He loves people. Of course He does - because He created them!

Because He loves them He will do what He can for them, even coming down out of heaven and taking on flesh, knowing that His creation was going to kill Him! He knew that for several reason, but the main reason was that we have been spiritually killing Him from the time of Adam and Eve.

You see - His Father gave Him the very words of God before day one, and made Him the light (even the revelation) from the beginning. He actually was the beginning - the first. And so He has always been the word of God but we rebellious people don't want to hear what He has to say to us!! So we kill the Word of God daily!! Therefore, because of His great love for us, He needs just one thing from us, and that is a willingness to believe in Him; meaning we believe that He is there to talk to us. That belief shows up in our at least sometimes, Today, actually seeking Him and what He has to say to us. It is just a willingness to believe He is there with us, so that we hear from Him, Today.

Yet people hate Him!! They hate Him sooooooo much that they are completely unwilling to believe that He is actually there - simply because they don't want to Him from Him. They don't want to be reproved. They don't want to think about how they sin and get things wrong. They don't want to be told anything - so they choose to not believe that He the Lord our God is there to be heard from!! So they say in their hearts that He is dead, in some far-away place called heaven, or that God never existed! Of course the religious person only says God is dead or in a far-away place called heaven because religion implies there is a god somewhere, right? So the religious person, the person making it about traditions, writings, festivals, and all the religious stuff, still don't want to hear from Him, do they? Indeed, they are usually the worst, because they claim to know Him so have to fight against hearing from Him more than the average person.

So on this "Christian" forum you are going to find "religious people" and also people who do actually know Him and talk to Him. Christianity is really about those who know Him and talk to Him. Now it is possible, maybe even desirable by most, to know Him and still enjoy the feasts, writings, and traditions!! I mean, knowing Him does not mean you can't enjoy studying about Him, meeting with others who also know Him, and abide by some traditions. Those are not bad things, they can and perhaps should be consider to be nice things, yet those things are not the same things as actually knowing Him personally!! And any true believer will get to know Him better and better and better - because they will spend time actually talking back and forth with Him.

And if you have spent years walking and talking with Him, it doesn't usually take too long to know is another person does or does not know Him. The Holy Spirit often brings a testimony about them from our Lord. And you will often be surprised who He testifies about!

I remember the time when I pulled up to a Christian bookstore and there was an old man in old shorts and shirt looking through the window of the store, when the Lord told me that the man was a great man of His. He asked me to go talk to that man. "Ok", I told myself. It is would not be surprising to find a great man of His looking into a Christian bookstore window.

But as I talked to the man it became very clear very quick that this man had problems. His mind was dull, and his thinking poor. In fact it didn't take long to realize that he was probably a homeless man stuck on the street. I didn't know, but it seemed like that could be the case. Yet this dull, poor thinking man, kept saying Jesus Christ is Lord and that he liked Dick Clark. Over and over he just kept telling me that he like Dick Clark and that Jesus Christ was Lord.

There was a church close by which could be seen, so I pointed to the church wondering if perchance he had been getting help from there. He told me that he had been to that church, and the Jesus Christ was Lord, and that he liked Dick Clark. And so I walked away from Him after talking to Him like the Lord told me. And I told the Lord, "Lord, he has lost his mind." The Lord told me, "Karl, the devil took it from him, but I am going to give it all back and more. He says what is right about me." It was apparent the Lord loved that man.

A couple of months later I saw that man again. I was at my son's soccer game. That day I was helping at the refreshment stand while the game was playing. That man came up to us who were working the stand, and I gave him a pastry to eat. Again he said that he like Dick Clark and Jesus Christ was Lord. Then he went over behind the game and stated cheering for the boys playing the game.

The problem was that he didn't know when to cheer, and the parents watching the game got worried about the great man of God, so they called the police and the police took him away as I watched. They took the "great man of God" according to the testimony given me by the Lord our God, away right in front of me. I understood. Nobody listens to the Lord like they should! They didn't mean bad, they meant to make sure the kids, their kids were safe from that crazy man who said, Jesus Christ is Lord and that he like Dick Clark. Yea, he was not obviously not thinking like he should. He believed that Jesus Christ was Lord, right?

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Translation is just that - a translation into our language and is usually done by very wise men making wise decision, whether you care to realize that or not!!

"worde" is not a word in our language!! Our language is not a language used some hundreds of years ago, though it might have progress from that language. You can understand that, right? I would think so. Even our KJV version of the Bible is not the 1611 KJV - though I own a printing that version that Hendrickson Pub did in 2003. It is interesting but is in Old English, not in American or today's English. Today as even then, Christ was deity. And if you know Him you know that!!

Of course He is because He has the very words of God!! They are His!! And His sheep hear His voice, so the wise translators today all have it written like:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. (NASB)

Even the 1611 KVJ - and that translation then of "The Gofpel according to S. Iohn" has it:

"IN the beginning was the Word, & the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God."

