Things to Ponder.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I used to work on a dairy farm for over 15 years. I marveled at the similarity between cows and humans. They would have plenty to eat, but would push at the gates and fences to get at what they saw next door. If a hate was left open, regardless of whether they had sufficient or not, they would all pour through until every cow was in the next paddock. If the next gate was open, they would all go through that, and so on until they came to the end. Then they would all drift back, until evenly distributed across 4or5 paddocks.
Don't we also push at the boundaries, because We cannot content ourselves with what God graciously gives us? We even have special names for it... Like pushing the envelope. And we praise those who do so, as being brave or entrepreneurs. Yet it actually is base covetousness. And we kill ourselves doing it. Uncontrolled appetite... Addictions... And extreme sports.
A bit like a bidding war on property.. ppl see others bidding and keep wanting to bid more...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why does the baby always pass up the twenty different multi colored toys on the floor and go for the crumbled up piece of paper on the floor instead? I think babies do that to see what the parent will do.
th

It's made out of trees....therefore it's organic!

Reactions: Mayflower

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I refused to show the Walmart person my receipt when they asked. I informed them that I had just left the register and paid for all my items and over the last XX decades had never taken one item from them that wasn't paid for. The employee had no reply and I walked out pushing my cart with no other hindances.

I like to observe the other shoppers if I have the time and if I'm not in to much physical distress. I have learned to never go there unless it's been just a short whole since swallowing pain meds.

There are the poor shoppers with little in their baskets, many of them elderly. Our congressmen whine because as one said "I can't live comfortably on 200k a year" (my approximation) while at the same time voting down a teensy increase 2.8% I think.

Then there are the exhausted ones. A haggard looking mother with several crumb grabbers and curtain climbers in tow appeared to be on her last legs. Her husband appeared with another part of their brood also looking tired.

I announced to her what a good job she was doing and to take heart. That all would be well. After a short pep rally her face lightened and she appeared noticeably lifted. I told the children to help their mother and mind like good children should.

One trip like that was fifty regular ones.

I've been lower than a snake's belly before but only the Lord is around to pump up my deflated heart. But to forget yourself awhile and lift up another you can't help but being lifted yourself.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 KJVS
Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. [10] For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

May the Lord put us in places where we can re-inflate hearts that have suffered road damage and gone flat. Amen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coffee tastes so much better when I take a walk and pay 75 cents for it in the mornings. I know that is 20 to 30 dollars a month, but I figure a mother gets very few luxuries. I cherish my morning walk and coffee. Sometimes I take Lorena, but a lot of the times Bobby comes home from work and watches her for a little bit. Especially right now in the Fall. I just love this neighborhood. Good time to pray and talk to the shop owners and neighbors when I see them out.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is the sad stuff, but it is stuff I ponder in. Maybe this is a good place to keep my thoughts in check. P.s. not wanting to derail Patty's thread. Just wondering if these are things I should ponder.

-I am saddened by the Pittsburg massacre.

-what are kids thinking these days eating tidepods and snorting condoms.

-Are these world record weather changes somehow partially us. Sin does have consequence and we have polluted this earth. Quite a few of us. If so, how bad can it get before the end times come.

Basically end times stuff I think about. It cannot get any farther away. But what I ponder is what is most important to focus on in this day and age? God our Father and Jesus Christ...reaching as many people for Christ as we can and doing as Jesus would. Every word He said and person He helped, it had meaning. I want to live that kind of life. Sometimes it is hard just to get up and go for the day. Get the house picked up and the phone down. Instill in my daughter and encourage my husband in the wonderful words of life.

Reactions: brakelite

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ponder this.....
Has anyone ever figured out what happened to the mate of that matching pair of socks that entered the dryer together but only one exited.....a sock rapture? You know, one taken the other left behind....lol.
It's waiting for the resurrection.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
B

brakelite

But what I ponder is what is most important to focus on in this day and age? God our Father and Jesus Christ...reaching as many people for Christ as we can and doing as Jesus would.
That is the right idea. What was Abraham doing while he was waiting for the son of promise and the Lord was investigating the fate of Sodom? Interceding for the lost.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coffee tastes so much better when I take a walk and pay 75 cents for it in the mornings. I know that is 20 to 30 dollars a month, but I figure a mother gets very few luxuries. I cherish my morning walk and coffee. Sometimes I take Lorena, but a lot of the times Bobby comes home from work and watches her for a little bit. Especially right now in the Fall. I just love this neighborhood. Good time to pray and talk to the shop owners and neighbors when I see them out.
Where do you get coffee for 75 cents these days? Good idea to walk and talk with God....it is refreshing and encouraging to know He is always by our side.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the right idea. What was Abraham doing while he was waiting for the son of promise and the Lord was investigating the fate of Sodom? Interceding for the lost.
Yes, we should be pondering the fate of others.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is the sad stuff, but it is stuff I ponder in. Maybe this is a good place to keep my thoughts in check. P.s. not wanting to derail Patty's thread. Just wondering if these are things I should ponder.

