THE WORLDS HATRED - Jesus's response to Judas (Not Iscariot)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DISCLAIMER: You should understand, I am a fallible man doing a bible study (hopefully lead by the spirit of God) here that is conducted for your benefit, do beware of this, and understand that everything that may be said may not line up with your thinking, and you may disagree with me. The study of the word (not demands and commands placed on people) is beneficial to the soul, thus is why this is now here for you. Everyone in their life is accountable and responsible for how they live their life with God in their lives by faith in the Gospel. Everyone is living their life subjectively in faith, and that should be understood from my perspective.

Jesus
had just recently got done answering Philip, Thomas, and now Judas (not Iscariot) - the brother of James had asked Jesus a question, and he gets to this point in scripture speaking about - The Worlds Hatred.

Let us look and see what can be learned

Joh 15:18 if the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before you;

As Christian believers, Jesus was telling Judas, if the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before you.

This is a message to them to realize that opposition will always come, no matter what, despite whom it may be, as you will learn shortly, this was pertaining to the nation of Israel, because the World - they knew and understood was all in the conception of Israel itself, as Jesus had come for the lost sheep of Israel.

This nation would be the one who would soon put Jesus to death, out of envy, and hate. It is something that should be considered.

An application today, - Is no matter the person, believer or not - who ends up condemning you and judging you would be in regards of having non-love, and Jesus just said in the prior - These things I commend you that you love one another. The word love has many different meanings, but the love being spoken of here, is agape love. To love despite opposition of even ‘Theological’ beliefs and understandings.

Joh 15:19 if you were of the world, the world would have been cherishing its own, but because you are not of the world, but I chose [you] out of the world—because of this the world hates you.

Jesus goes on to say, if you were of the world, the world would have been cherishing its own, - the world described by John the beloved - is this the lust of the eyes, the pride of life, and the lust of the flesh is of this world and not the Father.

We do today interact with the world, be it social media, and going to events and seeing others, even church and things of that nature. We live in part in this world but realize this world is not our home, our true home is being in Christ, and that one day you will be with him at the end of life, going into the heavenly Realm.

If you were of the world, the world would have been cherishing it’s own, — Let us look at 1 John 3:1.

1Jn 3:1 See what love the Father has given to us, that we may be called children of God; because of this the world does not know us, because it did not know Him;

See what love the Father has given to us, that we may be called children of God; because of this the world does not know us because it did not know him.

The world can be described as John described it; the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. These things are not of God but our inherit nature. For this reason when it comes to sharing the truths you have experienced from the Bible, be it little or a lot. When it comes to sharing, not everyone is going to believe what you may suggest in which you may have learned from the scripture itself. Always something to be mindful of. Especially if they are against God as a whole, even Jesus. The Nation of Israel had became this way, and it is indicated, we ourselves can become that way, because of this fleshly nature we have. Those who may hear what you have to say, but they may not agree, and some will literally hate you because of it, or be totally confused by you for what you are admitting from your own heart in which God indeed, sees and read.

1Jn 3:13 Do not wonder, my brothers, if the world hates you;

1Jn 3:14 we have known that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers; he who is not loving [his] brother remains in death.

John encouraged the believers in his day and time, to not wonder about it, as it is self-evident. We have known that we have passed out of death (spiritual death) - into life (spiritual life), because we love the brothers; he who is not loving his brother remains in death.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 15:19 if you were of the world, the world would have been cherishing its own, but because you are not of the world, but I chose [you] out of the world—because of this the world hates you.

Jesus mentions to Judas - but because you are not of the world, but I chose [you] (Disciples standing around at that time) out of the world (the world as the Nation of Israel had known it) — because of this the world (the nation of Israel) hates you.

That to me would be the contextual understanding here but you may differ lets look at some other scriptures dealing with (Because you are not of the world)

You see Jesus praying to the Father and he says this to Him: Joh 17:14 I have given Your word to them, and the world hated them, because they are not of the world, as I am not of the world;

Jesus had gave the Fathers word to the (The disciples that were with Jesus at that time), and says to this Father, and the world hated them, because they are not of the world, as I am not of the world.