So "Gofpel" is not a word in our language today, but they understood than that they were talking about Jesus Christ being deity, as shown by their writings in their own language!

And I don't doubt that Tyndale also personally knew Jesus Christ and Him as Lord, even though he wrote "worde" which is not of our language but his, and that He did not capitalize God in his language, thought deity is capitalize in ours. Would not he have known that even by Jn 1:2 , which reads:

Jn 1:2 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Who is the creator, if not God (the deity) - whether you write it as god and you still know Him as the deity or not. Still we capitalize God because He is deity, and we also capitalize a persons name, and His name is called "The Word of God"!!!

But perhaps that is still confusing to you because you don't hear from Him and personally know Him - so let me help you a bit.

The Lord our God,. Jesus Christ tend to speak to us in saying and parables, because they are useful to a teacher, so even to the Teacher!!

Perhaps you notice that I capitalize "Teacher"? I did so because in this case our Teacher is our God, and deity is capitalized, right?

Mat 23: 8“But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Wow - look - even "One" is capitalized, and we who know our Teacher know that He, Jesus Christ, is our Teacher!

Although in the KJV version we often read "Master" instead of Teacher:

Mar 12:19 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: (KJV)

And note that we find the both Master (capitalized) and God (capitalized) and that there is one God, in the above verse!! So you can argue with all the translators and all the reasoning behind those educated and wise men, but His sheep still hear His voice and know Him as the Creator, their Master (Lord), their Teacher, and the Lord their God, because they hear the words of God coming from Him whose name is called "The Word of God", but maybe you have not gotten that revelation of Him yet?

Gal 3:15 Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it.

Gal 3: 22,23 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

And this is the problem' that Jesus Christ has not yet been revealed to you!! You are still shut up under sin, because of that! So even when you read:

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You don't have the understanding that Jesus Christ is the Lord our God, because it has not been revealed to you yet! It could be, but understanding comes from His mouth, not your leaning on your own understanding!!

And this was explained in the OP, was it not - still even reading the OP or the Bible is not actually hearing Him personally talk to you!

You are like Costello in the famous Abbot and Costello routine who is on first. Like he could not understand that "who" was the name of the first baseman, you can't understand that "Word, or worde in some old language" is the name of the Lord our God. It has not yet been revealed to you, so you don't know Him as Lord but some lord.

Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.

The problem is that you just don't understand because you don't know - Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third

You don't understand who we have One God and we are all to be one with Him!! You just don't get it!! And the following verese explain what you don't get:

Jn 17:5-11 “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
“I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
“Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You;
for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.
“I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours;
and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them.
“I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are.

Silly - the reason "trinity" is not written in the Bible is because it was never about The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, being one, but it was always about making us part of that team, and thus one with them!!

You just don't get it!!! It has just not been revealed to you!! Because you just are not willing to believe in Jesus Christ! So you don't seek Him and His words! So you don't know that He does and says only what the Father tells Him, and He passes that on to us via the Holy Spirit, which we pick up in our spirit, thereby becoming one with God. But if you don't actually seek Him and learn to listen by faith and so that you obey Him, Jesus Christ to whom the Father gave "all things" including the very words of God so that He the Lord our God, then only hell awaits you!!

Therefore I write about Him whom His Father wises to glorify, so that you might repent, get reproof, and open up to Him! That is even for you if you wish - and that is the good news!

Rev 3:19-20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
You missed the point!

Jesus is not the logos (Word)

"I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word (logos) of God." (Rev 20:4)

Webster 1828 Dictionary
And
AND
, conj.

And is a conjunction, connective or conjoining word. It signifies that a word or part of a sentence is to be added to what precedes. Thus, give me an apple and an orange; that is, give me an apple, add or give in addition to that, an orange. John and Peter and James rode to New York, that is, John rode to New York; add or further, Peter rode to New York; add James rode to New York.

John 12:48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word (logos) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

John 12:48
"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word (logos) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Joh 12:49 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Same John...

Joh 20:17 Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

(John 8:40) "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do

More John.... Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

Who Gave Him??? His God!!!

Jesus spoke the Logos.... He is not the Logos..... It's well documented in scripture....!

Jesus is God's Messiah/Christ!!! Sorry.... but Christ is not Jesus' last name!!! It's his title given by God!!!

Reactions: St. SteVen

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the point!

Jesus is not the logos (Word)

Webster 1828 Dictionary
And
AND
, conj.

And is a conjunction, connective or conjoining word. It signifies that a word or part of a sentence is to be added to what precedes. Thus, give me an apple and an orange; that is, give me an apple, add or give in addition to that, an orange. John and Peter and James rode to New York, that is, John rode to New York; add or further, Peter rode to New York; add James rode to New York.