-I am saddened by the Pittsburg massacre.

-what are kids thinking these days eating tidepods and snorting condoms.

-Are these world record weather changes somehow partially us. Sin does have consequence and we have polluted this earth. Quite a few of us. If so, how bad can it get before the end times come.

Basically end times stuff I think about. It cannot get any farther away. But what I ponder is what is most important to focus on in this day and age? God our Father and Jesus Christ...reaching as many people for Christ as we can and doing as Jesus would. Every word He said and person He helped, it had meaning. I want to live that kind of life. Sometimes it is hard just to get up and go for the day. Get the house picked up and the phone down. Instill in my daughter and encourage my husband in the wonderful words of life.
Our society is in such turmoil these days.....think upon the good things....pray for the evil.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I refused to show the Walmart person my receipt when they asked. I informed them that I had just left the register and paid for all my items and over the last XX decades had never taken one item from them that wasn't paid for. The employee had no reply and I walked out pushing my cart with no other hindances.

I like to observe the other shoppers if I have the time and if I'm not in to much physical distress. I have learned to never go there unless it's been just a short whole since swallowing pain meds.

There are the poor shoppers with little in their baskets, many of them elderly. Our congressmen whine because as one said "I can't live comfortably on 200k a year" (my approximation) while at the same time voting down a teensy increase 2.8% I think.

Then there are the exhausted ones. A haggard looking mother with several crumb grabbers and curtain climbers in tow appeared to be on her last legs. Her husband appeared with another part of their brood also looking tired.

I announced to her what a good job she was doing and to take heart. That all would be well. After a short pep rally her face lightened and she appeared noticeably lifted. I told the children to help their mother and mind like good children should.

One trip like that was fifty regular ones.

I've been lower than a snake's belly before but only the Lord is around to pump up my deflated heart. But to forget yourself awhile and lift up another you can't help but being lifted yourself.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 KJVS
Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. [10] For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

May the Lord put us in places where we can re-inflate hearts that have suffered road damage and gone flat. Amen
You are such an encouraging person....God Bless you Frank.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Going out of business sales. There are companies that orchestrate going out of business sales taking months instead of days. They skirt the law and order excessive stock to be shipped on dates spanning the length of the sale. So the inventory was already legally owned even though the building is too small to hold it. So the business moves a tremendous amount of inventory at the normal price, and even at an inflated price. Why? Because people think its gotta go, they're closing the doors, so it must be cheap.

We had a furniture store where I live that was going out of business for over 10 years.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had a furniture store where I live that was going out of business for over 10 years.
Wow....I assume they finally did go out of business? This is the kind of businesses that give consumers such a bad impression of trusting where we shop.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Wow....I assume they finally did go out of business? This is the kind of businesses that give consumers such a bad impression of trusting where we shop.

Eventually yes, they did. Furniture stores are notorious.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things to ponder. Mr. Aesop's posting on forums analogy LOL.

The old man, the boy and the donkey

A MAN and his son were once going with their Donkey to market. As they were walking along by its side a countryman passed them and said: “You fools, what is a Donkey for but to ride upon?”
So the Man put the Boy on the Donkey and they went on their way. But soon they passed a group of men, one of whom said: “See that lazy youngster, he lets his father walk while he rides.”
So the Man ordered his Boy to get off, and got on himself. But they hadn’t gone far when they passed two women, one of whom said to the other: “Shame on that lazy lout to let his poor little son trudge along.”
Well, the Man didn’t know what to do, but at last he took his Boy up before him on the Donkey. By this time they had come to the town, and the passers-by began to jeer and point at them. The Man stopped and asked what they were scoffing at. The men said: “Aren’t you ashamed of yourself for overloading that poor Donkey of yours—you and your hulking son?”
The Man and Boy got off and tried to think what to do. They thought and they thought, till at last they cut down a pole, tied the Donkey’s feet to it, and raised the pole and the Donkey to their shoulders. They went along amid the laughter of all who met them till they came to Market Bridge, when the Donkey, getting one of his feet loose, kicked out and caused the Boy to drop his end of the pole. In the struggle the Donkey fell over the bridge, and his fore-feet being tied together he was drowned.
“That will teach you,” said an old man who had followed them:

The moral is no matter what you post there will always be an element that condemns you for it. Also just to keep it simple, speak from a Christian heart of compassion and let the naysayers grind their teeth.

A new syndrome has entered our culture. It's called the HTS or ETF syndrome. Acronymns for hate Trump syndrome and everything's Trump's fault syndrome.

It's a way of placing all the blame in one place.

Last edited: