Theory of Evolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe man has evovled from primates?

• no

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • yes

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
EV... Just a theory not science! nothing logical'y verifiable..

It's not even actually a theory because the entire "theory" is not testable. It is more of an armchair hypothesis--and it has been around since the ancient Greek philosophers first proposed the idea. The Emperor's New Clothes moment, will come when the younger life-scientists (30% of whom openly say that they don't believe in Evolution) finally come out and say what they mutter to each other in private--that, from all of the real scientific data from the past two decades points to a "guiding intelligence" in life and indeed, throughout the universe. They call Him a "guiding intelligence"--we know Him as the Creator God.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not even actually a theory because the entire "theory" is not testable. It is more of an armchair hypothesis--and it has been around since the ancient Greek philosophers first proposed the idea. The Emperor's New Clothes moment, will come when the younger life-scientists (30% of whom openly say that they don't believe in Evolution) finally come out and say what they mutter to each other in private--that, from all of the real scientific data from the past two decades points to a "guiding intelligence" in life and indeed, throughout the universe. They call Him a "guiding intelligence"--we know Him as the Creator God.

It is a theory just ask any scientist, and in no way was evo around since ancient Greece, show me proof? its a 20th century phenomenom at least.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a theory just ask any scientist, and in no way was evo around since ancient Greece, show me proof? its a 20th century phenomenom at least.

It is NOT a theory and I HAVE spoken to and read works of scientists on the matter (I am married to a scientist, by the way and he does not believe in evolution). There is a lot written on the subject by scientists who say that the data contradicts evolution. What evolutionists cite as "proof" are trivial examples of natural selection. Those scientists who oppose evolution do not deny that natural selection takes place but THAT is a VERY long way from "goo to you" evolution. It is reasonable to assume that those who are not fit for survival will die out. Approximately 40% of all animal species which have ever lived are now extinct and over half of all plants which have ever lived are now extinct as well. If anything, a theory of devolution would be supported by the data. Here is a scholarly piece written for the layman which you might find quite edifying: http://www.daylightorigins.com/wp-c...ort-history-of-evolution-and-its-problems.pdf

A theory must be testable and there is the problem of origins, which evolutionists refuse to acknowledge or even TALK about. For a while, they had hope that the "RNA world" hypothesis would pan out--it did not. A survey was taken recently where they asked young life scientists whether or not they believed in evolution and about 30% of them said that they did not. Data is flowing in which absolutely confounds any evolutionary hypothesis. Darwinism died a long time ago and neo-Dawinism will suffer a similar fate. What you fail to understand is that scientists who have spent their entire career with an evolutionary mindset, are reluctant to discard it, even though they acknowledge that there is little supporting data--that, in fact, the data points to a "guiding intelligence".

Last edited:

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is NOT a theory and I HAVE spoken to and read works of scientists on the matter (I am married to a scientist, by the way and he does not believe in evolution). There is a lot written on the subject by scientists who say that the data contradicts evolution. What evolutionists cite as "proof" are trivial examples of natural selection. Those scientists who oppose evolution do not deny that natural selection takes place but THAT is a VERY long way from "goo to you" evolution. It is reasonable to assume that those who are not fit for survival will die out. Approximately 40% of all animal species which have ever lived are now extinct and over half of all plants which have ever lived are now extinct as well. If anything, a theory of devolution would be supported by the data. Here is a scholarly piece written for the layman which you might find quite edifying: http://www.daylightorigins.com/wp-c...ort-history-of-evolution-and-its-problems.pdf

A theory must be testable and there is the problem of origins, which evolutionists refuse to acknowledge or even TALK about. For a while, they had hope that the "RNA world" hypothesis would pan out--it did not. A survey was taken recently where they asked young life scientists whether or not they believed in evolution and about 30% of them said that they did not. Data is flowing in which absolutely confounds any evolutionary hypothesis. Darwinism died a long time ago and neo-Dawinism will suffer a similar fate. What you fail to understand is that scientists who have spent their entire career with an evolutionary mindset, are reluctant to discard it, even though they acknowledge that there is little supporting data--that, in fact, the data points to a "guiding intelligence".

Ok, Nicely put, You know a theory is a system of ideas right? anyway ill go with dat, theory/hypothesis, I wont find it edifying coz I don't believe in it, I already know about the contradictions in EV.. and wat other theory man has drempt up and by the looks of it it looks like u don't believe in it ever.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in evolution......

Does it really matter if you believe it in or not? Evolution is not going to support you or love you. It is not going to spend time believing in you or even thinking about you. Neither is it going to send you to Hell. It is a law of nature.

Scientific theories are not the same as your grandpa’s theories - they are 99.9999999% true - and scientists proceed with all of their work as if all peer reviewed theories are law. The jury is in on the theory of evolution - see monkey scope trial.

If you are not a scientist or medical professional, thinking about evolution is interesting but not necessary. So why do conservative Christians make it a lynch pin of their faith? Do they really need A litmus test for determining who is a legitimate part of the ‘good guys tribe’?

It’s like conservative Christians have chosen willful ignorance to set themselves apart rather than love. We wonder why the world hates us so we blame everything on Jesus! Christ told us that the world will hate us because of Him, let’s make sure it is because of His love, not because of our ignorance.

Crusading against modernity is a misplacement of faith.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, Nicely put, You know a theory is a system of ideas right? anyway ill go with dat, theory/hypothesis, I wont find it edifying coz I don't believe in it, I already know about the contradictions in EV.. and wat other theory man has drempt up and by the looks of it it looks like u don't believe in it ever.

The paper that I linked starts with the statement that the idea was first cooked up by the ancient Greek philosophers.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The paper that I linked starts with the statement that the idea was first cooked up by the ancient Greek philosophers.

Greek philosophers starting the EV.. theory?? I've herd someone else say dat on here, I've nether herd of dat, ima look into dat, and I do actually believe in macro EV not micro EV.