Application today? - Not every one will end up finding you useful if all you know is the things that are pertaining to God. Because the knowledge of God is simply not of this world, and Jesus Himself was not of this world, however Jesus kingdom is above, and you as a believer are part of it when you are abiding in faith, and trusting in God to help you in your life, and deliver you from problems, and darkness (evil thoughts that come from the heart) that resides in our our hearts (Matthew 15:18-20; Mark 7:20-22).

Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you, A servant is not greater than his lord; if they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will also keep yours;

Jesus goes on to say Remember the word that I said to you, A servant is not greater than his Master (lord); if they persecuted ME, they will also persecute you; if they Kept my word, they will also keep yours.

Jesus said previous unto them this: Joh 13:16 truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his lord, nor an apostle greater than he who sent him;

You can see that, a servant is not greater than his lord. What does this mean? Simply a servant of God is not greater than his lord (Master - Jesus), nor an apostle greater than he (Jesus) who sent him.

The Letters founded upon the Apostles are great and useful, Paul address addressed thankfulness to God, and Jesus: Gal 1:3 Grace to you, and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ,

The Apostles were not greater than Jesus however they were partakers in spreading of the Gospel, even the coming of the Lord, and encouragement of those in the faith, and also had apostolic leadership over the church bride in that day in age.

Jesus also said these things are mentioned saying this in (Matthew 10:24; Luke 6:40)

Let us look at the scripture dealing with persecution, which means to pursue with malignity, persecute in this context.

Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you, A servant is not greater than his lord; if they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you (to pursue with malignity, persecute,)

Jesus is making them a promise of being persecuted, and notes to them they will also suffer persecution. They will be looked down upon, as Jesus was looked down upon.

John 15:20 if they kept My word, they will also keep yours;

Jesus is talking to Judas (not Iscariot), and perhaps the disciples standing around - If they kept My Word, they will also keep yours: (This is a direct scripture pertaining to the House of Israel)

Eze 3:7 but the house of Israel are not willing to listen to you, for they are not willing to listen to Me, for all the house of Israel are brazen-faced and strong-hearted.

This is so helpful to add to the emphasize of what Jesus is saying here to his chosen disciples, that would go out and spread the Gospel. They were being warned, as the House of Israel are not willingly to listen, and they are not willing to listen to God, for all the house of Israel are brazen-faced and strong-hearted. This is another reason to understand that the context a lot of the time pertains to mainly Israel, who were hard(strong)-handed, and brazen faced. This nation would end up killing the messiah, and his blood would be on their hands.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 15:21 but all these things will they do to you, because of My Name, because they have not known Him who sent Me;

So you have been given my understanding with contextual evidence to the best of my ability with the Bible, Jesus goes on to speak around to his disciples (I believe) answering Judas question, and states, but all things they will do to you, because of My Name, because they have not know Him who sent me.

Jesus is giving them the warning, that because they will come up and against you, it is because of HIS NAME; because they have not known Him who Sent Me.

Jesus mentioned in the next chapter of John, says this

Joh 16:1 “These things I have spoken to you, that you may not be stumbled,

Joh 16:2 they will put you out of the synagogues; but an hour comes, that everyone who has killed you, may think to offer service to God;

Joh 16:3 and these things they will do to you, because they did not know the Father, nor Me.

Jesus is making sure that his Apostles does not stumble, and he tells them what would happen to them, that even those who kill them may think they offer service to God, and these things they will do to you, because they did not know the Father, nor Me.

Can you imagine being told that in that day in age? -> An hour comes that everyone who has killed you, may think they offer to service to God; and it is because they do not know the Father, nor Me.

Mat 10:22 and you will be hated by all because of My Name, but he who has endured to the end, he will be saved.

Jesus said to the apostles, and you will be hated by all because of His Name, but he (those who are believing and endure) in that day in age -> Will be saved.

Saved from what? The coming wrath of God once Jesus had died on the Cross, and was buried, and raised again after three days -> 40 years after the Destruction of Jerusalem would come.

Mat 24:9 then they will deliver you up to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations because of My Name;

The Nations -> The people in that time, the Nation of Israel - they will deliver them up to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by them because of My Name.

Are you starting to see why it is so important to stay in context of the scripture?