John 12:48
"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word (logos) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Joh 12:49 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Same John...

Joh 20:17 Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

(John 8:40) "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do

More John.... Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

Who Gave Him??? His God!!!

Jesus spoke the Logos.... He is not the Logos..... It's well documented in scripture....!

Jesus is God's Messiah/Christ!!! Sorry.... but Christ is not Jesus' last name!!! It's his title given by God!!!

Absolutely Jesus Christ is the Logos!!!!!!!!

Indeed, that is His Name!!!!!

Just like Who is the first baseman in the Abbott and Costello, Logos is the Name for Jesus Christ!!

He is named The Word of God because He owns the words of God!!!! The very words of God are His as a possession!! Didn't you read the Bible???

Jn 16:15 “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

The words of God come from His Father and they are given to Him, Jesus Christ the Son of God!! So they, the words of God, belong to Jesus Christ!!!

So then the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own, but He takes the words of God which belong as a possession to Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit gives them to your spirit - or did you not read:

Jn 16: 13,14 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
“He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Yeah - you probably read those verses at some point but you didn't understand them, and that is because understanding does not come from your reading and leaning on your own understanding, but understanding comes from listening to Him via His Holy Spirit!!

So I can give you the verses, and even explain them to you, or you can read them for yourself, BUT YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THEM BECAUSE YOU DON'T LISTEN BY FAITH TO JESUS CHRIST VIA HIS HOLY SPIRIT!!!

If you did then you would have understanding - because understanding is another name for Jesus Christ, and wisdom is another name for the Holy Spirit, and all that knowledge came down through His Father who gave all He had to His Son in order to glorify His Son.

Therefore if you understood Proverbs 2:26 you would have understood it could have been written" For the Lord gives the Holy Spirit, and from His mouth come the Father and the Son.

And you were supposed to get that understanding, according to what King Solomon was writing!!

Prov 1:2 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel:
To know wisdom and instruction,
To discern the sayings of understanding,

Solomon was explaining that you need to know the Holy Spirit and His instructions to discern the sayings of Jesus Christ - the Word of God!! But you have no understanding; because you don't know the Jesus Christ, The Word of God, is Understanding!! And that simply because you don't hear what the Holy Spirit has to say, because you don't hear with faith! Which is why Paul only wanted to know one thing!!

Gal 3: 1,2 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

If you don't seek our Lord Jesus Christ by faith in order to listen to what He has to say, then you don't receive the Holy Spirit who is sent with His words for you. So you hear from Jesus Christ and get His words, which are the words of God, via His Holy Spirit! And so you don't have life in you!!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

And He knows who does not believe in Him!

jn 6"64 “But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.

And look at the verse above - He knew it from the "beginning", so it was Him (Jesus Christ) who was with God in the beginning and who is God!!

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.

So it comes full circle back on you!! Leaving you with a choice!! Are you going to repent for not seeking HIm and not listening to Him, and accept the reproof He has for you, so the you can become the anyone's who open up to Him or not??? He still loves you, because He made you, but you have to start believing in Him, The on whose name is called "The Word of God", because He has and owns the very words of God!!

So again, the good news is:

Rev 3:19,20‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.
‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So are you going to accept the reproof He has for you, and be zealous for Him and repent, so that you will hear His voice and open up to Him, or are you going to keep denying Jesus Christ???

I have preached the Word of God (Jesus Christ and that He is the Word of God because He has the words of God and wants to talk to you personally) to you. Still you have a choice. He gave you free will. You can deny Him, and choose to not believe He is there for you because He loves you, or you can choose to not believe He is there near you to be heard from? It is your choice, and those who wrote the Bible explained, it and He asks me to explain it, and that because He loves you. So He makes God's Salvation, Himself, available to you, but you can choose to not believe in Him!!

Oh, and BTW Logos is what is used in Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word (Logos) of God.

Which explains why The New Strong Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible has written in it for logos: .... "The Personal Word," a title of the Son of God

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We become Born Again, by the “ LIVING “word of God!!

His word is very much ALIVE he is Spirit and Truth...he opens the heart and testifies with out Spirit,( he talks to our spirit) that we are his children....this is all done through the power of the Holy Spirit...who is also Alive.

Hebrews 4:12-13​

KJV

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

You can not deny the word of God if he predestined you to receive his living word...it will penetrate your heart/ spirit...if it’s his will.

God draws us to Jesus, he brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow...he is the one who does it all...he even brings us to believe in Jesus...

Praise His Holy Name...for only HE is worthy of Praise and Honour.

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We become Born Again, by the “ LIVING “word of God!!

His word is very much ALIVE he is Spirit and Truth...he opens the heart and testifies with out Spirit,( he talks to our spirit) that we are his children....this is all done through the power of the Holy Spirit...who is also Alive.

Hebrews 4:12-13​

KJV

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

You can not deny the word of God if he predestined you to receive his living word...it will penetrate your heart/ spirit...if it’s his will.

