They Which See Not...Might See

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Once we have "received the knowledge of the truth," and purposely, wilfully sin then His sacrifice doesn't blot them out. We, as our adversaries, shall be judged.

To receive knowledge of the truth is...to see, to understand. It is to have one's eyes and ears opened. I believe there are different levels of understanding. To the atheist, agnostic or unbeliever who has never had his eyes and ears opened they are still given enough upon which to be judged.....for they shall be judged!

Romans 1:18-21 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

So, all humanity is given enough understanding to know there is a God but others are blessed for their eyes are opened, fully open to see Him. We are taught of the blind man that Christ healed. Those in the synagogue were angry with this man and Christ.....

John 9:35-37 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him? And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen Him, and it is He that talketh with thee.

When He opens our eyes and ears we then see Him and He speaks with us...teaching. We are no longer spiritually blind and deaf.

9:38-41 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped Him. And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. And some of the Pharisees which were with Him heard these words, and said unto Him, Are we blind also? Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

To see....truly see, which is to "have knowledge of the truth," separates us from others. We are then God's "peculiar people," and as such....do not wilfully sin. Those that sin without knowledge "have no sin," for they are blind.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
whirlwind said:
To see....truly see, which is to "have knowledge of the truth," separates us from others. We are then God's "peculiar people," and as such....do not wilfully sin. Those that sin without knowledge "have no sin," for they are blind.
Rom_3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Those that sin without knowledge is not biblical since the laws were given. Some may not have the knowledge of God, but we are responsible to impart that knowledge.

To see is to be able to read God's word as it is written, not by changing the meaning of words.

To be saved, one must be born again, no other way and no excuses.

Follower2

Dec 11, 2013
I must admit the OP scripture has often makes me smile. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone sinning by accident!!!
"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, "

I am thinking there is something a bit deeper here. Not that I have checked out the original root meanings. I would say that when anyone sins, it is willfully! I think maybe there is a much more aggressive thought behind this " sinning" ,more in the line of calculated rebellion.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Follower2 said:
I must admit the OP scripture has often makes me smile. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone sinning by accident!!!
"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, "

I am thinking there is something a bit deeper here. Not that I have checked out the original root meanings. I would say that when anyone sins, it is willfully! I think maybe there is a much more aggressive thought behind this " sinning" ,more in the line of calculated rebellion.

I see "willful sin" as premeditated sin. Doing it with full knowledge. The accidental sinning, to me, would be our thoughts or anger that pops us when it shouldn't.