Application : It is not because of you and the belief you have come to understand from the Bible it may just be that they are resisting the truth founded in Christ, we are not to judge or condemn them however love them as they are. When you share with someone how you believe, they may have difference of opinions. When disagreements or arguments are arising, the best thing we can do is love them even after we explained our position. Love will always prevail, allowing people to think for themselves and decide what they will do as they live and die, going to God at the end of life. All people struggle, even myself and what you do with your life is totally up to you, knowing that you have the Spirit of Christ, in you because of faith. One should be encouraged to seek out what the Bible says in a contextual manner and not just bits and pieces, its like a steak and it is very hard to chew and digest. Milk from Jesus is easy to digest, however something he speaks are more meaty that one may be willing to handle. You gotta cut through, then chew, swallow and allow it to digest.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DISCLAIMER: You should understand, I am a fallible man doing a bible study (hopefully lead by the spirit of God) here that is conducted for your benefit, do beware of this, and understand that everything that may be said may not line up with your thinking, and you may disagree with me. The study of the word (not demands and commands placed on people) is beneficial to the soul, thus is why this is now here for you. Everyone in their life is accountable and responsible for how they live their life with God in their lives by faith in the Gospel. Everyone is living their life subjectively in faith, and that should be understood from my perspective.

Jesus
had just recently got done answering Philip, Thomas, and now Judas (not Iscariot) - the brother of James had asked Jesus a question, and he gets to this point in scripture speaking about - The Worlds Hatred.

Let us look and see what can be learned

Joh 15:18 if the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before you;

As Christian believers, Jesus was telling Judas, if the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before you.

This is a message to them to realize that opposition will always come, no matter what, despite whom it may be, as you will learn shortly, this was pertaining to the nation of Israel, because the World - they knew and understood was all in the conception of Israel itself, as Jesus had come for the lost sheep of Israel.

This nation would be the one who would soon put Jesus to death, out of envy, and hate. It is something that should be considered.

An application today, - Is no matter the person, believer or not - who ends up condemning you and judging you would be in regards of having non-love, and Jesus just said in the prior - These things I commend you that you love one another. The word love has many different meanings, but the love being spoken of here, is agape love. To love despite opposition of even ‘Theological’ beliefs and understandings.

Jesus goes on to say, if you were of the world, the world would have been cherishing its own, - the world described by John the beloved - is this the lust of the eyes, the pride of life, and the lust of the flesh is of this world and not the Father.

We do today interact with the world, be it social media, and going to events and seeing others, even church and things of that nature. We live in part in this world but realize this world is not our home, our true home is being in Christ, and that one day you will be with him at the end of life, going into the heavenly Realm.

If you were of the world, the world would have been cherishing it’s own, — Let us look at 1 John 3:1.

1Jn 3:1 See what love the Father has given to us, that we may be called children of God; because of this the world does not know us, because it did not know Him;

See what love the Father has given to us, that we may be called children of God; because of this the world does not know us because it did not know him.

The world can be described as John described it; the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. These things are not of God but our inherit nature. For this reason when it comes to sharing the truths you have experienced from the Bible, be it little or a lot. When it comes to sharing, not everyone is going to believe what you may suggest in which you may have learned from the scripture itself. Always something to be mindful of. Especially if they are against God as a whole, even Jesus. The Nation of Israel had became this way, and it is indicated, we ourselves can become that way, because of this fleshly nature we have. Those who may hear what you have to say, but they may not agree, and some will literally hate you because of it, or be totally confused by you for what you are admitting from your own heart in which God indeed, sees and read.

1Jn 3:13 Do not wonder, my brothers, if the world hates you;

1Jn 3:14 we have known that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers; he who is not loving [his] brother remains in death.

John encouraged the believers in his day and time, to not wonder about it, as it is self-evident. We have known that we have passed out of death (spiritual death) - into life (spiritual life), because we love the brothers; he who is not loving his brother remains in death.

If a person has not been persecuted because of their faith today, best to wonder why Matt. It truly gives us joy, in a way, yes in a way as none of us like to be persecuted, but we can rejoice in being persecuted for Jesus' name. 1 Pet 4:14

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 15:22 if I had not come and spoken to them, they were not having sin; but now they have no pretext for their sin.

Going forward Jesus continues to say to Judas, if I had not come and spoken to them, they were not having sin; but not they have no pretext for their sin.

