There Is No Middle Ground; You Are For Or Against; You Believe Or Your Don’t = Romans 1;28-32

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree... Either you have faith completely trusting Yahava to take care of you in this life, and provide help by the spirit, and that Yeshua has fully taken care of your sins. Then you decide what you are gonna do, just like Daniel.

Daniel 1:8-9
8 But Daniel [i]made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the king’s choice food or with the wine which he drank; so he sought permission from the commander of the officials that he might not defile himself. 9 Now God granted Daniel favor and compassion in the sight of the commander of the officials.

Are there circumstances for those who do not know these thing, that Yahava looks at, of course he always looks at the heart, not so much about the knowledge and wisdom, however the heart to put God first and to love others... and allow them the freedom also to choose for themselves.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief in Jesus is more than mere belief. The word means to have an assurance.

Saying a sinners prayer does not save you. Repenting and calling out to Jesus as the tax collector Saves you.
Luke 18:9 - Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others/viewed others with contempt/looked down on everyone else. 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.

*Notice all the upcoming "I" in verses 11 and 12.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, "I" thank You that "I" am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 "I" fast twice a week; "I" give tithes of all that "I" possess.’

13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

*The tax collector demonstrated humility and faith. The Pharisee demonstrated self-righteousness and a lack of faith.

In regard to the sinner's prayer, saying a sinner's prayer will not accomplish anything on its own. I must have prayed the sinner's prayer 20 different times with Pat Robertson while watching the 700 Club back when I was a teenager, yet nothing happened. Why? Because there was no repentance and faith. Such a prayer needs to include what a person knows, understands, and believes about their sinfulness and need for salvation, followed by repentance/faith. People need to hear the gospel. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17)

For a person who comes to the realization they are lost and in need of Jesus Christ to save them, (Romans 3:23; 6:23) they may obtain salvation only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8,9). One needs to understand that Jesus Christ, God in human form, took his sins and paid the penalty for his sins by His sacrifice on the cross of Calvary, was buried, and rose again the third day, and they need to make a genuine and willful decision to totally trust in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation. (Romans 1:16)

Now if subsequent to such a decision, the person would like to pray what some call a "sinner’s prayer," (calling on the name of the Lord to save him) he may do so, as long as he understands that it was his decision to trust in Jesus Christ for salvation that apprehends his salvation and not simply reciting a prayer in of itself. Reciting a prayer, in of itself does not save, as if it's a magical formula to recite a set of words, but prayer may be used to sincerely call upon the name of the Lord. (Romans 10:13)

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 18:9 - Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others/viewed others with contempt/looked down on everyone else. 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.

*Notice all the upcoming "I" in verses 11 and 12.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, "I" thank You that "I" am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 "I" fast twice a week; "I" give tithes of all that "I" possess.’

13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

*The tax collector demonstrated humility and faith. The Pharisee demonstrated self-righteousness and a lack of faith.

In regard to the sinner's prayer, saying a sinner's prayer will not accomplish anything on its own. I must have prayed the sinner's prayer 20 different times with Pat Robertson while watching the 700 Club back when I was a teenager, yet nothing happened. Why? Because there was no repentance and faith. Such a prayer needs to include what a person knows, understands, and believes about their sinfulness and need for salvation, followed by repentance/faith. People need to hear the gospel. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17)

For a person who comes to the realization they are lost and in need of Jesus Christ to save them, (Romans 3:23; 6:23) they may obtain salvation only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8,9). One needs to understand that Jesus Christ, God in human form, took his sins and paid the penalty for his sins by His sacrifice on the cross of Calvary, was buried, and rose again the third day, and they need to make a genuine and willful decision to totally trust in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation. (Romans 1:16)

Now if subsequent to such a decision, the person would like to pray what some call a "sinner’s prayer," (calling on the name of the Lord to save him) he may do so, as long as he understands that it was his decision to trust in Jesus Christ for salvation that apprehends his salvation and not simply reciting a prayer in of itself. Reciting a prayer, in of itself does not save, as if it's a magical formula to recite a set of words, but prayer may be used to sincerely call upon the name of the Lord. (Romans 10:13)
I did the same, I said it for months in my bedroom. It was not until someone sat with me and helped me understand what I was saying, and what i was asking, that I Knew I was saved. After I called out to God.