God draws us to Jesus, he brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow...he is the one who does it all...he even brings us to believe in Jesus...

Praise His Holy Name...for only HE is worthy of Praise and Honour.

It is not "His word is very much Alive", but rather He is very much alive!!!

Jesus Christ is alive!!! He is alive!!!

It is not some weird mythical imagination sic-fi type of thinking that we serve, but a person, even the Son of God who has been put on the throne of God and given all things by His Father, including the very words of God!! That is why He is called the Word of God. That is HIS name, and He is a person!!! The person who was around from the being who was with and and was God!!

What spirit would tell you that He is not a person?? Do we not have any discernment of spirits at all?

So the Scriptures are good for reproof so be reproved and get understanding from HIM!!!

Jn 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

So you not see the word "He", "Him", and "Him" again in the above verses??? How do you claim to read the Bible and miss the fact that the Word is a person so as to ""He", "Him", and "Him" again" attached to Him?

Oh I know why you missed it- it is the next verse that explain that problem!

Jn 1-5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

You are in the "darkness" so you don't comprehend it - just like is explained by John writing according to the relationship John and Jesus have, even to this day.

If you had a relationship with Jesus Christ - which would mean something like Isaiah also had and wrote:

Is 1: 18 “Come now, and let us reason together, ”Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool."

So Isaiah and John knew a person, who spoke to them and so they heard the words of God. Thus "He" who spoke to them was called by name "The Word". And not them only, but those who wrote the Bible knew Him, because He came and talked to them and they listened to Him, the person of Christ!

Jer 1:4 Now the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jer 1:11 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jer 13:8 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jer 18:5 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jer 24:4 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,

Now a word is something spoken and not something that speaks!! Of course!! So they called the person who came and spoke to them "the word of the Lord, or "The Word of God", because our Lord is God. When God speaks to you, if you do hear from Him, it is Jesus Christ the Lord our God, whose name has been and is called "The Word of God", or simply "The Word" for short. He is a person, and if you know HIm and thus hear from HIm you know this, but if you are in the dark you don't!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is not "His word is very much Alive", but rather He is very much

HEBREWS 4:12 (NIV)​

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Jesus Christ is alive!!! He is alive!!!

It is not some weird mythical imagination sic-fi type of thinking that we serve, but a person, even the Son of God who has been put on the throne of God and given all things by His Father, including the very words of God!! That is why He is called the Word of God. That is HIS name, and He is a person!!! The person who was around from the being who was with and and was God!!
First of all, you cannot worship God if you do not have the Holy Spirit. God looks upon those who claim to be saved and born again with an expectation that they can worship Him. It is the Holy Spirit inside of you that brings you into the realm of true worship. That is why true worship can take place at any time, any place and any where. God must be present in order for there to be true worship. God is not just inside your church building. He is everywhere you go. True worship can take place without music, without a choir, without a preacher and without being inside a building designated as “church.” In essence, true worship only requires you and the presence of God. And since the Holy Spirit dwells and abides in you, so does God.

What spirit would tell you that He is not a person?? Do we not have any discernment of spirits at all?

You must be Born Again to understand the Living word of God?

Yes?
So the Scriptures are good for reproof so be reproved and get understanding from HIM!!!

Jn 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

So you not see the word "He", "Him", and "Him" again in the above verses??? How do you claim to read the Bible and miss the fact that the Word is a person so as to ""He", "Him", and "Him" again" attached to Him?

Oh I know why you missed it- it is the next verse that explain that problem!

Jn 1-5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
Romans 8
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

Those who are in darkness are in sin and Alienated from God.?
You are in the "darkness" so you don't comprehend it - just like is explained by John writing according to the relationship John and Jesus have, even to this day.

If you had a relationship with Jesus Christ - which would mean something like Isaiah also had and wrote:

You must be Born Again to have a Living relationship with God?

What must happen?

It’s no good lip reading scripture..if one doesn’t have the Spirit of God in them?

Which means what exactly?
Is 1: 18 “Come now, and let us reason together, ”Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool."

So Isaiah and John knew a person, who spoke to them and so they heard the words of God. Thus "He" who spoke to them was called by name "The Word". And not them only, but those who wrote the Bible knew Him, because He came and talked to them and they listened to Him, the person of Christ!

Jer 1:4 Now the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jer 1:11 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jer 13:8 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jer 18:5 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jer 24:4 Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,

Now a word is something spoken and not something that speaks!! Of course!! So they called the person who came and spoke to them "the word of the Lord, or "The Word of God", because our Lord is God. When God speaks to you, if you do hear from Him, it is Jesus Christ the Lord our God, whose name has been and is called "The Word of God", or simply "The Word" for short. He is a person, and if you know HIm and thus hear from HIm you know this, but if you are in the dark you don't!!
This is what must happen before you can ever understand the Living word of God.