Jesus coming and doing his mission for three years, he spoke very heavily against the Pharisees, also correcting the Sadducees, and healing those with sickness and diseases, proving that he was the anointed one that came from God, being Gods Word, from above. The people who taught in the synagogues taught from the Old Testament Scriptures, and Jesus too, would teach from the Old Testament Scriptures to others, He would also teach the people new things, however in the form of parables and they were hard to understand until the Holy Spirit had come, in Acts Chapter 2.

Jesus came and spoke, the truth, - If Jesus had not come to speak to them they would not have known their sin; however now that they had been corrected (those in the Nation of Israel) they known their sin, and they had no pretext for their missing the mark anymore. They continued in their rebellion in having envy and jealously of Jesus who was the Messiah that was going to be the King. Not the king of the Material world but the King of the Spiritual Heavenly Kingdom that would be established once everything had been completed with the overcoming and payment of Sin, death, defeating Satan and His Demons, conquering over Hell, and all enemies were laid beneath the feet of Jesus which he would then hand everything back over to this Father at that time.

Let us look at two other scriptures to emphasize what Jesus had stated;

If I had not come and spoken to them they would have no sin: (John 9:41)

But now they have no excuse for their sin. (Romans 1:20)

Joh 15:23 He who is hating Me, hates My Father also;

Jesus said He who is hating Me, hates my Father also; Those who were envious of Jesus and hated Jesus, hated the Father also.

John said 1 John 2:23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledge the Son has the Father also.

In that day in Age, the denial of Christ would grow worse and worse, today int his age people also may hate Jesus or see no reason for him, or the Father at all. This is just simply a straight forward issue that is all predicated on a persons choice to either believe by faith, in the Gospel of Christ or Not. There is nothing a person can do to change a person, all we can do is share love to those even who reject Christ, and the Father. In my opinion that is something that should be done out of love for God and others, even those who do not deserve it, all lead by the Holy Spirit/ spirit of Christ in you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 15:24 if I did not do among them the works that no other has done, they were not having sin, and now they have both seen and hated both Me and My Father;

Jesus goes on to say if I did not do among them the works that no other has done, they were not having sin, and not they both seen and hated both Me and My Father;

Nicodemus - came to Jesus at night, Joh 3:2 this one came to Him by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we have known that You have come from God—a teacher, for no one is able to do these signs that You do, if God may not be with him.”

Saying teacher, we have known that You have come from God— a teacher, for No one is able to do these signs that you do, if God may not be with him.

Such and interesting quote here from Nicodemus, as the first verse in Joh 3:1 States: And there was a man of the Pharisees, Nicodemus [was] his name, a ruler of the Jews;

They knew and realized and some rejected Jesus having been sent from God. Jesus came and done the works, among them that no one ever has done.

Joh 7:28 Jesus cried, therefore, in the temple, teaching and saying, “You have both known Me, and you have known from where I am; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you have not known;

Joh 7:29 and I have known Him, because I am from Him, and He sent Me.”

Joh 7:30 They were seeking, therefore, to seize Him, and no one laid the hand on Him, because His hour had not yet come,

Joh 7:31 and many out of the multitude believed in Him and said, “The Christ—when He may come—will He do more signs than these that this One did?”

More evidence of the works Christ had done, and the Jewish nation of Israel His own people hated it. They were seeking to seize him, and take His Life!

Joh 9:28 They reviled him, therefore, and said, “You are His disciple, and we are Moses’ disciples;

Joh 9:29 we have known that God has spoken to Moses, but this One—we have not known where He is from.”

Joh 9:30 The man answered and said to them, “Why, in this is a wonderful thing, that you have not known where He is from, and He opened my eyes!

Joh 9:31 And we have known that God does not hear sinners, but if anyone may be a worshiper of God, and may do His will, He hears him;

Joh 9:32 from the age it was not heard, that anyone opened eyes of one who has been born blind;

The Nation (People of Israel the world they knew and understood as their heaven and earth) continues to revile Christ for all the things he had done.

Joh 15:25 but—that the word may be fulfilled that was written in their law—They hated Me without a cause.

Jesus states that - the word may be fulfilled that was written in their law — They hated Me without a cause.

Psa 35:19 Do not let my enemies rejoice over me [with] falsehood, || Those hating me without cause wink the eye.

Psa 69:4 Those hating me without cause || Have been more than the hairs of my head, || Mighty have been my destroyers, || My lying enemies, || That which I did not take away—I bring back.

This concludes this bible study~!

Love you.