There Is No Middle Ground; You Are For Or Against; You Believe Or Your Don’t = Romans 1;28-32

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There Is No Middle Ground; You Are For Or Against; You Believe Or Your Don’t = Romans 1;28-32

Romans 1;28-32

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Romans 2:1-3

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

II Corinthians 10:3-6

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Ephesians 5:5-7

For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

II Thessalonians 3:6

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

Titus 1:15-16

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny Him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

I Peter 2:6-11

Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on Him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe He is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvellous light; Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

I Corinthians 10:20-21

But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

Hebrews 3:12-14

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

AMEN

Reactions: L.A.M.B.
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a huge misunderstanding by many in our age that they are securely saved because they "believe" in their head/heart and how they live in this world has no impact. Believing includes faith/trusting which leads to obedience and as you show in the scriptures above (as well as others throughout the bible) if you don't obey, you don't believe.

1 John 2:4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him".

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a huge misunderstanding by many in our age that they are securely saved because they "believe" in their head/heart and how they live in this world has no impact. Believing includes faith/trusting which leads to obedience and as you show in the scriptures above (as well as others throughout the bible) if you don't obey, you don't believe.

1 John 2:4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him".
It's people who want to justify themselves and or their pet sins that cling to this horrid teaching.
It saddens my heart, for they are deceived, and will hear depart from me ye workers of iniquity.

These desire to shurk any responsibility or accountability of the receiver of the gift of salvation & life, claiming God does it all........... How ludicrous, shallow and blind these are !

Behold, TODAY is the day of one's salvation, REPENT, therefore that ye may live !

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
claiming God does it all..

As for our salvation, I don't believe we can take any credit towards it. I also don't believe we are saved because "we accept Him". I believe God saves in his own time.

For me, I knew about God and gone to various churches in and out my youth. At a point I became serious about seeking God and tried to repent but had 2 addictions that I could not get free from. I repented repeatedly and pleaded with God for 20 years and finally at one point, very quickly, those addictions fell away. I think that was the point that God finally saved me and as the result I was set free from those sins.

We are to repent and plead with God but ultimately salvation is entirely His mercy on us which we cannot contribute to.
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" Ephesians 2:8-9

Reactions: Lambano

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* edited*
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" Ephesians 2:8-9
Most assuredly, we have nothing nor will we ever have anything we can offer to God on the behalf of salvation, except Jesus!

This is why he did it for us, in his D, B & R.
1 John 2:2. “And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

However, we must believe & accept the gift he offers or it becomes vain to us !
Romans 10:9
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 Corinthians 15:14 ... “And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
This is the condemnation of sinful man;
John 3:
18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

John 12:48
He that rejecteth me and receiveth NOT MY WORDS, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

WE DO HAVE A CHOICE!

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
I agree, we have to believe.

As to Romans 10:9 I think many people see it as a one time thing, for example that they confess before the congregation and they walk out of church "saved". I believe it is a repentance, that we confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus ongoing forward.

Lots of people (I think most people) that "accept" Christ are never saved - Like the parable in Mark 4:5-7 The sowed seed immediately spouts but it's in stony ground or among thorns and dies off. (also parable in Luke 11: 24-26 where the unclean spirit comes back).
Some people call them "Carnal Christians" and say they are still saved but the Bible doesn't allow that. True salvation results in a steadfast endurance to the end (see Matt 10:22, Matt 24:13, Mark 13:13, Hebrews 3:14, 1 Peter 1:13, Revelation 2:26).

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, we have to believe.

As to Romans 10:9 I think many people see it as a one time thing, for example that they confess before the congregation and they walk out of church "saved". I believe it is a repentance, that we confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus ongoing forward.

Lots of people (I think most people) that "accept" Christ are never saved - Like the parable in Mark 4:5-7 The sowed seed immediately spouts but it's in stony ground or among thorns and dies off. (also parable in Luke 11: 24-26 where the unclean spirit comes back).
Some people call them "Carnal Christians" and say they are still saved but the Bible doesn't allow that. True salvation results in a steadfast endurance to the end (see Matt 10:22, Matt 24:13, Mark 13:13, Hebrews 3:14, 1 Peter 1:13, Revelation 2:26).
Yes. It is an ongoing growing process with God.

I just finished this study on the subject of growing in Christ.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying a sinners prayer does not save you. Repenting and calling out to Jesus as the tax collector Saves you.
I suppose this calls into question the motivation for a renewed relationship with God.
If the sinner's prayer is recited as a matter of fear, or whether there is a heart for repentance.

This topic smacks of the fear motivation.

/

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when they come to trust Christ to save them, you get a believer with an "ἀδόκιμος mind" who is filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but forget the mercy they themselves have been shown while having pleasure in condemning others.

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll dance with the one one brought me, Jesus Christ. He chose me, and gave me His salvation. I belong to Jesus.

Acts 4:12 - Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose this calls into question the motivation for a renewed relationship with God.
If the sinner's prayer is recited as a matter of fear, or whether there is a heart for repentance.

This topic smacks of the fear motivation.

/
No fear.

But repentance is necessary. Your dead in sin. If your not Born again, You have no hope. God came as the rescue to rescue you, you should be glad. not afraid

The worst case is you do not think you need saved or you can save yourself.. thats when your in trouble

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No fear.

But repentance is necessary. Your dead in sin. If your not Born again, You have no hope. God came as the rescue to rescue you, you should be glad. not afraid

The worst case is you do not think you need saved or you can save yourself.. thats when your in trouble
I notice that you put repentance on the front end of a restored relationship with God.
As if it is a prerequisite. Am I understanding you correctly? Some confuse repentance with confession.

The fear aspect is spiritual extortion. Believe, or burn.

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice that you put repentance on the front end of a restored relationship with God.
As if it is a prerequisite. Am I understanding you correctly? Some confuse repentance with confession.

The fear aspect is spiritual extortion. Believe, or burn.

/
repent means to change ones mind

Confession is just admitting something

I will not come to trust God with my eternity and admit I am lost with no hope apart from repentance

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, This is what satan wants us to see
Well... if that's the case, he is sufficiently armed with bad doctrine.

The gospel is good news. Not bad.
Agree. Believe, or burn is NOT good news from my perspective. (spiritual extortion)

Turns our loving heavenly Father into something akin to a gangster godfather, making us an offer we can't refuse.

If your drowning and Christ comes. Your going to rejoice. not be afraid.
Indeed. That's different than the "gun to the head" gospel I see from the church.

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... if that's the case, he is sufficiently armed with bad doctrine.

Agree. Believe, or burn is NOT good news from my perspective. (spiritual extortion)

Turns our loving heavenly Father into something akin to a gangster godfather, making us an offer we can't refuse.

Indeed. That's different than the "gun to the head" gospel I see from the church.

/
Again, your seeing it wrong

The penalty of sin is death. Not burning

Jesus came to take the penalty. If we do not recieve that gift. We will remain dead Forever.

Reactions: Ritajanice