John 3:1-21​

English Standard Version​

You Must Be Born Again​

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

HEBREWS 4:12 (NIV)​

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

First of all, you cannot worship God if you do not have the Holy Spirit. God looks upon those who claim to be saved and born again with an expectation that they can worship Him. It is the Holy Spirit inside of you that brings you into the realm of true worship. That is why true worship can take place at any time, any place and any where. God must be present in order for there to be true worship. God is not just inside your church building. He is everywhere you go. True worship can take place without music, without a choir, without a preacher and without being inside a building designated as “church.” In essence, true worship only requires you and the presence of God. And since the Holy Spirit dwells and abides in you, so does God.

A couple of problems with the above:

First let us go over Hebrew 4 - because like with Jn 1: where it reads :In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. - there is a verse that follows that give context - that verse being Jn 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.

Therefore the Word of God is a person - someone who can be called "He"

And in the same way Hebrews 4:12 has a verse that follows:

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

and then we read - Heb 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

So again we find that the word of God who is living and active is a person as referred to in "His sight", and "the eyes of Him" So who is that person? He is the person who took on flesh and walked with John and the other disciples - so He is Jesus Christ! That is to say the He is the Christ, and that the Christ is God's salvation, because Jesus means God's salvation. Yet before He went to the cross and even from the beginning He has always been known as the Word of God because He, the Son of God and the Christ/Messiah, was given all things by His Father, and the all things include the very words of God!!

So if you hear God speak to you personally, you hear from Jesus Christ, whose name has always been (even before taking on flesh and going to the cross to become the sacrifice for our sins) The Word of God. Nobody knows His Father except Him, and those He shows the Father to be giving them the words of the Father which belong to Him. And nobody really knows the Son, because the Son Jesus Christ the Word of God, only says what His Father tells Him. Therefore if you actually talk to Jesus Christ, you get the words He got from the Father and not His words. In that way you only hear from the Father through His Son, and if you hear from the Son you then hear from the Father, but all that was and is done to glorify the Son. That is why His Father gave Him His words, the words of God, so that you would listen to and glorify the Son, who has the words of God and so known as the Word of God!!

Mat 11:27 “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

So we preach the Word of God to mean seeking Jesus Christ and what He has to say to you, because that is the only way to get the words God has for you! That is why Jesus Christ is the Word of God.

Now let's get to the Holy Spirit, because indeed if you do seek Jesus Christ and hear from Him thus getting the words God (Father, Son, Spirit) has for you; you find out quickly that they come to us via the Holy Spirit!! The Holy Spirit gets the words of God, which were given to the Son, Jesus Christ The Word of God, and brings them to your spirit. Since the Holy Spirit is just getting those words from the Son, the words you hear do not belong to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not speak His words, but the words of God which belong to the Word of God, who is the Son of God, Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is just taking the words of God that Jesus Christ has for you and bringing them to you. nothing more!!

Jn 16:13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
“All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Jesus explained to His disciples how that worked, so if you are a disciple of His has this not yet been explained to you personally?

The Holy Spirit might be compared to a telephone or skype call to Jesus Christ!! "He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak;"!!! You read that right??

Yet there are spirits, those evil spirit, who will come as if the Spirit of Light, the Holy Spirit, and try to pretend to be the Holy Spirit! You understand that, right?

2 Cor 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

So we who have been taught of God understand that the real Holy Spirit is also about glorifying Jesus Christ as Lord and not Himself, right? So the Holy Spirit is sent to us, but He does not speak of Himself, but only takes the words of God from Jesus Christ, the Word of God, and gives those words to us. Thereby always proclaiming Jesus Christ is Lord!!

2 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

So the Holy Spirit is about telling you that Jesus Christ is Lord and bringing you the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ, and so the Holy Spirit is not about glorifying Himself!!

Therefore we teach people about the Holy Spirit but we don't glorify the Holy Spirit!! Look at how Jesus Christ explained the Holy Spirit:

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

So look closely at the above verse. It explains that the words of Jesus Christ are spoken to us are come from the Spirit, but that they are words the Jesus Christ Himself speaks!!!! That is to say the words Jesus Christ has and speaks to us are life, and that they come via the Holy Spirit, but they are His words which the Holy Spirit brings to us!!

If you have a spirit telling you different, that is not the Holy Spirit!! That is a lying spirit - Satan pretending to be a spirit of light.

The example I have seen in my life is my mom's sister. She counted herself as being a high-priestess in a New Age movement. She glorified the "Holy Spirit" and claimed she had the "Holy Spirit", but felt that Jesus Christ was a man that had died. That is not what I hear. I hear that Jesus Christ is Lord - Jesus Christ is the Word of God - that the Father wants His Son Jesus Christ to be glorified. So I seek Jesus Christ, hear from Jesus Christ, but also have been told that all the words He my Lord speaks to me are from His Father.

