The World Is A Schoolhouse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: - Philippians 3:4.

There is something very important that Paul does here. He divided our parents, he divides the earthly (natural) from the heavenly (spirit) but the point in the text is to show our two different parents. So very important because at some juncture every believer will have to divide the two parents themselves. You will need to come to the place where it is possible for you to divide the two. They that live by the world, keeping a foot in the world will not divide, or will have the hardest time dividing.

Do you know what trials and tribulation bring? It makes it easier for you to divide, or search, ss you come to an end of self (if that happens count it joy). If a person is sickling along with not much trouble in the world and they seem secure and enjoy their world life. They may not be as quick to say "oh you mean there is an escape from this." No we don't do that, if things are going good we ride it out but when they turn and are not so good we start looking around for some relief.

What do most Christian's do? Correct, we pray we start believing, we fast, we start searching the scriptures and some how you give your undivided attention to what is going on. Amazing how that works and how the world has built into it these converging powers that will converge on humanity as powers that direct. Suffering believe it or not is a direction, it will point out to you. And converging powers are always in a life in this earth. There is never a time when converging powers are not working on you for the good! Hallelujah.

Can I share how I came to see "the world as a schoolhouse."

It is kind of simple, I had searched the word for awhile, and preached mostly Old Testament stuff but I was searching for "the reason for suffering." I preached from Job and alot of the different areas where Christian's suffer. But what happened (Fathers timing) was I heard another teacher teaching on suffering and they called the world 'a schoolhouse.' that was it, it came together at that moment I saw the reason for suffering. Now granted I had alot of information about suffering but it never came together like it was now, I could see the bigger picture if you will.

The popular mentality of "this is the devil's world and he will cause the Christian trouble and you will be a better person because of it if you learn something." I kind of bought that but I just couldn't go all in. Sounded ok but it didn't have enough (for lack of better word) knowledge attached to it. But the words I heard "the world is a schoolhouse" put me on a different understanding to search. What keeps you going I believe when you are suffering is;

First - there is nothing you can do about it, you are helpless. I heard all the "if you do this the Lord will do that and everything is ok, rebuke the devil." And I'm sure there is a place for that but it just was not the answer to suffering.
But what happens (you have to be honest) is it does not work like that, that never happened, oh maybe when are a a young believer but you basically have no worries as a babe in Christ. So I thought something was wrong with my understanding, I wasn't believing right or whatever you want to call it. The advise I recieved didn't work. You know why I write what I write and how I write (I'm not a writer), from experience and the scriptures. Life will put life together but you have to use the scriptures because in them we have eternal life.

I cannot tell you how your life will work out, but I can unequivocally tell you who your life is. I know life is worked out of that life (Christ in you) and you can live the life the scriptures says a believer has and can live. The scriptures are very plain and clear on certain subjects and your life (which is Christ) is the clearest message in scripture. There is alot more to it but that is just details to how you get to know the work you've Father is doing directly in your life which is Christ. So clear and so easy yet a lifetime away because of my mind. It will be your made mind that will decieve a believer. That is probably true but it doesn't matter how it is decieved what matters it is decieved.

The greatest trap to fall in is a decieved mind, there will be no growth while in it so hence the world is a schoolhouse to nudge you along for fellowship and love for the Father, which can be interpreted "growth." Glory to God! The plan of God is so plain and written in black and white english, but yet it can very easily be overlooked.
"Search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life."

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man As regards the theme of suffering, Philippians puts it into the context of joy in suffering: it's the Epistle of Joy! :)

Suffering brings a strange phenom, it is very hard to rejoice when you are in it, and you come out somewhat and your are like "that was nothing bring it" until it comes again haha very strange phenom.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Suffering brings a strange phenom, it is very hard to rejoice when you are in it, and you come out somewhat and your are like "that was nothing bring it" until it comes again haha very strange phenom.
@soul man John 16.33 is also relevant: "In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world."

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man John 16.33 is also relevant: "In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world."