• Love
Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, that's how the OSAS peoples roll YO! View attachment 37902
Yes,

We who believe in eternal security (I am done with the OSAS nomenclature) roll with Gods promises based on his work.

We confess and admit our best is not good enough.

I know that is painful to a legalist who must look to self.. But hey. roll with it if that what you desire

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,

We who believe in eternal security (I am done with the OSAS nomenclature) roll with Gods promises based on his work.

Be confess and admit our best is not good enough.

I know that is painful to a legalist who must look to self.. But hey. roll with it if that what you desire
ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Until we get to the end of the creature we will not get to the beginning of the Creator.

• Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Until we get to the end of the creature we will not get to the beginning of the Creator.
Satan wants us to look at self and take our eyes off God and his work.

Human pride just follows right along with the one who comes as an "angel of light" but is the angel of darkness

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a huge misunderstanding by many in our age that they are securely saved because they "believe" in their head/heart and how they live in this world has no impact. Believing includes faith/trusting which leads to obedience and as you show in the scriptures above (as well as others throughout the bible) if you don't obey, you don't believe.

1 John 2:4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him".
Romans 10:8 - But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Obedience is the demonstrative evidence of our faith, yet we are still saved by grace through faith, not works. (Ephesians 2:8,9) 1 John 2:3 - By this we know that we have come to know Him, (already know Him/already saved/demonstrative evidence) if we "keep" (Greek word "tereo" - guard, observe, watch over) His commandments. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep (guard, observe, watch over) His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

This does not mean flawlessly obey the 10 commandments under the old covenant of law 100% of the time or sinless perfection. (1 John 1:8-10)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who actually believe they “ Birthed “ themselves in the Holy Spirit....those are the ones who are deceived.

As God word says.....Born of God.....not Born of manmade religious talk....lip service..and a heart far from God.

They talk their own talk and walk their own walk.

Jude 1:24
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—

New Living Translation
Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault.

English Standard Version
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:8 - But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Obedience is the demonstrative evidence of our faith, yet we are still saved by grace through faith, not works. (Ephesians 2:8,9) 1 John 2:3 - By this we know that we have come to know Him, (already know Him/already saved/demonstrative evidence) if we "keep" (Greek word "tereo" - guard, observe, watch over) His commandments. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep (guard, observe, watch over) His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

This does not mean flawlessly obey the 10 commandments under the old covenant of law 100% of the time or sinless perfection. (1 John 1:8-10)
How good is good enough? What does our best need to be??

Deuteronomy 27:26
Cursed is the one who does not confirm all the words of this law by observing them.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’ ”

Galatians 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

James 2:10
For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who actually believe they “ Birthed “ themselves in the Holy Spirit....those are the ones who are deceived.

As God word says.....Born of God.....not Born of manmade religious talk....lip service..and a heart far from God.
Sadly, Many think they are birthed by God. but they must keep their born again state

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly, Many think they are birthed by God. but they must keep their born again state
Absolutely!!....just a lie from the devil....

And what about those who run away from discussing the rebirth? @Eternally Grateful .....ain’t that suspicious?

They hate to hear the words.....Born Again “ ....God’s Living Word.....that raises my eyebrows for sure.

God does all of the birthing in the Spirit......oh yeah!!!....prove he doesn’t?

This isn’t aimed at you EG.

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, `You must be born again

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely!!....just a lie from the devil....

And what about those who run away from discussing the rebirth? @Eternally Grateful .....ain’t that suspicious?

They hate to hear the words.....Born Again “ ....God’s Living Word.....that raises my eyebrows for sure.

God does all of the birthing in the Spirit......oh yeah!!!....prove he doesn’t?

This isn’t aimed at you EG.

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, `You must be born again
Sadly. Born again, like eternal life. to many is just a religious term. It has no real meaning to many

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan wants us to look at self and take our eyes off God and his work.

Human pride just follows right along with the one who comes as an "angel of light" but is the angel of darkness
Human pride says Lord, Lord, didn't "WE" (Matthew 7:22-23) instead of Lord, Lord, didn't "YOU." (John 3:15,16,18; 10:9; 14:6)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Human pride says Lord, Lord, didn't "WE" (Matthew 7:22-23) instead of Lord, Lord, didn't "YOU." (John 3:15,16,18; 10:9; 14:6)
Praise God...for those living words.

Words that can only penetrate a child of God....Born of God....Born Again.

Wahoooo!!...Praise His Holy Name!!.

• Love