That is to say the words of God are given to the Son so that the Son might be glorified, according to the wish of His Father. The Son, Jesus Christ, being perfectly obedient, does and says only what the Father tells Him, so that my hearing and knowing the Son actually means I hear and know His Father. And all that comes via the His Holy Spirit who WILL NOT speak on His own but rather takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ and brings them to my spirit! That is the way the Bible reads, it is also what I have been told when I listen.

And as for worshiping God, I am a terrible singer. I was telling the Lord while in church one day, and He told me, "Karl, if you want to worship me, listen to Me and do what I say!"

People often tend to get worship and praise all confused. I did and He set me straight. Worshipping God is not so much singing how great He is, but rather it is believing He is indeed great and needs to be listened to and obeyed!

Is 29:13 Then the Lord said,
“Because this people draw near with their [words
And honor Me with their lip service,
But they remove their hearts far from Me,
And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote,

If indeed your heart is with Him you will listen to Him, but anyone can go to church and join in the singing.

I am not saying don't go to church and join in the singing! Do that but true worship of Him means listening to the Lord our God and doing what He asks of you. That is why we preach the Word of God and that to mean Jesus Christ and that He will talk to you!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of problems with the above:

There are no problems with the above whatsoever.

It was the Living word of God.....God’s word is Alive in Spirit, he testifies with our spirit that we are his children.....God speaks to our spirit when we become Born Again.
First let us go over Hebrew 4 - because like with Jn 1: where it reads :In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. - there is a verse that follows that give context - that verse being Jn 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.

Therefore the Word of God is a person - someone who can be called "He"

The word of God comes through his Spirit....the Holy Spirit is a person.....he is NOT a physical person.
And in the same way Hebrews 4:12 has a verse that follows:

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

and then we read - Heb 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

So again we find that the word of God who is living and active is a person as referred to in "His sight", and "the eyes of Him" So who is that person? He is the person who took on flesh and walked with John and the other disciples - so He is Jesus Christ! That is to say the He is the Christ, and that the Christ is God's salvation, because Jesus means God's salvation. Yet before He went to the cross and even from the beginning He has always been known as the Word of God because He, the Son of God and the Christ/Messiah, was given all things by His Father, and the all things include the very words of God!!

The Holy Spirit is his own person.....we are not allowed to talk about the Trinity on this forum.

Just so you know.
So if you hear God speak to you personally, you hear from Jesus Christ, whose name has always been (even before taking on flesh and going to the cross to become the sacrifice for our sins) The Word of God. Nobody knows His Father except Him, and those He shows the Father to be giving them the words of the Father which belong to Him. And nobody really knows the Son, because the Son Jesus Christ the Word of God, only says what His Father tells Him. Therefore if you actually talk to Jesus Christ, you get the words He got from the Father and not His words. In that way you only hear from the Father through His Son, and if you hear from the Son you then hear from the Father, but all that was and is done to glorify the Son. That is why His Father gave Him His words, the words of God, so that you would listen to and glorify the Son, who has the words of God and so known as the Word of God!!

If God speaks to anybody, he does it through the Holy Spirit....the Holy Spirit testifies of the Father and Son....that’s all I can say...otherwise we will get in trouble...NO trinity talk,
Mat 11:27 “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

So we preach the Word of God to mean seeking Jesus Christ and what He has to say to you, because that is the only way to get the words God has for you! That is why Jesus Christ is the Word of God.

Now let's get to the Holy Spirit, because indeed if you do seek Jesus Christ and hear from Him thus getting the words God (Father, Son, Spirit) has for you; you find out quickly that they come to us via the Holy Spirit!! The Holy Spirit gets the words of God, which were given to the Son, Jesus Christ The Word of God, and brings them to your spirit. Since the Holy Spirit is just getting those words from the Son, the words you hear do not belong to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not speak His words, but the words of God which belong to the Word of God, who is the Son of God, Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is just taking the words of God that Jesus Christ has for you and bringing them to you. nothing more!!

Jn 16:13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
“All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Jesus explained to His disciples how that worked, so if you are a disciple of His has this not yet been explained to you personally?

The Holy Spirit might be compared to a telephone or skype call to Jesus Christ!! "He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak;"!!! You read that right??

Yet there are spirits, those evil spirit, who will come as if the Spirit of Light, the Holy Spirit, and try to pretend to be the Holy Spirit! You understand that, right?

2 Cor 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

So we who have been taught of God understand that the real Holy Spirit is also about glorifying Jesus Christ as Lord and not Himself, right? So the Holy Spirit is sent to us, but He does not speak of Himself, but only takes the words of God from Jesus Christ, the Word of God, and gives those words to us. Thereby always proclaiming Jesus Christ is Lord!!