Suffering is a very powerful part of understanding creation, as well as the fall. When use the term "built in to creation." It is saying there the ability for suffering to enter in through creation. Same goes for sin, sin was not in the original creation but evil was. The only thing evil did was provide a way for sin to enter into the equation if you will. Evil is not sin, doing evil is sin.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Suffering is a very powerful part of understanding creation, as well as the fall. When use the term "built in to creation." It is saying there the ability for suffering to enter in through creation. Same goes for sin, sin was not in the original creation but evil was. The only thing evil did was provide a way for sin to enter into the equation if you will. Evil is not sin, doing evil is sin.
@soul man

"Change and decay in all around I see,
O Thou Who changest not, abide with me!"

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we cannot say "the Lord created sin" because he didn't, scripture says he created evil though.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man I have been reading in the Psalms about the Lord being our refuge in the storms of life. The point of the storms is to bring us to Him, continually.

Yes, all of creation is the bringing into being a plan and a purpose. The fulfilment of that plan in creation is brought about by a complete human being by Christ in them. That would seem simple and I think it is in the plan itself, but to realize that plan will take a lifetime of action, something happening in lives, movement keeping the flow going and sometimes that flow will have suffering in it.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the scripture "and they all shall know me, from the least to the greatest."
My point would be 'how do you bring that about or how do you allow that to happen. My take would be there is going to be some suffering involved. I need to say we can fit goodness in there as well, it is not all suffering. Goodness can do the same thing, we can say "you should see the goodness of the Lord" goodness has with it a thing that opens us up to the things of God as well. So we can say they both bring about a different knowledge (knowledge of the Lord). Even though "the knowledge of good and evil" is one knowledge they both can lead to the knowledge of the Lord. That is a different knowledge because it is the knowledge the Lord has, his knowledge (mind of Christ). Granted it's not everything he knows but you do not judge based on a lessor knowledge or a Knowledge that has at it's core good and evil. It has the plan and purpose of all things created in it's 'knowledge of the Lord' (mind of Christ).

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Strange phenom for sure bro, but there ya have it. I pray for strength to truly praise Him in the midst of our storms, sufferings, sickness, loss, trials, testing's.

We sure have short memories, lol. It's like how big and brave my one little dog behaves when someone dares to pass our house! But, if she were outside, rather than safe in the house...she would totally back off as, she is afraid of her own shadow, lol.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange phenom for sure bro, but there ya have it. I pray for strength to truly praise Him in the midst of our storms, sufferings, sickness, loss, trials, testing's.

We sure have short memories, lol. It's like how big and brave my one little dog behaves when someone dares to pass our house! But, if she were outside, rather than safe in the house...she would totally back off as, she is afraid of her own shadow, lol.

Lol so true

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, all of creation is the bringing into being a plan and a purpose. The fulfilment of that plan in creation is brought about by a complete human being by Christ in them. That would seem simple and I think it is in the plan itself, but to realize that plan will take a lifetime of action, something happening in lives, movement keeping the flow going and sometimes that flow will have suffering in it.
@soul man While the redeemed believer is here, there is never scope to stop growing in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ (2 Peter 2.18).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Remember the scripture "and they all shall know me, from the least to the greatest."
My point would be 'how do you bring that about or how do you allow that to happen. My take would be there is going to be some suffering involved. I need to say we can fit goodness in there as well, it is not all suffering. Goodness can do the same thing, we can say "you should see the goodness of the Lord" goodness has with it a thing that opens us up to the things of God as well. So we can say they both bring about a different knowledge (knowledge of the Lord). Even though "the knowledge of good and evil" is one knowledge they both can lead to the knowledge of the Lord. That is a different knowledge because it is the knowledge the Lord has, his knowledge (mind of Christ). Granted it's not everything he knows but you do not judge based on a lessor knowledge or a Knowledge that has at it's core good and evil. It has the plan and purpose of all things created in it's 'knowledge of the Lord' (mind of Christ).
@soul man When suffering comes in the life of the believer, good also to remember Isaiah 48.10:

"Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."