2 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

So the Holy Spirit is about telling you that Jesus Christ is Lord and bringing you the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ, and so the Holy Spirit is not about glorifying Himself!!

Therefore we teach people about the Holy Spirit but we don't glorify the Holy Spirit!! Look at how Jesus Christ explained the Holy Spirit:

So look closely at the above verse. It explains that the words of Jesus Christ are spoken to us are come from the Spirit, but that they are words the Jesus Christ Himself speaks!!!! That is to say the words Jesus Christ has and speaks to us are life, and that they come via the Holy Spirit, but they are His words which the Holy Spirit brings to us!!

If you have a spirit telling you different, that is not the Holy Spirit!! That is a lying spirit - Satan pretending to be a spirit of light.

The example I have seen in my life is my mom's sister. She counted herself as being a high-priestess in a New Age movement. She glorified the "Holy Spirit" and claimed she had the "Holy Spirit", but felt that Jesus Christ was a man that had died. That is not what I hear. I hear that Jesus Christ is Lord - Jesus Christ is the Word of God - that the Father wants His Son Jesus Christ to be glorified. So I seek Jesus Christ, hear from Jesus Christ, but also have been told that all the words He my Lord speaks to me are from His Father.

That is to say the words of God are given to the Son so that the Son might be glorified, according to the wish of His Father. The Son, Jesus Christ, being perfectly obedient, does and says only what the Father tells Him, so that my hearing and knowing the Son actually means I hear and know His Father. And all that comes via the His Holy Spirit who WILL NOT speak on His own but rather takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ and brings them to my spirit! That is the way the Bible reads, it is also what I have been told when I listen.

And as for worshiping God, I am a terrible singer. I was telling the Lord while in church one day, and He told me, "Karl, if you want to worship me, listen to Me and do what I say!"

People often tend to get worship and praise all confused. I did and He set me straight. Worshipping God is not so much singing how great He is, but rather it is believing He is indeed great and needs to be listened to and obeyed!

Is 29:13 Then the Lord said,
“Because this people draw near with their [words
And honor Me with their lip service,
But they remove their hearts far from Me,
And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote,

If indeed your heart is with Him you will listen to Him, but anyone can go to church and join in the singing.

I am not saying don't go to church and join in the singing! Do that but true worship of Him means listening to the Lord our God and doing what He asks of you. That is why we preach the Word of God and that to mean Jesus Christ and that He will talk to you!
The only way to Jesus is through the Father....God does the drawing, to Jesus, he brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow....he even brings us to believe in Jesus....

He does it through the power of the Holy Spirit....there is NO other way .

God talks to us through the Holy Spirit....that is why it’s imperative to be Born Again from above....a supernatural rebirth that only God can do through the Holy Spirit.

I stand on God’s word....that is.

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.

Then and only then, will he lead you through HIS LIVING word the Holy Bible.

A child of God is Born Again from above.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 8

4. GOD SPEAKS THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT​

“But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you” (John 14:26).
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no problems with the above whatsoever.

It was the Living word of God.....God’s word is Alive in Spirit, he testifies with our spirit that we are his children.....God speaks to our spirit when we become Born Again.

Yeah - there is a very basic problem with your understanding!!!

Jesus Christ is alive!! And His name is called The Word of God!!!! That is His name!!

When He speaks a word that does not mean that word is alive anymore that if you speak a word the word you speak suddenly takes of a life of it's own and starts taking classes at the local college, and gets a job at the local gas station, and goes around making decisions and judgements!!

That is just really silly thinking. That is why we read the word "He" or "Him" after comments on the Word of God.

And how can you possibly think that way and in such a silly manor if you are indeed spending time talking back and forth with Jesus Christ, the Word of God???

Don't you realize that you are talking to a person!!! Don't you realize that those prophets in the past talked to a person???

He goes by a number of names, all based upon what He does, because that is how we know Him!!

He is the "I AM", because He is always around and never leaves us. He is the KING OF KINGS because His Father put Him on the throne of God! He is call "Wonderful Counselor, The Might God, The Everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace, because He gives wonder counsel, does mighty things, all things were created though Him and for Him, and because through Him you get peace with God. And He is called The Word of God, because He, the Christ, talks to His sheep personally. He does not say a word and that word then says other words, but by His words He can create other beings. That still does not mean His word suddenly is doing the thinking taking action, but rather all things come together as He commands. So He creates, and He can choose to give you life or not give you life, but He is the One making the decisions and ruling, and that according to what His Father tells Him to do.

You have come up with some hilarious thinking, and that can only be because understanding comes from Him mouth and not your leaning on your own understanding. If only you would start talking back and forth with Him you could easily understand that you are talking back and for with a person, even the One whose name is called The Word of God.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely Jesus Christ is the Logos!!!!!!!!

Indeed, that is His Name!!!!!

Just like Who is the first baseman in the Abbott and Costello, Logos is the Name for Jesus Christ!!

He is named The Word of God because He owns the words of God!!!! The very words of God are His as a possession!! Didn't you read the Bible???

The words of God come from His Father and they are given to Him, Jesus Christ the Son of God!! So they, the words of God, belong to Jesus Christ!!!

So then the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own, but He takes the words of God which belong as a possession to Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit gives them to your spirit - or did you not read:

Jn 16: 13,14 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

Yeah - you probably read those verses at some point but you didn't understand them, and that is because understanding does not come from your reading and leaning on your own understanding, but understanding comes from listening to Him via His Holy Spirit!!

So I can give you the verses, and even explain them to you, or you can read them for yourself, BUT YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THEM BECAUSE YOU DON'T LISTEN BY FAITH TO JESUS CHRIST VIA HIS HOLY SPIRIT!!!

If you did then you would have understanding - because understanding is another name for Jesus Christ, and wisdom is another name for the Holy Spirit, and all that knowledge came down through His Father who gave all He had to His Son in order to glorify His Son.

Therefore if you understood Proverbs 2:26 you would have understood it could have been written" For the Lord gives the Holy Spirit, and from His mouth come the Father and the Son.

And you were supposed to get that understanding, according to what King Solomon was writing!!

Prov 1:2 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel:
To know wisdom and instruction,
To discern the sayings of understanding,

Solomon was explaining that you need to know the Holy Spirit and His instructions to discern the sayings of Jesus Christ - the Word of God!! But you have no understanding; because you don't know the Jesus Christ, The Word of God, is Understanding!! And that simply because you don't hear what the Holy Spirit has to say, because you don't hear with faith! Which is why Paul only wanted to know one thing!!

Gal 3: 1,2 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

If you don't seek our Lord Jesus Christ by faith in order to listen to what He has to say, then you don't receive the Holy Spirit who is sent with His words for you. So you hear from Jesus Christ and get His words, which are the words of God, via His Holy Spirit! And so you don't have life in you!!

And He knows who does not believe in Him!

jn 6"64 “But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.

And look at the verse above - He knew it from the "beginning", so it was Him (Jesus Christ) who was with God in the beginning and who is God!!

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So it comes full circle back on you!! Leaving you with a choice!! Are you going to repent for not seeking HIm and not listening to Him, and accept the reproof He has for you, so the you can become the anyone's who open up to Him or not??? He still loves you, because He made you, but you have to start believing in Him, The on whose name is called "The Word of God", because He has and owns the very words of God!!

So again, the good news is:

Rev 3:19,20‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.
‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So are you going to accept the reproof He has for you, and be zealous for Him and repent, so that you will hear His voice and open up to Him, or are you going to keep denying Jesus Christ???

I have preached the Word of God (Jesus Christ and that He is the Word of God because He has the words of God and wants to talk to you personally) to you. Still you have a choice. He gave you free will. You can deny Him, and choose to not believe He is there for you because He loves you, or you can choose to not believe He is there near you to be heard from? It is your choice, and those who wrote the Bible explained, it and He asks me to explain it, and that because He loves you. So He makes God's Salvation, Himself, available to you, but you can choose to not believe in Him!!

Oh, and BTW Logos is what is used in Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word (Logos) of God.

Which explains why The New Strong Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible has written in it for logos: .... "The Personal Word," a title of the Son of God
Did you actually write this?
Soren Kerkegaard stated…..

There are two ways to be fooled….
  • One way is to Believe what is not true….
  • The other is to refuse to believe what is true…
FIRST... Let's review about the logos... You seem to refuse to believe what is true!

Webster 1828 Dictionary
And
AND
, conj.

Remember....
There are two ways to be fooled….

• One way is to Believe what is not true….
  • The other is to refuse to believe what is true…
Now to Rev 19:13 what you fail to see that is True... Gotta go back to Rev chapter 4 and 5!!!

You have to start at Rev Chapter 4....
Rev 4:8 Each one of the four living creatures had six wings and was full of eyes all around and inside. They never rest day or night, saying: "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God, the All-Powerful, Who was and who is, and who is still to come!" 9 And whenever the living creatures give glory, honor, and thanks to the one who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever,Who is worthy to approach God on His throne.... (Note) This is important!!!Rev 5:1 I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it. Rev 5:6 And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth. 7 And He (Jesus) came and took the book out of the right hand of Him (His GOD) who sat on the throne.

Rev 5:6 And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And He came and took the book out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.

Some one is worthy to take the book out of the hand of God.... and it ain't God!!!

You don't know whom your dealing with when you post against me.... Silly Child!!!
You think I belong to some Silly Church...

I see... what others can't... Just like those of old... doesn't make me popular...
But unlike you I do not refuse to believe what is true…

Last edited: